image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

fortnitediscord.png

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Shame it hit late as I want to gush all about the new update and have a hectic schedule tomorrow and then will be playing the darn thing!

Looks so good, crammed full of stuff.

Fortnite%2Fblog%2Ffortnitemares-update-1-8-patch-notes%2FPVP_Gameplay_EN-1920x1080-c00c544f2a1b2146ac3fa05a804c96ba68653e70.jpg

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
New thread hype!

Can't wait for this update to hit tomorrow. I've been dying for some cosmetics and I'll gladly give Epic some money for them after playing about 30 hours of this so far. Love that you know what you're buying (no loot boxes) too!

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A little question. Has someone opened the PVE OT yet? If not, should we maybe integrate that into this one? What do you guys think?

I will probably buy the PVE version tomorrow because the new PVP skins will cost 20$ each (2000 V-Bucks) and while the PVE version is around 25$ at the moment and you can relatively easy grind the 2000 V-Bucks in that, it's a way better deal as simply buying the skins. Just think about it.

That's what someone told me on Reddit:

"Have you ever played PVE? 50 a day for dailies, also daily log in rewards give V-bucks (im looking at the screen right now, day 28 is 300, ady 35 is 150 and i've gotten v-bucks a few times before this week). Collection book gives 500x v-bucks twice in the first 23 levels (which is not hard to get to especially if you're slotting everything), and challenges that have 10 steps with each step giving 30-60 v-bucks. And every time you do one of your own Storm Shield defenses you get 100 v-bucks. There are 40 of them.

The first couple dozen hours of PVE throws v-bucks at you. Take advantage of it. "

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
A little question. Has someone opened the PVE OT yet? If not, should we maybe integrate that into this one? What do you guys think?

I will probably buy the PVE version tomorrow because the new PVP skins will cost 20$ each (2000 V-Bucks) and while the PVE version is around 25$ at the moment and you can relatively easy grind the 2000 V-Bucks in that, it's a way better deal as simply buying the skins. Just think about it.

I haven't yet but I think my group and I are possibly going to jump in. We've been loving Battle Royale and hearing good things about PvE. Coupled with the $24 PS+ sale and it seems like a good time to jump in!

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yes, I haven't even seen much of the PVE part or read much about it until tonight and the heavenly focused part of building in it sounds amazing. I can't wait to test it.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
That new update looks sweet. So much new stuff! I've been playing this so much lately, Epic really have a gem in their hands with this game :)

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
I've been afraid to play this again ever since I got my first Battle Royale win a few weeks ago. Left on such a high note, not sure I can pull it off again.

The new updates do interest me though so that might be enough to bring me back.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Cracking update coming in with new content, fixes and QoL improvements.

I was a little wary of buying into what would ultimately transition into a F2P game, but now I don't regret it at all. Loving the effort they're putting in

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I've been afraid to play this again ever since I got my first Battle Royale win a few weeks ago. Left on such a high note, not sure I can pull it off again.

The new updates do interest me though so that might be enough to bring me back.

This was me after my Solo Victory Royale too. Stayed away for about 24 Hours. I'm addicted again but haven't gotten another Solo win. Have pulled a Duo vidtory since though and that one was the sweetest win I've had! (4 total)

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dozens of seconds, no wins for moi. Final second choke pattern, I guess. I will just have to gun for being the best almost-winner of all time.

Glad to be here!

Oct 25, 2017
A few friends and I really enjoy the team survival mode, but I've actually only played one game of solo. I got 2nd. Too intimidated to jump back in.

Hope to see some updates/maybe play w/ some folks here in the future!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, is the game so laggy outside of Xbox Live? Just watched someone "win" while their gun was behind their back - no shot, no nothing. Lag.

Phen0m24

Oct 25, 2017
NJ, USA
Find myself at work wanting to come home and play... this game. It's addictive. Have you all seen SirDimetrious' FNBR vids? They're awesome.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up over the weekend ironically when trying to figure wtf happened elsewhere...I really like it haven't tried PUBG since I have an old MacBook incapable for running it but this is a fun game and the updates seem interesting.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn mother fucking bushes are pissing me off.

I can't believe they aren't even addressing that in their new patch.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking bullshit at the 30fps cap for the pro.

Does anyone have stats on what it runs currently on the pro? Was it locked 60 all the time? I never felt any slowdown.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. I know I'm going to fall for the cosmetics shop if they have some fun outfits in there.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's twice I've been killed from a bush tonight. Close to the beginning of the round too.

I got killed in one match and decided to just spectate the rest of the match. At one point the dude I was spectating walked by a guy who was sitting in a bush and was SO OBVIOUS and I was just uselessly yelling at my TV at how this guy missed the big dude in red clothes sitting really obviously in the bush. He did of course get killed just a few moments later.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
third place in duos with a friend.

We got stopped by the industrial factory on a hill, where other teams were fighting through. Seeing as we had hella shield potions to spare we tredged through the storm circle to stow away in little pockets obscured by it.

Aiming is so finicky on Xbox One. Doesn't feel quick at all when targeting.

Teasing_Pink

Oct 25, 2017
Those patch notes look great. Been wondering when character customization was making it in. Well, great except for the 30fps lock on PS4. Gonna miss the higher framerates a lot.

Iceman829

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the update tomorrow. Game is fun, but the constant updates and patches have been making it better.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
That update is going to be nice but I really am sour on the cosmetics all being paid

Thinking they'll allow currency to be earned after pve goes free

Good to see you folks again

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That update is going to be nice but I really am sour on the cosmetics all being paid

Thinking they'll allow currency to be earned after pve goes free

Good to see you folks again

It's a bit disappointing that there's no way to earn currency in BR right now but I've overall been really pleased with the frequency and quality of updates. They really seem to be listening to the community, so hopefully this transition into monetization is no different!

Oct 25, 2017
Got a duo win in tonight. I have high hopes for this tree fix stuff cause at this point I honestly don't even remember how the game used to run lol

contologics

Oct 25, 2017
I really feel like Fortnite could be something special 6 months or so from now! Also hoping they allow currency to be earned cause ya boy is broke and he still wants to customise lmao

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit disappointing that there's no way to earn currency in BR right now but I've overall been really pleased with the frequency and quality of updates. They really seem to be listening to the community, so hopefully this transition into monetization is no different!

The reddit community is very annoyingly trying to say epic deserves money as if there isnt an alternative

Im willing to spend money on the game. But Ive seen the value. Id much rather have loot boxes because I dont want to pay $50 for a few skins

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this info is widely known but the screenshots on pricing from the patch notes show old pricing on vbucks. I think it was 1200 for 1 skin and 1400 for the other. So a bit cheaper than initially revealed.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this info is widely known but the screenshots on pricing from the patch notes show old pricing on vbucks. I think it was 1200 for 1 skin and 1400 for the other. So a bit cheaper than initially revealed.
Thats still $14 for a premium skin which is fine

But lower skins are like $5-$8 and dont other free to play games have content to get free?

For the season they intend to only gove out a glider and banner skin

I imagine they'll throw more free stiff eventually but yeah. Not hurting for freebies but the pricing will get astronomical

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, I just realized they now have an Asia server. I can finally play with less ping!

Phen0m24

Oct 25, 2017
NJ, USA
OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Downloading right now. :)

Bought and played the PVE version before the server went down, just played the first mission but my god is this fun. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Someone mind screenshotting the new stats screen? Or more?
Got 9 hours until I can hop in and check everything out.

Phen0m24

Oct 25, 2017
NJ, USA
Does this mean I have to get out of bed and download/install the update? It's warm and my cat is sleeping next to me...

Decisions decisions

Move cat you'll be fine

OP
OP
Edge

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh man.... first HUGE disappointment, you still can't choose the characters you want to play with, you still have "your" character that you choose, instead you have an outfit option under customizing but when you don't own a skin, you can't choose something there and still have random characters....

So instead of implementing a Character menu where you choose the character you want to play with and then choose a skin for them, like in every single f'n multiplayer game out there, skins are implemented as "own characters"...

Oh Epic.....

Inside

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Fucking bullshit at the 30fps cap for the pro.

Does anyone have stats on what it runs currently on the pro? Was it locked 60 all the time? I never felt any slowdown.

There is a official statement on the frame rate issue here

More Info and Context - 30 FPS Cap - PS4 and PS4 Pro
Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Hey Everyone,

We just wanted to give a bit more context about the decision to cap frame rate on PS4 and PS4 Pro. We should have gotten this out sooner, and we'll try improve on that in the future.

TLDR: We're really, really sorry to players who appreciated the higher frame rates under certain conditions. Unlocking frame rate was an accidental change with some unusual benefits and drawbacks. We feel that capping consoles to 30 fps will provide the best experience based on our internal metrics and blind play testing. We'll be looking forward to your feedback and continually working to make the experience awesome!

In addition, we are also working on improvements over the next couple of weeks, including locking the "front end" UI and lobby screens at 60fps, and investigating adding a "display options" menu on consoles.

More Background/Technical Info:
  • At launch we had significant problems with frame syncing which was due to the way we were synchronizing the game and render threads with the GPU at 30fps. Digital Foundry made an excellent video that highlights the problem (which was awesome!) and we began work on fixing that.
  • While fixing the frame syncing problem our engineers also identified that in addition to frame syncing, we also had significant input latency because of how we are handling parallel rendering on consoles. This introduced latency as high as 120ms and made the experience on both consoles poor.
  • While working on a fix for this, we inadvertently released a build that uncapped framerate on PS4 and PS4 Pro with our 1.5 release. This was actually a happy mistake, as it hid a lot of the issues with frame syncing and input latency compared to what we launched with and did mean that we hit 60fps in some scenes. However, that also introduced significant variations in frame rate, and we never really reached or could maintain a 60fps lock for longer than a few frames. In general, our data says that average fps on PS4 Pro for Save the World, for example, was around 45fps with a range between 20fps and 55fps. Those dips under 30fps would often get compounded over multiple subsequent frames causing an even worse experience. In addition, it could cause "stuttering" of frames. Your TV can display a new frame 60 times every second, but often would be forced to display the same image twice in a row because the game was rendering at a lower rate. This made smooth camera movements appear "jumpy" as the time between frames oscillated back and forth.
  • Since then, we've been working on the real fix to both frame pacing and input latency and doing significant testing on what would provide the best user experience. One of the many measures we use to track performance is what we call "MVP30" or Missed VSync Percentage at 30fps. In simplified terms, how many frames did we miss rendering compared to perfectly rendering every frame at 30fps. At launch we hovered around 5% missed frames. Our last internal performance test had that number at 1% or less.
  • We have also reduced overall input latency from 120ms to around 76ms in typical gameplay, which was achieved by limiting the time between the simulation thread kicking off and the frame being presented to the display.
  • Our hope was that fixing the frame syncing and input latency bugs would introduce a much better player experience at a consistent frame rate for all players. We have run multiple blind playtests with all of the variations, unlocked framerate on PS4 Pro and PS4, locked framerate on Xbox One, along with the correct fix for both, and players were pretty universal in their preference for what we're about to ship with 1.8.
  • We do intend to cap framerate up to 60fps in our "front end" UI and lobby screens in the short term, and we are constantly striving for optimizing the engine and game code to provide the best experience.
  • We're also investigating adding a menu for capping and uncapping fps and other types of display options, but want to make sure we think through that sufficiently. There's always a balance between optimizing and striving for the best, most consistent, user experience while allowing players the ability to play the way they want. We also have to consider the competitive balance implications.
  • As always, we welcome and value your feedback so please let us know your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.