• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This game has really won me over lately. Was more of a PUBG fan but the lack of jank is kind of refreshing. Getting used to the shooting and the game is lovely to look at and runs pretty good. I like the additions that make it unique. Hopefully we get some cool vehicle soon.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Add Fortnite to the growing list of games (Rocket League and Doom multiplayer) I can't play in China. I guess there aren't any Asian servers? Bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
small patch 4am est

Battle Royale - Patch Notes:

Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue which caused raindrops to appear on the screen when one of your teammate's was in the storm but you were not.

Audio
  • Fixed an issue which caused storm audio to persist even after leaving the storm.
  • EDIT: Fixed a bug which allowed players to hear glider and umbrella deployment from great distances.
Stability
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when a player deployed their glider.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
This game has really won me over lately. Was more of a PUBG fan but the lack of jank is kind of refreshing. Getting used to the shooting and the game is lovely to look at and runs pretty good. I like the additions that make it unique. Hopefully we get some cool vehicle soon.
I have my doubts that vehicles will be in Fortnite's set of features as the pace is already quick and on foot movement isn't a slog. But I could only imagine how glorious it would be for making ramps to jump off of.

Fortnite's won me over as well recently, mostly due to the aforementioned pacing, but also due to the visual clarity (it's real nice when you don't feel compelled to use an external program just to see things), and I've found that the game has generally fostered a playerbase that is more active in approach and allows for more engagements per match rather than the passive nature of players I've often found in PUBG.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT!

The circle was closing in on Wailing Woods and I had 2 launch pads, a rocket launcher, and a sniper rifle. I used the first launch pad to get into a tree near the center of the circle. But the next circle moved towards the edge of wailing woods so I had to get down, build a ramp, and launch myself into another tree. A guy built a fort directly below me. I sniped him right in the head. The last guy was just crouched near a tree with a sniper pointed at that fort. Sniped him for the win :)

Standing on trees is kinda OP. From the outside you have perfect cover.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing with randoms I meet on the official discord isn't so bad. Had few bad experiences so far. Easy to move on if it doesn't work out. Had a group of 4 get to 2nd place. Would have won for sure if we paid a bit more attention to the storm locations etc.. I also ran out of building mats.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Is the game down right now? Or have I been mysteriously banned? It just says the playlists are not available if I click ready. I literally just finished a game with no issues.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been launching Fortnite through Steam in order to use my DS4 to play it(since DS4windows doesnt have the customization that steam has) and ever since yesterday Fortnite isnt accepting any controller inputs(ie the dpad to move through the menus.) Does anyone have a fix for this? Literally every other game I launch through steam works

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Just got an update for Fortnite on the X. It's not the launchpad update, but something newer. Anyone know what it did?

Aesop

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just got an update for Fortnite on the X. It's not the launchpad update, but something newer. Anyone know what it did?

Heya folks,

We will be deploying a small patch on November 16 to address a few nasty bugs and crashes for Battle Royale.

The PC and PS4 patch will go live at 4:00am Eastern Time, while the Xbox patch is planned to go live sometime around 9:00am Eastern Time. The timing on the Xbox patch is subject to change.
There will be no downtime, but Battle Royale will be temporarily disabled for maintenance when the patch is deployed. All players will need to close and update their clients. For immediate updates, keep an eye on our twitter.

[EDIT 5:30am ET] Maintenance is complete, Battle Royale is re-enabled, and the Battle Bus is tuned up and ready for take off. Hop in!

Battle Royale - Patch Notes:

Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue which caused raindrops to appear on the screen when one of your teammate's was in the storm but you were not.

Audio
  • Fixed an issue which caused storm audio to persist even after leaving the storm.
  • EDIT: Fixed a bug which allowed players to hear glider and umbrella deployment from great distances.
Stability
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when a player deployed their glider.

Oct 25, 2017
First game win tonight in solo. The end was really interesting with all the huge trees. One of the players had a RPG, but I managed to use the trees as cover til there were only 2 left and gunned them both down as I was in the last circle already.

Oct 25, 2017
New dev video update

talking points:

silenced smg
team kills
weapon changes

edit:
talk about public test servers again (more info in future blog soon)

Oct 25, 2017
Confused as to how the Silenced SMG will confuse people as to where you're shooting them from when the hit indicator usually points you dead in the direction of the shooter.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the silencer. Too many times I've been side busted in firefights for going loud.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Battle Royale Silenced SMG Hotfix - Nov 20
Today, 03:40 PM

How's it going Fortnite friends,

We will be deploying a hotfix on Nov 20, around 9:00am Eastern Time in order to airdrop in the Silenced SMG ... and more! This hotfix will include a number of balance changes as well. What a pleasant surprise!
There will be no downtime and players will not be interrupted mid-match, so expect a silky smooth transition. Please keep an eye on our twitter for immediate updates.

Did someone say ... balance changes?

That's right! Hotfix notes below:
  • Enabled Silenced SMG
    • Can be found as a Common, Uncommon or Rare variant.
    • This new SMG is Suppressed, making it the quietest weapon in the game.
  • Assault Rifle accuracy increased.
    • ADS accuracy benefit increased by 33%.
    • Accuracy penalty per shot decreased by 20%.
    • Accuracy reset speed increased by 20%.
    • Recoil reduced by 30%.
  • SMG damage increased from 12/12/13 to 14/15/16 for all rarities.
  • SMG magazine size increased from 25 to 35.
  • Tactical SMG damage increased from 14/15/16 to 16/17/18 for all rarities.
  • Adjusted SMG/Tactical SMG environmental damage to match base damage.
  • Rocket Launcher reload time increased by 10%.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
If that AR change is across the board, it'll make the Burst AR even more of a laser. The question at this point is whether it'll make full auto pulls on the M16 accurate enough to outweigh the laser pointer Burst AR.

Oct 25, 2017
If that AR change is across the board, it'll make the Burst AR even more of a laser. The question at this point is whether it'll make full auto pulls on the M16 accurate enough to outweigh the laser pointer Burst AR.

They refer to weapons by their full name, so they would have said burst assault rifle, like with the smg distinctions. So it's definitely not impacting burst rifle.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Just had an amazing match man. Me and my friend got 15 kills between us (8/7 to me) and won the game. Outstanding performance.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally downloaded this not on the PS4 because a load of my non PC friends have been playing it. Started with one map to work out the controls and building. Then got a 7 kill duo win. Guess those PUBG skills come in handy. I really like it though, a lot more easy going than PUBG and a lot less wonky.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017
I found a beehive in a bedroom for the first time earlier. Can't find much info online about it but apparently it's an easter egg from PVE that appears rarely in PVP. Surprised the hell out of me considering I've put so many hours into the game but never seen one before.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally downloaded this not on the PS4 because a load of my non PC friends have been playing it. Started with one map to work out the controls and building. Then got a 7 kill duo win. Guess those PUBG skills come in handy. I really like it though, a lot more easy going than PUBG and a lot less wonky.

I've been telling a few guys in my office to give Fortnite BR a try over PUBG for exactly that - "a lot less wonky"

Someone had to explain - what makes pubg wonky cause I never played it and heard that comparison to fortnite a ton.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone had to explain - what makes pubg wonky cause I never played it and heard that comparison to fortnite a ton.
PUBG is crazy buggy. Tonnes of instance where you'll fall through the map. You'll pump 50 bullets into someone and they'll one shot you. Cheaters aren't exactly rife, but you do encounter them. Vehicles are (hilarious) death traps because the physics are just fucked. People can crouch jump out of windows. List goes on really.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to watch streamers with top of the line rigs play Fortnite as compared to PUBG. Fortnite runs silky smooth, but PUBG still manages to run poorly somehow. It's entirely possible that the XB1 version of PUBG ends up being a smoother experience than the PC version because I really don't think Bluehole is up to the task of optimizing a game as ambitious as PUBG on their own. PUBG is clearly a special game, but they risk having their lunch eaten as more competent studios dive into the genre. Fortnite is only the beginning.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Liked this game so much I bought the 60 version. Already upto 800 Vbucks in one day and haven't even completed the challenges or dailies. Gonna hoard till something I really want comes out. Not really crazy about any of the cosmetics yet.

ScrubnMuhTub

Oct 25, 2017
NA
I've been invited by a friend to try this out, but I haven't played any shooters since CS back in the day. Tips for a new comer? How do I have a good time without bringing out the Hulk inside?

Oct 25, 2017
I've been invited by a friend to try this out, but I haven't played any shooters since CS back in the day. Tips for a new comer? How do I have a good time without bringing out the Hulk inside?

Shotguns are very strong early game. Pump shotgun can 1 hit anyone in the head whether or not they have shields. Tactical shotgun is more forgiving for misses or partial hits since it's fast rate of fire.

You want to typically drop on top of houses that have a high chance of having a chest. A chest has a guaranteed weapon and a high chance of having a better weapon you might find lying around outside of a chest, along with an additional item like bandages or shields. You'll quickly learn the spots where chests tend to spawn. They're most common found in the attic of houses. So you land on top of the house and use the pick axe to break into the attic from the roof. Chests also make a loud noise you'll learn pretty quick, and that helps identify if and where chests are when you're nearby.

Accuracy is heavily affected by movement on rifles. The single shot AR (looks like a black M16) is getting buffed on Monday-ish. The burst rifle is very strong now.

Higher rarity weapons = better aim and slightly better damage. White/grey is weakest, then it goes from green, to blue, purple, and yellow/gold is legendary.

Building is pretty key for getting around and often fighting.

Lastly, you can open your inventory by hitting i. This will let you drop items or reorganize your weapons.

Without deluging you with small tips, that is the best I can offer. Once you play with Alpha and I you'll probably learn this stuff pretty quickly anyway.

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Did not think I'd ever get into a battle royale game. I play PUBG every so often with friends but it does not retain my interest and the level of jank does not help. Really loving the rate at which Epic pushes out updates. I'm looking forward to more costumes!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. After playing Rust, H1Z1 and PUBG this game feels amazing and I love that they are embracing the crazy. The fast pace also makes it less stressful. A couple of top ten finishes in PUBG drain me. This game is just addicting.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
Thank you. I kind of missed the boat on the pumpkin surfing hype...even though I did it first, but the world will never know. Pity me! :D I never thought you could do it on purpose. So I thought, "I'll post this later, people will love thi..." and then people were doing it all over the place. The bitter salty badness fuels me.

Status
Not open for further replies.