• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
When your entire squad is dead and you have nothing to lose, this is how you use a launch pad:

Well, at least this is how PuMa does.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I feel like I'm missing something in the game only a few games in but the last couple I hid and waited for someone and as they ran by I ran up on them and both turned immediately and blasted me. Is there a way to hear or see people that I don't know about or does everyone just know to have their head on a swivel lol

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Footsteps are super loud. If you crouch run they are a little quieter but you can still hear them. Are you playing with a headset or just tv speakers?

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a very fun solo win. The circle was small as hell right around the edges of retail row's north east corner. 3 people were left. I was outside the store and fairly certain one was inside the store. I set up a ceiling trap outside the back door. Then I spotted one player crouching going towards the other end of the store. I dropped him with the tactical shotgun. I set up a trap on the other end of the retail store and one more between the two. Then I popped a look through the back and saw him with a RPG and shot him once and started moving to avoid his RPG reprisal. I went to the other end of the store about to pop in and shoot some more, but he actually exited out the back and died to the trap! lol

Heart was racing afterwards. Weird cause I was calm as hell during it!

edit:
After playing with some randoms off and on, went back to solo and within 2 games got another win!

Last edited:

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Man, I've won at squads and duos, but lately haven't been able to get close to top 10 anymore. In solo, I can almost guarantee top 10, but can't get the win. Feelsbadman.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Man, I've won at squads and duos, but lately haven't been able to get close to top 10 anymore. In solo, I can almost guarantee top 10, but can't get the win. Feelsbadman.

I'm the same.

I haven't played in a long while but when I went back on it today I was getting owned pretty much constantly. Every time I shoot someone they spin round and start firing pin point accurate hits on me even when I'm half in cover, yet if someone shoots me I find it difficult to see where Im getting shot from and end up dancing around like mad man to avoid being killed.

I would pretty much finish in the top 3 regularly before and now I can't even get in the top 20.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm the same.

I haven't played in a long while but when I went back on it today I was getting owned pretty much constantly. Every time I shoot someone they spin round and start firing pin point accurate hits on me even when I'm half in cover, yet if someone shoots me I find it difficult to see where Im getting shot from and end up dancing around like mad man to avoid being killed.

I would pretty much finish in the top 3 regularly before and now I can't even get in the top 20.

I feel they've changed something, but can't put my finger on exactly what. I know at some point one of their updates changed my sensitivity from 75 to 65, so I had to change it back. There are times I am hitting someone dead on w/ the M16 and maybe 1 shot will land. Other times I hit so many times but can't kill or down them. I assume they have 200HP, but shit, SO DO I, and I end up dying after 1 or 2 well placed shots.

How long has it been since you last played or were getting top 3 regularly?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel they've changed something, but can't put my finger on exactly what. I know at some point one of their updates changed my sensitivity from 75 to 65, so I had to change it back. There are times I am hitting someone dead on w/ the M16 and maybe 1 shot will land. Other times I hit so many times but can't kill or down them. I assume they have 200HP, but shit, SO DO I, and I end up dying after 1 or 2 well placed shots.

How long has it been since you last played or were getting top 3 regularly?

Ive not played for 2 weeks before today probably more than that for solo.

I'm just assuming that the skill level as gone up, but I'll check out the sensitivity later.

I did just finish 2nd in a solo game , but that was pure luck and I got there without firing a single round.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017
They need to fix the awful aim "assist" on consoles that doesn't let you directly target someone at some angles when their moving. The aim gets stuck an inch away from their body no matter how much you push the stick towards them.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I only played a couple of games this morning, but how's this SMG fix and silenced SMG?

Smoke grenades, could be cool. Inventory management is becoming Sophie's choice week by week.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They are fixing up aim assist soon. It's definitely trash.

Im still praying for a shield overhaul. That and headshot damage is too ridiculous and ruining my fun. With the AR buffs, it's going to need a tweak quick.

Silenced SMG is good, and it feels as if there is some decent CQC play between Silenced SMG, shotgun, and the green/blue pistols.

Pistols are weakest but have the range advantage, shotguns are shotguns, and SMG packs a punch, especially if you get the drop. Havent tested normal SMGs, but I dont think they should even exist at this point

Oct 25, 2017
Got another solo win today. I got 2 kills early on and a sniper rifle. Then I camped into a house that I placed traps on the first floor. Only got 1 kill that house. Didn't have to move til like 3rd circle. Snuck my way up to it (at this point it's wailing woods + bridge between the woods and tomato town. Built a small fort next to bridge, someone snuck up to it and I shotgunned him from the top. I don't recall landing any kills but I did land a few sniper shots. I only had limited sniper ammo. It ended up being 1v1 and I skirted the circle til I saw the last guy. I landed a sniper shot and he appeared to try to hide and heal up. So I pushed up and he kept running between the big trees and my aim with AR wasn't on point. I ended up making a few ramps and hitting a sweet shotgun kill while he was jumping trying to flank me.

Now that the game runs much better for me, it's much less frustrating and wins are obtainable "consistently". 3 wins between today and yesterday, about 7-8 solo games.

ghostwich

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Mobius.

I just fired up two matches to try out the silenced SMG, and it feels good - another sound to watch out for.

I'm not sure I see a place for pistols and revolvers with the drop rate of everything else.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, Mobius.

I just fired up two matches to try out the silenced SMG, and it feels good - another sound to watch out for.

I'm not sure I see a place for pistols and revolvers with the drop rate of everything else.

The pistol is one of my favourite weapons, but I agree with the revolver. I don't recall ever killing with, or being killed by it.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Mobius.

I got a silenced SMG but ended up not using it. At the same time I got a scar, which is also silenced. Both games I played today I just rode the bolt sniper anyway.

The pistol is one of my favourite weapons, but I agree with the revolver. I don't recall ever killing with, or being killed by it.

Pistols/revolve are both actually pretty good imo. I've gotten plenty of revolver kills close range with hip fire and medium range with aiming.

Pistols are pretty tight too. Blue pistol is actually legit good close/medium range imo.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I have 5 or so solo wins, 5 or so squad wins, and 0 dual wins. Wish I had people to play with other than randoms :/

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that my sensitivity still gets changed every update? I have my sens at .10 and it goes up to.28 every update.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why since update 1.9 I can never get my steam controller config/ overlay working while launching through steam?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I play solo and have 16 hours in. After 16 hours I notched my first win finally!

Feels bad it took that long but was great to finally pop one off.

Any tips that could help me improve?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I play solo and have 16 hours in. After 16 hours I notched my first win finally!

Do you know how to build a basic tower? So box yourself in, place a ramp, jump in the air, put floor under you, then repeat for another 2 floors, making sure you don't block off the top of the ramp, so you have a good defensive position.
You can put a door at the bottom of the ramp for a quick escape.

If you can get it up without it taking damage (so once the parts turn from the transparent blue to fully assembled) it'll withstand a hell of a lot of damage, especially if you have enough material spare to repair it (R3 on PS4).

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017

To me, there are 3 main ways to win:
1. If you are super good, play aggressive and just run around killing as many people as you can. This will give you the best chance for the best loot for endgame.
2. If you are a good player, you get to the end game and know how to build a good fort like Jimny said above.
3. If you suck like me, you hide in bushes, under trees, or in buildings until the end and then hope to get lucky. (worked 10 times for me in solo mode so far :P)

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
To me, there are 3 main ways to win:
1. If you are super good, play aggressive and just run around killing as many people as you can. This will give you the best chance for the best loot for endgame.
2. If you are a good player, you get to the end game and know how to build a good fort like Jimny said above.
3. If you suck like me, you hide in bushes, under trees, or in buildings until the end and then hope to get lucky. (worked 10 times for me in solo mode so far :P)
I play quite passive. Always landing to the outer edge of the far side where the bus comes in.

Always hit up the dual house combos for max chests.

That's how I won my first game. Just got super lucky. Had crap gear. Killed 2 before hitting top 10. Rolled up behind some guys big fort. Built my way in while he was firing on people to get me an easy shotgun kill. Giving me tons of gear too. Rocket launcher killed the final 2 who scurried around between trees lol

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
That's how I tend to play as well. Stay on the outside of the circle til the end almost always watching out for people to come in after you instead of looking inwards. A lot of my solo wins have been hiding underneath someone's fort and letting them kill off the remainder and then waiting until the circle keeps closing in and they eventually have to jump out of their fort. I then kill them. If you can stay quiet, most fort builders don't tend to think you are right under their noses and they are searching bushes or trees.

If you can't build huge cool forts yourself and if the circle doesn't move away from their fort, you do something like this:

Edit*: I have since changed my PSN Avatar, lol.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have 5 or so solo wins, 5 or so squad wins, and 0 dual wins. Wish I had people to play with other than randoms :/

Add me, I'm east coast and play regularly. My sn is kenjovani. I will tell you however i always start my games the same. I go to the farthest corner house away from everyone once the bus launches so i can stack up on stuff so if you don't mind that, add me.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
That's how I tend to play as well. Stay on the outside of the circle til the end almost always watching out for people to come in after you instead of looking inwards. A lot of my solo wins have been hiding underneath someone's fort and letting them kill off the remainder and then waiting until the circle keeps closing in and they eventually have to jump out of their fort. I then kill them. If you can stay quiet, most fort builders don't tend to think you are right under their noses and they are searching bushes or trees.

If you can't build huge cool forts yourself and if the circle doesn't move away from their fort, you do something like this:

Edit*: I have since changed my PSN Avatar, lol.

Solid edit haha.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I am in love with the jump pad. Just love being able to use it in the final stretches to flank someone that's forted up and backs off for a bit. Managed to get two wins tonight. I didn't like the bolt-action sniper at first, but once I got the hang of the speed and drop it's been so fun. I tried some PUBG today after an especially long session and it's getting hard to go back to. The building, destruction, speed, and arsenal of weaponry is just way more up my alley.

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is killing it on twitch.

I usually go to twitch to see whats new and hot.

Like, Fortnite is doing pretty damn good there in terms of viewers.

I think Fortnite and Epic are doing a good job distancing themselves from PUBG from a gameplay standpoint. Epic is embracing the wacky nature and I'm ok with that.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I tried some PUBG today after an especially long session and it's getting hard to go back to. The building, destruction, speed, and arsenal of weaponry is just way more up my alley.

Tried going back to PUBG after paying only Fortnite for a few weeks. It feels so goddamn slow. Not only the long lulls between bouts of action, but the whole meta is slow and passive in general. Also, janky as fuck.

You'll get your occasional camper/bush-wookie in Fortnite, but players are much more willing to push - the game kind of promotes and encourages a more active approach to gameplay.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
After playing all these slow janky BR games for years Fortnite is just a blast and I look forward to what the future brings for this game. It has such a solid foundation and what looks to be a great dev team behind it. I hope they keep embracing the fun and setting itself apart from the others.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing the gray silenced SMG everywhere and thinking it was the burst rifle. They kinda look similar. Then I realized the SMG uses light ammo....

Finally picked one up but never really had a chance to use it. The Scar always seemed like the better option. It was also very accurate today so I don't know if they buffed that recently?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've been seeing the gray silenced SMG everywhere and thinking it was the burst rifle. They kinda look similar. Then I realized the SMG uses light ammo....

Finally picked one up but never really had a chance to use it. The Scar always seemed like the better option. It was also very accurate today so I don't know if they buffed that recently?

I believe the standard AR (so the SCAR included) had some sort of buff to either accuracy or recoil.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for that. I remember reading that earlier this week, but I couldn't find it last night when I was looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.