• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind there being a grind-based reward because it feels cheesy to see the first day of the season with omega's or john wick's running around, but the level cap on the lights is just too insane and it's straight up brutal to feel like you're close and then see the breakdown of how much experience the final 10 levels are.

The blockbuster setup is much better I feel, you have to set up the unlock conditions and can't bypass it with money. I like the idea of the armor pieces for skins in general, but I'd rather that be maybe a separate set of challenges while using the skin? Like the omega lights would be getting wins with that skin on or something, or long term kill goals that aren't tied to just this season.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is there drop-off on it? I've only gotten it a couple of times but couldn't get a feel for it at all, the reticule almost feels off or something but I can't see my shots really so can't tell what I'm not accommodating for.

It feels like there's a slight drop. It might just me tricking myself tho. I def aim slightly above the head regardless and it still registers. Love this gun and I rarely pick up snipers now.

Managed to get my hands on 16 C4 in one match. And 6 stink bombs. Lobbed a few stink bombs over the top for confusion then leveled their big ass fort from below with 3 C4. Then we wiped out their squad without taking damage cause they had no idea what was happening. God I love these things. Please don't nerf em, Epic.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, one match played today to do challenges and I get pump + tac'd lol.

Oh Epic, you're so fucking hopeless. Shit should have been fixed months ago.

At least I know that they'll eventually fix it. And then people while whine and cry when they get their crutch taken away.
They can limit to one shotgun, nerf the damage even more, and make the wait between pumps shorter. That would be the only way to appease both the fans of pump + tact and people who can't defend against them.

Or maybe introduce a sawed-off shotgun like in Gears 3 and completely kill the shotgun duel meta.

Last edited:

idolminds

Nov 2, 2017
I've played the game every day this season, completed every weekly challenge including the bonus levels, haven't missed a single daily quest, and played a bunch of games just for funsies. On the XP curve I'm not even to the half way point to level 80. Epic is asking for a LOT of your free time for that last unlock. Worse if you don't have a group of friends to get the XP bonuses.

It's feeling like a grind and I'm only aiming for level 65 now. It's honestly burning me out on the game and I'm probably sitting out the next battle pass.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get the llama heads to pop up on the main lobby screen? The screen blurs and there's different colored floating llama heads lol but I dont know how to reproduce it. I thought it just happened because I left it sitting there for awhile like it was a screen saver but I did it again and it's not happening.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I've played the game every day this season, completed every weekly challenge including the bonus levels, haven't missed a single daily quest, and played a bunch of games just for funsies. On the XP curve I'm not even to the half way point to level 80. Epic is asking for a LOT of your free time for that last unlock. Worse if you don't have a group of friends to get the XP bonuses.

It's feeling like a grind and I'm only aiming for level 65 now. It's honestly burning me out on the game and I'm probably sitting out the next battle pass.

I am right there with you. I have done everything so far and am only level 57. Epic can fuck off this will be the last battle pass I buy.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
"The point of this LTM is to not die so your team can win."

"Guess I'm just going to fuck off by myself and die then lol."

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Anyone on switch willing to help with the disco ball at loot lake?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this LTM is super boring. Like, it's really bad. There's the whole map circle where you gather stuff, then a circle thats just barely smaller...and what the hell are you supposed to be doing in this phase? It's really, really boring. And then the last circle might have you running too far as usual, while whichever team is closest has a big advantage.

I'd have to play more but the circle sizes and times of them are all jakced up making it the most boring mode I've played yet.

There's also problems with the very end but again I'd have to play it more to pinpoint the issue. There's times where it can be super fun...but it usually isn't. Maybe it's because if you're down in numbers you're forced to attack which 90% of the time doesn't end well. Or maybe because the timer is 60 seconds only? Or maybe because the normal way is just better? I don't know.

I bet player numbers are dropping though because of the boredom. It isn't fun.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I am right there with you. I have done everything so far and am only level 57. Epic can fuck off this will be the last battle pass I buy.

I don't know man, season 4 gives you quite a few skins, some of which are quite good, and this season, earning battle stars has been easier: I'll hit battle pass rank 100 in week 8.

All you get from leveling to 85 is ... lights, for the level 100 skin. I've come to the conclusion that it's not that big of a deal.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All you get from leveling to 85 is ... lights, for the level 100 skin. I've come to the conclusion that it's not that big of a deal.
Epic has already added customization lights though. You never know if they'll add more.

I think people don't want to be permanently locked out of any kind of customization option for a skin that took a lot of work to acquire.

I'm pretty sure they'll add some double XP time before the end of the season. They'd be insane not to.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this LTM is super boring. Like, it's really bad. There's the whole map circle where you gather stuff, then a circle thats just barely smaller...and what the hell are you supposed to be doing in this phase? It's really, really boring. And then the last circle might have you running too far as usual, while whichever team is closest has a big advantage.

I'd have to play more but the circle sizes and times of them are all jakced up making it the most boring mode I've played yet.

There's also problems with the very end but again I'd have to play it more to pinpoint the issue. There's times where it can be super fun...but it usually isn't. Maybe it's because if you're down in numbers you're forced to attack which 90% of the time doesn't end well. Or maybe because the timer is 60 seconds only? Or maybe because the normal way is just better? I don't know.

I bet player numbers are dropping though because of the boredom. It isn't fun.

Just got out of a match that was just like this. There's no focus at all, imo. The initial circles are much too big. Was trying to do some challenges, but that match already bored me to tears. Not trying it again in this state.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of a match that was just like this. There's no focus at all, imo. The initial circles are much too big. Was trying to do some challenges, but that match already bored me to tears. Not trying it again in this state.
After playing again, there's another issue and that is if youre in that second (the second from last) circle from the start, you're doing absolutely nothing for a good amount of minutes. Youre not even running to it (which is boring enough) youre just...waiting.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think we can confidently say Reddit was wrong when they said introducing grind-based rewards for battle pass would be good idea way back in Season 2.
It's just too grindy. I think it being at something like LVL 65 tops would be fine. But yeah, I wouldn't care if we just get something like the Blockbuster challenge next season. The battlepass grind is more than fine enough.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
There was an awesome suggestion on Reddit about a health grenade. Not sure about the suggested numbers, but the basic idea is great imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8sdaam/suggestion_slurp_grenade_for_all_you_medics_out/

Honestly I just want a medic class. I dont know what the benefits/drawbacks of being one would be, but I think if done right it could be something different and help people who cant really build or shoot to still have fun playing.
Something like this would be cool but I am 100% against classes in any BR game. The whole idea of BR is for everyone to start on an even playing field and having to account for class variations takes that whole idea away.

I am all for more health options aside from what we have now, for example the apples and mushrooms have been one of the best recent additions to the game.
One thing I would like to see is a Stim Pistol similar to Doc in Rainbow Six: Siege, that instantly revives any player that is shot by it. Make it a legendary 1-2 time use weapon or something.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something like this would be cool but I am 100% against classes in any BR game. The whole idea of BR is for everyone to start on an even playing field and having to account for class variations takes that whole idea away.

I am all for more health options aside from what we have now, for example the apples and mushrooms have been one of the best recent additions to the game.
One thing I would like to see is a Stim Pistol similar to Doc in Rainbow Six: Siege, that instantly revives any player that is shot by it. Make it a legendary 1-2 time use weapon or something.
Yeah thats fair. Youre right it is a BR game. To me it would be more fun with options and for people with less skill, but it could be pretty tough to keep a good balance.

And yeah I like the Stim Pistol idea also. Basically anything I can do to give myself and/or my team health from a distance.

Oct 25, 2017

Hard disagree here. Realm royale is a blast and you still start on an even playing field. Having to account for variations is not a problem either.

I never thought about it for fortnite but I am sure they could do it well if they chose to.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main concern I'd have with classes in a BR is that you'd have to balance the classes as well as the weapons. Before too long, 1 class would probably become the "OP" class where a few others are underpowered. I'd have to feel like I lost a fight because the other guy's class counters mine perfectly or something.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone had the issue where the game won't start on Xbox and then tells you to reinstall the game? Reinstalled it and then got told the same thing again.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Hard disagree here. Realm royale is a blast and you still start on an even playing field. Having to account for variations is not a problem either.

I never thought about it for fortnite but I am sure they could do it well if they chose to.
Haven't played Realm Royale yet but from the streams i've watched it looks like a balancing nightmare. Classes would only work for me if it was a team-based BR game because in Solo it would be really hard to counter someone.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Realm Royale yet but from the streams i've watched it looks like a balancing nightmare. Classes would only work for me if it was a team-based BR game because in Solo it would be really hard to counter someone.

There are 5 classes. Far from a balancing nightmare. In comparison, paladins has 30 or more champions, each with something like 1000 different possible loadouts.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Epic isn't exactly knocking it out of the park when it comes to balancing the limited amount of weapons in their game. I wouldn't even dare add classes to the equation.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I got a hold of a thermal sight rifle in 20v last night. It's pretty amazing. At long range, you can watch another player before he peeks and just poke him right in the head the moment he emerges.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
So I still can't login to switch. It says login failed try again later.

Is it because I have the wrong info I'm putting in? Or is it completely broken for me

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh jeez,I forgot about Tricera Ops, and oh my god at the rawr emote. Now I am tempted of refunding the soccer skin lol, as I love Tricera Ops, and especially the dino baby.:P

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The grind to lvl 80 isn't fun

Think I'll just give up and be happy enough with the helmet

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Fossil Flyer almost a month ago and Epic puts out a way better dino themed glider. And I think I'm past the refund period.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Does this game not have matchmaking? My friends and I just started and we're getting de_stroyed by people who clearly have a clue what they're doing.

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game not have matchmaking? My friends and I just started and we're getting de_stroyed by people who clearly have a clue what they're doing.

No, this community cried about even a hint of matchmaking. I think it's absurd to not have any but apparently BR must be unfair regarding skill levels as part of their core identity or some shit people made up. (talking about reddit community)

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope no matchmaking. I'd suggest at first just landing toward edges and unpopulated areas and getting a feel for things. They're supposed to add a playground mode where you can practice but they were having issues with it so I don't think there's an ETA for it. Soon hopefully.

And watch YouTube videos with beginner tips like how to aim and build a 1x1 and such.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When you're consistently getting double digit kills and the squad you play with consistently get zero or die early in the match, there comes a time when you just wanna cut your IRL party out of your Fortnite games and start utilizing xboxs group search lol.

Has nothing to do with stealing kills or using them as bait, either. Just play and mentally comprehend battles at completely different levels, and they have just as much playtime. Ugh.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Can 50v50 come back?-_- Felt like it went away too soon lol, and I am not really feeling this 20x5 version either.

20x5 is too boring, it feels like you're just looting until the small circle. 50v50 can be just looting most the match too, but at least there you had the option to drop right into the action if you wanted.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "not everyone deserves the maxed out Omega skin" thread on reddit gave me a few laughs. Some people take this shit way too seriously lol

Status
Not open for further replies.