• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But they're right
The level 80 skin is meaningless lights for people who just play a lot, if you can't play that much then just don't get it

Oct 25, 2017
I met some dude while doing random squads a few weeks ago and he ended up adding me to his friends list and bringing me into his group. Now I have a giant friend list of people that has a few people on at all times and it feels like a completely different game. Not all of them are amazing, but I'm not really either so it's whatever. It's just more fun when you have a group of people who all enjoying playing.

I pretty much left my old duos partners behind because of this though. One just got angry at the game when we lost while the other would just make excuses when we died and refused to learn from his mistakes. I'm pretty casual at this game, but it's not fun to play with people who just complain instead of trying to get better.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten 3 solo victories on the Switch version. The problem is there's no stats on this version to record it and it doesn't show up when I check my stats on Xbox. I hope these wins won't be forgotten.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
After these challenges I should have Omega or be right about there. Have basically no hope of 80 but I'm at 59 so it'd be nice to hit 65 for the carbide thing atleast.

When you max the battlepass, does stuff like the extra star turn into pure XP gain or something? Anyone know how that breaks down?

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Challenges seem easy enough this week. I'm almost certain now I'll get to level 80 now, not because I started playing more, but a friend started playing the game but didn't want to buy the BP this late in the season, so I gave him my account to play on. It's not good for my stats but I'll get those purple lights :D and he has some skins and challenges to have fun with.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if binding ramp, walls to keyboard is faster to build with than binding them to the mouse
I honestly struggle with some of my mouse binds now. I think keyboard is definitely faster. But 1800+ games worth of muscle memory makes it almost impossible to change things up now.

When you max the battlepass, does stuff like the extra star turn into pure XP gain or something?
Yes. A 10 star challenge will get you 1000 exp, and a 5 star challenge will be 500 exp. The extra tiers should also be 1000 exp.

It's not a lot... especially when you get up to level 60-80.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit level 73 and tier 100. Two more challenges to go, sucks that I still can't use my account on the Switch, doing the challenges on the iPad with touch controls is painful. I'm going to continue my strike of purchasing items through PSN, getting the new Pterodactyl glider through the Apple store. :)

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got Q walls, T ramps, F floor and H traps
I have the thumb button if I'm lazy and just want to switch between weapons and building

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit level 73 and tier 100. Two more challenges to go, sucks that I still can't use my account on the Switch, doing the challenges on the iPad with touch controls is painful. I'm going to continue my strike of purchasing items through PSN, getting the new Pterodactyl glider through the Apple store. :)
Yes if I'll need to buy V-bucks again I'll do it on PC, Sony won't make money of me any more with Fortnite. I have friends on all 3 platforms that I'd love to play with and I won't buy two Battle passes.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
20x5 is too boring, it feels like you're just looting until the small circle. 50v50 can be just looting most the match too, but at least there you had the option to drop right into the action if you wanted.

It's just so much more focused in 50s. Many lag behind, but knowing that you'll have action immediately after getting to the zone was nice.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's just so much more focused in 50s. Many lag behind, but knowing that you'll have action immediately after getting to the zone was nice.
Yup. I really wish they'd make it permanent. Just not digging this new mode at all, but I do appreciate them trying new big team modes. Easily my favorite way to play the game at this point.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten 3 solo victories on the Switch version. The problem is there's no stats on this version to record it and it doesn't show up when I check my stats on Xbox. I hope these wins won't be forgotten.
Yeah I'm sorely missing stats right about now since I've won probably around 20-25% of my Solos on Switch which is a lot better than my normal win rate haha. Sucks they aren't being tracked, I don't even think they've given an ETA for when they're coming either.

Ziocyte

Oct 27, 2017
I hit an extreme drought yesterday and I'm shook. First day I haven't won a game in weeks. The culprits:

- Double shotgun is out of control. With so many weapons in game, and so many players choosing to take up two of their precious weapon slots with two of the same item type, Epic HAS to see this data and be thinking of ways to fix it.
- So I guess stink bombs are mandatory to crack turtles now. It seems everyone has learned that if you fort up hard and someone tries to break-drop into your 1x1 to place a trap when they fall in. They arm fast and at 150 damage they are going to kill you.
- No peak snipers. I don't know what was happening yesterday but I was getting hit by multiple snipers at the same height as me that never had to peak over the edge. They weren't showing anything. Super frustrating.

Back to the drawing board later today.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I hit an extreme drought yesterday and I'm shook. First day I haven't won a game in weeks. The culprits:

- Double shotgun is out of control. With so many weapons in game, and so many players choosing to take up two of their precious weapon slots with two of the same item type, Epic HAS to see this data and be thinking of ways to fix it.
- So I guess stink bombs are mandatory to crack turtles now. It seems everyone has learned that if you fort up hard and someone tries to break-drop into your 1x1 to place a trap when they fall in. They arm fast and at 150 damage they are going to kill you.
- No peak snipers. I don't know what was happening yesterday but I was getting hit by multiple snipers at the same height as me that never had to peak over the edge. They weren't showing anything. Super frustrating.

Back to the drawing board later today.

I wish a drought for me was not winning a game. Ha. I don't win most days. Kills are getting better tho,

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Y'all see this??

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/counterplay-and-play-styles?sessionInvalidated=true

TL;DR - We are going to continue to make changes to evolve the game to give players multiple ways to counter each other in combat, and create more strategies to win the game.

Fortnite is constantly evolving. Our goal with any changes is to keep the game fun and interesting, keeping it feeling fresh and new.

It's important to support a variety of late game strategies, that don't boil down to "just build lol". We strongly believe that the evolution of Fortnite supports a wide range of play styles and counterplay. Currently, the superiority of shotguns, rockets, and uncapped building are such a dominant play style in the final circle that most other strategies are being drowned out.
RECENT & UPCOMING CHANGES
We have made a few changes recently -- and will continue to make more -- to give you options to counter other players in combat, especially in the late game.

We are exploring changes to weapon balance and resource economy, like e.g. resource caps.
MOVING FORWARD
So, where does this leave us?

You should be able to find Victory Royales through multiple strategies. Shotguns should be strong, but other weapons have room to grow. Not every encounter should have to end in a build-off. We want to empower you to showcase your skill, strategy, and tactics in all variety of ways.

We'll be exploring these changes over the next few weeks - we're excited to hear your thoughts and encourage you to participate in discussions on our various social channels.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Y'all see this??

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/counterplay-and-play-styles?sessionInvalidated=true

TL;DR - We are going to continue to make changes to evolve the game to give players multiple ways to counter each other in combat, and create more strategies to win the game.

Fortnite is constantly evolving. Our goal with any changes is to keep the game fun and interesting, keeping it feeling fresh and new.

It's important to support a variety of late game strategies, that don't boil down to "just build lol". We strongly believe that the evolution of Fortnite supports a wide range of play styles and counterplay. Currently, the superiority of shotguns, rockets, and uncapped building are such a dominant play style in the final circle that most other strategies are being drowned out.
RECENT & UPCOMING CHANGES
We have made a few changes recently -- and will continue to make more -- to give you options to counter other players in combat, especially in the late game.

We are exploring changes to weapon balance and resource economy, like e.g. resource caps.
MOVING FORWARD
So, where does this leave us?

You should be able to find Victory Royales through multiple strategies. Shotguns should be strong, but other weapons have room to grow. Not every encounter should have to end in a build-off. We want to empower you to showcase your skill, strategy, and tactics in all variety of ways.

We'll be exploring these changes over the next few weeks - we're excited to hear your thoughts and encourage you to participate in discussions on our various social channels.

Need to be careful about changing the meta of the game. Building is what makes the game different/unique.

Will be interesting to see what they propose but resource caps don't sound like a good idea.

Hmm..

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Need to be careful about changing the meta of the game. Building is what makes the game different/unique.

Will be interesting to see what they propose but resource caps don't sound like a good idea.

Hmm..

As I told my friends, I think building should be important for cover, but the last few circles shouldn't come down to giant goddam towers featuring whoever can mash the buttons the fastest.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Ninja actually arguing for the changes, and no ranking system too. "Look at LoL, you get people like "I'M GOLD SIX, WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH NEWB." He says he loves Fortnite because anyone can play with anyone. Said it's fine to do a single ranked playlist, or a ranked LTM a few times a month, but that's the extent of it.

Good to hear,

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just need to add some more weapons that do well against towers. The minigun is solid but takes too long to spin up in the final small circles. C4 is really nice.
Srink bombs and c4 are pretty great right now to coujter building. Either the lmg or minigun need some more bonus damage to structure. Before they do anything they need to nerf and fix shotguns. Thats one of the reasons the meta is so stale. Nerf their range, remove double pump, and make their damage more consistent. Then start making changes after a few weeks

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to address shotguns, just make it so you can only carry 1 of them.

As for the resources... it seems like they really want to even the scales between skilled and casual players.

I don't really like the idea of having a resource cap because it's already hard to get resources in this game, and they are absolutely essential to survival. I can't tell you how many times I get stuck in situations where I'm forced to use most or all of my resources in a fight, and then immediately I'm rushed by someone else who still has a ton of resources and can build over me all day so I'm helpless. I think having resources limited would make paasive play so much more commonplace.

And I haaaaate fighting people in this game with no resources becasue teh gunplay is the weakest aspect of Fortnite. There's very little skill in trading damage with hitscan guns with bloom. It's just mostly an RNG battle, and the winner comes out on very low health.

Then you have the limited inventory slots so you can't have a ton of healing items like in other battle royales. So you need to prevent damage as much as possible in this game, which is why spamming a 1x1 around you upon getting shot became commonplace. Building in this game became a way of prevent damage to yourself while also dealing damage from an advantageous position.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I had an amazing C4 clutch last night that completely turned the tide of the last circle for my squad and we managed to get the W. I'll clip it later but man it was so satisfying destroying an entire enemy base in seconds.

One thing I would like to see if an increase in C4 (or maybe guaranteed?) in the final circle crates so that players have a risk-reward incentive to get the crates as well as give players late to the circle an opportunity to counter squatters.

Oct 25, 2017
I suggested a resource cap months ago. I've also been a proponent for buffing other weapons rather than just straight up nerfing the shotgun or removing it.

They're slowly listening, or great minds think alike ;)

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we need a resource limit, but rather ways to counter people aggressively building toward you. And I think C4 is a great step in that direction. Maybe capping how FAST you can build to promote building strategy moreso than building speed?

I'm just a little skeptical, but I don't think limiting resources will do away with the build battle meta. People will just play more passively until aggressively rushing someone and forcing a build battle is more adventageous instead of just doing it to EVERYONE.

That said, I don't care THAT much because I'm already playing a lot less. So... I'll just wait and see what changes they make and how they play out :)

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
No resource cap, just better ways to take out towers, or ideas that keep from having a 60 story tower in the final 2-3 circles.

C4, Grenades, Sticky Grenades, Stink Grenades, LMG, Minigun, Rockets and Grenade Launcher....

So many options to deal with end game towers, it's predicated on inventory management.

I do agree with whoever mentioned fixing shotguns and double pumping. Something needs to happen with the RNG damage and the ability to switch so quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Well, at least they're willing to make changes that go against the grain I guess.

Most people don't want to take a step back and realize that building is massively overpowered in its current state. You can easily out build sustained weapon damage and it's far, FAR too easy to close the gap with building as the counters just aren't there.

Oct 25, 2017
Punish skilled players so that casuals can compete is the typical trajectory of most competitive games, yes.

I think when one strategy completely dwarfs every other, the game can become monotone. That is what is happening right now imo. If a game like this cannot change over time, no matter how many items they add, there is a big problem long term imo. I don't think they ever intend to "punish" players for using a strategy, but rather to make room for other strategies.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think the reason that the shotgun rush was being used so much was because you can basically just wall spam anything long range. ARs don't do nearly enough damage to warrant them being useless against someone who just keeps throwing up walls forever. I really like the concept of stink bombs because of this

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The solution needs to not be a nerf to building speed, but a nerf to how much HP a new built wall has in the beginning and how much it adds over time.

An entrenched, fully built position should be far less penetrable than an inprogress building. You shouldn't be able to spam walls faster than AR bullets can break them, on this I agree.

If they introduce a nerf to the rate at which you can lay new walls down, I'm done with the game.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What if there is a period of time where a new piece cannot be built on the same grid point that a piece was just destroyed on? Like you build a wall, someone shots it down and you cannot rebuild that wall for 1 second, after that one second you can rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.