• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is anyone having network issues on PS4. Twice already while playing 50s everything froze but the timer and I've been kicked out after a couple minutes.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny Epic is aware of the gyro problem on Switch, yet the description of the problem is almost completely wrong.

https://trello.com/c/MKelIQEb/246-x...s-on-the-switch-arent-functioning-as-intended

It's not the Y-axis but the X-axis that's inverted and it doesn't specify that only the Pro Controller has this problem. Hopefully they'll have it fixed by next patch tho, playing with sticks only again feels like poverty on the Switch.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I dont understand what is going on with the summer skirmish right now, I guess they started at noon with EU and they are going to do NA in 5 minutes or so?

Same thing tomorrow?

Oct 31, 2017
I dont understand what is going on with the summer skirmish right now, I guess they started at noon with EU and they are going to do NA in 5 minutes or so?

Same thing tomorrow?
Yeah same thing tomorrow, prize pool is also per game, instead of end of the day totals. They want to give more streamers a piece of the pie, since most of the players this week are just streamers and not pros.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want the Velocity LTM to be available (Soaring 50s but with solos/duos/squads). I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but I'm hoping they change up the map next week with the unlockable Week 7 skin. I haven't tried the new sniper yet.

HiLife what level and tier are you now?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want the Velocity LTM to be available (Soaring 50s but with solos/duos/squads). I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but I'm hoping they change up the map next week with the unlockable Week 7 skin. I haven't tried the new sniper yet.

HiLife what level and tier are you now?

I'm not sure about the level but last I checked my tier was 75. I've kinda stopped playing since the first couple weeks.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yeah same thing tomorrow, prize pool is also per game, instead of end of the day totals. They want to give more streamers a piece of the pie, since most of the players this week are just streamers and not pros.

Interested to see how Sypher and NickMercs do this week. They practiced a little this week together.

Anyway, NotVivid is obviously the one to watch but I dont know his partner?

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird to see how little I'm playing this game this season. Last season I was almost obsessed with playing and the thrill of winning, now I have played 8 rounds in the last 3,5 weeks. I have some time off next week, maybe I'll start it up to see if I get that feeling again.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird to see how little I'm playing this game this season. Last season I was almost obsessed with playing and the thrill of winning, now I have played 8 rounds in the last 3,5 weeks. I have some time off next week, maybe I'll start it up to see if I get that feeling again.

I feel you. I've been logging in to do the challenges and I goof off with friends sometimes, but something about the game just doesn't feel the same to me this season.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

I feel you. I've been logging in to do the challenges and I goof off with friends sometimes, but something about the game just doesn't feel the same to me this season.
Probably to do with Epic slowly killing it with their updates

Oct 25, 2017

Time for a new map.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think this season overall is just weird since after the initial draw it hasn't really done anything over the weeks. I really like rifts as a mechanic but expected more map wise from the idea.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm in the same boat, this game was like crack to me for a few months but I don't play all that much anymore. A few of my friends are still on it daily tho.

I was about to buy her and saw that, WTF.

Epic said there will be a fix so I went ahead and got it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat, this game was like crack to me for a few months but I don't play all that much anymore. A few of my friends are still on it daily tho.

Epic said there will be a fix so I went ahead and got it.
Figured they would so I went ahead and got it,
Even without I wanted that sword backpack for Shade really badly, fits her really well imo with the white on her jacket.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure about the level but last I checked my tier was 75. I've kinda stopped playing since the first couple weeks.
I feel it. I haven't played as much as the first couple weeks, too. I think I hit tier 83 after this week's challenges, I forget. I'm level 66 though. My goal is 78 before the season ends. I think I'll be able to do it if I keep playing semi-regularly. I just hope they change up the map next week.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
NXs3HeI.png

Woof, some people really dislike number keys

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

About the same here. I feel like I definitely hit a skill wall that would require serious dedication for me to get over and I don't think I'm willing to do that, plus the grind for full Omega last season was real. But in general while I don't think some of their updates help, I'm just getting increasingly tired of not playing for a week and then my first match winning Tilted or Retail, but then the next 20 games or however long I play I'll get zero kills and get curbstomped immediately. Player skill is very much a thing, but with the degree of RNG in the game I feel like I've hit a point where I'm just not willing to dedicate playing the game fulltime to get better. I can regularly get top 10 in solos (I don't play solos very much at all though, and only have one win) and playing with my group of friends in squads we usually get at least a win or two a night. So I'm not super bad, but just don't feel like I can get better without going into fulltime try hard mode, and with the RNG elements of the game (bloom etc) I don't know that I even want to do that.

If I had to name a single thing that I dislike the most, it's probably bloom. Dropping an entire AR clip into someone who is like 15 feet away with your reticule dead on them and 2 bullets hit while you get one shotted is extremely aggravating. Not sure that SBMM is an answer either though, especially with the RNG-ness of the game.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Upgraded my monitor from an ASUS 2560x1440 60hz monitor to a 144hz G Sync monitor and holy shit what a difference. Sweet gaming heaven all over my delicate eyeballs

Fortnite binge incoming

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ok, so did they just decrease the spawn of LMGs just now or what? I used to find them all the time but I can't finish this dumb challenge because none are spawning.

I think I saw someone say drum gun counts, right?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a ton this week - can you do the time trials on foot, or do you need a vehicle?

I did every one of mine on foot. It's a good idea to just murder a few trees first then build ramps as needed. You can just restart the timer if you fail, build more pathing, repeat.

With a few of them there were 2-3 of us all attempting it so we all helped build as needed.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Avoid the two by Snobby Shores and Tomato Town and they can all be done on foot with a small bit of ramp and platform building.
Snobby is one of the easiest of them all, so long as a car spawns. Don't avoid it.

Tomato's is utter shit. I don't even understand how that is supposed to be possible

Oct 25, 2017
The desert one is easy as hell too.

I got my first fluke win in duos. Me and my partner landed Haunted which was pretty far from the bus path. We went up to Junk and kept getting circle. We kept getting circle, so we decided to just hang out on the lama and let people come to us. It was down to 5 people including us, and we saw the last fight, so we decided to go down and try to take them out. Right as we were rolling up, the solo player killed the other team before falling out of the base about 10 feet from me. I shot a rocket at his face and won the game. No one even hit me or my partner lmao.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I suppose it's natural but I hadn't been playing a game this much since Halo 2/3 in my teens. But somehow during the first weeks of this season it just stopped appealing to me. Maybe its just time for a new game :)

You may end up coming back to it. It's kinda easy to burn out on the game I think, particularly with the various challenge systems which encourage people to play more than they genuinely want to and to play in ways that aren't enjoyable.

I felt pretty burnt out by the end of S2 and only started to play a lot again with S5.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, I suppose it's natural but I hadn't been playing a game this much since Halo 2/3 in my teens. But somehow during the first weeks of this season it just stopped appealing to me. Maybe its just time for a new game :)
Same for me, played it so much for pretty much 7 months straight, started to lose interest towards the end of last season and then a month ago completely lost interest. I tied it up to burn out, but I have zero desire to play it still.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont play nearly as much, but I still enjoy the game. The Soaring 50s is awesome.

The problems I have with the game now (aside from the same problems its always had) is there is no reason to grind anything this season, and so no push to keep playing. There's also no (decent) story or mystery to anything this season. The week 7 skin will be here in 5 days and...so what? They've given us zero reason to care.

Even winning sucks. They said they wanted to make it more rewarding and they simply did not do that. The slow mo thing is something...but it certainly isnt anything very good, and its not at all rewarding.

They're just not giving people a reason to play.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I dont play nearly as much, but I still enjoy the game. The Soaring 50s is awesome.

The problems I have with the game now (aside from the same problems its always had) is there is no reason to grind anything this season, and so no push to keep playing. There's also no (decent) story or mystery to anything this season. The week 7 skin will be here in 5 days and...so what? They've given us zero reason to care.

Even winning sucks. They said they wanted to make it more rewarding and they simply did not do that. The slow mo thing is something...but it certainly isnt anything very good, and its not at all rewarding.

They're just not giving people a reason to play.

This is maddening

No reason to play if there's nothing to grind for? What ever happened to playing games for fun? And if it's not fun, having something to "grind for" shouldn't be a good reason to play it

Back in my day we played Quake, UT, Tribes, Team Fortress, all with absolutely zero to grind for, and we fucking loved it.

V9gjxvLnSSdA4.gif

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I'm just super dissapointed in the map. Like in the 7 weeks this season has been going on what has changed. Off the top of my mind I can't think of anything. No new place added just nothing. It's so lame after how good last season was. I was expecting a western town with a Winchester rifle or 6 shooter. I was expecting a dinosaur jungle with a caveman skin and a club as a axe. Titled was going to turn into a cyberpunk city but instead we just have nothing.... and that's lame as fuck.

There better be a new map next season or I'm most likely done specially with the slew of new games coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.