• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just super dissapointed in the map. Like in the 7 weeks this season has been going on what has changed. Off the top of my mind I can't think of anything. No new place added just nothing. It's so lame after how good last season was. I was expecting a western town with a Winchester rifle or 6 shooter. I was expecting a dinosaur jungle with a caveman skin and a club as a axe. Titled was going to turn into a cyberpunk city but instead we just have nothing.... and that's lame as fuck.

There better be a new map next season or I'm most likely done specially with the slew of new games coming out soon.
Viking village
Lazy Links
The whole southeastern side of the map
Dusty forest
Rifts and ATKs making more landings viable

They've added/changed a lot this season.. they just did it all right at the start

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is maddening

No reason to play if there's nothing to grind for? What ever happened to playing games for fun? And if it's not fun, having something to "grind for" shouldn't be a good reason to play it

Back in my day we played Quake, UT, Tribes, Team Fortress, all with absolutely zero to grind for, and we fucking loved it.
Back in your day lol. I'm probably older, and therefore obviously much wiser than you. SON ;)

Anyway, right, the game is a lot of fun. It's why I still play. Thats why I started my post saying so. And then I went on to say there is nothing to grind for and no push to keep playing. You can play for fun to an extent but when there is nothing to grind for and no reward...you simply won't play as much as you would have if you had those things.

It's all easy fixes too. Add V-bucks for playing and especially for winning, and make unlockables like Omega lights from last season (and while you'd have to grind for them, it obviously shouldnt bet as grindy as the lights).

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
50v50 last night; see a downed teammate and another teammate dancing by them, I try to res them and the dancing one uses an impulse grenade, pushing us off the cliff, killing the downed person and damaging me

when I died I spectated the dancing person and I see them do this shit again

fun

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh getting back into this again and my aim is soooo off. Nervous as hell in the final two, got down to 1v2 in squads and fluffed it lol

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's all easy fixes too. Add V-bucks for playing and especially for winning, and make unlockables like Omega lights from last season (and while you'd have to grind for them, it obviously shouldnt bet as grindy as the lights).

Why the hell would they do this?
You can already earn V-Bucks in the battle pass.

You can grind $500, 000 xp for full Ragnarok if that's what you want.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the map changed so drastically when the season started that I don't really mind not getting any new areas. I really hope the dessert doesn't go away

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The thing that is missing so far this season is the small changes.

Last season you had areas evolving, trucks moving, things growing.

While we had a big change at the start it has felt static since. I'm assuming we will get the pyramid next week once the new skin unlocks but if we get anything else beyond that I don't know.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is maddening

No reason to play if there's nothing to grind for? What ever happened to playing games for fun? And if it's not fun, having something to "grind for" shouldn't be a good reason to play it

Back in my day we played Quake, UT, Tribes, Team Fortress, all with absolutely zero to grind for, and we fucking loved it.

V9gjxvLnSSdA4.gif

Damn.

You old.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the part where the soccer stadium was could use something there. And as much as I like Wailing Woods for harvesting, I think it's in need of an update of some kind.

The soccer stadium is the only thing that really rubs me the wrong way. I liked the houses there before, and then they got rid of them for the stadium, which I still liked, but now it's just a stone head, which I don't like.

Also, I hope they never change Wailing. No one lands there because they think it's sucks, which lets me get a stupid amount of loot on my route around there

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would they do this?
You can already earn V-Bucks in the battle pass.

You can grind $500, 000 xp for full Ragnarok if that's what you want.
To reward people (more) for playing.

This season the only thing you need to grind is the "grind" to tier 100 assuming you even really want Ragnarok, which isn't much of a grind at all imo. At that point it doesnt matter if you get the 500k XP this season or next year, since you'll eventually unlock him anyway. They went from a huge rush/grind with the lights to basically zero rush/grind at all.

And you'd get enough V-bucks to say unlock on average a character or whatever a couple times a month. Granted the people who already win half their games will get a lot more, but an average person playing would at least always have something to play for (aside from the fun itself). They could even give like 5 v-bucks or something really lowish for top 50, 25 for top 10, 50 for second and 100 for a win. It would be a push that a lot of people would need to keep playing/play a lot more imo.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
To reward people (more) for playing.

This season the only thing you need to grind is the "grind" to tier 100 assuming you even really want Ragnarok, which isn't much of a grind at all imo. At that point it doesnt matter if you get the 500k XP this season or next year, since you'll eventually unlock him anyway. They went from a huge rush/grind with the lights to basically zero rush/grind at all.

And you'd get enough V-bucks to say unlock on average a character or whatever a couple times a month. Granted the people who already win half their games will get a lot more, but an average person playing would at least always have something to play for (aside from the fun itself). They could even give like 5 v-bucks or something really lowish for top 50, 25 for top 10, 50 for second and 100 for a win. It would be a push that a lot of people would need to keep playing/play a lot more imo.

This will only really reward the top players, lead average players to just hide until top 25, and would lead to a noticeable drop in v buck purchases.

Oct 25, 2017
So kills after you die seem to be bugged right now. I noticed it when I was doing Tilted kills and the kill people daily. Twice someone killed me and then walked into my trap and died, and it the achievement bar adds a kill after these before I go back to the lobby. Then when I go back to the lobby it acts like I never got a kill

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
So kills after you die seem to be bugged right now. I noticed it when I was doing Tilted kills and the kill people daily. Twice someone killed me and then walked into my trap and died, and it the achievement bar adds a kill after these before I go back to the lobby. Then when I go back to the lobby it acts like I never got a kill
Kills after you die have never counted (I think), so the bug is in the challenge meter in game.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
It may also be a silly reason, but I kinda liked the story or the sense of mystery in last season about what was going to happen in week 7 and the weeks after. This season feels like there is not story at all, or maybe something happened and I missed something these last three weeks?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lupo is making this outright painful to watch. He won't stop talking and he isn't funny at all.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the lack of a dynamic map or story this season is probably what drove me towards Save the World. I also don't like that there isn't a strong connective tissue in the battle pass rewards this time around.

There was suit happening every week to chance the map last season. Next season has to have that happen.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Lupo is really overdoing it just like he did at the E3 charity tournament.

I want to see Daequan as a guest caster

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
SypherPK and Nicmercs were solid. They dropped into tilted every game too and we're fighting off multiple teams. With a bit more practice they could be one of the best duos.

NotVivid is probably the best solo player out there at the moment. Both clever and can fire bullets from 200+ meters like laser beams.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
SypherPK and Nicmercs were solid. They dropped into tilted every game too and we're fighting off multiple teams. With a bit more practice they could be one of the best duos.

NotVivid is probably the best solo player out there at the moment. Both clever and can fire bullets from 200+ meters like laser beams.

I watched some of Sypher and Nick practicing this week. They were better today than the practices sessions that I saw. Still really impressive how well Nick does vs. all these PC players

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine getting downed and feeling relief because you got back up. It's just one guy, surely he'll be killed and you'll get right back into the fight. EZ
L26ysUQ.gif

Followed by the horrifying realization that they can't kill one fucking person, (that person is me), because the battle is building:
oyBWTLA.gif

9DBoM1x.gif

And just when you think you're safe that person finishes you off.
gqZByOO.gif

>:D

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I think the lack of interesting content updates has also contributed to making this season feel dull. Two new smgs, a new shotty, a new sniper, and etc. Nothing unique.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I think the lack of interesting content updates has also contributed to making this season feel dull. Two new smgs, a new shotty, a new sniper, and etc. Nothing unique.

Golf Carts? A complete revamp of Moisty Mire? Rifts? I mean this season has had the biggest changes from the start of the season than any of them.

I personally just cant play that much right now (second kiddo was just born) but I am finding plenty of reasons to play right now.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
We got vehicles this season and the most substantial map changes since that time they launched a crater into the center of the map. "Nothing unique"

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, a lot of stuff changed from season four, but again, all of this happened six weeks ago.

It's been static. Those of us who mention this stuff are simply pointing that out.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly there will be a new Tomato Head Statue appearing in Haunted Hills tomorrow at 6PM EST.

This is supported by the new rift that showed up in Tomato Town. I wonder what else is happening? The chili pepper consumable item was also found in the files for the Velocity LTM coming out soon. It is believed to provide a speed boost based on the files.
durr-hot-sauce.jpg

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

There is nothing worse then putting yourself out there and people telling you that you were terrible. So I feel for the guy. However it felt like he was being overly sarcastic and at times didnt seem to care at all that he was talking over Zeke constantly.

It seemed like Zeke was trying to slow him down a little but he just kept going and going.

As a sportscaster or any sort of announcer you have to let the game come to you and he really didnt do that at all.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think Lupo would be okay with someone else, the issue is basically that Zeke was already basically "that guy". They basically had two color commentaries and nobody to reel either one in.

The biggest issue I have with the way Lupo casts is when he just drones on about himself specifically, or things related to what he does ingame on his stream, stuff like that. Nobody is listening to hear about you, they're there to watch players in the match. But he didn't let there be any dead air at all and just kept talking.

Huh, surprised Sushi Master is just a rare. Pretty unique and has a backbling.

Yeah, the backbling surprised me. Not too bad, though I'm drained from getting Whiteout.

From what I've seen that has to be one of the most successful skins they've put out. I'm seeing the backbling and the skin all over the place.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone on mobile feel like people have gotten way better this past month? I've been finding it a bit challenging. Also, please, Epic, for the love of everything that is holy, patch in controller support!

While I'm here, if anyone wants to add me and play on mobile, I'm ZRHblackpuppy

Status
Not open for further replies.