• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Releases Sushi Master on the same opening weekend as Crazy Rich Asians.

Hmmm..........................HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................
/s

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone on mobile feel like people have gotten way better this past month? I've been finding it a bit challenging. Also, please, Epic, for the love of everything that is holy, patch in controller support!
Not on mobile, but yeah in general I think the entire population is better than they used to be.

On PS4 I used to get a 5 or 6 kill game basically every day (so Ive never been too great...). Now I'm lucky to get a 4 kill game.

I think it makes sense though. It's just due to less and less new players and more and more experienced players.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
So my assumption is that the pyramid will have a ton of tunnels and a nice battlefield or two filled with treasure on the inside, along with the debris from the house shifted to surrounding parts of the map.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I told my daughter to download and play fortnight for the Switch, I wasn't home. She didn't create a account because I wasn't home so she clicked on the No Thanks tab. She put in the username she wanted and now that I want to create her the account so she can customiaze her character and just have a account I can't log her out to create and confirm this user name as her main account. How do I fix this? Did what I say make sense? Lol..

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
1.png
2.png

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck people who destroy others' ramps while going for Timed Trials. Just spent 2 mins building it all out for an asshole to destroy them.

And also kind of fuck Epic for making a challenge that encourages griefing.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
If he can leave his catchphrases at the door, I'm down

I'd be down with this as well. Having the constant stream of catchphrases is insufferable. People who say that's the appeal make me feel old even though I'm not. I'd like the educational commentary version of Sypher as a commentator. I'd prefer Courage and someone else but having people who can walk us through possible strategies, mindsets, and have map awareness makes for entertaining commentary on the tournaments for me.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My battlepass experiance been.

"I will do it just so I have enough vBucks to get the next one"

to

"I will do it just to complete the road trip challenge"

And now

"Sure. I can do the entire thing"

Oct 31, 2017
I'd be down with this as well. Having the constant stream of catchphrases is insufferable. People who say that's the appeal make me feel old even though I'm not. I'd like the educational commentary version of Sypher as a commentator. I'd prefer Courage and someone else but having people who can walk us through possible strategies, mindsets, and have map awareness makes for entertaining commentary on the tournaments for me.
Sypher would be great. I think we'll see him soon now that he's getting more exposure from partnering up with Mercs. Courage would be the ideal guy to take that spot but unfortunately he's too talented to cast. He can hang with all these pros, no matter the format. In an ideal scenario, it would be Courage and Raynday from Hi-Rez (Realm Royale). Not happening though, all they can do is keep experimenting. Zeke definitely improved so I'm not throwing in the towel on him yet.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Supposedly there will be a new Tomato Head Statue appearing in Haunted Hills tomorrow at 6PM EST.

This is supported by the new rift that showed up in Tomato Town. I wonder what else is happening? The chili pepper consumable item was also found in the files for the Velocity LTM coming out soon. It is believed to provide a speed boost based on the files.
durr-hot-sauce.jpg

There's a Tomato Head uh...head on top of Tomato Town's pizza building now. It leaves even less room for you to land up there lmao

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Soaring 50's needs to replace 50v50 as a permanent mode. I've been playing it all night and can confirm it is superior

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance Whiteout comes back to the shop before the season ends? I was away from home all weekend and couldn't grab it with my PS4 vbucks :(

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance Whiteout comes back to the shop before the season ends? I was away from home all weekend and couldn't grab it with my PS4 vbucks :(

Nearly every skin in the featured section return to the store at some point, even skins from a previous season. I got Raven just recently when it came back and I think that skin was from season 3, right?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My brother got me to start playing Fornite for the 1st time this weekend with a v buck bribe (sushi guy set and llama bell GET!). This is a pretty good game. Gotta get used to the guns but dam, guess millions of people can't be wrong.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Pulling together the theme for my kids party.
The lack of merch in the UK is brutal, had to order what I could online and make the rest.

Let me know if I'm missing any tricks

Cu47V6M.jpg

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Today, I just learned that you could recruit any hero you want for Save the World. It's pretty resource expensive though. I'd really like to have another Shuriken Master Sarah to slot into my support slot for my main SMS. That extra ability damage would make her insane. I switched her to primary after using The Cloaked Star all the way up through Plankerton, but her final abilities make her so much better with her stars being able to go through three waves of individuals and do DoT.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Today, I just learned that you could recruit any hero you want for Save the World. It's pretty resource expensive though. I'd really like to have another Shuriken Master Sarah to slot into my support slot for my main SMS. That extra ability damage would make her insane. I switched her to primary after using The Cloaked Star all the way up through Plankerton, but her final abilities make her so much better with her stars being able to go through three waves of individuals and do DoT.

Is this something that happens when you reach Canny? How do you do it?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Is this something that happens when you reach Canny? How do you do it?
You do it from the collection tab in the Armory. Scroll down to your heroes, select one, and then hit recruit hero. It'll show you a list of required resources. I think you can do the same thing with other item types in the collection book. It takes an insane number of mats though, if I'm remembering correctly. I think the legendary hero I was looking at took at least 120 training manuals, let alone whatever else.

I'm not near the game to check it out for sure though. I don't think it's exclusive to Canny though.

I swear, Save the World can be so damned obtuse at times. You have to figure damn near everything out for yourself. I only really figured out the transformation stuff last week.

This whole Steel Wool storyline has been pretty interesting in Canny though.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

I can understand why they'd want to limit how much you can pluck out of the collection book but 120 training manuals is a bit much for a legendary hero. I use most of mine evolving heroes and survivors. What power level are you? I'm at 50. Maybe it's meant to be used at a much higher power level than mine

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
You do it from the collection tab in the Armory. Scroll down to your heroes, select one, and then hit recruit hero. It'll show you a list of required resources. I think you can do the same thing with other item types in the collection book. It takes an insane number of mats though, if I'm remembering correctly. I think the legendary hero I was looking at took at least 120 training manuals, let alone whatever else.

I'm not near the game to check it out for sure though. I don't think it's exclusive to Canny though.

I swear, Save the World can be so damned obtuse at times. You have to figure damn near everything out for yourself. I only really figured out the transformation stuff last week.

LOL damn 120 training manuals? I just hit Plankerton - might as well be a million.

Yeah, STW is so damn dense with upgrade paths, crafting, etc. It's really hard to follow and figure everything out.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why they'd want to limit how much you can pluck out of the collection book but 120 training manuals is a bit much for a legendary hero. I use most of mine evolving heroes and survivors. What power level are you? I'm at 50. Maybe it's meant to be used at a much higher power level than mine
I'm only level 42. Unlocking Survivor slots takes forever, as does leveling up when you aren't focusing on Survivor XP missions.

Is there even a good way to earn training manuals without batch retiring heroes and survivors?

Right now, I have like 3 level 30 heroes. My main and my two slotted ones. Everything is just so expensive (grind-wise).

Canny missions are fun, but the SSD's are on a whole 'nother level, especially because nobody is joining my defenses in Canny. I've gotten through the first couple just by outbuilding the timer.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Hah, Ok, wow. I'm in Plankerton and I have like ... 9 training manuals right now. Also, I never would have found the recruit option on my own, thank you!

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only level 42. Unlocking Survivor slots takes forever, as does leveling up when you aren't focusing on Survivor XP missions.

Is there even a good way to earn training manuals without batch retiring heroes and survivors?

Right now, I have like 3 level 30 heroes. My main and my two slotted ones. Everything is just so expensive (grind-wise).

Canny missions are fun, but the SSD's are on a whole 'nother level, especially because nobody is joining my defenses in Canny. I've gotten through the first couple just by outbuilding the timer.

I've seen very few missions that award training manuals, so yeah retiring heroes and survivors is the best way to get them AFAIK. And even then they have to be at least epic tier heroes and survivors to get training manuals, otherwise you just get XP. Right now I've got about 30 training manuals and nothing else to retire for more. They want me to spend v bucks on llamas but fuck that those are for BR

Asking for help in the global chat room for an SSD mission has worked for me for the most part. Other players are willing to help because the game awards v bucks for doing x amount of SSD missions. But sometimes you get players who aren't leveled up enough or just want to sit there and beg you for resources, so at times it can be a pain to get help. I'm more than willing to help a fellow player knock out a SSD mission so add me if you want to, Epic ID is LiquidJM

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've seen very few missions that award training manuals, so yeah retiring heroes and survivors is the best way to get them AFAIK. And even then they have to be at least epic tier heroes and survivors to get training manuals, otherwise you just get XP. Right now I've got about 30 training manuals and nothing else to retire for more. They want me to spend v bucks on llamas but fuck that those are for BR

Asking for help in the global chat room for an SSD mission has worked for me for the most part. Other players are willing to help because the game awards v bucks for doing x amount of SSD missions. But sometimes you get players who aren't leveled up enough or just want to sit there and beg you for resources, so at times it can be a pain to get help. I'm more than willing to help a fellow player knock out a SSD mission so add me if you want to, Epic ID is LiquidJM

Great info.

If you don't mind, I'll send you an epic invite. My Epic name is 'scamclone'.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I used to always grant permission for people to build/edit structures in my SSD missions until I got to Plankerton. The very first thing someone started doing was editing all my walls to be open archways. I immediately cut that out and haven't enabled it since.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm still so many nodes away from unlocking my 4-star evos.

The skill trees are where the real grind starts to happen. All I want to do is unlock my extra hover turret and 4-Star ninjas, but I'm kind of just moseying about the rest of the tree just to unlock the required amount of nodes.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017

How do you even do SSD missions? I can't figure out how to play anything but the current mission (or switching to the event mission page).

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
How do you even do SSD missions? I can't figure out how to play anything but the current mission (or switching to the event mission page).
"Play with others" Mission type gets you into other SSD if you've completed an area already usually. Not guaranteed every time though.

I don't know for sure, but I think you can also do your own SSD just by going to it on the map screen, even if it's not part of your current mission. I go into mine on occasion just to dump materials into buildings, but I think you can also activate them at any time.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know for sure, but I think you can also do your own SSD just by going to it on the map screen, even if it's not part of your current mission. I go into mine on occasion just to dump materials into buildings, but I think you can also activate them at any time.

I'm not sure about activating them at any time, but after you hit whatever the story requirement is (I think SSD 5 or 6?) there's additional ones up to 10 you can complete to max out the Storm Shield. After that, I don't know if you can redo any of them but probably not. But yeah, you can pop in any time by selecting it on the map screen and using your materials to build stuff and then you just leave match at the end.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

Once you complete SSD level 3 from main quest progression you can do 4 through 10 when you want to. This goes for each region

I've got Plankerton 10 and Canny Valley 4 open for me right now. As far as assisting other players in SSD missions, you can either use global chat which I don't recommend for offering assistance or use the play with others option and hope you get into one.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I had a really close call today in 50v50: I was down to just 1(!) health and no shields and no bandages or first aid kits... just a grey pistol and some yellow gas bombs. I ran into a corner and healed a bunch of teammates and took some pop shots now and then. Felt great to be helpful when I was literally on my last leg.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone else notice players building high ramps in solo and jumping to their deaths?
I almost did it once after I went from a game of soaring 50s to Solo.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, another game where I froze when I picked up a gun and woke up dead

Status
Not open for further replies.