• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get one either, but I just started playing a week before season 5 ended.

I did manage to cram in like 400 solo matches in that week, though, so oh well.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I got one.. but ... he he.. I let my kids play that season.. (they did get tier 100 though)

mwK7iYn.png

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
dumb question but apparantly my xbox friends can see me playing fortnite on pc. i don't want that, how can i disable this?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Who's actually making the jump to Blackout on Friday?
I've decided to hold off on it but Black Friday but just curious on what everyone here is doing.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to hold off on it but Black Friday but just curious on what everyone here is doing.

I wouldn't call it "making the jump" in my case since I imagine I'll still play both...but I have Black Ops 4 pre-ordered along with a few friends. We absolutely loved the beta and I feel like it's a nice change of pace from Fortnite. Looking forward to seeing how both games evolve in the months to come!

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not me, I tried the both MP and Blackout beta's, they just didn't convince me.

Yeah pretty much exact same situation here, tried both the MP and BR betas with an open mind but just wasn't feeling the game. I was more hoping the MP mode would click with me, since I've had my fair share of the BR genre with Fortnite and am happy to keep playing that to get my BR fix to be honest.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Blackout seemed pretty interesting to me, but I really didn't like the actual CoD MP beta and having the rest behind a price tag is a no go for me. Not dropping $60 just for the only mode I'm interested in.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Here's a really weird question. Say I get the Double Helix bundle code for my little brother who plays Fortnite. Apparently it's only redeemable on Switch. But he plays Xbox. Is there no way to have it go to the Xbox account?

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Here's a really weird question. Say I get the Double Helix bundle code for my little brother who plays Fortnite. Apparently it's only redeemable on Switch. But he plays Xbox. Is there no way to have it go to the Xbox account?

Link his Switch to the same Epic ID tied to the Xbox, redeem the code on the Switch. The skin will appear on all platforms. The V bucks may be stuck on the Switch, but you can always just go to the switch and spend the V bucks on there when you see something in the item shop you want.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! Finally got my official 100th solo win! I technically hit it a few days ago because I got several wins during that short period of time when wins weren't being counted, but this was my 100th on the record solo.

Actually I'm good at getting to top 10 and even top 5, I can't ever take the last guy out. I think I end up wanting to go into shooter mode and hunt him down as opposed to building. Build battles get me for sure, and I'm a decent builder.
I just make sure I have a good CQC weapon at the end. SMGs are my preference. Also, I'm a good builder, but I don't bother playing the tower game. I'll hide beneath their floor ramp mess and make them come to me. Build a nice little maze for them to track through. Most people panic at the final circle and build high, but with very little support. You can drop them easily and just rain bullets on them as they fall.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does my guided immediately shoot at a 90 degree angle even when I'm aiming at the goddamn clouds? It's resulted in me destroying my own base multiple times and damn near killing myself.

Another season 5 fuck up. It's always something, huh Epic.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'll hide beneath their floor ramp mess and make them come to me. Build a nice little maze for them to track through. Most people panic at the final circle and build high, but with very little support.
Ya, that's exactly what I did to win my game yesterday. I knew I had more HP, so I just stayed on the ground and waited for him to make a mistake. This guy's name was actually DARWIN, I'm not even joking.

ibEjOJT.gif

e3msh4I.png

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think Skull Trooper is pretty ugly but I'm glad they're bringing this stuff back as there's no reason to pointlessly lock away skins not in a battlepass. The gingerbread christmas skins were pretty good.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017

I picked up Black Ops when I upgraded to PS4 Pro. I really enjoyed the Blackout beta and Will probably play a fair bit of the mp as well. It won't stop me from playing Fortnite though, they feel like completely different games and I think will compliment each other in my catalog.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I think Skull Trooper is pretty ugly but I'm glad they're bringing this stuff back as there's no reason to pointlessly lock away skins not in a battlepass. The gingerbread christmas skins were pretty good.
I thought that and Ghoul Trooper looked pretty jank the first go around and will skip them again, but it's been wild seeing the clout they've garnered over their "rarity".

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Me for sure. I doubt I'll abandon Fortnite completely, the crossplay alone makes it a frequent play with my buddies, but Blackout will most certainly be my go-to BR for quite some time.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally, the "hype" surrounding that skin ruined it for me, I stopped using my Skull Trooper after the countless messages about the fact I was running with it and therefore "thought I was good" (What lol?) or spamming offers to buy my account, that stuff got old real fast.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, the "hype" surrounding that skin ruined it for me, I stopped using my Skull Trooper after the countless messages about the fact I was running with it and therefore "thought I was good" (What lol?) or spamming offers to buy my account, that stuff got old real fast.

The "hype" behind any skin is ridiculous. I'm glad they rereleased Skull Trooper just to piss off all of the "OGs".

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that the disco capture the flag one?
Yes. I cant find a point in it at all aside from using that mode to do challenges and maybe some target practice. Worst mode I've played lol.

It really is good for challenges though because 1) You respawn and 2) You dont lose anything you had when you die and respawn. Plus when you die it starts you back in the air so you can just use death to move closer to where you want to be. So you can just loot up wherever to (hopefully) get what you need, then either soar or kill yourself to move in toward the zones and get done whatever you need for challenges.

I played a few matches and still didnt find either a bolt or heavy sniper though. Got the new rocket launcher which messes up buildings I think pretty good, but since you can only carry 16 rocket ammo anyway I dont think its too OP. Only used it one time though so who knows.

Last edited:

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The "hype" behind any skin is ridiculous. I'm glad they rereleased Skull Trooper just to piss off all of the "OGs".

So was I, until I just saw that they have a "unique" purple variant of it for people who owned the original.

Not sure why, none of the other holiday skins that were re-released got this, but yeah now people have just latched onto this so it basically hasn't changed much.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes. I cant find a point in it at all aside from using that mode to do challenges and maybe some target practice. Worst mode I've played lol.

It really is good for challenges though because 1) You respawn and 2) You dont lose anything you had when you die and respawn. Plus when you die it starts you back in the air so you can just use death to move closer to where you want to be. So you can just loot up wherever to (hopefully) get what you need, then either soar or kill yourself to move in toward the zones and get done whatever you need for challenges.

I played a few matches and still didnt find either a bolt or heavy sniper though. Got the new rocket launcher which messes up buildings I think pretty good, but since you can only carry 16 rocket ammo anyway I dont think its too OP. Only used it one time though so who knows.
Sounds interesting at least, will give it a go as always and see how it feels.

The mode i want them to bring back is flying explosives. Nothing better then jetpacking around and blowing up fools.

Either that or score royal solo, my win rate was about 80% on that mode.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds interesting at least, will give it a go as always and see how it feels.

The mode i want them to bring back is flying explosives. Nothing better then jetpacking around and blowing up fools.

Either that or score royal solo, my win rate was about 80% on that mode.
Yeah I liked close encounters (shotguns only) and the flying explosives was stupid but definitely fun. This disco mode is just kind of stupid without the fun. Maybe if they did teams of 10 or 20 or something it would feel like youre accomplishing something at least or make you actually want to try to win the mode.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I liked close encounters (shotguns only) and the flying explosives was stupid but definitely fun. This disco mode is just kind of stupid without the fun. Maybe if they did teams of 10 or 20 or something it would feel like youre accomplishing something at least or make you actually want to try to win the mode.
Wasn't particularly found of the close encounters one myself. Always felt that to get close enough to get someone else i had to put myself in a lot of danger which made me hesitant and ended up allowing them to do more damage.

That's what i liked about flying explosives, not everyone is good at flying and i could judge my safe zones much better so felt a lot more confident to just go all in and attack people.

On a separate note, as fun as it can be from videos, i hate the ice traps. Mainly because i decided to throw one up when someone rifted onto my mountain and nearly dropped myself but luckily saved myself with platforms. Then i tried again to use one in a different match and ended up sliding out into the storm trying to avoid getting shot and couldn't get enough traction to avoid getting shot and killed.

I also miss bounce pads :(

I never used them much at first but got much more confident with them and they became very useful not only in running away but attacking people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.