• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
So was I, until I just saw that they have a "unique" purple variant of it for people who owned the original.

Not sure why, none of the other holiday skins that were re-released got this, but yeah now people have just latched onto this so it basically hasn't changed much.

That's hilarious. I think the purple looks kind of ugly anyway. I wonder if you can get the purple glow on the accompanying glider and pickaxe?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Speaking of skins, how often do older skins reappear for sale? I would like to get some of the older skins but don't know if it's worth trying to wait for them to return.

And the ice trap is more annoying than fun in my book. Giving players an option to stop the effect early would help.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So was I, until I just saw that they have a "unique" purple variant of it for people who owned the original.
Not sure why, none of the other holiday skins that were re-released got this, but yeah now people have just latched onto this so it basically hasn't changed much.
I don't think the goal of the Skull Trooper re-release was to piss off anyone, it's purely because it's a skin people wanted. Now the newer players can't complain that they don't get a chance to obtain Skull Trooper and the early supporters can't complain about losing anything as an "OG" because they get a neat style. It's a pretty smart move.
That's hilarious. I think the purple looks kind of ugly anyway. I wonder if you can get the purple glow on the accompanying glider and pickaxe?
I think it looks good paired with some of the Nevermore stuff. Also, it glows more white/purple at night and a deep blue-ish purple during the day so that's pretty neat too. Best part might be the eye glow particle effect though.
Couple shots of my loadout with it:
mTnADUx.png

QJccRPK.jpg

0sE6162.jpg
It's pretty good for a "founder's reward" of sorts for BR, since there will definitely not be anything else like this for early players.

Last edited:

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the goal of the Skull Trooper re-release was to piss off anyone, it's purely because it's a skin people wanted. Now the newer players can't complain that they don't get a chance to obtain Skull Trooper and the early supporters can't complain about losing anything as an "OG" because they get a neat style. It's a pretty smart move.

I think it looks good paired with some of the Nevermore stuff. Also, it glows more white/purple at night and a deep blue-ish purple during the day so that's pretty neat too. Best part might be the eye glow particle effect though.
Couple shots of my loadout with it:

It's pretty good for a "founder's reward" of sorts for BR, since there will definitely not be anything else like this for early players.

Do you own the pickaxe and glider? If so, can you apply the same purple effect to those, or is it just for the skin? Just curious.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you own the pickaxe and glider? If so, can you apply the same purple effect to those, or is it just for the skin? Just curious.
I didn't get the pickaxe/glider sadly(even though they're both awesome looking). I have enough V-bucks for either of them right now but I'm holding out until the plague doctor skins are released to use them.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get the pickaxe/glider sadly(even though they're both awesome looking). I have enough V-bucks for either of them right now but I'm holding out until the plague doctor skins are released to use them.

Oh, gotcha. I bought Skull Trooper just to have it but I'm really looking forward to those pumpkin and plague doctor skins, too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What always gets me to buy the dance emotes is usually the music that comes with it. The best part about them is being able to basically add a soundtrack during portions of the gameplay(for example dancing on the back of an ATV to add a tune to the journey). I can say these dance emotes won't appeal to me but if they have a bumping song accompanying them its a whole different story come in-game shop time.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
The only skin that will get me off of Leviathan is a Bee or a Cowboy skin. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my nautical theme (kind of wish I got the anchor pick instead of Chomp Jr... oh well).
Speaking of which, why's there no good aquatic themed gliders? Until there is one, I guess I will use the snowflake parasol. I also want a fitting backbling, been using Dark Voyager's back since I got it.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The only skin that will get me off of Leviathan is a Bee or a Cowboy skin. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my nautical theme (kind of wish I got the anchor pick instead of Chomp Jr... oh well).
Speaking of which, why's there no good aquatic themed gliders? Until there is one, I guess I will use the snowflake parasol. I also want a fitting backbling, been using Dark Voyager's back since I got it.
Laser Chomp is pretty damn cool.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The Viking Boat/Rescue boat from last season were pretty cool. I don't quite like the giant gliders though, i feel like that makes you easy to see.

Oh hey, I think at NYCC (maybe???) they showed off some of the new Fortnite toys from MacFarlane. I believe this is the first one we've seen in packaging.

Looks like they're pretty articulated which is awesome. I believe one of those Halloween Stores already has some of the other Fortnite merch like the Funkos and costume stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Those challenges are horrible. Although I can't really blame them for trying to make them longer to complete to keep people playing with COD about to come out.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Bought skull trooper the minute I popped open the game. I love how it looks but I know everybody has their own opinion and such. Only debate was which one to get, but I can't go wrong with Jonesy.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
It is so weird that the male skull trooper has extra challenges for his back bling but the female version just gets nothing. My wife bought the female version and now she is super pissed off.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I've ran into a strange problem this evening, whenever I enter matchmaking, the game will crash into a black screen on my monitor yet the sound still plays and I have to restart my pc. I've tried reinstalling the game but the problem still persists and it's rather frustrating!

It didn't happen at all yesterday.

EDIT: I've tried playing other games like PUBG and it doesn't happen at all, so I'm thinking it might be a bug in the latest Fortnite update?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.