• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
We should get a group or something together of people in this thread and start running squads or whatever. We have no excuse with crossplay opened up

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know why everyone feels the need for going to the center platform in dance mode, but why does everyone feel the need to go to the center platform in dance mode?

You win because ONE single person on your team went off to take one of the side ones. Not because you died 30 times in the middle.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I know why everyone feels the need for going to the center platform in dance mode, but why does everyone feel the need to go to the center platform in dance mode?

You win because ONE single person on your team went off to take one of the side ones. Not because you died 30 times in the middle.

It's kind of insane. A lot of matches feel like an intense 1v1 with multiple rounds as you are usually battling just one other dude on the side dance floors for the fate of the game. I don't understand why so few people seem to understand how to play. It's also weird seeing most matches only contain between 40-60 players.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Played my first match and this is exactly what happened.

I can easily say that it was basically because of me and maybe two other people taking control of the platforms at the side and bottom that just barely won the match for my team.

95% of my team just stayed fighting in divot while not getting control. Utter stupidity.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Man when Epic will fix the shit that is homebase defense matchmaking

You're better off asking for help in the global chat. And even then you'll get some players who want to "trade" with you, or players who are under-leveled. I'm at power level 57 and haven't messed with a storm shield defense mission in over a month because it's such a pain in the ass to get help.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

Ya, the little missions you have to go on to take one of the edge points is much more fun than constantly dropping into the center and dying instantly.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Obliterator and 3 Snipers from the shop last week purely for the SSDs. I really wish I had kept my defenders instead of trading them all for training manuals.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
6 fucking solo games in a row I've gotten owned. 0 kills. God damn this game is discouraging sometimes.
You just described me this morning. Stupid beginner mistakes all over the place , compounded by me trying to finish the "Snobby Shores to Salty" challenge.

I do it to look for easy kills and get the challenges done. Not sure how I feel about the mode overall, I still prefer solo over everything else.

And I need to look up my Epic ID to get added.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Has anyone gotten the ghost portal back bling by playing 20 matches? I have played over 50 but I still don't have it. I am wondering if I have to be eliminated by another player for the matches to count.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I bought the Obliterator and 3 Snipers from the shop last week purely for the SSDs. I really wish I had kept my defenders instead of trading them all for training manuals.

The only time I ever used a defender was in horde mode, and I would just get a brawler and hand him my starting sword.

Are the snipers good? It seems like they would just end up drawing lobber fire where you wouldn't want it.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: If I play with someone that's on my Epic Friends list but on my PSN friends list, do I still get the Friend XP boost?

edit: Got it

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone gotten the ghost portal back bling by playing 20 matches? I have played over 50 but I still don't have it. I am wondering if I have to be eliminated by another player for the matches to count.
I think you dont get it until sometime this week. After the 6.1 update. So maybe Tuesday or whenever they do it.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was playing duos and we landed in Tilted. We had the place to ourselves, and we were in the center of the circle.

After arming up we both found a few traps so my partner suggested that we just set them up in random places to catch unwary visitors.

Sure enough ... with about twenty players left I got a trap elimination notification, and got that week 3 challenge. Got five kills that match but couldn't get the win.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the Sprinkler emote.

The island is headed to the 6th out of the 7 spots. Hopefully something cool happens in a couple days. I'm hoping for zombies still. Would be cool if you could smash through a hoard with that new ATK.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
So, is it possible to transfer your pve and pvp progress to Xbox from PC and PS4? Sony allowed cross play, right?

if yes there is a guide on how yo safely transfer progress from ps4 to xbox?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So, is it possible to transfer your pve and pvp progress to Xbox from PC and PS4? Sony allowed cross play, right?

if yes there is a guide on how yo safely transfer progress from ps4 to xbox?

It is, you just link the epic account to the tag ingame.

It actually worked way more painlessly than I ever expected. The PvE just carried over and worked, popping all the achievements at once without rebuying it or anything.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be limited activity in the thread compared to the usual weekends. Is everyone on Blackout?

I'm definitely in "maintenance mode" on Fortnite because of Blackout, at least for the time being.

Blackout has definitely made me appreciate Fortnite's sound design. Good luck gauging where anyone is based on sound if you're coming over.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, likewise I'm definitely stuck on Blackout for a bit. For everything Fortnite gets right, its gungame is still pisspoor compared to PUBG and Blackout, and the latter just feels great most of the times. In Fortnite when I'm aiming at a guy who is a bit away with anything but a sniper it feels like a lottery, in Blackout it feels like I have a chance with most of the weapons and lot depends on my aim.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
There seems to be limited activity in the thread compared to the usual weekends. Is everyone on Blackout?
I don't post much on the weekends but I have defintely been on Blackout more this weekend and enjoying it a lot more than the beta. Once Treyarch adds some QoL features and fixes the looting system then I think i'll start doing 50/50 with that and Fortnite.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on blackout personally. I really couldn't gel with the looting player bodies and stuff like that which I figure will improve a lot through patches, and don't want to buy in at full price when I only care about that mode.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to do this stupid time trial at tomato makes me want to go to blackout permanently.

Yeah, likewise I'm definitely stuck on Blackout for a bit. For everything Fortnite gets right, its gungame is still pisspoor compared to PUBG and Blackout, and the latter just feels great most of the times. In Fortnite when I'm aiming at a guy who is a bit away with anything but a sniper it feels like a lottery, in Blackout it feels like I have a chance with most of the weapons and lot depends on my aim.

This sounds like heaven. Im about to drop the 60 bucks just for accurate guns. So tired of the bloom. Aiming isnt rewarded in this game any more. Its build ramps, jump, one shot with shotgun. Rinse, repeat.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I can't snipe worth shit; I'm only halfway decent with the scopes AR, and that's probably because it uses hitscan. Otherwise I've never been able to hit anyone with a sniper rifle. Should I resign myself to close-up battles? Or is there some sort of training available?

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I can't snipe worth shit; I'm only halfway decent with the scopes AR, and that's probably because it uses hitscan. Otherwise I've never been able to hit anyone with a sniper rifle. Should I resign myself to close-up battles? Or is there some sort of training available?

I watched a video on Youtube, because, like you, I was really bad at sniping. It was actually useful and here's the trick:

The snipers curve like a real bullet would in real life. You'll notice in the scopes that there are notches going from the center to the bottom.

The further your enemy is, the more you have to raise your gun. So you don't necessarily aim with the center but with one of the notches.

You also just have to keep shooting and making mistakes in order to get better. It really is trial and error unfortunately. But I play a lot of 50/50 and you can find a lot of dumb people just standing around. Makes good target practice:P

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I watched a video on Youtube, because, like you, I was really bad at sniping. It was actually useful and here's the trick:

The snipers curve like a real bullet would in real life. You'll notice in the scopes that there are notches going from the center to the bottom.

The further your enemy is, the more you have to raise your gun. So you don't necessarily aim with the center but with one of the notches.

You also just have to keep shooting and making mistakes in order to get better. It really is trial and error unfortunately. But I play a lot of 50/50 and you can find a lot of dumb people just standing around. Makes good target practice:P
My problem is that I can't judge distances at all, so I don't know how much to over aim to compensate for the bullet drop. And don't get me started on leading a moving target...

Agree with using 50 v 50 for practice, though -- my only hit with a sniper rifle cane in a 50 v 50 game where a guy was just standing in the open next to a tree.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Practise.

I used to hate snipers and would avoid them all the time but I realised I was limiting myself so started using them.

I'm not the best but now I can pull off some amazing shots at times. Also having a sniper duel with someone and sneaking in a head shot feels amazing. I especially love the heavy sniper, its slow but damn do I love that boom and reloading sound.

Heavy snipers are also good for taking out structures. I saw a guy go into the lorry at paradise so shot him in the back, he started bulling walls so I just took a snipe and instantly switched to AR and killed him instantly.oh

Another example I remember fondly, saw a guy on a structure so started popping off shots with a semi auto sniper. he was dodging back and forth so I was just putting pressure on him by alternating between the left and right side of his wall. My last bullet in the mag I took a shot while he was hiding, turned to run away and the kill notification came up with a headshot. Was very pleased with myself.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
My problem is that I can't judge distances at all, so I don't know how much to over aim to compensate for the bullet drop. And don't get me started on leading a moving target...

Agree with using 50 v 50 for practice, though -- my only hit with a sniper rifle cane in a 50 v 50 game where a guy was just standing in the open next to a tree.

Go into playground mode and practice with the scarecrows standing in some of the towers around the map. You can use those to judge your distance and once you have that set, go into 50-50 and practice with moving targets.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing to see how few people slow down their firing to use first shot accuracy when trying to take down someone far away with an AR. I can usually hit every other shot from pretty far. If you just hold down the shoot button, you're not hitting anything ever.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Disco Domination would be a fun mode if players weren't so unbelievably stupid.

People will literally ignore uncaptured disco arenas near to them so they can run to the one in the middle. It's so frustrating.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Domination would be a fun mode if players weren't so unbelievably stupid.

People will literally ignore uncaptured disco arenas near to them so they can run to the one in the middle. It's so frustrating.
I don't think they're stupid. I think they just want to play TDM in Fortnite and this is the closest you can get to it.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
I think Disco Domination would be improved if only the outer dance floors are available for the first two rounds and then only the central dance floor is available for the final round.

Status
Not open for further replies.