• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Practise.

I used to hate snipers and would avoid them all the time but I realised I was limiting myself so started using them.

I'm not the best but now I can pull off some amazing shots at times. Also having a sniper duel with someone and sneaking in a head shot feels amazing. I especially love the heavy sniper, its slow but damn do I love that boom and reloading sound.
It's been the same for me, used to hate snipers, as I just always seemed to miss by an inch or less. Then sometime last month it just clicked and now I hit most of my shots. I'm still better with the hunting rifle, hit so many YouTube worthy shots with that gun. Not even worried anymore if it's the first gun I find.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for the last 10 days and won't be able to do so for the next week. After that I need to decide if I buy Black Ops, most of the people I play with have or are planning to do so. My hope is that they like the upcoming tournement system and stick with Fortnite :)

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes

Weapons + Items
  • The Port-a-Fortress has been disabled as we work to resolve some issues related to this item.
    • Drop rate for Port-a-Fort increased from 3.05% to 4.89% while Port-a-Fortress is disabled.
      • The goal is to keep the drop rate of Port-a-Fort the same as if both items were enabled to help with the completion of Challenges.
Bug Fixes
  • Guided Missile no longer fires the wrong direction
  • Players will no longer permanently attach to a Supply Drop when grappling to it.
  • Attempting to fire while reloading the Double Barrel Shotgun will no longer interrupt the animation.
  • Weapon equip animations no longer skip when simultaneously attempting to sprint and target.
Gameplay
  • Quadcrasher
    • Seats two players.
    • You build boost just by driving. Unleash that speed with the hotkey once you've filled your boost meter.
    • Smash through buildings while boosting.
    • Boost off ramps or cliffs to catch sick air.
    • Launch players into the air by smashing into them.
  • You can now view and change Edit Controls separately from Combat and Build Controls in the controller menu.
  • PS4 controller lighting will match player marker color.
  • You can now set building mode sensitivity for controllers in the options menu. It is a multiplier on the default controller sensitivity and allows up to a 2x increase.
  • Controller sensitivity slider in the options menu now allows for more than 10 values.
  • Added an option to Builder Pro that allows for building as soon as you switch to the piece, instead of selecting first and then placing. This allows for faster building without a preview.
  • Added an option that allows for edit hold timing to be adjusted.
  • Opening the Emote Picker with a controller will happen when the button is released, while holding the button will replay the emote that was last played.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed inconsistencies with the damage trap not triggering properly.
  • Allow slight movement when using a consumable with Sprint by Default enabled. This will help match how it works without Sprint by Default enabled
  • Fixed problem with character orientation getting stuck after falling off the island in a vehicle.

More at the link...
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v6-10?sessionInvalidated=true

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Interested to try out those changes to building sensitivity and placement, at first glance sounds like building is about to go up yet another notch on console, those build fights are about to get even more intense.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are some great patch notes for me as a PS4 player (tap to place, sensitivity options, and PS4 will be 1440p now up from 1080p). Hell yes.

They'll probably be fixing newly introduced bugs in the next update, but I hope they can work on customizing load outs and auto settings for them.

That and I still can't tell where the hell anyone is by sound alone.

Oh and performance is still trash in 50s.

Oh yeah and they record a million different stats but don't show them to us.

And and and...

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That quad crasher will be both awesome and terrible. I already know some jack ass is going to make it their mission in life to ram as many teammates as possible.

I might be that jackass.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
I dont usually play Fortnite on PS4 since I have a PC but

• Added an option to Builder Pro that allows for building as soon as you switch to the piece, instead of selecting first and then placing. This allows for faster building without a preview.
thank GOD. that was one of the most annoying things

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
just tried it on my old LG G5 phone.. used to run like shit.. but to my surprise it is actually playable now-..

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Update really looks great, only a couple of improvements left for controllers I'd like to see. Mainly a separate Edit mode sensitivity, customizable deadzones and overall reliability of building; playing with a controller on PC feels a lot more consistent compared to PS4.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The instant build is a game changer for me. It's amazing. Before I would fumble around and get outbuilt/owned basically 90% or so of the time. Now it actually does what I want/expect. Awesome. I bet I only get owned 80% of the time now. Suckas.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the leaked skins. spoiler: https://i.redd.it/tby8rso5his11.jpg

I'll have to try it. Sometimes I kind of like having the outline there first.
Yeah just try it. I dont think theres any going back once you do though. And after you place that first piece, the outline is still there. It goes away of course though if you build a different piece and will then show that piece's outline after you tap to build. So it's still there, just not at first. It's good because I've already managed to accidentally rotate my ramp lol.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I messed around with it for 20mins in Playground mode, I can actually do a double wall/ramp/floor combo consistently and at a pretty decent pace now with the instant build option, relying on the turbo build before caused the occasional screw-up for me in regards to getting a rhythm going.

Pretty happy with this option anyway as I pretty much never edited pieces before putting them down, all of my edit plays are after building cover around me first so this along with binding instant edit just shaved off a bunch of time for me.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, the skins this season (including the battle pass ones) have been great imo. It's hard to pass on some of em.
Yeah they just keep getting better. I know for sure Im buying Spider Knight (the dude) and Arachne (the girl) is awesome too. One of them is getting a back bling thats great too. It looks like a spider, and I'm not sure but I think the legs might stick out on each side like wings.

There's also a leaked pick axe that could mean theres a male Night Coven character coming (Which is the vampire looking chick in the Battle Pass).

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I'll have to try it. Sometimes I kind of like having the outline there first.
Yeah, not sure how I feel about this, I'm torn between the extra speed and my propensity for error. Should also try the insta-build too.

man, the skins this season (including the battle pass ones) have been great imo. It's hard to pass on some of em.
Yup. I've been cheap on the game, but now I see that's how Epic makes money off this game.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the leaked skins. spoiler: https://i.redd.it/tby8rso5his11.jpg

Yeah just try it. I dont think theres any going back once you do though. And after you place that first piece, the outline is still there. It goes away of course though if you build a different piece and will then show that piece's outline after you tap to build. So it's still there, just not at first. It's good because I've already managed to accidentally rotate my ramp lol.

Fuck, the top row is incredible. I'm incredibly tempted by the female version in particular. Problem is I'm nowhere near the amount of V-bucks it'll probably cost, so I'd need to buy some and then "earn it back" in time, and Blackout is making me play Fortnite a lot less. Decisions, decisions.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, the top row is incredible. I'm incredibly tempted by the female version in particular. Problem is I'm nowhere near the amount of V-bucks it'll probably cost, so I'd need to buy some and then "earn it back" in time, and Blackout is making me play Fortnite a lot less. Decisions, decisions.
Yeah I didnt start playing a lot until season 3 and missed the dark knight who was by far my favorite character, so I was bummed about it...but I think Spider Knight may be even better.

And yeah I really want both. Thats $40 there, plus if theres a male Coven character thats probably going to be an insta buy as well.

This games fucking expensive for being F2P.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didnt start playing a lot until season 3 and missed the dark knight who was by far my favorite character, so I was bummed about it...but I think Spider Knight may be even better.

And yeah I really want both. Thats $40 there, plus if theres a male Coven character thats probably going to be an insta buy as well.

I spent less than the price of a triple-A game at launch and I have many dozens of hours on it already (between StW and BR) so I can't complain, 10 bucks or so every now and then is really not going to kill me, and I don't mind leaving money for games I play continously. I only buy stuff that I will legitimately use, in fact I only bought one skin so far (and a pickaxe, a glider, etc.), because I don't change my style often. That one skin is definitely tempting, it could become one that I use regularly, so it could be worth the investment in that sense. Of course to think that unless you "produce" V-bucks by playing it's 15-20 Euros for a skin... fucking yikes.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they would do something so that replays aren't all instantly useless after an update. I wanted to watch one from just yesterday, but nope, game updated, all gone now.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Some nice stuff in the patch notes.

Reducing the time you need to hold edit on a controller is certainly welcome. I also like the "controller color reflects player color" on PS4. That's cute.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try out instant builder pro for sure.

Also 2 days away from an 800 buck login bonus again so I'll have 2000 for whatever catches my eye.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
These new events seem cool! Any idea what the "pins" are?

I wonder if events are where we start seeing free skins in the future for getting points? Or atleast I hope so!

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Those top two skins are great, might actually buy one. I have been saving and have 3600 v-bucks so I can buy one of them and still get the next season pass.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I was CPU-limited on this game, but I cranked every setting up to Epic and I still get almost the exact same framerate range, so it was even more CPU-limited than I thought. My i7-2600K is finally starting to feel its age.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
What do you get from getting 20 points in an event?
Do you have to get them in one session, aka 3 hours, or do they add up?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017

I'm in the same boat, jumped in halfway through Season 3.
The Black Knight is cool but I know if I had it I probably wouldn't even use it, but the Spider Knight is right up my alley. I hope we get it soon.

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
I love that you now have an individual sensitivity for building, that way you can have a low sensitivity for aiming, a medium one for moving and a high one for building, it makes building on console a whole lot easier, along that there's also a no preview bulding setting so you can build a piece right away.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
I just started playing, can anyone direct me to a good "building for beginners" guide? Not the mechanics themselves, but good beginner tactics for encounters. I really like the game, but I can't keep up with these kids...

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I just started playing, can anyone direct me to a good "building for beginners" guide? Not the mechanics themselves, but good beginner tactics for encounters.
If you're not using the "Pro Builder" control scheme, do that. The "Pro Shooter" setup sucks for building.

And the best building tip for beginners is to just build, period. Something as simple as throwing up a wall when you're under fire or surrounding yourself with a four-wall shelter while healing can be the difference between life and death. I got my second Victory Royale just by hiding out to the end game, building a four-wall hideout in the eye of the storm, then jumping out to shoot the last player when he came by. Getting over the mental obstacle of only using firepower to win was the biggest revelation for me.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
So how do these tournaments work? Can I grind the points out over a few days or do I have to get them all in one go?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the tournament for a couple hours and through like 12 matches got 6 points lol. I bet if I tried and didnt take a break I could get 15 maybe? But I don't think there's any way I could get 20. They should lower the pin to 15.

Edit: I'm ass at the game in general though. Like a .9 kdr lately.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Played 5 matches and got 7 points...

Do you have to earn 20 during the 2 hours the event is live or do points carry over to the next day?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Played 5 matches and got 7 points...

Do you have to earn 20 during the 2 hours the event is live or do points carry over to the next day?

I hope they carry over... I got 9/20 and I don't want to have to grind super hard for a few hours to get some pin.
A couple of people on Twitter that got it have said that so far it doesn't do anything...

Maybe you get... whatever it does at the end? Or maybe it's just messed up right now.

Another edit: Someone on Reddit said that the pins are for entering the next tier for the tournament? I don't know what to believe lol.

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it says 20 points per session, which I assume means per 3 hours that they do.

I just don't think this is going to be worth it for your average player. I don't think there's any way someone like me could get close to 20 in that time. Maybe it's a tournament though and so just not for an average player.

Status
Not open for further replies.