• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YBmdnVW.jpg

Livin dyin repeatin in this colorful world of death.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crane in Junk Junction has no collision. Be careful.

Edit: Real late to the party on this. I just found it exploring and hadn't looked around online at all today.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Hopefully they made it so the "uncap framerate" doesn't reset to off every time you relaunch the game. I always forget to uncap until a few hours into playing for the night, so annoying

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The bus, crates, and grenade launcher are incredibly bland and boring now that the holiday event is over.

I'm already ready for the next event lol

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy about the GL. I'm surgical with it, but the snowball launcher was ass. Snowballs were just too floaty.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
A staggering improvement.

Firstly, it looks amazing. Secondly, it runs very well. I'm not fighting against the game anymore. Every single one on one I've had, I don't feel like the game is slowing down. I would be very interested to see how it runs with the cap off. I turned it off for a few minutes and it seemed much better, but I don't want dips that effect the gameplay.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017
Tilted towers is really fun to drop in but the new ceiling/wall spike traps (which I hated before) make this place such a pain to traverse. I have to slowly check each surface of the many rooms because the game has so many traps in this particular area ( I once saw 3 on the roofs alone when dropping in). Can you sprint past these without getting hit? I think I saw someone do that but haven't tried myself.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Tilted Tower is peak perfection. It's what was sorely lacking in the POIs. Just a vertical, daunting city with lots of floors and tight corners.

It's absolutely wonderful. A little too wonderful, to the point that it's a clear fan favourite, and other places (Like Wailing Woods and the Moisty Mire) lack in comparison to the quality of Tilted Towers.

I really hope we see more designs like this for a new map.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tilted Tower is peak perfection. It's what was sorely lacking in the POIs. Just a vertical, daunting city with lots of floors and tight corners.

It's absolutely wonderful. A little too wonderful, to the point that it's a clear fan favourite, and other places (Like Wailing Woods and the Moisty Mire) lack in comparison to the quality of Tilted Towers.

I really hope we see more designs like this for a new map.
The thing is, you could get away with a much smaller map if you had more Tower type gameplay.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I really, REALLY, wish I could switch the crouch and building buttons while using the combat pro scheme. Love it otherwise, but so many times I go to crouch and open my build menu instead. Sigh.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This feels great on PS4 Pro. A little bit more pop-in maybe? Definitely some iffy textures here and there with the new asset streaming but the framerate is much much more consistent when uncapped. Input lag feels better too.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Just played the game for the first time today. I am hooked, I don't normally play multiplayer shooters but this game is fun. I did pretty well for my first time today, I came in 8th one match and 18th in another match. I really like the building system and that the shooting is fun.

Nov 13, 2017
First 2 games on the new map were wins!

Haunted Hills is a lot more disappointing than the original concept. Looked like it could have been a lot better with the bridge in between and the little lake down below. The amount of loot there is also rather small. Thank god nobody else landed there with me.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since launch but once again wanna echo the sentiment regarding how intense this is. God that very last circle will give someone a heart attack.

I feel like this feeling only happens with a couple games every generation. Close matches in Halo 3, the last survivor in CoD4 Snd. Now R6 Siege and Fortnite. Whewwwwww.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm warming more up to the game but I still can't get over how shotgun focused it is.

My deaths are 10 to 1 by shotguns by far.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The bushes look a bit naked.
My first game after the servers went live i landed in Haunted Hills and went through Pleasant Park, i noticed the new scoreboard there and took a screenshot. I was 100% sure it was going to work, but there was a bit too much activity in the area to test it. Awesome though.
Anyone uncap their OG PS4 frame rate on the new patch yet? If so, how is it?
Its improved for sure, but its still very variable and probably not super viable for most players preferences.
So I'm warming more up to the game but I still can't get over how shotgun focused it is.
Players can give their positions away really easy with footsteps and building, try not to let them close the gap on you and don't position yourself in a place where they'd have the advantage. My close range isn't strong in this game, so i try to play to my strengths and keep people at a distance so i can use AR's and silenced pistols.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Yea.. Looks awful now :/

IMO bush is a gimmick item that definitely loses it's charm without the holiday lights. Without the goofiness of the lights on top it becomes just an item I entirely disregard when getting it out of a chest... During the holiday event at least I had the occasional "you know what.. I'm down for some goofy christmas light bush shenanigans..."

So yea I feel like the bush should be holiday event exclusive. I mentioned before but I would totally love if they came up with enough gimmick items to just have different items rotating in and out of the loot pool based on whatever event was currently ongoing.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
IMO bush is a gimmick item that definitely loses it's charm without the holiday lights. Without the goofiness of the lights on top it becomes just an item I entirely disregard when getting it out of a chest... During the holiday event at least I had the occasional "you know what.. I'm down for some goofy christmas light bush shenanigans..."
Its really rare i use the bush, but it feels like they've lowered the drop rate on enough that i do genuinely consider it every time i come across it, or at least hanging on to it for awhile and seeing. Not really out of any strategic advantage but just out of variety. It does pair so damn well with the silenced pistols too for some hilarious plays, like guarding this supply drop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwJFoE4et9I. I potatoed all my first shots and managed to get off a quick sneaky reload before they realized where i was.

Nov 13, 2017
Shotguns are pretty much your bread and butter in this game. Someone snuck up on you? Shotgun battle. Someone use ramps to push up close to you? Shotgun battle. Fighting in close quarters in the beginning of the game because you dropped into a town? Shotgun battle.

This is why the strongest setup right now is just to forego another weapon in order to run 2 pump shotguns at the same time.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love the new map. While you mofuckas are dropping in on the left side of the map I'm getting all the loot to myself on the right. Tonight finna be a breeze.

Also..I really don't know how I feel bout the new ballistics system. I feel it's the best it's been.

Nov 13, 2017
While you mofuckas are dropping in on the left side of the map I'm getting all the loot to myself on the right.
I got 2 of my 3 wins tonight by dropping to the area north of Tomato Town. Then I made my way south to Salty and nobody looted that either. It was crazy.

That said, the left side is just so much more enjoyable to run around and explore right now. Though I do really like the changes they made to the area around Moisty Mire. That's a fantastic little zone now. Looks fantastic.

Also..I really don't know how I feel bout the new ballistics system.
It isn't implemented yet so nobody knows how they feel :P

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
New map is fine.
Just still waiting on the new weapon system for this game to be worth sinking considerable hours into.
I'm not totally sure about the new shooting model. Having increased recoil at the cost of no bloom and damage drop off sounds excellent for most games, but when we have such wide open vistas and potential for long distance encounters having so many hitscan weapons that have pinpoint accuracy under controlled fire really doesn't sound a lot of fun, keeping in mind that bloom is only ever an issue with a low grade weapon or when using it outside of its ideal firing range. With current systems skill is still the determining factor of who wins the vast majority of encounters.

Here is some footage of the new shooting model in action from when they accidentally enabled it back in December - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9NoYKceCDQ. Keeping in mind its a work in progress and may be different when we see it. If its an improvement, i'll totally be on board, i'm just not yet convinced it is with how the game flows.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got 2 of my 3 wins tonight by dropping to the area north of Tomato Town. Then I made my way south to Salty and nobody looted that either. It was crazy.

That said, the left side is just so much more enjoyable to run around and explore right now. Though I do really like the changes they made to the area around Moisty Mire. That's a fantastic little zone now. Looks fantastic.

It isn't implemented yet so nobody knows how they feel :P

Someone posted a YouTube link of how it is. Whether it's legit or not, I really don't know. lol. I just can't deal with anymore RNG.

Nov 13, 2017
Someone posted a YouTube link of how it is. Whether it's legit or not, I really don't know. lol. I just can't deal with anymore RNG.
Well, the version that was accidentally deployed is definitely subject to change. But yeah, I welcome the new system whenever it happens. It will be a massive adjustment, but hopefully for the best. I just worry about hitscan guns over such massive distances. I've never played a game with massive maps that used hitscan before.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Check my post above for a video :).
Well, the version that was accidentally deployed is definitely subject to change. But yeah, I welcome the new system whenever it happens. It will be a massive adjustment, but hopefully for the best. I just worry about hitscan guns over such massive distances. I've never played a game with massive maps that used hitscan before.
Yeah, thats why i'm not totally convinced it'll actually improve how enjoyable the game is to play. But, i am more than happy to try it and make a proper judgement. I am expecting it to be quite divisive however. Epic have been very mum on this for the past month, I do wonder if their internal testing went poorly and they've perhaps changed their minds, though this is complete conjecture on my part.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, it just looks ridiculous and makes gunfights super awkward. Would much rather see strafing with a more heavy penalty for bunny hopping.

Idk man. There's something about Fortnite that has a charm to it that I wasn't surprised to see people Carlton dancing or bunny hopping during firefights. Fortnite will always have that goofy aspect to it. But I have gotten away with just straight up strafing during shotty battles instead of jumping. Halo has treated me well.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No, it just looks ridiculous and makes gunfights super awkward. Would much rather see strafing with a more heavy penalty for bunny hopping.
I don't bunny hop very often and wouldn't be opposed to them making it more of a disadvantageous play but i still have a very positive k/d and win my fair share of matches. Its something you can deal with, as they're going to be moving in a predictable arc.

Oct 27, 2017
OMG I just came in 2nd first time. Exhilirating but at the same time so frustrating. I'm over it now but in the moment it was devastating.

Had 3 kills, built a nice tower on top of the lake as the circle got to its smallest.

Other player parachutes to the top of my tower and I start spamming my shotgun.

4 shots at close range somehow only took out their 100% shield. I had 50% shield, full health.

Game is fun but damn, that was a real come down. Idk if I want to come that close again only to lose lol. I really thought I had it.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm not totally sure about the new shooting model. Having increased recoil at the cost of no bloom and damage drop off sounds excellent for most games, but when we have such wide open vistas and potential for long distance encounters having so many hitscan weapons that have pinpoint accuracy under controlled fire really doesn't sound a lot of fun, keeping in mind that bloom is only ever an issue with a low grade weapon or when using it outside of its ideal firing range. With current systems skill is still the determining factor of who wins the vast majority of encounters.

Here is some footage of the new shooting model in action from when they accidentally enabled it back in December - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9NoYKceCDQ. Keeping in mind its a work in progress and may be different when we see it. If its an improvement, i'll totally be on board, i'm just not yet convinced it is with how the game flows.

Bloom is one of the worst mechanics in any shooter in my opinion. The damage is also much lower which this game has needed for a while.

No more catching RNG headshots for 80 damage is going to be a godsend.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I thought the update was bout to make this scoped AR lit but it's still the same old shit lmao. Don't care how the scope looks now.

Still prefer the blue m16. Any m16 for that matter. I'm honestly surprised how confident I feel with common m16s

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
OMG I just came in 2nd first time. Exhilirating but at the same time so frustrating. I'm over it now but in the moment it was devastating.

Had 3 kills, built a nice tower on top of the lake as the circle got to its smallest.

Other player parachutes to the top of my tower and I start spamming my shotgun.

4 shots at close range somehow only took out their 100% shield. I had 50% shield, full health.

Game is fun but damn, that was a real come down. Idk if I want to come that close again only to lose lol. I really thought I had it.
I probably had 10 second place finishes before I got my first win.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, there's definitely an issue with this new update on xb1. I've played three games, and in all three, I've died to shots that didn't even make a sound.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bloom is one of the worst mechanics in any shooter in my opinion. The damage is also much lower which this game has needed for a while.
No more catching RNG headshots for 80 damage is going to be a godsend.
Recoil systems can also have people scoring random lucky headshots, there is also damage drop off at range, its not just lower damage.
Opened like 6 chests and they all had white assault rifles and a green smg.

Kill me.
I kind of feel like chests shouldn't drop common weapons.

Last edited:

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just start smashing walls like an idiot looking for the chests in tilted towers lol

I'm probably just gonna have to learn the locations by watching streamers :P

Status
Not open for further replies.