• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any sort of tip to finding a Recon Scanner faster?

My usual strategy has been landing at the IO Outpost southwest of Sludgy Swamp (as others rarely land there) and opening up the two IO Chests under the staircase but after 7 or 8 games of doing that today it makes me wonder if there is a better strategy. Wrath is my daily quest guy today.
Sloan is guaranteed to drop one along with her mythic burst rifle.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
V-bucks missions have been popping off lately!

Tonights missions + my daily quests for the night are about to net me 300, and that's after my 300 daily reward from two nights ago. I love how mini-boss season has been lining up with Halloween for the last couple years, which always has some of the best skins.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Save the World will be moved to the Discover tab in a later update.

Maybe it also means launching Fortnite right away like in Switch mobile; instead of choosing at the main menu.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Fortnite having issues tonight. Trying to play with someone on Switch and PC and all of us taking ages to connect, kicked from the party etc. Weird.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
So it seems you can already add Save the World to Discover. By playing a match on STW; then going to Discover and browsing the recently played list. You can favorite it and jump from royale to STW. Is not official yet; but works as expected.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Been sleeping on the skins lately.

Edit: If the free skin with the Batman Foundation comic is indeed "The Batman who laughs" I'll take back what I said about the skins lately.

Last edited:

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Finally hit 100 last night. Feeling burnt out a bit so I won't be going for 200. I'll still do the new punch cards and the secret skin though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok seriously, FUCK the spot people with recon scanner quest!

Been Searching over a dozen IO chests with nothing and so keep trying to kill Sloan but either I get shredded by 3 burst rifles and a rail gun or some random prick shoots me in the back while I'm taking Sloan out.

Absolute bullshit quest considering how hard they are to get now.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017

Been Searching over a dozen IO chests with nothing and so keep trying to kill Sloan but either I get shredded by 3 burst rifles and a rail gun or some random prick shoots me in the back while I'm taking Sloan out.

Are you landing Stealthy? I usually have the best luck there. It's still RNG but I usually find one within a few matches.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Are you landing Stealthy? I usually have the best luck there. It's still RNG but I usually find one within a few matches.
Yep.

I did eventually get it but got lucky at retail with Sloan. So damn frustrating though.

A lot of the challenges that should be easy aren't because they are forcing people into such limited places to complete them.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

Have considerably slowed down on the game now that I'm Level 180 and have gotten the 10+ wins Legacies for the BR modes. I do keep track of Shiina stuff though and this is pretty cool.

Actually the real reason is that Sora in Smash have completely taken over me but that's neither here nor there.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

Is that a later version of the character quests? I've only been doing whoever the dailies give me for the most part.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I would suggest waiting for the next big game change to make it. Either when the game changes to Unreal Engine 5 or Chapter 3 releases. Both should occur no later than June next year.
I'm planning to post it now, just because it'd be nice to have an OT that's updated with each season. This OT is already pretty long in the tooth as it is.

UE5 and Chapter 3 changes will be covered in the OT, as they'll be edited in as they release.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Fortnite |OT3| Chapter 5, Season 2 Epic - OT

https://www.fortnite.com/news/make-history-in-fortnite-battle-royale-chapter-5-season-2-myths-mortals Current Season: Chapter 5, Season 2 Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, PC (via the Epic Games Store), and Android (via the Epic Games Store...

Status
Not open for further replies.