• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I've had to check a few times when it's happening because I keep forgetting, made a countdown instead:

t1570989600z1.png

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any last minute tips for those last two pain in the ass storm racer objectives? (Specifically damaging people who are in the storm and causing someone to take fall damage.) I'm finding them borderline impossible, partly because they're basically impossible to do in Team Rumble, and also partly because my matchmaking rank is at a point where very few people do super high builds. It's extremely luck-based.

I mean, I just want the blue styles for the glider and backpack, but I'm not gonna be super salty if I don't get them, I've already got everything else I want out of this season.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any last minute tips for those last two pain in the ass storm racer objectives? (Specifically damaging people who are in the storm and causing someone to take fall damage.) I'm finding them borderline impossible, partly because they're basically impossible to do in Team Rumble, and also partly because my matchmaking rank is at a point where very few people do super high builds. It's extremely luck-based.

I mean, I just want the blue styles for the glider and backpack, but I'm not gonna be super salty if I don't get them, I've already got everything else I want out of this season.
Rumble: camp the guys who are afk on the enemy team for storm damage
Same for fall damage, but you'll have to build a double ramp and impulse grenade them on it and then shoot the ramp

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017

Heavy Sniper in Team Rumble is the answer to both. I didn't hit anybody who was in the storm, but instead got it while I was in the storm and sniped someone. Additionally, you only need one point of fall damage and a lot of people won't hit their glider if they are on a lot of builds with tons of stuff beneath them, even if they are at the fall damage threshold. A quick floor snipe will usually get you a bit if fall damage.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Dang, no way to get the final unlock for female drift. 52 and it needs lv55. :(

A friend of mine got me the fall damage challenge EASY with the Flintknock pistol. It's as if it was meant for this!

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

Solo teaming is not hard to do with a friend on the same platform :D

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I managed to get lucky and get both. My checklist this season is basically done, especially the full Catalyst set. Everything else is just kinda meh - seriously, Ultima Knight's best look is his base gold style.

I might actually be finally done with Battle Royale. Honestly, I have more cosmetics for this game than I'll ever need, though it's nice that you can also use some of them for Save The World, but I feel burnt out from BR and I want to focus on playing other stuff rather than waste so much time unlocking battle pass content.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna reconnect to a new session just in case, since it feels like joining early runs the risk of the game ending before the actual event starts, people are just killing each other left and right.

Oh boy it's starting

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that was pretty neat. Honestly, the novelty of being able to still be in control of your character during these sorts of scenes is pretty great, it's a lot more immersive than if it was just a regular cutscene. But I won't lie, Epic really nailed the effects for this one.

But now Fortnite is stuck on the black hole and the Epic Launcher is borked.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
There's really nothing to this black hole? You just have to shut down the game from the console's menu?

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Got stuck in the lobby during the event, wouldn't let me into a game. The whole lobby started stretching and saying "error" all over though and eventually got sucked into a black hole at the back. Neat to see they planned for that at least.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, what's going on? They are updating the map live? Fortnite's Twitter is black and they are live streaming the black hole.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna play now, give me skins and money epic! You are betraying your customers! Aaaaaah

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally shut down my PS4 (was just supposed to close the game, shut down PS4 completely because I was absentminded). Booted Fortnite again and it took forever to log in. Once it did, it very briefly flashed the lobby but without any UI or characters, then the screen went black and there was some kind of black hole/portal sucking sound and now I'm staring at the black hole again.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The numbers stopped coming after 62. 11 could be tied to this being the 11th season. No idea what the others mean. 146... they'll up the player count to 146 per basic mode round?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Learned that entering the Konami code (Circle and X on DS4 is B and A) let's you play a goofy little shmup.
Tried that as well. I was such a petty asshole that I decided to beat both Peely and Jonesey's scores. Of course, there's no time limit or lives, so it's really just a matter of grinding it out. Probably not gonna get anything for it, though.

Also, the way borderless windowed mode works in Fortnite made me resize the window multiple times by accident while I was playing it, which is annoying and something I've noticed multiple times has happened when I get killed in regular play. It really needs to be locked when gameplay isn't happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.