• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
So what are we thinking with StW, any evidence that Ray is a human in a robot body? Or robots are just capable of gaining human level sentience

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Damn
Watched the whole trailer frame by frame lits of cool stuff
-new weapons
-classes?
-ability to hide in objects
-ability to pick up a downed team mate (though maybe it's tied to a class system)
-swimming
- environment acting like expected (gas pump explodes instead of just disappearing)

I'll have to look again and add

Oct 25, 2017
Damn
Watched the whole trailer frame by frame lits of cool stuff
-new weapons
-classes?
-ability to hide in objects
-ability to pick up a downed team mate (though maybe it's tied to a class system)
-swimming
- environment acting like expected (gas pump explodes instead of just disappearing)

I'll have to look again and add
Don't forget updated graphics it looks like

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Good grief that trailer tho! Millions of kids around the world are going to lose their shit... turn off their drug for a couple of days, only to then inject Chapter 2 straight into their veins.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, sad stuff for StW. Why is it so hard for them to put like 30 new people on that team and make it something special?

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The game doesn't generate a lot of revenue I guess. Hopefully that changes when it goes F2P and they find a way to monetize it, perhaps with cosmetics like BR. Right now the only thing you can use v bucks on are llamas and those aren't worth it.

Hopefully Frostnite 2.0 is right around the corner

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I've got to say I'm disappointed with the start of Chapter 2. I don't hate it but it's kinda mmmmmeh. In their weird "back to basics" boner they've stripped it way too much and now it's just way too basic. Shoot and build. Shoot and build. No shockwaves grenades. No grapplers. No fun vehicles. I thought that outside the shitty mech, the game was in a fairly good place item/weapon-wise.

And the new map is kinda boring. It just looks all the same, doesn't have the kind of clear, unique POIs and distinct areas. Just green hill after green hill, not all that many places that look interesting to explore. A pretty big downgrade from what we had before.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got to say I'm disappointed with the start of Chapter 2. I don't hate it but it's kinda mmmmmeh. In their weird "back to basics" boner they've stripped it way too much and now it's just way too basic. Shoot and build. Shoot and build. No shockwaves grenades. No grapplers. No fun vehicles. I thought that outside the shitty mech, the game was in a fairly good place item/weapon-wise.

And the new map is kinda boring. It just looks all the same, doesn't have the kind of clear, unique POIs and distinct areas. Just green hill after green hill, not all that many places that look interesting to explore. A pretty big downgrade from what we had before.
I feel 100% the opposite. Just played the intro match and WOW I'm blown away. Love the map, too. Everything just feels and looks like butter now. Shooting is fun as ever. Just gotta re-kajigger my control scheme again.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
That writing team is going to waste
tfw there could have been an awesome "crossover" with StW and the end/beginning of chapter 2.
But nope. It was basically just the game being down for 2 days for nothing.

Isn't the VA for "The Scientist" the same one for Dr. Vinderman? I mean...that could have been amazing.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I feel 100% the opposite. Just played the intro match and WOW I'm blown away. Love the map, too. Everything just feels and looks like butter now. Shooting is fun as ever. Just gotta re-kajigger my control scheme again.
The intro was cool. But I've done all the week 1 challenges and in that time I've come to miss a lot of stuff from just a few days ago with nothing too interesting replacing it (the motorboat is boring). The map hasn't really been offering much in the way of cool locations even in this short time with Ch. 2.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The intro was cool. But I've done all the week 1 challenges and in that time I've come to miss a lot of stuff from just a few days ago with nothing too interesting replacing it (the motorboat is boring). The map hasn't really been offering much in the way of cool locations even in this short time with Ch. 2.
The power plant, dam, and beach are all awesome so far from what I can tell. Still need to check out more locations. The map has a refreshing feel to it too, and the graphics update looks great with it. I like that it feels like a higher altitude biome so it has somewhat of a crisp and woodsy/mountainous feel.

Imo a big upgrade from the first map, and we needed one badly since the old map was so tired.

In terms of items, I don't feel like I'm missing anything too important yet. I'm sure they'll introduce some more new tools and weapons in the months to come.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The power plant, dam, and beach are all awesome so far from what I can tell. Still need to check out more locations. The map has a refreshing feel to it too, and the graphics update looks great with it. I like that it feels like a higher altitude biome so it has somewhat of a crisp and woodsy/mountainous feel.

Imo a big upgrade from the first map, and we needed one badly since the old map was so tired.

In terms of items, I don't feel like I'm missing anything too important yet. I'm sure they'll introduce some more new tools and weapons in the months to come.
The power plant was visually pretty cool but as a looting place it was pretty weak from what I visited it. The beach is maybe the best place in the new map, the rest is pretty boring.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First "real" game I get, land and get a burst, then another burst, then a sniper.
First guy next to me gets a shotgun.

Iconic already.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well to each their own I suppose! I think at the very least we can agree this is a decent fresh starting point for them to start adding items, gradually changing the map over time, and making the gameplay more complex as we move through the seasons.

Also the Battlepass is pretty good too, especially beyond the skins. The Rippley gun skin is soooo sexy.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I don't understand why they didn't add this map into the rotation along with the old map. Probably because they didn't want to fragment the playerbase and have people insta-quit on the new map but I think it would have been for the best.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they didn't add this map into the rotation along with the old map. Probably because they didn't want to fragment the playerbase and have people insta-quit on the new map but I think it would have been for the best.
Same reason apex doesnt, they don't want to maintain multiple maps

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how the hell does the punchcard thing work ? Looks like a daily grind, considering we have no fucking idea how much we'll have to play to get level 100 BP, that fucking sucks

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Won my second ever game and first on Xbox (other being on Switch)

Probably has to do with the SBMM but I was listening to Weezer when it happened so I choose to believe that much like the rains down in Africa Rivers Cuomo blessed my Fortnite skills

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the purpose of these bots. I'm watching two streamers (Nickmercs and HD) who are obviously really good players run into plenty of them in duos.

I thought they were mainly for the new players? Seems corny and unnecessary IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.