• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't manage to get better than 2nd place on Xbox One X in about 30 games. First game on Switch with headphones and the Pro Controller and the umbrella is now mine.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, all!

We've released patch v11.00.1 on PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, and Android to address some issues, including:

• Some settings being reset due to an error with the Chapter 2 launch. If you haven't logged in since the launch of Chapter 2, your settings will remain as they were.
  • The wrong Achievements showing as completed.
  • The screen appearing cropped/zoomed-in on consoles.
v11.00.1 will also be released on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and iOS. We will update you as it comes to these platforms.

A download is required.

Thank you!
lol, not restoring settings for those who logged in is a dick move. At least make it an option. Unless they don't store a history which I doubt since settings are attached to the account.

also btw there's supposedly a workaround for shit PC performance

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The lack of traversal items is killing this map for me and makes the map feel so much larger than it actually is.

Oct 25, 2017
Is team rumble still the best way to gain XP? I hit level 8 fast enough doing the initial challenges now leveling is going super slow.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid grinding will be excessive this season. One weekly challenge gives you 14 000exp which seems to be, like, 1/5th of what you need for a single battlepass tier.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
w-wait, was that intro match against bots?
I saw a few that had like number names "One6Ninety" for instance, but then some other named people

Is that how the bots are named? like with numbers or do they have regular names too? Do we know?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
w-wait, was that intro match against bots?
I saw a few that had like number names "One6Ninety" for instance, but then some other named people

Is that how the bots are named? like with numbers or do they have regular names too? Do we know?
There is real people mixed in with the bots. I had a build battle with someone my first game.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Got my umbrella the first night, had another match where I came in 2nd but I rushed the guy at the end stupidly. I love all the changes. Seeing the xp popups is amazing, I am also loving the new map. Going around exploring is so much more fun when you dont have worry about getting shot constantly.

Oct 25, 2017
This game renders worse than before. It looks like shit. And this is with me having the textures at the highest and draw distance at the highest. The rest I have on low.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of traversal items is killing this map for me and makes the map feel so much larger than it actually is.

Yeah, I'd day give it a week and people will start being more negative once the new shine wears off. No mobility and a lot more RPGs will probably annoy people quickly.

They got rid of launch pads right? I haven't seen any yet.

I do like the more streamlined weapons though. Pistol actually seems worth a damn for the first time ever.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, I'd day give it a week and people will start being more negative once the new shine wears off. No mobility and a lot more RPGs will probably annoy people quickly.

I do like the more streamlined weapons though. Pistol actually seems worth a damn for the first time ever.
Yep, launch pads were vaulted along with every other traversal item such as shockwaves, bounce pads, grapplers, etc.
I get why they did it because they want to limit 3rd partying and teams yanking one another but as it is, there is no way to get out of a 3rd party situation or when faced with a bad circle rotation. This might be weird to say but these changes and the map are really giving me PUBG vibes and that's not a good thing.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This game renders worse than before. It looks like shit. And this is with me having the textures at the highest and draw distance at the highest. The rest I have on low.
I don't like how it looks completely either. I think lighting is no doubt improved and materials look more like the materials they should. But the textures themselves on everything look a lot less detailed and overall game looks blurrier.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Epic a year ago: " we've made rocket launchers epic or higher and reduced their spawn frequency to prevent spamming"
Today epic: "rocket launchers are common now LOL"
Yep, launch pads were vaulted along with every other traversal item such as shockwaves, bounce pads, grapplers, etc.
I get why they did it because they want to limit 3rd partying and teams yanking one another but as it is, there is no way to get out of a 3rd party situation or when faced with a bad circle rotation. This might be weird to say but these changes and the map are really giving me PUBG vibes and that's not a good thing.
Map reminds me of Blackout

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
No way are the majority of changes going to be looked at negatively. The game looks better, they made the map better, and the xp changes are fantastic. I am a teacher and I have a lot of students who play fortnite and every period today all I heard was people gushing over how good the changes are. I really don't know how epic pulled it off but I was totally out and I bought the battle pass again which I told myself I would never do again.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Epic a year ago: " we've made rocket launchers epic or higher and reduced their spawn frequency to prevent spamming"
Today epic: "rocket launchers are common now LOL"

Map reminds me of Blackout
Blackout too but at least with Blackout it's usually easier to find vehicles.
No way are the majority of changes going to be looked at negatively. The game looks better, they made the map better, and the xp changes are fantastic. I am a teacher and I have a lot of students who play fortnite and every period today all I heard was people gushing over how good the changes are. I really don't know how epic pulled it off but I was totally out and I bought the battle pass again which I told myself I would never do again.
It's the honeymoon period, give it a week and the hate will start to come out.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I really like how damn easy it is to break line of sight with the new map, even with people used to making new sightlines. Stealth wins out.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
How do characters work in this game? I have only been able to play as the generic soldier dude. Sometimes a woman appears on the lobby screen, but I end up as the dude in the match.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
How do characters work in this game? I have only been able to play as the generic soldier dude. Sometimes a woman appears on the lobby screen, but I end up as the dude in the match.
There are 4 male and 4 female default skins that rotate each match. You can't pick from these. You can only choose your skin once you purchase one or receive one in the Battle Pass.

Honestly, I really like the look of this season's default skins. They fit really well with the map. I have over 100 skins and have used the default ones the entire time I've played Chapter 2 so far.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How do you actually use the defaults when you have skins? I actually tried but couldn't figure it out.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Lmao, watching CourageJD and his squad is standing in the storm by the slurp plant, under the drainpipe and if you jump, the slurp water heals you, so they are doing that and each have like 10 healing fish. In the storm, they're going to win

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Considering starting this game up again, but one big question...

Can you set the crouch key to hold instead of toggle yet?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I've been out for the better part of 5 seasons dipping in here and there to play a match or two but I haven't bought a battle pass and actually sat down to play seriously for a long time and I ponied up the cash for the pass.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
I'm finally going to finish leveling up some of these damn skins that required 250,000xp for the final form. This XP change this season is really nice. I absolutely regretted buying the season 10 pass. Way too Grundy and it made me completely fall off. I only made it to like level 24 or something

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Got a duo's win, a 2nd, and a 5th tonight. I am loving how the sprinkled in the landmarks outside the named locations. It is nice to have smaller calmer areas to loot, especially later in matches.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't play for 8 weeks straight (hated season 10) tried out season 11 and I guess there is a MMR cause my game been so easy. Just got a b2b win with 8 and 11 kills.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Still can't take this game serious though. This game is meant to be playing with a squad and screwing around. Competitive it just not.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nonsense lol

1571295283-sans-titre.png

14000 total xp and I get the 30% bonus on just the measly 276xp, what's the point of the BP bonus anymore

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Is it new that you get material from breaking built structures? It's not much, but I got 2x wood breaking a wall I put up.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good Lord. I'm going to try and turn off cross-platform play and see if that helps. I'm getting thrown in matches I have no business being in and it's killing the fun. I go from cleaing up bots at the beginning of the match (probably incresing my SBMM level) to ultra sweats at the end every time. Before SBMM I had no trouble getting the occasional Royale. They need to look at their methodology. Really you should only increase if you get a Royale and until you get one, you shouldn't be in matches with KB&M-wielding sweaties.

Oct 25, 2017
The XP gains are wayyyyyyyyyy too low. I did every challenge and punchcard since chapter 2 hit and I'm only level 13. That said. If you visit any of the steel bridges (landmarks) regardless if you visited them already you still get 2000 xp. That is where I land at every game now.

Also lol

Last edited:

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo many bots! When playing duos, I killed a human player when there was around 25 people left. I got a "first kill of the game"-achievement...

Status
Not open for further replies.