• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a mode with no bots? My son is looking like a professional fortnite player right now. These bots are brain dead

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I liked the update at first, but today it actually felt boring. Had 2 solo wins, 2 duo wins and 3 squad wins. I'm normally lucky to have one or two in a day...

Is there a mode with no bots? My son is looking like a professional fortnite player right now. These bots are brain dead

Arena shouldn't have bots, it's more of a competitive mode

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like playing against bots.
How many of them are there in matches?
I think it's pretty variable depending on your skill level.

I am bottom tier bad and my matches are nearly all bots. I come across maybe 1 or 2 real people in the final circle and that's it.

They immediately start fucking about with ramps and towers and I lose.

I enjoyed dipping into Fortnite again, and getting a win against bots...but I'm out. Too old and slow to bother with building when there are other games I could play.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty variable depending on your skill level.

I am bottom tier bad and my matches are nearly all bots. I come across maybe 1 or 2 real people in the final circle and that's it.

They immediately start fucking about with ramps and towers and I lose.

I enjoyed dipping into Fortnite again, and getting a win against bots...but I'm out. Too old and slow to bother with building when there are other games I could play.
It really doesn't get that long to get the basics down.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't get that long to get the basics down.
Yeah I can flick to building and make a box ramp....but I just don't want to. I also don't have the training or instincts for ramp fights and dealing with shotgun bunny hopping. I'm just old and curmudgeonly.

I want to be clear - I think Fortnite has been a great addition to the gaming sphere and it brings a whole new dimension to online shooters. I enjoyed watching the sheer nutty spectacle of the world cup. I don't think they should change it for people like me!

Apologies that my original post was another one of those "meh I hate building!" posts...I know Fortnite threads get a lot of them but it absolutely SHOULD keep building as a core concept.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't know what it is but since chapter 2 it feels like people are able to outrun me in building constantly, like I have the advantage in building ramps yet they always manage to take over and cut me off.

Don't know what the issue is but it's getting really frustrating.

Last edited:

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Uhhhh so

When I played 2 days ago (Switch), the game suddenly ran at 60 fps. It said 30 fps on the lobby screen as usual but it was 100 % not. It looked smooth as butter just like on PC. I thought it was because of the update i downloaded before playing and that they finally figured out how to reach 60 fps on Switch. It lasted for hours until the end of my gaming session late at night.

Super happy about that, I booted up the game yesterday and it ran like shit as usual again. The disappointment was huge. So wtf happened there?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Of the 4 games I won yesterday in solos, even though it always says there's 100 or 99 players. The one that had the least bots was 1 of them that only had 51 bots! The others generally had 80 bots! Wtf so fucking dumb it is not satisfying at all to kill them. Shouldn't even be considered Battle Royale in these matches. I mean I guess 20 player BR could be a thing but its really dumb that it pretends to be 100.

I always wondered since I first saw bots in mobile PUBG how long it would be until these Battle Royale games were just mostly fake because as a player you can't really know how many other players are actually in the match with you besides from what it tells you. If they just lie about it and put bots you could never really know. Epic is already there and doing that now. Only reason it can be noticed easily is because the AI acts so dumb but im sure they're working on improving it and then I believe playing full 100 player matches will really be a rare thing.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
5 rumbles done today, all with 12+ kills
Didn't get one level lol
Were you maxing your scavenger level too?

The best thing to do is land at the biggest POI close to you and try to get as many firsts as you can. First landing, fish, chest, first to max health, first to get the twelve chest scavenger medal, first upgrade. All those are just bursting with Xp. Opening everything you come across is also worth it with the supercharge.

I think my max in Rumble last night was like 24k with an average of 17k.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
Just got 40k exp from rumble

It gave me 21k exp for first match of the day medal... So around 19k exp for the match

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Every match I played last night and this morning has been supercharged xp so hopefully that lasts a while. You really still have to be doing all the punch card stuff to get much bonus. I wish there was a way in game to see all the different punch card things you can do.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
3000exp now that the supercharged exp is gone. Lol. And this is with a winning match with plenty of kills, scavenger etc.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The bots are boring. I'm not mad about it, but when I play in squads it feels like there's way too many. Don't have the same issue playing solo though so I don't know. I love almost all of the changes from the streamlined loot pool, the new map, new mechanics, new progression system, the battle pass rewards, etc. I just hate the XP gain rate - even with the supercharge.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Just watch your replays after a match. You'll see there's only 19 or so real players in a match. The most I saw from the replays I watched was 49 players. It's awful.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
After working on this map for 6 months (on & off) it's finally f-ing ready!

unknown.png

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
So both days of the weekend are separate XP boosts huh. I kinda left most of Saturdays boost alone because I assumed it would just be a capped bonus for the whole weekend. Hopefully it might've stacked up or something, otherwise I already wasted a bunch of xp in this seemingly stingy season.

Really not hoping they're gonna force us to play a bunch every Saturday and Sunday specifically cause that would honestly suck, I got enough weekend grind games already. Hopefully the boosts stack and stays with you once activated throughout the week, but I guess we'll have to find out if we're that lucky.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see what their communication is this week, they've got to put out *something* even if it's in the term of patch notes/fixes for stuff that's come up since chapter 2 launch. Honestly for the most part pretty happy with the game itself minus some gripes (lack of mobility, AR's feel terrible now for some reason to me etc) but they've been virtually totally radio silent, and the XP thing is a big thing they really needed to address last week. Curious if they're scrambling or what's going on. I've been hopping on every day, filling out my medal punchcard in Rumble then dipping, I want to see what they say otherwise before I put a bunch of time in or not.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a bad string of runs in a row but then this happened and made everything all right. Lmao.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever made the decision that rocket launchers should be more common is an idiot. So much fun fun fun fun fun running into a sweaty squad with 2-3 people with rocket launchers.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not even that common. More common than season 10 for sure, but even then. Just because they're green doesn't mean they drop as much as green pistols, color was never an indication of actual rarity.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They're not even that common. More common than season 10 for sure, but even then. Just because they're green doesn't mean they drop as much as green pistols, color was never an indication of actual rarity.
Not as common as green pistols but they are still too common. I don't mind the occasional game where rocket launchers are my/our doom but now it's pretty much every game that has a noticeable number of people with them.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone that had their supercharged xp active on sunday but didn't use it up that day still have it today?

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I re-downloaded Fortnite to check out the new map, and I can't get passed that black hole loading screen. Is there something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.