• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, gold theme.. new island getting excavated for resources? Minecarts or trains would be amaaaazing for transport.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to follow along with the teasers, and I'm actually pretty excited. I love the idea of a return to a season "theme" like the pirates in Season 8 or Superheroes in Season 4. This season has started to feel a bit bland after lasting so long, so the update is very welcome. The gold theme is sounding pretty cool. Also, if this leaked Oro skin ends up being the level 100 one, I'll be SO in.

Mostly hoping for some bug fixes and performance improvements. Maybe they'll listen and actually remove forced-crossplay. That'd be nice too.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
These 2 got mad at me I presume because I kept them from hogging all of the combat score with their duped gas traps and trying to screw me out of the V bucks reward. Plus I had already reported them for using duped traps, I guess they were upset about that. One of them even tried boxing me up lmao. And you can see at the end both of them are coming after me for some odd reason even though the game is already over.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I will say that the new areas are really cool but God damn can it be hard to survive. Between them being really sweaty because they are new plus the bots which can either be deadly or cause you to be distracted and get third partied by another player.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait to unlock deadpool. I hope he talks whenever he does anything.
t4vtodt1a2i41.jpg

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda fun! Just got the season umbrella (finally got a game without sweats). I like the new POIs. The map was pretty balanced already, so I'm ok with them not creating new biomes etc.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool huh? I'd buy him if he was available separately, but I don't play enough to warrant a BP purchase.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool huh? I'd buy him if he was available separately, but I don't play enough to warrant a BP purchase.

I think you only have to do Deadpool-specific challenges in the battle pass to get him (for example "don't thank the buss driver during a game" this week). Should be pretty simple.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit they got me again. I thought I was going to sit this season out but they added some neat stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Having fun. Hit level 10 really quick. XP seems fine. The new areas are much bigger than they look, thanks to subterranean and multi-floor layouts. Digging the theme. Spy v Spy v Mercs. It's all a big sneaking mission, complete with ?s & !s NPCs and Bosses. Hid in a toilet at a gas station being patrolled by guards and got flushed down into a hidden hideout. Using the scanners, disguises and evading cameras and patrols is pretty sweet. Just need to be able to hang down from pipes and maybe a Mission Impossible style Elevator Zipline.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
The challenge presentation is horrid this season.

Also, no need for every last thing to be interactive.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I just had the most fun match of this game maybe ever. From being trapped in the underground base and barely escaping the storm to avoiding conflict and sneaking around. To winning it all in the end. Jesus fuck

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Literally every goddamn time they have these bombass skins in the battle pass and I find a main and i'm like

"Yea i'll never switch from this"

then literally it's always the first fucking skin of the season that's better than everything. 💢

I was up reasonably late last night unlocking the black hooded variant of the journey outfit 😢

Now how do I unlock the girl with the sword?

EDIT I have to wait 41 DAYS??

Second edit:Oh she's tier 80.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New season is pretty fantastic. 3 wins so far and up to level 12. C4 is the absolute greatest against people that box up all day. Never leave me again.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So man this season is pretty rad. The custom Maya thing is dope and I also love that you have to choose a permanent variant to unlock between all the agent characters.
Can't wait until I get Meowscles. Also the cat dance emote at tier 59 is also amazing. Also Epic has been just like consistently amazing with how well they've presented all their content. The weird secret base layout for the battlepass tab is a really neat addition.

Tons of other really fun small GUI changes and just overall nice QoL stuff. Epic could have really taken Fortnites popularity for granted and not really tried anymore but they keep pushing forward and evolving what the game is in some fascinating ways.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I just had the most fun match of this game maybe ever. From being trapped in the underground base and barely escaping the storm to avoiding conflict and sneaking around. To winning it all in the end. Jesus fuck
YES! Exactly! It's so much fun the sorts of chaos they've added with these bases.

Look, I don't know if my expectations got the best of me, but at first I was really down on this season. I was really hoping these pyramid theories, knights, the leaked Oro skin being tier 100, would end up being true. Then when I woke up this morning and realized it was spies, I was incredibly bummed. Yet, later today I had one of the funnest matches of Fortnite I've had in over a year. I started off at some hideout. Ended up gettiing the mythic scar and grappling gun. Then spent the entire match just barely outrunning the storm with hardly any ammo in my guns. It didn't matter that I lost at like 10th place, I was laughing and having more fun than I have in forever. This season feels like the Fortnite I came to love years ago. I'm so glad they've increased mobility and brought back silly things like hiding in a cardboard box (ala the bush in early Fortnite). The Team Rumble changes are just as perfect. Removing SBMM for just a random , fun, low-stakes, TDM mode pretty much, was a great decision.

I just *really* hope they end the season on April 30th and keep things fresh throughout. From the looks of it, it appears like they're going to. After 5 months and no significant changes last season really got stale. All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised. As long as this network performance holds up, they got me all season. I do wish Epic would communicate more however, such as releasing official patch notes, and I'm still not thrilled about forced cross-platform play, but damn I think I'm very into this season. Bravo Epic, I'm excited for what's to come next.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The bases are really fun. Sneaking through the vents in the Agency while another player was running around inside fighting the guards was cool.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The mythic drum gun is some Captain Insano shit. I feel like I'm opening up a can of whoop ass any time I use it. Kept tearing through entire squads.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
I keep getting lost and turned around in the new locations. Slowly learning how to navigate them. I think I've died more from henchmen than other players 😂

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting lost and turned around in the new locations. Slowly learning how to navigate them. I think I've died more from henchmen than other players 😂

They are no joke haha, I thought they would be as weak as like a zombie but no those henchmen are constantly kicking my ass haha.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Team Rumble needs sbmm. Every game I've been in is against a team of master builders making these stupid huge mazes who edit a window into a wall, shot gun me to death, close it, somehow build 5 stories and then disappear into the abyss before I even saw them. Last season I could carry my own. So far this time around I may get 5 kills max and feel like I'm just feeding the other team. My girlfriend tells me I need to get good lol. Truth. Rant over

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
and now i'm finding local challenges not listed on the challenges menu.. bugs or intended?

edit: after some research, these just reward achievements, no xp. Guess i won't be landing in Salty Springs 100 times after all!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Because geforce now does not require me to install fortnite every time I get the small urge to play a map, I made a short video of my STW collection.

And since I have over 12k gold bars, I bought wukong, another mythic hero.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Really liking the new decoys. They seem to fool even the good players at the moment which helps even the odds a bit for me. Played a big part in me winning a match.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Got my umbrella through some extreme cheese. The other player was an über good builder, so I built some way up with him/her, then just went to ground level. I had 90 health and a medkit, so I just started healing just before the storm completely closed in and outlived him/her without any damage done to one another.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The Brutus minigun is a damn laser. Watched my wife decimate a squad with it last night for the win and she is generally not that great at the game.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to really explore the agency building its so dense with defenses and other players that holy shit going into it is just a nightmare.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
One of the best loops in the game now is; landing on Ghost HQ - roof chest, lower roof chest, jump into booth, get into the building, vent chest, then around to room chest, break floor below room chest to get access to Ghost crate and ample ammo, toilet up, head upstairs to final chest and then onto the Agency.

I've done this many, many times now and I'm constantly placing 25 or above. I get to the Agency with 100 Health and Shield, in disguise and most of the people on the island have either already been killed off or obtained the Midas card and died themselves, leaving me to grab all the loot, jump in a boat and coast away to a Victory Royale.

Status
Not open for further replies.