• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the Hexlyvania biome is great. They put a ton of effort into it, and they once again gave Ray a bunch of good dialog.

I will be genuinely sad to see it go.
To be fair the biome, Ray's dialogue, and the Fortnitemares questline are all recycled content from last year's Fortnitemares, so for those of us who were playing last Halloween it's pretty much the same event with the Rat weapons being the only new content.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Aw fuck, that's when my kids' party is.
tumblr_od6gsiqONT1tq4of6o1_500.gif

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Un-fucking-fortunate

If they're really going through with this, they might want to fix the animation when people actually land with Gliders. They're talking about audio in the blog, but if someone glides right next to you, they can start shooting at you before the animation for landing with the glider even finishes.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/glider-re-deploy-test
Update - October 31, 2018
We've finished our first week of Glider Re-deploy being available in all modes. During this time we've been collecting internal data and monitoring constructive feedback from all of you. We understand that not all players agree with this change, but we would like to continue with this functionality in the game based on the positive results we've been seeing.

As this feature remains available, we'll begin making quality of life changes to its functionality. First of which will be prioritizing Glider audio over weapon audio within certain ranges, this will begin in v6.21. We also plan on adding additional changes in future updates.

Thanks for the discussion and feedback you've provided. Please continue letting us know how we can improve this feature, your thoughts on its effect in matches, and any other feedback you may have as we continue to work on Glider Re-deploy.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite community: We don't like redeploying in the normal modes, it makes fall damage no longer an issue and it's too easy to disengage.
Epic: we would like to continue with this functionality in the game based on the positive results we've been seeing

Classic.

At the very least it needs counterplay. Make Gliders destroyable after hitting 2/3 shots. Put a limit to the number of tiems you can redeploy. Make it only from manmade structures. Something to not make it an easy out of every fight.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I've warmed up to redeploy but it definitely needs balancing.
- Destructible gliders
- Only glide off user placed pieces.
- Landing animation leaves you vulnerable for a second similar to shadow stone animation.

Oct 25, 2017
No shortage of hate on changes they make. Things haven't changed, at least on this side of the fence. I love that epic is willing to test and implement big changes.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Browsing through the Reddit thread real quick, since Epic employees are actually monitoring it

"It's a free game so I try not to be very critical. But man, I do not like this"
"Gliders redeployment belongs in 50s not every mode"
"This is not what I wanted to hear."
"Glider re-deploy takes so much away from the core game."
"Awesome, really excited to continue to have players run away from me in build fights."
"I have not been enjoying the game since this was added, I'm seriously considering quitting if it stays. The cube monsters are actually cool, but redepoly ruins the game on a core level in my opinion."
"Is this some hallowen joke from epic, where was the "positive" feedback for this?"
"Positive results? Show me those positive results please."
"this is awful. please make two separate modes or something."
"Glider redeploy is bad for the game. Stop adding movement specific utility. It was a healthy balance after the rifts was added."
"Oh fuck no please no. I can't stand getting glided on."

There are some in favor, but not many

"I'm loving all this added mobility tbh. My favorite spots are around the edges but that means I usually never encounter anyone :/ hopefully people start to spread out a bit more now that its permanent."
"It needs to stay. I remember playing for the first time and finding it so weird you couldn't re deploy it. This makes the map so much more dynamic."
"I'll give my honest criticism, the glider redeploy is really nice early game to get to certain rotations and to possibly grab more loot, but the late game is just too chaotic"
"I like this change, but I think you should be forced to pull a chute immediately so you are vunerable in the air."

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Browsing through the Reddit thread real quick, since Epic employees are actually monitoring it

"It's a free game so I try not to be very critical. But man, I do not like this"
"Gliders redeployment belongs in 50s not every mode"
"This is not what I wanted to hear."
"Glider re-deploy takes so much away from the core game."
"Awesome, really excited to continue to have players run away from me in build fights."
"I have not been enjoying the game since this was added, I'm seriously considering quitting if it stays. The cube monsters are actually cool, but redepoly ruins the game on a core level in my opinion."
"Is this some hallowen joke from epic, where was the "positive" feedback for this?"
"Positive results? Show me those positive results please."
"this is awful. please make two separate modes or something."
"Glider redeploy is bad for the game. Stop adding movement specific utility. It was a healthy balance after the rifts was added."
"Oh fuck no please no. I can't stand getting glided on."

There are some in favor, but not many

"I'm loving all this added mobility tbh. My favorite spots are around the edges but that means I usually never encounter anyone :/ hopefully people start to spread out a bit more now that its permanent."
"It needs to stay. I remember playing for the first time and finding it so weird you couldn't re deploy it. This makes the map so much more dynamic."
"I'll give my honest criticism, the glider redeploy is really nice early game to get to certain rotations and to possibly grab more loot, but the late game is just too chaotic"
"I like this change, but I think you should be forced to pull a chute immediately so you are vunerable in the air."

Maybe they could make it so glider redeployment ends late game?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
To be fair the biome, Ray's dialogue, and the Fortnitemares questline are all recycled content from last year's Fortnitemares, so for those of us who were playing last Halloween it's pretty much the same event with the Rat weapons being the only new content.
The stuff with Dire is all new though right? I remember doing all these dumb finding the new castles shit which was pure RNG hell, but Dire's stuff I don't remember.
There were a lot of really annoying quests last year like smashing the gnome houses and campfires I think. Maybe those are still to come since I'm on page 2 of the quests.

I really wish we'd see more unique biomes in BR too. Haunted should have a total overhaul to look like Hexylvania year round with more fall trees and stuff.

Glider Redeploy is ok but I think having a destructible one would be cool, or a significant cool down, like once per storm change. I was kind of assuming they wanted glider redeploy in for the addition of balloons which would float you up and then you can get popped but glide down?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I like redeploying, the idea behind it. But in invalidates so much of the game that it's a core issue IMO. Items like the Jump Pad and Vehicles are next to useless, building battles are useless due to easy disengage and no risk of fall damage and camping becomes a more widespread and valid strategy.

If they plan on keeping the feature in, I hope they're quick in balancing it. In it's current state it's no fun.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Glider Redeploy is ok but I think having a destructible one would be cool, or a significant cool down, like once per storm change. I was kind of assuming they wanted glider redeploy in for the addition of balloons which would float you up and then you can get popped but glide down?
What's the point of Balloons, when you can just build 50 wood worth of ramps and float around, anyway?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Wow, Ok. I didn't know that. I didn't pick up STW until earlier this year. They really made a quality event.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The stuff with Dire is all new though right? I remember doing all these dumb finding the new castles shit which was pure RNG hell, but Dire's stuff I don't remember.
There were a lot of really annoying quests last year like smashing the gnome houses and campfires I think. Maybe those are still to come since I'm on page 2 of the quests.

I really wish we'd see more unique biomes in BR too. Haunted should have a total overhaul to look like Hexylvania year round with more fall trees and stuff.
Yeah I think the couple Dire-related things are new, but then it just chucks you back into the "collect or destroy random Vlad-related stuff" questline from last year. At least I think it's the same stuff.

Also yeah would be awesome if Haunted Hills had Hexylvania biome stuff. The little forest it leads into with the old, worn, three-story shack could be all Hex biome.

Wow, Ok. I didn't know that. I didn't pick up STW until earlier this year. They really made a quality event.
I agree with you there! The biome is just awesome, I've been wanting back into it since last year's event.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what the functionality of balloons is going to be? Floating, moving structures or something?
Probably like a nerfed Jetpack, that starts weak and can get stronger as you collect more balloons.

All we know for sure is the in-game "Coming Soon" description, which was "Inflate balloons to defy gravity! Add balloons to increase your altitude!".

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, I don't believe a word of that glider redeploy update. I've seen so little positivity about the change compared to rafts of negativity and, moreover, there is no way their data will be able to differentiate between changes due to the glider redeploy and changes due to the Fortnitemares event. While I disagree with a lot of their decisions over the last few months, this one is absolutely mind boggling and worst of all they still haven't offered any justification for the change. I still don't know what they even want to achieve through this change. All I know is that I don't enjoy the game as much with it at all.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if they are keeping re-deploy in because people bought more glider skins because they can show them off more. Gliders take away a lot from the core game, no risk/reward anymore to building, makes jump pads obsolete, constant disengagements, map positioning pointless and you no longer have to give a shit about how far you are from the storm.

Basically a lot of the finer details to a BR game are lost.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I really hope that glider post isn't accurate. Another week, sure. In 50v50? All right. But please keep it out of solo/duo/squad.

I remember posting how much I enjoyed it when they first introduced the mode but I'm not a fan of it in every game type.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I do like the mobility of redeploy but it invalidates a lot of strategies.

They can continue with it but need to balance the rest of the game around it.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Glider re-deployment needs to go. It just makes the game worse in every aspect. It makes many items useless, it's unbalanced as all hell, it removes fall damage as any kind of threat (which alone should be enough of an argument against it due to all the implications that has), it makes escaping way too easy & compelling, there are zero negative sides to it etc.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are against re-deploy, are you pretty decent to very good at the game?

I love the re-deploy and hope it stays. Honestly I think I may be the minority here/on reddit, but still possibly the majority overall, because I'm extremely average at the game with a .8 or so kdr.

I think most people being vocal are vets of the game who are also better than most at the game, which isn't representative of the majority of actual Fortnite players.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The nice thing about Fortnite compared to other games is that if there is a poor balance patch you can expect the devs to respond to it within a week, and changes are frequent enough that we don't need to panic if something goes wrong.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
If you are against re-deploy, are you pretty decent to very good at the game?

I love the re-deploy and hope it stays. Honestly I think I may be the minority here/on reddit, but still possibly the majority overall, because I'm extremely average at the game with a .8 or so kdr.

I think most people being vocal are vets of the game who are also better than most at the game, which isn't representative of the majority of actual Fortnite players.
I can be ok at the best of times. And others I can be as shitty as n00bz when I choke.

It's just not a good game design decision from a balance POV. Endless flying just breaks almost every aspect of the game except shooting.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Which is already "broken" to begin with!
Not to this degree. Endless glider makes many items completely useless, has absolutely no down sides to it (you don't need to waste item slots, you don't hear people using it until it's too late, makes build battles a joke when there is no fall damage and due to ease of escaping), flying sounds can often be bugged as he'll.

The game has hardly been this broken before. Some singular weapons/items have been a tad unbalanced but otherwise all kinds of weapons and tactics were viable or a single thing didn't make so many things unviable at once.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, do not like the glider redeploy change sticking. Dying from fall damage should always be a threat. When it comes to allowing movement through the map, they've added so many items and things in last two seasons to do that so I don't see why this is neccessary. I could see it working if they balanced it by making it an item pickup or something, like an item that takes up an inventory slot but allows you to redeploy your glider like now so you can escape build fights easy.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, do not like the glider redeploy change sticking. Dying from fall damage should always be a threat. When it comes to allowing movement through the map, they've added so many items and things in last two seasons to do that so I don't see why this is neccessary. I could see it working if they balanced it by making it an item pickup or something, like an item that takes up an inventory slot but allows you to redeploy your glider like now so you can escape build fights easy.

Agreed, and the thing about other mobility items were that they were limited or took up item slots. There was always an element of strategy in deciding when to use them.

With gliders it's instant and unlimited. It's brainless and takes away from skill expression.

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell are the gargoyles in Fortnitemares? Feels like I been too all the named locations and I haven't seen a single one yet

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Is Save the World supposed to be playable? I've now had the game disconnect and go back to the game mode selection twice within 5 minutes of starting the mode (second time I didn't even get out of the tutorial cave -_- ). How can this shit still be this buggy?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally found a purple heavy sniper rifle in disco domination and preceded to rack up 1800+ points of damage with it. A headshot does 375.

So that clears, uh, week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.