• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Walmart is having a fortnite dance party event on the 2nd. Show your moves and get an in game spray
It's probably some Wal-Mart logo marketing thing. Hard pass.

Ah ok... but doesn't that make the exploration / gathering / building part of the game a bit redundant?

So basically I need to look at the map, sprint to the middle and fight it out?
You need to spend your time wisely, so don't dawdle getting supplies and weapons. Grab stuff, keep an eye on the storm timers, then hustle. Sometimes you get lucky and land near or in the edge of the storm, other times you gotta run like heck (or grab a vehicle) and work with whatever you can.

And remember, the goal is to be the last person (or Duo/team) surviving. Hiding in a safe spot and jumping out at the last second to ambush the other remaining survivor is just as valid a tactic as shooting everyone in a ten-mile radius, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I consider it a good game if I finish in the Top 5, even if I spend 90% of it hiding and slinking in the shadows.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Is the lack of 50v50 because the switch is trash? And can't handle it
I recall a dev on Reddit saying something about 50v50 stressing out the servers, which is why they've been experimenting with smaller team modes (32v32, 12v12, 20v20).

Probably had something to do with 100 players building ramps into the sky at the same time and safer drops meaning more players alive for longer doing more things. I know at one point, the storm would destroy builds outside of the circle, but I guess that wasn't a good enough solution.

Last edited:

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Got my first solo W in the last round of Winter Royales, 7 kills and 9 pts total. Will forever love that mode.

Also really glad for high explosives because there's no way I was getting those challenges done playing solo.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've had two different STW rounds where midway through the circle button simply stopped working. No building, no hoverboard.

Luckily both times my teammates picked up the slack and we still beat the objectives. It was really annoying.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"Pump Shotgun maximum damage increased from 80 / 85 to 95 / 100
  • Pump shotguns will do higher damage in shorter range buckets but damage falls off quicker. This means you'll do more damage to closer targets but less damage to farther targets."
This is a good change. If I can get up in your face and get a hit with a shotgun, it should do higher damage than it often does. But also good that it drops off quicker.

And bloody hell, I'm not seeing a fix to the audio issue with the ATV that is pretty much always present. Like, it happpens 100 times out of a 100, whenever someone else than me has used an ATV and left it somewhere. The game always plays the ATV driving sound even if no one is driving it anymore. It only stops if I hop on the ATV that someone else has used, otherwise it never stops. It's really irritating, especially when it happens near a place where you get into a fight in. The constant motor sounds just drown out everything else and it's fucking frustrating.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
And bloody hell, I'm not seeing a fix to the audio issue with the ATV that is pretty much always present. Like, it happpens 100 times out of a 100, whenever someone else than me has used an ATV and left it somewhere. The game always plays the ATV driving sound even if no one is driving it anymore. It only stops if I hop on the ATV that someone else has used, otherwise it never stops. It's really irritating, especially when it happens near a place where you get into a fight in. The constant motor sounds just drown out everything else and it's fucking frustrating.
The best solution right now is to just shoot the Quadcrasher once.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Idk but Fortnite has just gotten so boring lately. I'm not sure if it's the end of season blues or if the game is getting stale but I haven't had any real urge to play in a couple weeks.

Does anyone else get a glitch where your gun will shoot by itself immediately after switching from build mode to your gun? You can see it here in this clip right around the 30 seconds mark. It's been happening to me for months and Epic hasn't addressed it. It only stops when I click the right trigger again.

It's not the controller either because it's happened to me on 3 different controllers. I'm sure it's a latency thing but none the less it's annoying.

Last edited:

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
"Please note, gifting is not available on iOS devices because Apple's policies prohibit it."

Fortnite don't give a fuck I love it lololol

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Idk but Fortnite has just gotten so boring lately. I'm not sure if it's the end of season blues or if the game is getting stale but I haven't had any real urge to play in a couple weeks.

Does anyone else get a glitch where your gun will shoot by itself immediately after switching from build mode to your gun? You can see it here in this clip right around the 30 seconds mark. It's been happening to me for months and Epic hasn't addressed it. It only stops when I click the right trigger again.

It's not the controller either because it's happened to me on 3 different controllers. I'm sure it's a latency thing but none the less it's annoying.

Yes. This is a new problem. I've shot myself a couple of times with a rocket launcher because, even after switching to building, it decides to shoot a rocket when I press R2 and should be building a wall.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough action in Team Rumble. It's too hard to find people.

Soaring 50s > Team Terror > Disco Domination > Team Rumble > Food Fight, for me

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Ofc they throw in a Plankerton daily after adding Canny Valley missions in StW. Easy v bucks but ended up with other players waaay over leveled and just kinda sat there until the end.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That happened to me multiple times making myself get revealed for shooting. Dumb bug. And yes, I also feel much less urge to play Fortnite lately, and one of the reasons is that Epic doesn't seem sure about where to go with this game. Every week or two they add some new flying, teleporting, bouncing mechanisms (or zombies) that completely change the meta, only to revert half the stuff because it was dumb or fun for like 3 matches. In the meantime they still don't want to address shooting (Call Of Duty and Battlefield improved their drastically for this year's games, for example), they know building spam is not how they intended the game to work but are afraid to put a cooldown or something on them to avoid pissing off streamers, and they keep unlocking systems (both in BR and STW) that rely heavily on grinding and unusual strategies, which ends in STW rounds where people go for objectives instead of defending the base or BR matches where 80 people die within the first circle because some stupid challenge pushes them towards places like Tilted.

I play and played many other BR games and in none the point is get spectacular killstreaks or find midgets and shit, it's always surviving 'till the end which is a tactical thing. When you have a billion ways to build instant cover or fly/teleport/bounce away from any encounter it becomes a twitch shooter, which is not something I dislike (I grew up on Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, etc.), but literally the opposite of what a BR should be. I have plenty of wins in Fortnite BR compared to, say, COD's Blackout or PUBG, but any victory in the latter two felt infinitely more satisfying and tense than Fortnite. I really hope they decide to make this game resemble the BR experience more in the future, at the risk of pissing off their streamers and Twitch fanbase. But that's just me I guess, the game is one of the biggest ones on the planet so people clearly enjoy it.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since season 7 will mostly be christmas themed skins, I hope we get a dope reindeer with different color noses, or a SANTA

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The legendary pump is so broken, it not only knocks you but leaves you with 40 health down.

And the glider redeployment oof that speed makes it a mistake to use it

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
That happened to me multiple times making myself get revealed for shooting. Dumb bug. And yes, I also feel much less urge to play Fortnite lately, and one of the reasons is that Epic doesn't seem sure about where to go with this game. Every week or two they add some new flying, teleporting, bouncing mechanisms (or zombies) that completely change the meta, only to revert half the stuff because it was dumb or fun for like 3 matches. In the meantime they still don't want to address shooting (Call Of Duty and Battlefield improved their drastically for this year's games, for example), they know building spam is not how they intended the game to work but are afraid to put a cooldown or something on them to avoid pissing off streamers, and they keep unlocking systems (both in BR and STW) that rely heavily on grinding and unusual strategies, which ends in STW rounds where people go for objectives instead of defending the base or BR matches where 80 people die within the first circle because some stupid challenge pushes them towards places like Tilted.

I play and played many other BR games and in none the point is get spectacular killstreaks or find midgets and shit, it's always surviving 'till the end which is a tactical thing. When you have a billion ways to build instant cover or fly/teleport/bounce away from any encounter it becomes a twitch shooter, which is not something I dislike (I grew up on Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, etc.), but literally the opposite of what a BR should be. I have plenty of wins in Fortnite BR compared to, say, COD's Blackout or PUBG, but any victory in the latter two felt infinitely more satisfying and tense than Fortnite. I really hope they decide to make this game resemble the BR experience more in the future, at the risk of pissing off their streamers and Twitch fanbase. But that's just me I guess, the game is one of the biggest ones on the planet so people clearly enjoy it.
I agree completely with the first part of your post. Epic should really slow down with adding a new item each week and really work on making the sandbox balanced and less redundant, after all sometimes less is more.
The second half, I can't agree with and this comes from someone with a similar background in gaming. When I win a game in Blackout or PUBG, it almost always feels like I got lucky due to circle rotation, loot RNG, etc. In Fortnite you also have some of that luck factor but I do feel like I win mostly due to my skill and decision making which I appreciate. I'm sure ill be getting back into Fortnite when season 7 drops but for now i'm sort of done for the rest of the season.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I prefer the new item each week style. I don't really give a damn about balancing only updates. I only keep playing because the game is constantly changing, good or bad.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Since season 7 will mostly be Christmas themed skins, I hope we get a dope reindeer with different color noses, or a SANTA
Pretty sure there was a Ramirez one last year, Red Nose Raider. I really hope they bring her back after being super upset about Ghoul Trooper not returning. The only Halloween one I really wanted ;-;
Hopefully Red Nose Raider will come to STW too; I don't think we got ANY of the BR Christmas skins for STW. We just got Sara Claus, a Santa-ish Kyle and then two random ski people.

Finally finished this week's challenges too. Grenade Launcher really needs to be vaulted. I don't think anyone bothers to use it any more because of the crazy ass "bouncing" of the grenades means you'll almost never get a single person unless you're shooting into a big crowd. Grenades in General I don't think are that useful, especially with Dynamite having a much bigger range/more destruction. They should be vaulted and just keep the Clingers/Stink Bombs/Dynamite.

I'd like them to introduce a Clinger Launcher; make it look like one of the Looney Tunes bow/arrows and have it rapid fire like 3 clingers out at once.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm still waiting for them to add a dedicated equipment slot for Clingers, Stink bombs, grenades or dynamite. Would make them infinitely more useful and make people use them more often rather than only using them when they don't have anything better to use.

spyroflame0487 great idea about the clinger launcher, perhaps make it something like the Torque bow from Gears of War which is like a Crossbow/Grenade combo.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'm tier 89 - should i buy the discounted 10 tiers from the store or do you guys think i'll be able to hit 100 before the season ends without spending?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
i'm tier 89 - should i buy the discounted 10 tiers from the store or do you guys think i'll be able to hit 100 before the season ends without spending?
Have you completed all of your weekly challenges? Also what season level are you?
With next weeks challenges and the remaining dailies, you could earn roughly 8-9 tiers still, which would mean you would need to earn 20-30 battle stars (or 2-3 tiers) through leveling or worse comes to worst just buy the 2-3 remaining tiers for 300-450 vBucks.

Also, don't forget to get the hidden battle pass star tier for completing all of the weekly challenges for each week. Some weeks only grant a banner and not a tier so just be mindful of that.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Have you completed all of your weekly challenges? Also what season level are you?
With next weeks challenges and the remaining dailies, you could earn roughly 8-9 tiers still, which would mean you would need to earn 20-30 battle stars (or 2-3 tiers) through leveling or worse comes to worst just buy the 2-3 remaining tiers for 300-450 vBucks.

Also, don't forget to get the hidden battle pass star tier for completing all of the weekly challenges for each week. Some weeks only grant a banner and not a tier so just be mindful of that.
completed all challenges up to now, collected all banners/secret stars, have no dailies left to do currently. i'm level 64 and levelling up will get me to tier 90. just a bit worried if the week 10 challenges are doozies and i miss the opportunity to get the 10 tiers now, but on the other hand it'd be nice to make it to 100 without having to spend 600 vbucks.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
completed all challenges up to now, collected all banners/secret stars, have no dailies left to do currently. i'm level 64 and levelling up will get me to tier 90. just a bit worried if the week 10 challenges are doozies and i miss the opportunity to get the 10 tiers now, but on the other hand it'd be nice to make it to 100 without having to spend 600 vbucks.
I'd imagine that the tiers will still be on sale tomorrow so i'd wait to see what they are before buying them.
I always do the math:
10 BP tiers = 100 Battlestars
There are 7 daily challenges remaining in the season: (7) x 5 stars = 35 stars
Weekly challenges = 50 stars

Even if you only complete 35/50 for the weekly challenges you'd still only need 30 battlestars which would be 450 vBucks and cheaper than the 600. If you can manage to get to level 70 you'd only need 12 more stars to be 100.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't las week only 15 stars with 2 challenges, or did they update that?

You have to think also of the EXP multiplier they will probably activate this weekend.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
This week will be easy compared to last week

9Q56Vor.jpg

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Those challenges do look pretty easy.

I finished this week's challenge as soon as the High Explosives LTE came out. I needed one match for my grenade launcher damage and a second match for my rocket damage. Three kills with either was no problem at all.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Those challenges do look pretty easy.

I finished this week's challenge as soon as the High Explosives LTE came out. I needed one match for my grenade launcher damage and a second match for my rocket damage. Three kills with either was no problem at all.
I spent like an hour dropping Tilted over and over again in High Explosives and just spamming grenades into buildings until I got the 100 damage, lol. It's got to be the worst grenade launcher I've ever used in a shooter before, shit is so random.

Finally finished this week's challenges too. Grenade Launcher really needs to be vaulted. I don't think anyone bothers to use it any more because of the crazy ass "bouncing" of the grenades means you'll almost never get a single person unless you're shooting into a big crowd. Grenades in General I don't think are that useful, especially with Dynamite having a much bigger range/more destruction. They should be vaulted and just keep the Clingers/Stink Bombs/Dynamite.
Definitely. In a game that already has a regular RPG and the god damn Quad Launcher, the regular grenade launcher is too unwieldy. They should at least explode on impact if they hit a player. Instead the grenade just lands at their feet, bounces away a little bit, and they can easily just walk away from it.

It's funny to me that they made 100 damage with Grenade Launcher the 2nd stage of the challenge, and the 3rd and final stage was 100 damage with a Rocket Launcher, like that's supposed to be more difficult.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I spent like an hour dropping Tilted over and over again in High Explosives and just spamming grenades into buildings until I got the 100 damage, lol. It's got to be the worst grenade launcher I've ever used in a shooter before, shit is so random.

Definitely. In a game that already has a regular RPG and the god damn Quad Launcher, the regular grenade launcher is too unwieldy. They should at least explode on impact if they hit a player. Instead the grenade just lands at their feet, bounces away a little bit, and they can easily just walk away from it.

It's funny to me that they made 100 damage with Grenade Launcher the 2nd stage of the challenge, and the 3rd and final stage was 100 damage with a Rocket Launcher, like that's supposed to be more difficult.

If you find the range on the GL, it feels like it brings inescapable death. The shells all explode on a timer and they have a high rate of fire, a large radius, and they'll explode in mid-air if you time it right.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
If you find the range on the GL, it feels like it brings inescapable death. The shells all explode on a timer and they have a high rate of fire, a large radius, and they'll explode in mid-air if you time it right.
Seems like too much of a niche skill, like the kind of thing you would start refining once you've mastered the basics. Any time I would spend practicing the Grenade Launcher would just feel like time wasted that could be better spent on building in Playgrounds or something. I'd much rather spend the time on Shotgun flicks or SMG tracking or something like that, more generally applicable skills.

If it was the only explosive weapon in the game, I could see the value in mastering it, but as it is I just kind of see it as a "I wasn't lucky enough to find a real RPG, so I'm carrying this thing around instead" weapon.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Seems like too much of a niche skill, like the kind of thing you would start refining once you've mastered the basics. Any time I would spend practicing the Grenade Launcher would just feel like time wasted that could be better spent on building in Playgrounds or something. I'd much rather spend the time on Shotgun flicks or SMG tracking or something like that, more generally applicable skills.

Yeah, I agree. It doesn't help that finding a grenade launcher is extremely rare to begin with. Without the LTE I only picked up one all week.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I like the changes to redeploy.

Also, if S7 is indeed Christmas themed it's an insta buy for me

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine that the tiers will still be on sale tomorrow so i'd wait to see what they are before buying them.
I always do the math:
10 BP tiers = 100 Battlestars
There are 7 daily challenges remaining in the season: (7) x 5 stars = 35 stars
Weekly challenges = 50 stars

Even if you only complete 35/50 for the weekly challenges you'd still only need 30 battlestars which would be 450 vBucks and cheaper than the 600. If you can manage to get to level 70 you'd only need 12 more stars to be 100.
but theres gonna be that super XP boost this weekend and the XP he gets in general for doing the challenges etc

Status
Not open for further replies.