• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Week 2 Challenges

The Dance-Off place is the mansion that used to be the old superhero hideout on the far East edge of the map between Lonely and Paradise.

ntPukSW.jpg

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seething hot take: I haven't played since the update but the sword is fucking fantastic and I love that it's in the Winter Royale. Fuck turtling :)

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the sword will pop up in a weekly challenge since it would basically mean it's staying in for the season.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
had my first experience with a proper toxic player tonight during a squads match. 3 of us had markers down at junk junction, this dude wanted to land at tilted (of course) and then last second decided to try and go for the infinity blade. of course he didn't get it, but when we landed at junk instead of making a shite attempt at the blade like him he started calling us cunts and all sorts whilst mocking our voices. the 3 of us got killed by another squad but this other guy managed to survive, so of course he was laying this shit on thick through the mic. from the way he was shit-talking this dude thought he was fucking ninja or something - which made it funny when he got killed pretty soon after and screamed down the mic.

i guess me and my mates have had pretty good luck when filling with randoms so we were totally unprepared for all that toxic shit - our only reaction was to start laughing in disbelief (which, of course, he tried to mock too). why the fuck are people like this online haha

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Seething hot take: I haven't played since the update but the sword is fucking fantastic and I love that it's in the Winter Royale. Fuck turtling :)
Funny that you complain about turtlers when the Sword is far more overpowered and it's easy to just chicken away with the jump attack since it jumps so far so quickly and doesn't have any kind of cool down. Someone can just jump endlessly if the situation turns against them. A few hops and they are hundreds of meters away from people posing a threat to them.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Funny that you complain about turtlers when the Sword is far more overpowered and it's easy to just chicken away with the jump attack since it jumps so far so quickly and doesn't have any kind of cool down. Someone can just jump endlessly if the situation turns against them. A few hops and they are hundreds of meters away from people posing a threat to them.
Someone in duos had the sword and fucking turtled.

Me and my mate still won, we let the final duo fight him then finished him off when he was weakened

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
20 people alive before the first circle closes because everyone bumrushes the sword.

Seriously Epic. What the fuck.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
My almost 7 year old PC died tonight, so I downloaded the PS4 version to play for a few days while I wait for new parts to come in.

Just trying to decide if I want to learn how to play on controller for a few days or just plug in M/KB and play against PC players.

At least when I get my new PC it will be able to lock 144fps.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait for the nerfs, I guess. Seems to be Epic's strategy for a while now. Introduce OP item, vehicle, weapon and nerf it in the following weeks. Turret, Double barrel, plane. Probably more.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, ended tonight with a nicer team rumble match. Got 7 kills, including a player using a turret who was on a player made structure, but was completely open from behind, so I killed them point blank lol.

Also ended up finishing multiple challenges from this match, so I must have gotten like 6-7 tiers in one go. XD I just need to wrap up on the dance stuff for week 1.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Someone in duos had the sword and fucking turtled.

Me and my mate still won, we let the final duo fight him then finished him off when he was weakened
Then there's that too, yeah. Sword users can turtle and people against a sword user have a harder time putting up any kind of defenses. The jump shouldn't be such a huge leap, more like an anime style fast ninja-lunge straight forward for a few meters. Maybe a Save the World like double jump could be given to the player with the sword to give them a bit more extra agility to combat the lack of guns but that jump attack is just ridonculous.

41 kills in Team Rumble

hDxIKEZ.png
May I just say what in the actual fuck. :O Even in my best games when I don't die or die only once or twice and I'm in the center of the action, I've at best managed something like 14 or 15 kills. Even if we take some instances where I do the most damage to someone and then someone steals my kill, I doubt that number would be much more than 20-25. I just can't either find people fast enough to get any more kills, or some kills take such a long time or other people keep killing ones that I try to get to before I get there that reaching 41 kills is impossible. :S

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally managed to get my first solo win for the season (playing mostly sqauds so far) and it was all thanks to the sword.

Was about 6 people left, one guy had the sword and came to attack me. I'm building like crazy and dropping off a cliff to get away. This distracts him enough to work so he goes after others.

Ends up just three of us and I avoid his attacks again and at the end he charges me, I kill him and the last person is jumping down next to me to finish me off so I grab the sword and kill him.

Honestly, I don't have a big problem with the sword. It's weaker then Thanos was and all close range so you can pick them off from afar.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't have a big problem with the sword. It's weaker then Thanos was and all close range so you can pick them off from afar.
Say that when the sword user keeps fucking jumping away like a coward or when you are having a build battle with someone and then they come and hit your buildings down with a few swings of the sword and then you have nothing to protect yourself against them.

"picking them off from afar" isn't as easy as you make it sound, unless you have insane luck with sniping or ungodly sniping skills or something. At least with a controller, getting more than a couple hits with an assault rifle was really hard. The leap is really fast & far-reaching and they can also build shelter, so they can be just as protected approaching you as any other players.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Say that when the sword user keeps fucking jumping away like a coward or when you are having a build battle with someone and then they come and hit your buildings down with a few swings of the sword and then you have nothing to protect yourself against them.

"picking them off from afar" isn't as easy as you make it sound, unless you have insane luck with sniping or ungodly sniping skills or something. At least with a controller, getting more than a couple hits with an assault rifle was really hard. The leap is really fast & far-reaching and they can also build shelter, so they can be just as protected approaching you as any other players.
Honestly i find it like it was with Thanos, chances are im not the only person going to be attacking the sword user so you get some damage done from afar and if they charge you, you just blast them with everything you have.

Only real time i have had major issues with them is in a duo match where i had both team members attacking me.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The planes are awesome and while I haven't tried the sword, the more goofy shit they add the more fun I have.

People playing Fortnite to treat it like some super competitive, skill-based game would be better suited to PUBG at this point. Sure Fortnite BR might've been like that at some point, but it's obviously not what they're going for so much now. For me it's a perfect blend of arcadey craziness and competitive gameplay.

Keep the planes and sword in, and redeploy should've been kept too YEAH I SAID IT.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried this yet? I'm curious if it has zombie enemies on the map and do you have to gather resources? I hope so I could really get into this if it was collect, build, and fight. Over building my base in Save the World is really the only part of the game I have really enjoyed.
No, its just a build mode where you're creative and build whatever you like, like mazes etc

what you're describing is save the world mode

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
No, its just a build mode where you're creative and build whatever you like, like mazes etc

what you're describing is save the world mode
Save the World isn't persistent though. You take missions build your stuff fight off the zombies and then leave. You have your main base, but you can't go and wonder about farming recourses and build. You have to do missions and bring back your extra scraps to build with.

When this was announced I had hoped it would be an area that played slightly like minecraft. I'll still check this out I like building stuff.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
May I just say what in the actual fuck. :O Even in my best games when I don't die or die only once or twice and I'm in the center of the action, I've at best managed something like 14 or 15 kills. Even if we take some instances where I do the most damage to someone and then someone steals my kill, I doubt that number would be much more than 20-25. I just can't either find people fast enough to get any more kills, or some kills take such a long time or other people keep killing ones that I try to get to before I get there that reaching 41 kills is impossible. :S
I was literally shooting people out of the air as they respawned. My average is usually like 25, so it was a bit lucky of a game to even see that many players.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I did but even then assholes came and wrecked the party. Took 2 matches to get it done

As always, these challenges that have nothing to do with how the game is supposed to be played, continue to be the worst challenges in this game. They are just straight up stupid and I would absolutely take alternative challenges instead. They can be harder, for all I care, but just let them have some relation to the game...

Oct 25, 2017
My almost 7 year old PC died tonight, so I downloaded the PS4 version to play for a few days while I wait for new parts to come in.

Just trying to decide if I want to learn how to play on controller for a few days or just plug in M/KB and play against PC players.

At least when I get my new PC it will be able to lock 144fps.
What gpu are you getting

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really played this week especially since the sword update, but I've spend about 8 hours making a map in creative mode. Its really incredible what you can build, especially since I built it 90 percent on the couch with just my iPad.

I made a map 22x22, which is basically a bigger 8 vs 8 version of Midship from Halo 2 with an aesthetic closer to the Pit map. I wasn't sure if people would like it but I just tested it with 5 others and it already was a lot of fun and all but one didn't want to stop playing to go back to the normal mode. There's no building and you receive your weapons at the start, so it's very Halo/COD'ish with shields and slurps spread across the map. I might post it on Reddit to see if others like it and to see if I can get one of those codes to share it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They've said more Mythical (the Sword) weapons are coming, the subreddit is ripping EPIC a new one.
It's pretty much killed any interest I have in playing the regular modes, more of that shit and I'm probably done with Fortnite. It's not fun to play against or imo fun to play with and if end game just becomes using shit like that I'm good, not wasting my time.

Now as a LTM with multiple Mythical weapons? That could be a fun little mode.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They've said more Mythical (the Sword) weapons are coming, the subreddit is ripping EPIC a new one.
It's pretty much killed any interest I have in playing the regular modes, more of that shit and I'm probably done with Fortnite. It's not fun to play against or imo fun to play with and if end game just becomes using shit like that I'm good, not wasting my time.

Now as a LTM with multiple Mythical weapons? That could be a fun little mode.

Yeah, not surprised at the blowback. I get that they don't really want things to stagnate too much, but I personally don't think I've ever groaned so often in a game by seeing the constant popups of new items being added. There's so many things being added too frequently at this point, and they seem to be missing more than they're hitting. If this is an example of a Mythic item then every single time one gets added the entire game is disrupted by its mere presence...that's already gotten old and it's just the first one.

Atleast it got nerfed to not let you farm and build. Considering the similarities the sword already had to Thanos I have no idea why you ever were able to build in the first place with it.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping the Blade would stick around for a lil bit and then things would go back to normal, but they plan on adding MORE shit like this in the future???

Epic pls

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity Blade wielders being able to build was not my issue, rather the extreme mobility. Hoping to see that altered in a future update.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely hilarious that they added a sword into the game when I've been asking for it since May.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I think the infinity sword kinda works ok in Team Rumble where you can have respawns and a group of people shooting at you at the same time, but this really doesn't belong in normal modes.

I'm just glad I got my victory royales for this season before this came out. There's no way I would have won with this in.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They should have it in Team Rumble, and then have a seperate mode for it.

Don't put it into duos, squads etc for fucks sake, even if our last two wins were against a sword wielder

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fortnite management has always been Ouroboros loop of ups and downs, but that announcement may as well be a straw that breaks the camel's back.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I encountered a weird glitch with the damn sword. I couldn't attack with it at all but every single destructible item in the world was destroyed by me just running into it. It was really weird and unfortunate

Status
Not open for further replies.