• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Having a lot of fun with Season Seven. I'm finding my interest goes pretty hard for a season, season and a half, then drops off. I played a bunch of Seasons Two, Three, Five and now Seven.

Also put about six hours last night into Creative, and that was a lot of fun. Now to master memory usage/map and see what's within the realm of possibility. My prefab exploded dreamscape neighborhood turned out pretty good but I need to trim and open it for bidness.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Just played for a few hours, Boombox sucks. It makes annoying sounds and has an annoying effect on the game.

I'm hoping like it's just a thing to celebrate New Year's, because I know there's some kind of event with a ball dropping or some shit that's supposed to happen. This is why tonight's new skin is Disco Diva^ and the Funk Ops pack is on sale.

Last edited:

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Confession time : I've been farming a shit ton of evolution materials in Frostnite by looting level 6 chests / safes and then leaving. And of course I set my game to private mode so I don't fuck anyone over by leaving.

I got a lot of materials tho.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Bet I know what tomorrow's reward is with all of the Fortnite Fever on the store heh. I rather resist, but Disco Diva is looking quite good!

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Sign me up for the "fuck ziplines" club

3 people left, I get near the edge of one of those sheer cliffs in the ice region preparing to build down, and a zipline above me just grabs me unexpectedly then immediately drops me to my death

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw a 2019 fireworks display in game. Scared the crap out of me.

Try to play a game on the hour. I saw mine at 3pm Paris time.

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw a 2019 fireworks display in game. Scared the crap out of me.

Try to play a game on the hour. I saw mine at 3pm Paris time.

Saw it at 12pm GMT. Had no idea that was in the game so I was suuuuper confused.
Cool though, though I imagine if you're 1v1 as the last 2 it might be less appealing.

Today's 14 days challenge is nice and easy for a decent little reward too.

Oct 27, 2017
this has probably been answered a hundred times, and i apologize in advance, but is it safe to now link my PS4 account to my epic account? I've got my Xbox/PC/iOS/Switch all connected with no problems with my items appearing on each platform. I know there was issues with linking PS4 account, but not sure if that has been cleared up.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
this has probably been answered a hundred times, and i apologize in advance, but is it safe to now link my PS4 account to my epic account? I've got my Xbox/PC/iOS/Switch all connected with no problems with my items appearing on each platform. I know there was issues with linking PS4 account, but not sure if that has been cleared up.
It's safe, though if the PS4 account has stuff on it you'll have to wait until the Account Merge system is up early next year.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really loving the boombox. Of course, I've always played a ground game during build fights. Not that I can't outbuild mofos, but it's just the safe route. Make them come to me where I'm at an advantage.

c0ld

May 13, 2018
It is safe, I have my switch and ps4 both linked to my epic account and I am able to share items

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The reward for tomorrow's 14 Days of Fortnite challenge will be this glider for searching 14 Chests:

9CvoNtA.png

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ninja's NYE stream is live. He's playing with tim, lupo, and jd.

I'm still mind fucked how big of a celebrity Ninja is now because of a single game. These dudes are living the life. lol

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Is Airheart worth wasting 2800 gold on in STW? I only have one other legendary constructor (the Friday the 13th dude)

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
FINALLY got my first Singles win. 7 kills, too! Was literally playing at 100% capacity lmao. Went in to get 3 kills at Pleasant with 2 being SMG kills, got 4 CLEAN kills and realized I had a shot. Turns out I did indeed have a shot... MAN I feel great!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Played a few rounds of PUBG for the first time in a while, and it was a good reminder of how poor Fortnite's positional audio and general sound mix is. I always knew exactly where sounds were coming from, I could easily tell the difference between opponents and myself, etc. Fortnite has gotten better over the last year, but it still has a ways to go.

Hopefully they fix the Frozen Axe soon so it's not twice as loud as the other harvesting tools. It's like they mix this game by adjusting volume sliders lol

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Right-peek advantage pisses me off so fucking much in a game where shotguns can do 200 damage. It infuriates me when I die from it and it feels cheap and unfair when I get kills from it. People complain about bloom, but I think it's one of the biggest problems with this game.

I just got third place in a winnable game because this dude popped out from the left-side of a tree and put a pump shot in my head before I could even see him, so I'm a bit salty. I would have had a more fair chance of defending against a guy with 2 RPGs.

Last edited:

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
Is Airheart worth wasting 2800 gold on in STW? I only have one other legendary constructor (the Friday the 13th dude)

Only If you don't have Krampus who'll have a leg up over her once the holiday heroes receive their unique perks after the hero rework. Many dislike the turret due the way the low uptime, another issues is people building around it/stealing it in public games

Whitesushi goes more indepth here https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/a1hw5f/quick_math_behind_airheart/

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Right-peek advantage pisses me off so fucking much in a game where shotguns can do 200 damage. It infuriates me when I die from it and it feels cheap and unfair when I get kills from it. People complain about bloom, but I think it's one of the biggest problems with this game.

I just got third place in a winnable game because this dude popped out from the left-side of a tree and put a pump shot in my head before I could even see him, so I'm a bit salty. I would have had a more fair chance of defending against a guy with 2 RPGs.
Not being able to switch shoulders in a 3rd person shooter is freakin wack.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, not being able to shoulder switch in a competitive shooter in (now) 2019 is pretty goddamn crazy.
Speaking of, watching the ball drop was pretty fun.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo... I don't know what happened, but suddenly some weird beats/music started playing and I just spontaneously started dancing the boogie bomb dance in one of last night's games. o_O

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Sooo... I don't know what happened, but suddenly some weird beats/music started playing and I just spontaneously started dancing the boogie bomb dance in one of last night's games. o_O

New Year's celebration! You must have been playing on the hour (it's gotta be midnight somewhere in the world!). If you were looking up you would have seen fireworks.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good advice for most Fortnite players

She right tho, I run into so many people where I just have to ask "Did that person even know this game has guns in it?"

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamnit! I was on fire, got 5 kills, 2 of which were in a row. There was just me and another guy left. I got out my rocket launcher to take him down... and I blew myself up.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit! I was on fire, got 5 kills, 2 of which were in a row. There was just me and another guy left. I got out my rocket launcher to take him down... and I blew myself up.
My most embarrassing 2nd place finish was P90ing the third place guy and then ducking into one of those little huts in Wailing Woods to drink mini pots and he had put a trap on the roof of it. The only reason there would be a trap there was for exactly what happened, the guy had no plans of winning and was just hoping for the guy that killed him to try to heal in there afterwards. And I did. Even as I was walking in, I had the split second thought of "There wouldn't be a trap in here for no reason, would there?" and then *KACHINK*. Lesson learned: Build my own 1x1 to heal in, instead of using prebuilt structures that could be trapped, even if it would make no logical sense for a trap to be there.

The winner was a default hiding behind a tree with 0 kills, I didn't bother to look up if it was his first win or not, but it probably was. I imagine the look on his face when the Victory Royale popped was just like "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut".

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like making a new thread on the main board about Fortnite on the Switch is becoming a Hot Mess of a game. There are so many bugs happening it's not funny and too many software closing moments. It feels like Epic Games have given up on fixing any of the problems and becoming tone deaf.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Took me way longer than I wanted to get a Victory Royale in 2019. I was hoping that I'd be facing a bunch of drunk adults coming home from their New Year's.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like making a new thread on the main board about Fortnite on the Switch is becoming a Hot Mess of a game. There are so many bugs happening it's not funny and too many software closing moments. It feels like Epic Games have given up on fixing any of the problems and becoming tone deaf.

I can give them a break for certain things like performance which can be very demanding at times and perhaps the Switch is just not up to snuff. But some of the bugs are rather baffling. Like the music suddenly disappearing in the lobby, or how Gyro controls are reversed when you take the joysticks off the switch or use a pro controller.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Did you finish the Canny storyline?

I'm curious what the reward for finishing in 2018 is going to be. I only just finished the second act because I've been so busy grinding to 350,000 XP in Battle Royale.

Finishing act 2 gets you shock trooper Carlos legendary hero and act 3 gets you steel wool anothony and the free storm king pin that they will eventually mail out. But you have to finish the storm king mission before tonight at midnight to get the free pin

Status
Not open for further replies.