• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Here is your Snowfall skin (the one you unlock doing 60 challenges):
The-Prisoner-Snowfall-Challenge-Skin.jpg

He's looking to have 4 different stages and theories have it he's supposed to be a fire counterpart to the Ice King, so assuming he'll get lit up eventually

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's a pretty ugly skin, but I kinda like it.

Also, the only SMG is the P90 now or are they adding another? Because eh, I prefer the other one more.
Edit: Oh they are bring back the Silenced? Great, my overall favorite SMG.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Bolt-Action has been outpaced by Silenced/Heavy for awhile now, to have 3 similar snipers is meaningless.
Heavy Shotgun is by far the worst ever since the introduction of the Epic/Legendary Pump and Shotgun rework. Better Vault and come back to it some day
Burst Rifle...well, noone wants one of those. Not sure about vaulting it, but most players avoid it like the plague anyway
SMG is being replaced by Silenced, so that's fine.

They're logical choices to me. At least he Scoped Rifle offers something more unique and between AR / Snipers. But this is all just IMO of course.
Heavy shotgun > pump due to the absolutely ridiculous drop in damage with a pump if you're more than 5 meters away.

Burst rifles are one of the deadliest weapons in the game, especially the epic & legendary kind. It's cool that silenced SMG is back but I'd like an alternative between loud & more damaging vs. silenced & weaker.

Scoped rifle offers absolutely nothing to the game, especially when thermal scoped AR exists.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Heavy shotgun > pump due to the absolutely ridiculous drop in damage with a pump if you're more than 5 meters away.

Burst rifles are one of the deadliest weapons in the game, especially the epic & legendary kind. It's cool that silenced SMG is back but I'd like an alternative between loud & more damaging vs. silenced & weaker.

Scoped rifle offers absolutely nothing to the game, especially when thermal scoped AR exists.
If you're further away, don't use a shotgun. Pump vastly outclasses Heavy in every other way.
I know Bursts are deadly, also unrealiable with a fairly low rate of fair. Normal AR >>> Burst most of the time in my experience, although that doesn't warrant vaulting it of course (which is what I said).

Scoped has a higher rate of fire, lower recoil and higher droprate than Thermal (are they still here? Haven't found one in a week or so). I wouldn't miss them and I can see them get vaulted, but eh. They're still here.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Switch players rejoice!

GZKoZ5e.jpg

Noice! I hope this helps with docked mode!

BTW, dumb question, but is there anyway to have 2 different controller presets to quickly chose between in the Switch version? I find that the sensitivity of the motion controls always need to be adjusted when switching between the joycons and the Pro controller.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I like the Heavy Shotgun. Was doing some good stuff with it last night in Team Rumble. Can't do diddly with a Burst AR, though.
BTW, dumb question, but is there anyway to have 2 different controller presets to quickly chose between in the Switch version? I find that the sensitivity of the motion controls always need to be adjusted when switching between the joycons and the Pro controller.
Unfortunately no.

And the Snowfall skin is ugly, period.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The gun balanced continues to show that epic has no idea what to do and just wants to keep user engagement as high as possible.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The gun balanced continues to show that epic has no idea what to do and just wants to keep user engagement as high as possible.
I wouldn't say gun balancing is the issue more so weapon redundancy is an issue. We always tend to have too many guns that serve the same function and end being underused or unnecessary.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
What guns are unbalanced IYO?
It's more that they just keep adding stuff without thought on whether or not it fits. Like, who tf wanted a chiller bomb when the status they inflict is worthless 99% of the time? Same with snowman. Why add this instead of just replacing the bush temporarily? Why have a scoped AR when a regular AR outperforms it and has better general purpose? Why have a heavy AR when the scar does everything it does but better? Why did we get higher rarity shotguns when the normal shotguns did enough damage as is? Why add the sixshooter when it's just a really bad version of a grey pistol, etc. They just keep adding things whose purpose is already satisfied, or already has a weapon that does it better. All it does it pollute the loot pool with useless shit. It's just gimmicky shit which serves no other purpose than to get people to come back, try it out once, and hopefully spend money on the daily store.

Also, the nerfs to movement options was pretty dumb.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Maybe it's the placebo effect, but the latest update seems to have noticeably better performance on the Switch, at least for me. Anyone else?

Oct 25, 2017
They could of at least vault the grey tac and bring back the purple one.

I'm waiting for them to add the AA-12 and the machine pistol.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I love the heavy, but I have the best luck with the silenced AR. I think the shot pattern for it is the narrowest.
I do prefer the consistency of the bloom more on the silenced scar more than the heavy and will occasionally go for that when i feel like my aim is off or in squads since it's harder to get off multiple heavy shots without getting pinged.

Overall though it's still Heavy > Silenced > Scar. I typically have a deagle as a build destroyer as well when I have the Heavy since it's fire rate is so low.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
AK + Pump + Deagle is a great combo and 1 of my favorites, you can throw in a SMG too if you don't like not having a follow up, but the Deagle or AK are pretty good options once you get the hang of them in close range. I do kinda have to be in a certain mood to use the AK though, as sometimes I just wanna spray.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
AK vs. Scar comes down to what the rest of my items look like. I'll drop an AK for a Scar if I already have a sniper rifle, for example. But if I'm rocking a P90 or Deagle and have no sniper, AK over Scar makes more sense.

I'll take a blue AR over a blue AK regardless though. Blue AK has done me wrong so many times.

CoffeeThyme

Oct 29, 2018
This new grenade is going to be too overpowered in the last circle scenario.
How are you going to combat someone spamming this on you and push you out out the circle?

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
LOL they removed caches from chests in Frostnite, which I suppose was due to the fact you could farm them without even having to start the first wave. Glad I stocked up already.

Edit : players now get a message when another player discovers a storm chest. Better late than never I guess

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The Marshmello concert leaks actually sound really cool, even if I don't care about Marshmello. There will be a concert in Pleasant Park on Saturday, and apparently it will be an LTM with respawns enabled and its own set of special challenges.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
The Marshmello concert leaks actually sound really cool, even if I don't care about Marshmello. There will be a concert in Pleasant Park on Saturday, and apparently it will be an LTM with respawns enabled and its own set of special challenges.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I hope it's not super time limited since I work on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.