• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*sees you*
*spends 900 mats building stupid shit*
*gets killed because can't aim for shit anyway*
Yeah fuck tryhards alright

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone on PS4 want to knock out the top 10 in squads with friends challenge tonight? I will be on in like 2 hours. I need 2 more and am happy to help if you need more, or duos, or revivies (will knock myself). Basically I will whore myself to you for 2 squads top 10s lol.

Hell, if you just want to accept an Epic freind request and then load up a match and kill yourself I'll even take that and just hide until top 10 for all of us.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on PS4 want to knock out the top 10 in squads with friends challenge tonight? I will be on in like 2 hours. I need 2 more and am happy to help if you need more, or duos, or revivies (will knock myself). Basically I will whore myself to you for 2 squads top 10s lol.

Hell, if you just want to accept an Epic freind request and then load up a match and kill yourself I'll even take that and just hide until top 10 for all of us.

I'm on xbox but always after friends to add as my gaming times are all over the place.

My epic name is Konvict VIVIVI

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm gonna put in the effort to get the Prisoner, he's just another lame skin. None of the "complete several weeks worth of challenges" skins have really been any good.

They should start to flesh out some of the cool shit that happens on Battle Royale's side in Save The World. Make the two modes more connected that way & more rewarding for players + give a bit more unique content vs. just grinding the same environments with occasionally some fun-but-not-really-story-advancing banter as a reward for doing some repetitive tasks. Like, something that happens in STW causes the iceberg to crash into the island of the Battle Royale. And just what the fuck happened when that floating island episode ended.
It was so cool
seeing the cube (looked like it anyway) from BR when defeating the Storm King.
More of that would be welcome indeed. Most of all the game really needs an endgame I think though, the game just comes to a halt at Twine.

Something like that horde mode or Frostnite with different maps, locations and stuff could make pretty compelling endgame content. But it feels like we're never getting something like it.
I always thought it would be funny if we get some dialogue from RaY mentioning that she designed the Battle Royale island as a training ground and kind of forgot about it. Then when she sees what happened she has an absolute meltdown.
"You did WHAT to my Dusty Depot? And why is there sand and snow everywhere!"
Yeah, it's criminal that STW and and BR aren't narratively connected, because BR is honestly lacking the fantastic writing, characters and VA that STW benefits from. I at least just want Ray trying to manage the Battle Royale stuff and completely losing her shit every time some weird shit happens.

Twine Peaks probably isn't coming for a while. We've only just gotten the ending of Canny Valley, and that took a damn year for that story content to arrive, though we did get some events to tide us over.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's criminal that STW and and BR aren't narratively connected, because BR is honestly lacking the fantastic writing, characters and VA that STW benefits from. I at least just want Ray trying to manage the Battle Royale stuff and completely losing her shit every time some weird shit happens.
I think it's implied that they are, it's just really subtle and for now will only get a story update or two every year.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'm gonna put in the effort to get the Prisoner, he's just another lame skin. None of the "complete several weeks worth of challenges" skins have really been any good.

Twine Peaks probably isn't coming for a while. We've only just gotten the ending of Canny Valley, and that took a damn year for that story content to arrive, though we did get some events to tide us over.
who woulda thought that StW would have some of the best writing in games right now lol

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Planes are so good for some challenges though...

They are, but as long as they always have some rotation of 50v50/Rumble challenges are never too much of an issue.

They had such a negative impact on the standard modes for me, even after the multitude of nerfs they've gotten I still just dislike the sheer amount of rotational power they give. The storm hasn't been an issue at all in what feels like forever which makes so much about the map less interesting, I'm personally thrilled they're going away.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Alright, anyone want to join up for least the 3 driftin match challenge? Should be quick matches (including throwing the match if you want :P). Ingame name is GrimmWanderer, can do Switch or PC, and am in the US.

The other 3 last challenges should be easy enough. The dance club and race track are not really bad places.

Edit: Huh, I was 9/13 for the S8 battlepass, and now I am at 10? Guess some bug. Maybe I don't need to do the driftin match challenge now then lol, though maybe I could get the alt style for Onesie.

Last edited:

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really hope that putting Rumbles at the top is a sign it becomes a core mode in Season 8. Since it's been nearly always there since midway through 6 I assume it's going to happen.

It's the mode that brought me into the game and it's a great way to kill a few hours with the younger members of my family like my son and nieces.

Kid got his first VR yesterday though!

TUqW2Db_d.jpg

Unlocked the season 8 pass.

Congrats! That was my goal of this weekend, but I finished it and unlocked Onesie's bear skin and my kid unlocked them this afternoon.

Last edited:

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
Can someone help me out with the "play with a friend" overtime challenges as well as the reviving challenge?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's implied that they are, it's just really subtle and for now will only get a story update or two every year.
It's a bit weird, tbh, the hints on whether they are or aren't isn't very consistent.

who woulda thought that StW would have some of the best writing in games right now lol
Yeah, it's really sailing under the radar. I'm honestly considering making a thread specifically on the topic, because it feels like StW's writing is being completely overlooked.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit weird, tbh, the hints on whether they are or aren't isn't very consistent.

Yeah, it's really sailing under the radar. I'm honestly considering making a thread specifically on the topic, because it feels like StW's writing is being completely overlooked.
haha, i'd considered doing the same but struggled which dialogue to choose to give context to the readers. Let us know if you do a thread, i'll help signal boost it

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's flying under the radar at least partly (if not mostly or even all) because while the banter/dialogue is fun, the overall narrative is kind of non-existent/lacking. Or I dunno if it's just me, but I couldn't tell what's the deal with the story if my life depended on it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's flying under the radar at least partly (if not mostly or even all) because while the banter/dialogue is fun, the overall narrative is kind of non-existent/lacking. Or I dunno if it's just me, but I couldn't tell what's the deal with the story if my life depended on it.
story starts to pick up mid way through canny valley

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
haha, i'd considered doing the same but struggled which dialogue to choose to give context to the readers. Let us know if you do a thread, i'll help signal boost it
Well, I'll see what I can do, really.

The general plot is "figure out how to fight the Storm and expand Homebase's reach while dealing with various problems along the way". The overarching narrative is actually pretty straightforward, it's the subplots along the way that are more interesting - what the actual fuck is the Storm and has it shown up before; what the hell happened to Dr. Vinderman; the stuff surrounding Steel Wool; Desiree and Ray's relationship (and what Desiree is up to), and both Plankerton and Canny Valley have major objectives Homebase has to overcome (Plank Harbour and the Storm King, respectively).

The event stuff is generally more fun nonsense, though surprisingly there are times when it includes legit dramatic plot stuff, like, for example, Carbide's questline actually showing some of Dr. Vinderman, Ray and Desiree's backstory, with some it actually being important to the Ray/Desiree subplot in Canny Valley, which is odd, because you'd think that'd be integrated into the main Plankerton or Canny Valley quests instead.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Great way to bookend Frostnite since I completed the first one, and thought I should close it out with Final Frost... and it was me and just two randoms that somehow managed to survive into wave 9... that smasher wave tho! Of course they had to make one of them an epic boss! Some decent hero's to choose from after, so it's all good!!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overtime done. Got a 27 kills rumble game. Think I killed the same guy 12 times on the dusty hill, kept rage coming back and trying to kill me. Didn't die once in that game in the end.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been exclusively playing team rumble lol.

It's just so much fun and a lot less stressful, I initially used it as a way to get back into the game after missing a few seasons and never left, greatbfor challenges as well too.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The best thing about rumble for me was that it's a great way to actually learn how to use all the weapons in the game more effectively, I hope it stays on as a permanent game mode.

It's my only main mode. Playing a few matches of Rumbles every day with my 11 year old and sometimes my 19 and 8 year old nieces without the stress of perma death are some of my best gaming moments of the last year.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
All set for S8, and not only have I reached max tiers, but for the first time, I actually completed all of the weekly challenges. Looking forward to the new season.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'll see what I can do, really.

The general plot is "figure out how to fight the Storm and expand Homebase's reach while dealing with various problems along the way". The overarching narrative is actually pretty straightforward, it's the subplots along the way that are more interesting - what the actual fuck is the Storm and has it shown up before; what the hell happened to Dr. Vinderman; the stuff surrounding Steel Wool; Desiree and Ray's relationship (and what Desiree is up to), and both Plankerton and Canny Valley have major objectives Homebase has to overcome (Plank Harbour and the Storm King, respectively).

The event stuff is generally more fun nonsense, though surprisingly there are times when it includes legit dramatic plot stuff, like, for example, Carbide's questline actually showing some of Dr. Vinderman, Ray and Desiree's backstory, with some it actually being important to the Ray/Desiree subplot in Canny Valley, which is odd, because you'd think that'd be integrated into the main Plankerton or Canny Valley quests instead.
story starts to pick up mid way through canny valley
I'll confess I can have a very lacking memory so this kind of semi-dripfeed of dialogue-exclusive storytelling that I experience within the span of 6 months isn't something that is necessarily going to stick with me super well, so it might be just me not fully remembering & grasping the whole well.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Only 4 tiers away from 100 but don't really have any motivation to get there. All the final tier skins have been duds for me since Omega, which I never managed to get the lights for sadly.
Hope season 8 has something good.

Also as much as I love team rumble, I'd like for it to rotate out more often with other respawn modes. Food fight might be less of a nightmare now without planes.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
well i did the challenges for the free battle pass but it reminded me why I stopped buying them :P. they are just so lame.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
It's my only main mode. Playing a few matches of Rumbles every day with my 11 year old and sometimes my 19 and 8 year old nieces without the stress of perma death are some of my best gaming moments of the last year.

This is a good point, playing squads with an inexperienced team usually just ends with us getting destroyed in the first encounter. If they could implement a beginner mode that'd be great, perhaps only letting people who haven't had a win yet play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.