• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing, I am not sure if I do, or if I would rather have one of the premium 2,000 vbuck skins that will undoubtedly come with season 8.
The Ice King is not worth it IMO, but I do like the Onesie (especially the new variant) and that Ice Wolf pet. But the Ice King is pretty meh IMO and it takes forever to unlock the different styles. But it's really up to you, I don't think I would spend that much V-bucks on it though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's the thing, I am not sure if I do, or if I would rather have one of the premium 2,000 vbuck skins that will undoubtedly come with season 8.
The Ice King has a solid back bling, but that's all I really like about him. His Black and Red version is decent too. But I'd just wait and see how you feel over the next 3 days. New skins are pretty meh during the start of a season though, so I wouldn't expect much from them. Is there an existing 2K skin you really want? I'd just wait and see if it pops up in the store if you aren't feeling Ice King.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ice King has a solid back bling, but that's all I really like about him. His Black and Red version is decent too. But I'd just wait and see how you feel over the next 3 days. New skins are pretty meh during the start of a season though, so I wouldn't expect much from them. Is there an existing 2K skin you really want? I'd just wait and see if it pops up in the store if you aren't feeling Ice King.

It's the amazing pirate skins mid season I am hoping for next season in honesty, can't think of any of the existing bunch I really want, I love my Reaper skin and very rarely deviate from this, using the prisoner when I am not using Reaper.

I guess ultimately those 2K vbucks are burning a whole in my virtual pocket.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's the amazing pirate skins mid season I am hoping for next season in honesty, can't think of any of the existing bunch I really want, I love my Reaper skin and very rarely deviate from this, using the prisoner when I am not using Reaper.

I guess ultimately those 2K vbucks are burning a whole in my virtual pocket.
Just hold them then I'd say, no point just wasting them on a skin you don't really want. I always like to keep at least 950 in case I get burnt out and bounce for most of a season, so 2K gives you even more breathing room .
Have you bought the current starter pack? It mightn't be a bad idea, get 600 v-bucks to finish up your BP and still have 2k V-bucks for any potentially good skin that pops up

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vw0reUC.jpg

How it looks so far

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So, that "Sharky Shrubs" info that was on the backpack (that got quietly removed), that's the mouth of this skull image, right?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I have no idea what this is in reference to, but I'm going with yes.
Please explain a bit further, I'm interested but have no idea wtf you're talking about.
Last week a apparel company called Spraygrounds teamed up with Fortnite to release some special collab items. One was a backpack:

The "Sharky Shrubs" part was removed recently. Obviously it could just have been totally made up, but it'd be cool to have a cavern/multi-layered area, maybe somewhere down in the southern part of the map on one of the mountains.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Question for the Twine Peaks veterans... I play solo and only ever use the healing and turret gadgets and have never tried the others, but I was wondering since I'm about to do Canney SSD6 soon, are any of the other gadgets useful once you get to Twine Peaks? Just from your experience are one or two of them useful enough to bother with putting upgrade points into them? I have Teddy and Shocktower at my disposal on the character I use if that helps. The other tools like the pickaxe and pack slots and all that I keep leveled up as they become available... thanks!!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the Twine Peaks veterans... I play solo and only ever use the healing and turret gadgets and have never tried the others, but I was wondering since I'm about to do Canney SSD6 soon, are any of the other gadgets useful once you get to Twine Peaks? Just from your experience are one or two of them useful enough to bother with putting upgrade points into them? I have Teddy and Shocktower at my disposal on the character I use if that helps. The other tools like the pickaxe and pack slots and all that I keep leveled up as they become available... thanks!!
The slow field has come in pretty handy with some of those damned minibosses in Twine, but I still rock the health and turrets.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Season 8 Pass. Managed to get a bunch done. Probably ending at ~82 on the BP. I could try to get to 100 but not sure if I care that much.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I buy tiers if I'm only one or two away from something I really want. Or if I have 150-300 Vbucks extra and I have no skins that are interesting.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
These last two weeks really helped me. I maxed out the Battle Pass for the first time, and got the 15 OT challenges to get season 8 BP and the costume variants. FEELING PRETTY GOOD.

Jul 18, 2018
I know that's what the first two make, I think this is the bottom and it's a lot darker, so it might make up something else. Though given the fire and ash I guess that could be the top of a Volcano. And that skin is actually a Tiger, not a dragon.
So we have a Skull. Then we have a snake, a pirate hook and a tiger.
So pirate hook = new grappler?
tiger/snake = in map creatures that will spawn to kill for loot?
Will we see the Kraken rise up out of the volcano and into the sea o___O

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tier 100 skin will be a tiger, tier 1 will be a pirate
Snake prob middle of the battle pass, maybe the second tier 1 skin

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope 4 stages only, I think they were datamined a while ago
Key in castle > bonfire near paradise > circle near wailing

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at Shugga's post, I think it's pretty clearly a Volcano now. And the nose of the Skull is a Shark tooth? I kinda thought it was a mountain top at first, but doesn't make sense with a Volcano at the bottom.
I guess the "story" will probably be the ice melting and either it or the Volcano will wake up the big bad (probably the tiger) and his monster buddies, the Pirates probably won't really factor in, a grapple hook, to replace the grappler is a good shout though.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
It would be a missed opportunity to not have dragons present, especially given this season will coincide with the premiere/ending of Game of Thrones. Dragon hype will be at its peak at the end of the season.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
My main hope for Season 8 is the items to be good and fun. No Sword shenanigans, no OP plane shenanigans, no items being delayed for 2 months. Just solid pacing, fun items and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.