• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Fortnite is getting pings? Hell yeah! Please add wicked slides and Uncharted movement and create the best game ever.

Looks like Outlanders got nerfed to hell and back in Save the World and they ruined my Wild Fragment Deadeye outright. Looks like I'm going to have to shelve my Shuriken Master as well and go back to the Cloaked Star.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not in a single match.

Ahh, the wording on the challenge sucks then, I thought it was to be done in a single match.

Use that new function where your party can help out? Or do you mostly play solo?

Edit: oh thought ypu meant the shotgun/explosive damage challange.

I'll be hopefully teaming up with people to get those challenges done.

Not when team rumble exists

Just team rumble it.

I thought team rumble was gone in favour of 50v50, this makes me happy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Last night I had a really good game in Squads. Usually I only get 1-2 kills (if any) in Squads, either, but in one game I got 5 right at the start during a pretty intense ~2 minutes of fighting.

We went to Snobby (well, two of the three of us went there, one went to the enemy base). Noticed that (at least) two opponents landed there. I was in the southernmost building, my brother went to the middle luxury building. I said to him that he should just search the middle house as quickly as possible and then move on to the one south of it, just so that we wouldn't be so far away of each other if/when the two (or more) opponents decide to attack.

Well, they didn't attack my brother, they used a launch pad and came straight to me. I don't have all that much materials but I manage to outmaneuver them within & around the house. I was nearly fuuuucked with those two. Got one downed, killed him & gained some health back. At this point, a full squad from the viking mountain decides to join the party and swoops in with gliders/rifts. One of my brothers dies but I kill the remaining one of the initial duo and a couple from the full squad pretty quickly as they were fighting with me & my brother and maybe a little bit with the other enemy. I was against two remaining ones alone. Low-ish on health, and the building nearly blown to smithereens, but somehow I still manage to move in a way that I keep the opponents at bay by jumping down to the basement and using the couple of pieces of still remaining floor/ceiling & my own walls to shield myself long enough for my other brother to join the fray. That takes some pressure off of me and we each kill one more player. I lived!

I don't think I've EVER survived that kind of onslaught of enemies mostly alone (in the basic modes, Team Rumble with its n00bz is a whole other deal), with very little materials and with a half blown up small building as the battleground. At least not one where a full squad of people have had some time to loot their own place for a while and then descend upon me. Sometimes we go to Smurfville and 3 other full squads come there and I might've gotten a similar number of kills if I haven't died immediately but it's not quite the same as fighting people who have had that time to gather mats, get some shields & loot weapons before attacking.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they brought 50v50 back? Even just temporarily is good enough for me.

Ohhhhh shit, I'm playing Fortnite today. I knew they would get me back in some way after Apex, that's why I didn't uninstall it. I played so much Disco Domination and Team Rumble that respawn modes weren't fun anymore, but I'm excited to jump back in 50s.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
3orzuspscbj21.png

These trucks are being found in replay mode, people are theorizing it'll serve as a respawn system similar to how Apex does things.

Oct 25, 2017
They nerfed high tier ARs, smh. Nothing about improving the shooting of the game. The one thing that Apex Legends has over it.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
3orzuspscbj21.png

These trucks are being found in replay mode, people are theorizing it'll serve as a respawn system similar to how Apex does things.

I could see it, especially now that thirsting in Squads is so incentivized for the health/shields. Just seems like a good upgrade for squad mode BRs in general.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solo royale on the second game I played
First kill was a brutal headshot I didn't even line up with the deagle lol, dude just moved into it
Second kill though, jumping deagle headshot, now that was fucking brutal
Last dude died in the storm after I tagged him twice with deagle, good times.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I like the idea of pinging system but it seems to be very clumsy by default. I'm trying to play around with mapping it differently but it's still too clumsy.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marker on middle mouse was always there but it used to remove the marker if you pinged while aiming at the skies, now it doesn't do that anymore :( Gotta go through the map to unmark

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Auto/always sprint being toggle on controller now is kinda really annoying me. Got a win and the new Umbrella, Dual Pistols saved my arse, they can be real nasty at times.
Seems like L2 spamming has been fixed too (at least at range), was testing it in Rumble and wasn't just lazarbeaming everything anymore, still seemed really strong close-ish range though.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's always best to go for the umbrella on Day 1. I wasn't expecting it in game 1 of the day though, especially considering the circle was in the new area the entire time.

Can't believe there isn't a green color variation for Hybrid. They gave us knock off Sub -Zero, why not Reptile too?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Got my Umbrella. Now I can just do challenges the rest of the season and get any more wins totally accidentally.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got the umbrella on my first game. Was a total shitshow I had no business winning, but whatever.

The new sounds are all over the place. Shooting an AR is deafening.

Oct 25, 2017
They just keep adding more and more useless shit.

They could of added an fov slider to address people using stretch resolution to get the competitive edge.

Last edited:

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
You get quite the gift box logging into StW. Over 5 million hero XP, 15K gold, and a lot of evolution materials. And I got 6 of those new tickets that let you pluck a legendary or mythic hero from past events in the collection book.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Lotta StW youtubers dropping the game because epic's handling of the game the past month has been embarrassing. There's so many simple QoL features that should have been in the game already.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Lotta StW youtubers dropping the game because epic's handling of the game the past month has been embarrassing. There's so many simple QoL features that should have been in the game already.

Can't say I blame them, I've experienced a couple of stupid problems already and I just updated about 3 hours ago.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes when I jump off the bus my keyboard button "w" won't register, so I need to press it again. It only happend 2 times in the game while running. Also a few times when I jump off I fly automatically slightly right. So I have to press the "d" key again to correct it. Is that a bug? I just replaced my keyboard and don't want to to it again (Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Yellow Switches). I played through Doom (2016) recently and didn't notice anything wrong, so it's a little confusing.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I only had a few minutes to jump into one 50v50 round, but I'm surprised at how different the visuals feel on the latest patch. Some combination of LODs being adjusted for the first time in a few seasons and building materials looking 'chunkier.' And maybe I'm crazy, but I swear the default FOV has been somehow changed.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Did they get rid of rifts (not the portable ones) ? Didn't see anything in the patch notes but my mates and I couldn't find one yesterday in Viking or Lucky.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a couple of games on PC last night (I never play PC) and really enjoyed it, did a lot better than I thought I would, managed 10 kills in one game.

What's this ping system people keep talking about?

I also still hate the system of getting auto health/shields back for killing people.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Save the World update was supposed to buff ninjas and shuriken, but completely destroyed my Shuriken Master build. Kind of dumb considering it was actually a viable Twine build. You throw less, less often, and they do far less damage. Used to clear entire waves of mobs and now you're only hitting a few at a time.

They also fucked up my main Outlander - Wild Fragment Deadeye. Don't know why you'd make him about shock tower instead of fragments. Everybody was using Teddies and other abilities because your weapons aren't balanced for end game in the slightest. Everything feels like a darn pea shooter even when they are at sunbeam level.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really getting into STW but I played a round and see my Headhunter Urban Assault Soldier got nerfed into the ground. Not happy. I'll play with builds though when I have time. Maybe I just need to use some different supports.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to playing season 8. Overall I'm really digging all the changes and I love the jungle/volcano/pirate addition. Along with the desert and the snow sections, the map has become quite diverse in the past couple of seasons.

The markers are definitely a great addition.

However, I feel like the graphics on the Switch version have dipped a bit. It feels like they added a SuperEagle/2xsai-esque filter to everything. Maybe it's just me.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Save the World update was supposed to buff ninjas and shuriken, but completely destroyed my Shuriken Master build. Kind of dumb considering it was actually a viable Twine build. You throw less, less often, and they do far less damage. Used to clear entire waves of mobs and now you're only hitting a few at a time.

They also fucked up my main Outlander - Wild Fragment Deadeye. Don't know why you'd make him about shock tower instead of fragments. Everybody was using Teddies and other abilities because your weapons aren't balanced for end game in the slightest. Everything feels like a darn pea shooter even when they are at sunbeam level.
I'm using a Ninja with 75% additional sword damage while in shadow stance and have an uptime of shadow stance of 24 seconds after every kill. It's hella fun. Some builds are hard to pulloff though and the game needs more perks to support some abilities. It's kinda skewed at the moment, but I do like the new system alot.

Also just scored my first victory royale of the season, awesome squad fill and the new pinging system really works well if used. Fastest victory so far, so yay!

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
if you can't break anything for materials, it could be because the servers and clients are not on the same update just yet. an update is coming out soon

edit: maybe not

Jul 18, 2018
Had a couple of games on PC last night (I never play PC) and really enjoyed it, did a lot better than I thought I would, managed 10 kills in one game.

What's this ping system people keep talking about?

I also still hate the system of getting auto health/shields back for killing people.
I think default ping is middle mouse for PC. Have to check settings but ...

Location pings will show up in your squad colour (which will traditionally be red, blue, yellow, or purple), while a small icon will appear depending on the ammo, item or weapon that you've pinged, allowing allies to see what you're offering even if you're far away. For enemies, a brief siren noise will ring out, alerting your teammates to any potential danger

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So they totally ruined the anti-materia attack in STW with the update. Making material gathering as tedious as possible seems to be their aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.