• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
^^ Yeah, I've been trying to complete that "deal 100 damage to enemies with the pirate canon" challenge, but it's hard enough hitting someone jumping around with a shotgun much less a giant canon!
I did it by playing Disco Domination, dragging a cannon to an enemy dance pad, and firing away like a maniac. Did it in three tries. In hindsight I think going to the center of the circle works better because that's where everyone ends up clustering anyway.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cannons are pure trash. The only time I ever use one (outside of a challenge) is when I'm at a pirate camp and I want to move away very quickly. Never see anyone use them in regular play, either.
^^ Yeah, I've been trying to complete that "deal 100 damage to enemies with the pirate canon" challenge, but it's hard enough hitting someone jumping around with a shotgun much less a giant canon!

Yep, I'm trying these challenges too

I did it by playing Disco Domination, dragging a cannon to an enemy dance pad, and firing away like a maniac. Did it in three tries. In hindsight I think going to the center of the circle works better because that's where everyone ends up clustering anyway.

I'm trying disco domination, it's just proving difficult lol

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Did it!

In solos, I went to the pirate camp between the lake and dusty. On the top floor, there are 3 cannons. I took one and pointed it at the door and waited... someone showed up in less than 5 minutes and I managed to eliminate them.

Pretty easy in the end!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I really feel they need to adjust some things in Save The World...

1) resource gathering/pick axe upgrades: there is no sense of progress. Getting pickaxe levels is more about keeping up with objects getting more health, not improving. It just does not make for satisfying upgrade when there really is no upgrade. I'd fix this by upping the strength of the pickaxe considerably and/or increasing the amount of resources (at least building materials) you get as you level up your pickaxe. I'd also make significant adjustments to particular objects' material amounts. If I have to hit something for 7+ times even with an Outlander that does extra damage, it should give me more than 13 bricks (and not even take 7+ hits in the first place when I have my pick axe at lvl5).

2) a lot of quest rewards: there's a quest that requires you to do 3 missions in a 46+ zone and the reward is a rare weapon schematic. Who does anything with Rare level weapons when you get to Canny Valley?

3) generic side quests during missions: some of these give, like, 40 wood as a reward when I might have to spend as much or even a lot more to build something, build cover, crafting as much ammo as I have to waste to kill all enemies. "Oh, hey, build this radar that requires 500 pieces of metal. Here's 30 wood as a reward." Omgz so generous!

4) Boost exp is laughable.

5) Put a lot of shit into the Collection book, get 10 weapon instructions or a llama that gives you grey & green shit as a reward. Super rewarding, guys & gals @ Epic

In regards to Battle Royale, enemy movement sounds continue to be all kinds of fucked up nowadays. I keep fucking up reading audio cues about where the enemy is or not hearing them at all. In the past I didn't have these problems (as much). I might have had a bit of trouble keeping up with people who move really fast and pin pointing the exact location of an enemy but I knew the general direction most of the time. Now I constantly don't hear enemies who are two steps behind me, I mistake distances (i.e. I think someone is a room away from me when they are actually right on the other side of the wall) and whether someone is above or below just gets muddled a lot of the time (especially the closer they get). The sounds in this game have never been anywhere near close to (working) perfect(ly), but I feel these recent changes have made things worse.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's it. There's a ramp that leads up to the door. Just point it at the door. For added effect: drop a gold scar in front of the door as bait :P

Finally got it done thanks to team rumble, aside from trolling team mates trying to blow me up and inconsistent damage it's over with.

Also picked up the fireWalker skin, damn is that a good looking skin.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Got caught up with all the Season 8 challenges(*) over the weekend, the only thing I'm missing right now is the Victory Royale umbrella. Not sure if I should get myself worked up over getting it or not...

(* = Except for the Getaway challenges, I'm not a fan of that mode)

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got caught up with all the Season 8 challenges(*) over the weekend, the only thing I'm missing right now is the Victory Royale umbrella. Not sure if I should get myself worked up over getting it or not...

(* = Except for the Getaway challenges, I'm not a fan of that mode)

I like it, the little jingle when it opens is pleasing .

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly the Storm King pins are beginning to arrive in the mail for a handful of people. I haven't checked the mail yet though

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
i think it would be really cool if they like took rocket launchers out of the game i just think that would be so cool what do u guys think

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
i think it would be really cool if they like took rocket launchers out of the game i just think that would be so cool what do u guys think
Yes please, especially with Apex-like respawns presumably coming to the regular modes. I've started having kamikaze bombers in duo & squad modes where some shitheads clearly rush you & do a kamikaze attack with the rocket launcher, knocking themselves out as well, knowing their teammate(s) can revive them if they can just knock me out. That will just get worse if/when they add the respawns.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I still find it incredibly stupid that one of the trophies is "1000 play with others" which:
Doesn't count sometimes
Most of the time you end up getting matched in a non-quest related area
You end up doing a mission type you don't like
The bonus rewards can be shit
in general, 1000 missions is fucking stupid high

So I barely even touch the feature

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I still find it incredibly stupid that one of the trophies is "1000 play with others" which:
Doesn't count sometimes
Most of the time you end up getting matched in a non-quest related area

So I barely even touch the feature
The worst thing is that it takes up one of those 10 bonus reward thingies, so you might get crappy rewards that you have no say over.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is STW any good?

And is it advisable to pick it up now as isn't it going free this year? Is it easy to grind vbucks?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is STW any good?

And is it advisable to pick it up now as isn't it going free this year? Is it easy to grind vbucks?
I wouldn't say it's good, but it's fun. Until you hit the endgame which isn't there, so there's nothing to do but mindlessly grind missions for resources. The game until then is IMO solid and varied enough to play.

Grinding V-Bucks is easy. Dailies give 50-100 (for later areas, but mostly 50) and can be mostly done in 2 missions. Then you have SSD's which reward 100 V-bucks on completion (10 for each area, 40 in total). Daily log-in rewards give V-bucks every week assuming you log-in daily (these are 150, 300, 800 and 1000 depending on log-in milestone). I think that's about it. If you do each daily and log-in every day it's a guaranteed 500 V-bucks a week.

Not sure if that will remain the same if / when the game goes F2P, it's frequently on sale for 50% off so you might want to wait until then if you want to give it a go.

EDIT: there's also sometimes special V-bucks awards for completing missions in a certain time window, these range from 25-40 I think based on, once again, which area. It's a bit of a grind, but worth it if you play enough.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it's good, but it's fun. Until you hit the endgame which isn't there, so there's nothing to do but mindlessly grind missions for resources. The game until then is IMO solid and varied enough to play.

Grinding V-Bucks is easy. Dailies give 50-100 (for later areas, but mostly 50) and can be mostly done in 2 missions. Then you have SSD's which reward 100 V-bucks on completion (10 for each area, 40 in total). Daily log-in rewards give V-bucks every week assuming you log-in daily (these are 150, 300, 800 and 1000 depending on log-in milestone). I think that's about it. If you do each daily and log-in every day it's a guaranteed 500 V-bucks a week.

Not sure if that will remain the same if / when the game goes F2P, it's frequently on sale for 50% off so you might want to wait until then if you want to give it a go.

OK cool, thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for a 50% I thnk.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I've had 1 daily challenge cycling between the Squad placements for the entire season, another is the squads outlive challenge. Happens every season and really fucking annoying, but usually just a week tops, I think I'm done even bothering with it now and probably done all together with the Battle Passes, don't care for any of the high tier stuff anyway and I'm not doing 3 games of squads were I have to hide all game, just to most likely just have to do it again.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I've had 1 daily challenge cycling between the Squad placements for the entire season, another is the squads outlive challenge. Happens every season and really fucking annoying, but usually just a week tops, I think I'm done even bothering with it now and probably done all together with the Battle Passes, don't care for any of the high tier stuff anyway and I'm not doing 3 games of squads were I have to hide all game, just to most likely just have to do it again.

Do it while you eat lunch/dinner, watch a tv show, grade papers... etc etc.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Do it while you eat lunch/dinner, watch a tv show, grade papers... etc etc.
Yeah, if I can't rotate out of those challenges, I'll do a "Alone vs. the Squads" game or two just to be masochistic and see how long I can survive against everyone else. I can usually get to the top 10 pretty easily just by sneaking around, even though I know I need more firefight experience.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
FFS, it's gone again already?
since about 2 days ago

since you were talking about stw, I got over 8,000 vbucks in total by just playing for months (maybe a year)

the amount of vbucks I have gotten has slowed down a bit because iirc they give you tons in the beginning challenges

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since about 2 days ago

since you were talking about are, I got over 8,000 vbucks in total by just playing for months (maybe a year)

the amount of vbucks I have gotten has slowed down a bit because iirc they give you tons in the beginning challenges

Oh wow, that's crazy, I definitely want to get it now for the vbucks lol.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
StW is a guaranteed 500 bucks a week if you log in and do your daily challenge. That number has the potential to be more as you unlock higher level areas and log in more days. You can just do the dailies on every third day to reduce your actual time playing too.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
That's 5,000 v bucks over a single season of Fortnite. That's enough for the next battle pass and 2 premium skins in BR!

And you can earn more should you choose to get into it. I started playing just for the V bucks and now I pretty much play StW exclusively and occasionally dip my feet back into BR.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
StW is a really fun chill out game in general. It's a little dull once you hit Twine though. Of course, you'll have put in a ton of hours by that point.

I feel like the new hero loadout needs more work. I think either the ability to equip two team perks or the option of making one of the team slots a sub commander spot where you get the full version of their perk in addition to your main character's would really up the variety of viable character builds.

Last edited:

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
StW is a really fun chill out game in general. It's a little dull once you hit Twine though. Of course, you'll have put in a ton of hours by that point.

I feel like the new hero literally needs more work. I think either the ability to equip two team perks or the option of making one of the team slots a sub commander spot where you get the full version of their perk in addition to your main character's would really up the variety of viable character builds.

I'm still salty over the outlander nerf.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So today I learned there are people, probably lots, that are playing Fortnite with a ping of 2 or 3, and when it gets really congested it might go up to 7 or 8!! I didn't think those numbers were even realistically possible, and here I am always floating around 100 if not more. FFS Canadian ISP's inhale some serious rooster.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Caught up with all of the weekly challenges except for the heal one, cause I wasn't looking around for apples lol.

Also I see that new starter pack is up, and it is a pretty nice one. Will look at it sometime later this season probably.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
since about 2 days ago

since you were talking about stw, I got over 8,000 vbucks in total by just playing for months (maybe a year)

No way you only get 8000 V bucks a year unless you don't play that often. I played for like 3 months plus and I got like 9K+ V bucks.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Another week of cakewalk challenges. I wonder if they are feeling the pressure of the other BR games and are keeping challenges easy so people don't get frustrated and move on to something else. That is, apart from cannon damage challenge.

I should unlock Peely today. I dig his look but he definitely seems to stand out. I wonder if that's why I'm not seeing it much.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Another week of cakewalk challenges. I wonder if they are feeling the pressure of the other BR games and are keeping challenges easy so people don't get frustrated and move on to something else. That is, apart from cannon damage challenge.

I should unlock Peely today. I dig his look but he definitely seems to stand out. I wonder if that's why I'm not seeing it much.
Challenges really aren't different than usual. Land at X, kill opponents at Y or Z, kill with specific weapon, use new item(s) to try them out. Etc.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Agree that the challenges aren't as annoying this season. Not that I'm complaining, I almost quit back in season 6 over some of the more annoying ones. Even now I am not sure if I want to buy future season passes (even though I got this one for free) because challenges trigger my OCD tendencies in a bad way.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only annoying thing is the 'survive longer than 60 players' challenge seems glitches, done it quite a few times now and once you get to the main menu it still says it hasn't been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.