• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might jump back into this now that they added Apex respawning. Expecting to get trashed while I get used to the meta all over.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
As a test I tried to only do Play With Others missions and get through story missions that way. It worked fine but once I got to Ghost Town missions, after a couple of missions I didn't get a single mission in Canny Valley's Ghost Town areas in a week or so. I just couldn't for the life of me get my third visit to a spa because I never got thrown into ghost town missions. It's funny how broken PWO is.

So I actually saw someone in STW that had the Builder Challenge banner... that was unexpected given the steep requirements, but I'm glad there are at least a few that have managed to complete it!!
I've been reading up on this because the challenge/trophy seems so ludicrous and it's actually not quite as bad as you'd initially think. You could grind it in "just" something like 24-48 hours. You just need a friend or two, gather materials and then mostly do missions that lower the price of a structure to 6 with constructors and everyone in the group goes crazy with building shit (not too much, though, apparently the game is prone to crashing with too many structures), since other people's building counts towards your numbers too. It used to be even easier when Constructors had perks that lowered the cost to 3 at best, but in true Epic fashion nerfing anything actually useful is the name of the game and they can't have you actually enjoying/making full use of the the building aspect but want to make it as tedious as possible.

Guardian Angel is worse because you can't really grind it much. A single mission generally only has 6 or 7 survivors. 15 or 16 in Rescue The Survivors missions but those are ultimately quite rare especially the further you get in the game and it's not necessarily all that common that you'd even find all survivors (either your team sucks and lets survivors die even when they go by them or you just don't have the time). Like, currently I only have one of those available in Canny Valley. If I don't want to go do missions in previous regions and get shit rewards/exp, I'd have to grind that one mission (and get less shitty but still shitty rewards)

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
As a test I tried to only do Play With Others missions and get through story missions that way. It worked fine but once I got to Ghost Town missions, after a couple of missions I didn't get a single mission in Canny Valley's Ghost Town areas in a week or so. I just couldn't for the life of me get my third visit to a spa because I never got thrown into ghost town missions. It's funny how broken PWO is.

I've been reading up on this because the challenge/trophy seems so ludicrous and it's actually not quite as bad as you'd initially think. You could grind it in "just" something like 24-48 hours. You just need a friend or two, gather materials and then mostly do missions that lower the price of a structure to 6 with constructors and everyone in the group goes crazy with building shit (not too much, though, apparently the game is prone to crashing with too many structures), since other people's building counts towards your numbers too. It used to be even easier when Constructors had perks that lowered the cost to 3 at best, but in true Epic fashion nerfing anything actually useful is the name of the game and they can't have you actually enjoying/making full use of the the building aspect but want to make it as tedious as possible.

Guardian Angel is worse because you can't really grind it much. A single mission generally only has 6 or 7 survivors. 15 or 16 in Rescue The Survivors missions but those are ultimately quite rare especially the further you get in the game and it's not necessarily all that common that you'd even find all survivors (either your team sucks and lets survivors die even when they go by them or you just don't have the time). Like, currently I only have one of those available in Canny Valley. If I don't want to go do missions in previous regions and get shit rewards/exp, I'd have to grind that one mission (and get less shitty but still shitty rewards)

That's actually interesting because I had not thought of using a group to help ease up the grind a bit. It still seems quite daunting though, and for me I could never grind like that because for sure that would just make me hate whatever game I was playing!!

Oh... and true that about the Ghost Town missions. I forget which SSD level, but I remember at one point in the Canny grind I think there were only two areas designated as ghost towns... so good luck and have fun with that!! Yeah right... :\

I was glad to leave all that behind, and just to offer a bit of encouragement, I have been enjoying TP a lot more because now it's nice to just pick and choose whatever missions you want! Of course on the flip side of that, the TP SSD's have the potential to make you rage!! haha so yeah, hang in there!! :D

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Hadn't really played for 2 months but lately i've started to get back on and somehow have managed to make it all the way to tier 65. If I complete all the weekly/daily challenges for the rest of the season then I still might max out this battle pass lol not bad

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't really played for 2 months but lately i've started to get back on and somehow have managed to make it all the way to tier 65. If I complete all the weekly/daily challenges for the rest of the season then I still might max out this battle pass lol not bad
You'll get to tier 87 with just weekly challenges & the couple of weekly secret collectibles that give you a single tier. Depending on what your current season level is, you'll likely get enough levels while going for the rest of weeklies which will probably give a you at least a few tiers by the end of the season (especially if you play during a likely Exp Boost weekend that should happen between now and the end of the season), if not even more if you aren't too high level yet and still get levels with a moderate amount of playing. So you'll probably have to get (less than) 10 tiers from daily challenges, which should be perfectly doable so long as you at least log in (almost) every day to queue a new daily challenge, even if you don't always finish them that day.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You'll get to tier 87 with just weekly challenges & the couple of weekly secret collectibles that give you a single tier. Depending on what your current season level is, you'll likely get enough levels while going for the rest of weeklies which will probably give a you at least a few tiers by the end of the season (especially if you play during a likely Exp Boost weekend that should happen between now and the end of the season), if not even more if you aren't too high level yet and still get levels with a moderate amount of playing. So you'll probably have to get (less than) 10 tiers from daily challenges, which should be perfectly doable so long as you at least log in (almost) every day to queue a new daily challenge, even if you don't always finish them that day.
Yeah i'm not too worried since I haven't even tried getting any of the hidden battle stars yet and still have a few of the pesky weekly challenges to do (Damage with cannon, destroy structures, kills at pirate outposts) not hard but very situational and I don't really feel inclined to go out of my way. Even if I don't get all the way there I won't be too upset since this battlepass isn't particularly great.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a weird string of games a few games ago where my reticle hit what I was aiming for. What does it mean?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Planes really aren't a big deal, don't know why people constantly complain about them.

Then again fortnite could change the font of the title and some people would say its ruined the game.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So we just had a team rumble where the goal was 150 kills. o_O

Edit: And another one.

Last edited:

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't know if I like that. Regular 100 kill Rumble takes long enough, in fact it feels like the sweet spot for me. 50% longer seems too much.

I'm fine with planes, though. The more mobility the better. They barely do damage anymore with all of the nerfs.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm never getting this pirate cannon challenge done.

Go to the pirate camp between Dusty and Loot Lake. Go all the way to the top floor, take a canon and move it so it points towards the door you came in. Wait. Someone should come eventually. Boom. Done.

For added effect, put a golden weapon in front of the door as bait.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Just got my second Solo win of Season 8... by running across a field while the last two players killed themselves. Not sure how I feel about that.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, the store got the female wizard yesterday. I've been saving up for the male version. I would otherwise easily have had enough V bucks by now but then that one herpy derp derp skin came back a week or two ago and I just had to buy it even though I knew it would insta-increase aggro from opponents by +5000% when they notice the skin. Because of buying it, I only had 1150 v (/1500) bucks saved up yesterday so I'm glad it wasn't the male wizard yet. I do have three days worth of STW daily challenges saved and I know I could get a quickish 200 v bucks from just doing a couple of early region higher level storm shields that I haven't done yet.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Played 5 or 6 rounds of Team Rumble tonight in hopes of finishing the zip line challenge, but no luck. Either the final circles didn't have any zip lines or nobody bothered to ride on them. Just bad luck, I suppose.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Played 5 or 6 rounds of Team Rumble tonight in hopes of finishing the zip line challenge, but no luck. Either the final circles didn't have any zip lines or nobody bothered to ride on them. Just bad luck, I suppose.
Is that the second stage of the challenge? Hit someone who is on a zipline? I haven't even gotten the first stage done though we did only play Squads so goofing out on a zipline was a bit riskier than in Rumble.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the first part is getting on a zip line and hitting someone. You just need 1 point of damage to complete it, so it's not hard if you have an SMG or shotgun. The second half is what's vexing me at the moment...
Yeah, it's not hard but when you're against laser-snipers who kill you in 0,01 seconds if you're in as vulnerable a position as going up or down a zipline, it doesn't encourage one to risk your life/health & jump on one.

Easier to get hits on someone who is ride on them (if anyone is riding one).

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, it's not hard but when you're against laser-snipers who kill you in 0,01 seconds if you're in as vulnerable a position as going up or down a zipline, it doesn't encourage one to risk your life/health & jump on one.
That's what Team Rumble is for, you make like Tom Cruise and give it another go after dying. I did most of this week's challenges in TR, the only one I needed Solo for was "go to Snobby Shores and Happy Hamlet".

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a TR match were I got 45 eliminations. It looked most of the people on my team backed out and I was getting bombarded from all sides. Someone how my team managed to win. lulz

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Finally finished the Challenges this week. Jumped in and out of three Team Rumble games until I got one with the circle in the northwest corner, near the Block, and even then it took most of the match until I managed to hit someone riding a zipline. But I finally got that off my list. Celebrated by playing a few solo Squad matches (yes, I'm a masochist); managed to finish in the top 5 both times and got a few more Daily Challenges that way.

Not sure how I feel about the compulsive drive to do these challenges, though -- there's a Pavlovian behavior-response cycle I'm not entirely comfortable with, but on the other hand I am having fun in a "Look at what I'm able to accomplish" sense.

Also, it looks like a lot of people are bailing out of Team Rumble games early; I've noticed several matches that end with team player counts like 9 vs. 15, which makes them very lopsided.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm of two minds about them. On one hand they can be completely ridiculous. On the other, Fortnite is now basically one of the better Spider-Man/webslinging games around and I'm having so much fun just swingin' around.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in division 6 in ranked and late game is a total bummer with the ballers. You've usually got about 20 people left in the last few circles, 10 of whom are trying to play the best Fortnite they can, the other 10 just hanging around in ballers getting a free ride into top 15 or even top 5.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Ballers. Also loved the planes. Couldn't give two shits about "competitive" Fortnite. Hell, pro scrims are all basically just sitting in forts all end game long.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Go to the pirate camp between Dusty and Loot Lake. Go all the way to the top floor, take a canon and move it so it points towards the door you came in. Wait. Someone should come eventually. Boom. Done.

For added effect, put a golden weapon in front of the door as bait.

I kept trying this with no luck so I tried landing at a pirate camp close to where the AFK players drop and got it on my first attempt by Paradise Palms. But it was against a squad of 2 who I surprised with canon fire out of nowhere. I got just enough damage in for the challenge before getting shotguns to the face

Tbh I think they let me get it because they waited a few seconds before charging at me

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Happy Hamlet isn't more popular a landing spot. Especially when it's basically in a similar position as Smurfsville and has even more loot, better material gathering potential and has better mobility options to get to those distant next safe areas. Yet even all that considered, Smurfsville becomes a bloodbath if it's near the beginning of the flight path (sometimes even if it's near the end) while Hamlet is usually pretty quiet.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I got it done pretty quickly once I set my mind on it, in Team Rumble. Took a few games to get a storm area that had ziplines but once it did go to Pleasant Park, I got it done pretty soon after the first phase. Only, like, 40% of the zipline was in the area but I just went back and forth the zipline until an enemy appeared close enough for me to see & hit him/her. The second one was the mountain north of Hamlet. That was a bit more effort because I was always late to an enemy coming up a zipline or some asshole with a bow/sniper rifle somehow saw me no matter how well I tried to hide to wait and killed me while I was camping in wait for someone to use one. Ultimately I hit someone on the zipline while I was in Happy Hamlet. The houses there provided me with enough cover that no one noticed me.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Don't know if I just never noticed it before, but it seems like every Team Rumble game nowadays has about to half the players drop out midway through. The last game started with 20 v 20 and ended with 6 v 15 -- and you can imagine how lopsided the score was. Is the longer playtime causing people to drop off more?

Oct 25, 2017
Took a break and come back and they finally made it so you can remove the mask and helmet on characters like Elite Agent,
FINALLY!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The new air royale mode is pretty damn fun if you have someone who isn't a bot with you.

Just won a game and we were just shredding people out of the sky.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow orbs are completely borged with this latest update. Have tried to do them in several missions but the mist monsters just do not appear. There's also a weird quick loading screen when moving to the mission lobby now. And the game doesn't show what kind of mission you are going to In the loading screen when going from lobby to mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.