• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
About to try it out - just wish the wraps you get for doing the challenges weren't ugly, at least in my opinion.
Copped that stealth black wrap for 300, though.
Yeah the wraps aren't great and I wish that stealth black was part of it instead since it is pretty tasty.

But I'm loving the new mode, a lot of fun as long as the team mate isn't rubbish.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This new Food fight is actually kind of fun.

Yeah, it's not that bad. I like the twist of removing respawn when the mascots are destroyed instead of just ending the game.
Had some cool endings. Although it's really frustrating to have a lot of bad players on the team, not helping to build,
destroying what you built instead of editing, destroying your traps etc. I just quit if I see my entire team going to Tilted instead of inside the ring at the start.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's not that bad. I like the twist of removing respawn when the mascots are destroyed instead of just ending the game.
Had some cool endings. Although it's really frustrating to have a lot of bad players on the team, not helping to build,
destroying what you built instead of editing, destroying your traps etc. I just quit if I see my entire team going to Tilted instead of inside the ring at the start.
Yeah like like all of these mass team modes, it really depends on the whole team. Our last game of the night was really frustrating. By the time I had gotten the enemy's mascot down to 98%, ours was already down to 70 -_- The enemy mascot still had 30% of health left when the last of us died.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
4/4 with Air Force mode, including two games were my partner left and two were I(Alone) and my partner incurred zero deaths. Mode rewards camping and sticking to the outside

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
air royale
finally my 700 hours in elite pays off

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Not sure how I feel about Air Royale. It's a good change of pace, but flying and shooting with the plane is clunky, and as a solo player I'm not sure how I can fly and shoot my guns at the same time.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Save The World is almost completely broken. When I try to start a mission and while entering the lobby, it will throw me back to the region selecting screen. It briefly shows me in the lobby, then almost immediately goes into a loading screen and when it exits the loading screen, I'm no longer in the lobby but on the region selecting screen on the map. I have to smash the Start Mission button while the game starts to do its procedures to get me into a game/lobby to be able to get into missions, so that my game starts to load a mission as soon as I enter the lobby.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Save The World is almost completely broken. When I try to start a mission and while entering the lobby, it will throw me back to the region selecting screen. It briefly shows me in the lobby, then almost immediately goes into a loading screen and when it exits the loading screen, I'm no longer in the lobby but on the region selecting screen on the map. I have to smash the Start Mission button while the game starts to do its procedures to get me into a game/lobby to be able to get into missions, so that my game starts to load a mission as soon as I enter the lobby.
Yeah, I can only do Private games at the moment.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
That fast food mode is hot garbage.

You can't really use it for challenges because the storm moves instantly and fast and there are so many objectives on the edge of the map this week.

It's tough to tell who's enemy vs friendly. Some skins are straight up broken like Marshmello and the Banana. The lava is mechanic stupid. Infinite grappler is pointless. Honestly, there's nothing redeemable about this mode at all. It sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
That fast food mode is hot garbage.

You can't really use it for challenges because the storm moves instantly and fast and there are so many objectives on the edge of the map this week.

It's tough to tell who's enemy vs friendly. Some skins are straight up broken like Marshmello and the Banana. The lava is mechanic stupid. Infinite grappler is pointless. Honestly, there's nothing redeemable about this mode at all. It sucks.
Team Rumble or bust.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I only get kicked back to the region selection screen when joining an existing server. Joining an empty one, either public or private, I still load into the world normally.
You can get into a game by mashing whatever button it is on your platform that gets you into the game, before it has a chance to throw you back to the map.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Please slow down on the wraps, guys. I've got every single one that has been released so far, but I'm running out of Storm Shield Defenses to grind. It wouldn't have been too big of a problem had I not bought that sweet ass Falcon.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of funny I got out of Canny even though in story missions I only just got past Canny Storm Shield Defense 4. I just got into the SSD area because I had excess building materials and thought I'd use those to beef up my defenses. Then I thought "you know, I could probably do this easily if I got even a single random dude helping me" and started the mission & searching for help. No one appeared but at that point I just wanted to test my defenses and eventually got through it all. The second & last wave were probably the worst.

The second was against the shield north east of the main shield (not the northest one on top of the cliff but the one on the root of it). Enemies came from the east aaaaand I had kind of neglected building proper defenses for all directions there. I had put some retractable spikes & wall-electricity things into the caverns that come from below but the upper path a bit south from that was almost completely exposed.

The fifth was almost a disaster. The wave kept throwing nature elemental mammoths at the main shield from the North that I'm somewhat ill-equipped to handle (all my fire-weapons are shiiiiiit against singular enemies). They got through to the shield from a couple of points several times but luckily my traps were good enough to take care of everything but the mammoth sized enemies, so eventually no actual damage was done to the shield.

And I've got to say, these fart bomb throwing grannies are the worst. Their throws are just stupidly accurate (they've hit me mid-air while I'm ninjaing around) & long-distance. It's dumb that they can wreck shit without even having a view of it. No matter what kind of walls I build, they'll find an angle that avoids all traps, droid-fire etc. & wreck my shield defenses and then I'll have to waste precious seconds trying to get to them. The only class that can deal with them efficiently is a ninja who can jump around like crazy. I can't even imagine how annoying it would be to try to deal with them popping up from all directions with other, slower & less agile character classes.

Otherwise, I'm starting to have a really good setup for STW. My ninja is near indestructible with a fun load out, my weapons & traps are (well, were until I did the sixth defense) maxed and with pretty good quality/level perks and I have mythic lead survivors to 4 groups and have a fifth waiting for the Think Tank until I get more normal legendary survivors who match her type (currently I have a legendary lead and matching legendary types on all unlocked spots, don't want to abandon that for a mythic lead with no legendary matches).

I'm just currently severely drop of rainless (why oh why did I not just rush through the winter event tons of times when it still had a fuuuuckton of those). Grinding for those is so slow and if I'm doing Play With Others stuff then I can go several missions without getting any.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just currently severely drop of rainless (why oh why did I not just rush through the winter event tons of times when it still had a fuuuuckton of those). Grinding for those is so slow and if I'm doing Play With Others stuff then I can go several missions without getting any.

Before I took advantage of the Frostnite exploit I had to search each area mission by mission (or just use an online mission tracker) to find missions that awarded them. And missions that have mini bosses usually drop evolution caches. Oh and the Storm King always drops evolution caches. But even then, once you are running low yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Thank goodness I'm sitting on a stockpile of them :D

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Soooooooooo... obsidian or shadowshard weapons?

Before I took advantage of the Frostnite exploit I had to search each area mission by mission (or just use an online mission tracker) to find missions that awarded them. And missions that have mini bosses usually drop evolution caches. Oh and the Storm King always drops evolution caches. But even then, once you are running low yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Thank goodness I'm sitting on a stockpile of them :D
At the time I had, like, 600 of them and evolutions only took maybe 20-30 of them and I wasn't constantly updating shit so I didn't understand just how much the lack of them will stunt everything later on. But then the new hero system came which caused me to max a whole ton of new characters, and I unlocked tons of new slots to survivor squads, and elemental weapons became much more useful so I started creating alternative versions of some weapons and upgrading other useful weapons. That's on top of everything being 40-60 drops now. So now I'm just constantly out of them.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamnit this game is so buggy. I just suddenly lost the ability to go into the build mode. And of course it has to be a mission where the two teammates are some idiots who just did who knows what in a 1x2 box. Did the first phase of the Ride the Lightning mission alone without any walls surrounding the van. Then I found out a workaround to me not being able go into building mode. I went into my backpack, picked a trap and brought up the building menu that way. I still couldn't put any traps but I at least got some walls and shit around the van.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Soooooooooo... obsidian or shadowshard weapons?

I think Shadowshard would be the obvious answer, but I found in the early days when I could finally start crafting weapons of either type, that I would quickly run out of shadowshard if that was all I used... just never seemed to have enough of it, so I needed an obsidian weapon or two that I could use while replenishing the stocks of shadowshard. I looked for weapons where making them obsidian would be the better choice, and since I only use pistols in game, I found the Ghost Pistol to be a perfect candidate for obsidian. I actually liked the Ghost Pistol enough that it was the first weapon I re-perked up to legendary on everything!

The downside of the Ghost Pistol is the slow reload and slow fire rate, and making it a shadowshard weapon drops the fire rate even further, but making the pistol Obsidian does not touch the fire rate, which means the pistol re-perked to legendary for me is quite viable in game. The upside of the Ghost Pistol is that the "ghost" bullets pass through everything! Like in Rescue the Survivor, when the husks are all banging away at the side of the RV, just line them up and one headshot to them all to clear a side. Or if you have a lobber up on a cliff that is raining skulls down on you and you can't even see it because of the angle... just shoot through the cliff! The most satisfying is shooting through the shield of the riot shield husks! Not that I want to hype up the Ghost Pistol, and many would probably say it still fires too slow even with legendary perks, but I enjoy and use it in pretty much every mission... it's a trusty second weapon.

Regardless... eventually you get enough stocks of either material where it won't matter how many you craft, but this same scenario will play out again when I can start crafting Tier 5 Bright core and Sunbeam weapons. Anyway, just something to consider when choosing either.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Early on I went with Obsidian because that's what I had the most of, now I try to even it out. Tbh I don't pay much attention to it. I'm far more concerned with the weapon perks

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I wish i had made my Obliterator out of obsidian since I give them to my defenders mainly and I'm using up three at once. I have way more obsidian than shadow shard.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I think Shadowshard would be the obvious answer, but I found in the early days when I could finally start crafting weapons of either type, that I would quickly run out of shadowshard if that was all I used... just never seemed to have enough of it, so I needed an obsidian weapon or two that I could use while replenishing the stocks of shadowshard. I looked for weapons where making them obsidian would be the better choice, and since I only use pistols in game, I found the Ghost Pistol to be a perfect candidate for obsidian. I actually liked the Ghost Pistol enough that it was the first weapon I re-perked up to legendary on everything!

The downside of the Ghost Pistol is the slow reload and slow fire rate, and making it a shadowshard weapon drops the fire rate even further, but making the pistol Obsidian does not touch the fire rate, which means the pistol re-perked to legendary for me is quite viable in game. The upside of the Ghost Pistol is that the "ghost" bullets pass through everything! Like in Rescue the Survivor, when the husks are all banging away at the side of the RV, just line them up and one headshot to them all to clear a side. Or if you have a lobber up on a cliff that is raining skulls down on you and you can't even see it because of the angle... just shoot through the cliff! The most satisfying is shooting through the shield of the riot shield husks! Not that I want to hype up the Ghost Pistol, and many would probably say it still fires too slow even with legendary perks, but I enjoy and use it in pretty much every mission... it's a trusty second weapon.

Regardless... eventually you get enough stocks of either material where it won't matter how many you craft, but this same scenario will play out again when I can start crafting Tier 5 Bright core and Sunbeam weapons. Anyway, just something to consider when choosing either.
Ok, thanks. That's what I kind of figured. I did read that Energy weapons are good candidates for obsidian weapons (since they aren't the best against anyone but have some boost against everything), while elemental weapons are best to make into shadowshards weapons for maximum extra efficiency against elemental enemies.

Can the Ghost Pistol be researched? I tried to look for it in the collection book but I didn't notice it in any of the pistol lists.

Also, god damn I found a new harvesting QUEEN. Plus was reminded how decent Outlanders were. My Striker AC was nerfed so badly in that regards with the hero update so it kind of soured me on them, especially since I found the OP Ninja load out. But Arcaeolo-jess has show me the path to blessed quick harvesting light again. Damn she can do Anti Materia Charges FAST. My Outlander loadout is as follows..

Arcaeolo-Jess as the commander (increase AMC heavy attack efficiency by 128%) + Long Arm of the Law team perk that increases AMC reach by 2 tiles

Other heroes:
Fragmentary Flurry Jess (every 39 kills give 1 fragment)
Jingle Jess (TEDDY duration +4 seconds)
Pathfinder Jess (increase pick axe damage by 17%)
Trailblazer AC (increase TEDDY damage by 30%)
Ventura Ramirez (TEDDY range +2 times, damage increase by distance, max +40%)

The only downside is that I could only get her up to lvl 20 so she is kind of a weakling against the level of enemies I can do pretty easily with my ninja. Oh well, at least I'm back on the super fast matgat train.

And may I say holy shit at the onslaught of enemies even in the first SSD at Twine Peaks. Even my Ninja-Werewolf supreme was in real trouble there for a sec. But I had done some MOSTLY decent defenses, so I managed to win anyways. I ran out of bricks so some parts of my trap tunnels were extremely vulnerable to those explosive fatties (they were only level 1 walls & floors & ceilings). Luckily they didn't destroy the tunnels immediately as I somehow managed to get them to not explode their tanks for a couple of minutes, so I only had to struggle for 1-1,5 minutes without the frontline defenses.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite : place top 12 in squads
Me : pass
Fortnite : place top 6 in squads
Me:
12461.jpg

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite : place top 12 in squads
Me : pass
Fortnite : place top 6 in squads
Me:
12461.jpg
I think the best I've had was outlive opponents in solo mode -> place top 50 in solo -> place top 25 in solo -> place top 50 in solo in a row when trying to replace it one single challenge with something I can do in a squad/duo.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Ok, thanks. That's what I kind of figured. I did read that Energy weapons are good candidates for obsidian weapons (since they aren't the best against anyone but have some boost against everything), while elemental weapons are best to make into shadowshards weapons for maximum extra efficiency against elemental enemies.

Can the Ghost Pistol be researched? I tried to look for it in the collection book but I didn't notice it in any of the pistol lists.

Also, god damn I found a new harvesting QUEEN. Plus was reminded how decent Outlanders were. My Striker AC was nerfed so badly in that regards with the hero update so it kind of soured me on them, especially since I found the OP Ninja load out. But Arcaeolo-jess has show me the path to blessed quick harvesting light again. Damn she can do Anti Materia Charges FAST. My Outlander loadout is as follows..

Arcaeolo-Jess as the commander (increase AMC heavy attack efficiency by 128%) + Long Arm of the Law team perk that increases AMC reach by 2 tiles

Other heroes:
Fragmentary Flurry Jess (every 39 kills give 1 fragment)
Jingle Jess (TEDDY duration +4 seconds)
Pathfinder Jess (increase pick axe damage by 17%)
Trailblazer AC (increase TEDDY damage by 30%)
Ventura Ramirez (TEDDY range +2 times, damage increase by distance, max +40%)

The only downside is that I could only get her up to lvl 20 so she is kind of a weakling against the level of enemies I can do pretty easily with my ninja. Oh well, at least I'm back on the super fast matgat train.

And may I say holy shit at the onslaught of enemies even in the first SSD at Twine Peaks. Even my Ninja-Werewolf supreme was in real trouble there for a sec. But I had done some MOSTLY decent defenses, so I managed to win anyways. I ran out of bricks so some parts of my trap tunnels were extremely vulnerable to those explosive fatties (they were only level 1 walls & floors & ceilings). Luckily they didn't destroy the tunnels immediately as I somehow managed to get them to not explode their tanks for a couple of minutes, so I only had to struggle for 1-1,5 minutes without the frontline defenses.

I had not noticed before, but I checked and you are correct, the Ghost Pistol is not in the collection book for whatever reason. Hopefully it will come back around in the store at some point, but that's a bit of a sticking point with me and StW. I don't have Arc-Jess, but I would like it for the farming except you can't even research and need a voucher... so basically it's enjoy your farming NOT using the character we made for farming. Maybe we will bring it back in the store six months or a year from now... haha what fun for you!! Brilliant... :\

I keep kicking myself from when I first started playing StW and and didn't really know what I was doing. So I ended up passing up on so much stuff from the store because my thought at the time was... what do I need that for, I'll never use it! Oh... it's the Obliterator sniper from BR. I've used it in BR and it's not really anything special... I'll pass LOL!! Same with Gunslinger Jess... I really want that char but you can't even research... so just wait until it's in the store some day! But that's the thing I really want to experiment and tweak the hero loadout kind of like how you can with the re-perks, but can't since most everything is locked away for me anyway, and I guess it's the same for new people picking up StW for the first time. I keep asking myself... is that fun not being able to use the mechanics they put in the game... :\ They should add a quest where you get maybe one voucher per month or something... I dunno, anything has to be better than keeping shit locked away until they decide to bring it to the store again whenever. Seems like an easy way to make people just say fuck this, I'm out.

Sorry, bit of a rant there... but yeah I'm really enjoying soloing the TP SSDs especially now with the enhanced demolition, and for sure the waves will quickly reveal any flaws you have in your design! Usually I try to just hangout on top of the home base and watch it all play out when I start an SSD, which helps if they can't "sense" my presence. However, this one SSD I noticed... good grief, the amplifier is melting!! I rush over and saw one lobber had punched a hole in the lobber shield and now there were six lobbers all huddled under that one hole throwing up an aerial bombardment with an intensity I had never seen before, and that ended the SSD earlier than expected LOL!

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I actually really like the new fast food ltm!

I just had a great underdog match in which the opposing team knocked our mascot out early and decimated our team. I hid and was outnumbered 10 to 1.

I wait. 5 other players either died or logged out. It's now 5 to 1.

I built a 1x1 with a door and a trap on top and waited some more.

I managed to knock out the rest of the team looking for me and secured a victory royale! Holy crap! If only my other teammates had stayed around to watch!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found this thing

1555773532-sans-titre.jpg

Has a fuckton of HP and it's degening very quickly. Will probably spawn a second rune at the UFO thing at loot lake when it's destroyed.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I had not noticed before, but I checked and you are correct, the Ghost Pistol is not in the collection book for whatever reason. Hopefully it will come back around in the store at some point, but that's a bit of a sticking point with me and StW. I don't have Arc-Jess, but I would like it for the farming except you can't even research and need a voucher... so basically it's enjoy your farming NOT using the character we made for farming. Maybe we will bring it back in the store six months or a year from now... haha what fun for you!! Brilliant... :\

I keep kicking myself from when I first started playing StW and and didn't really know what I was doing. So I ended up passing up on so much stuff from the store because my thought at the time was... what do I need that for, I'll never use it! Oh... it's the Obliterator sniper from BR. I've used it in BR and it's not really anything special... I'll pass LOL!! Same with Gunslinger Jess... I really want that char but you can't even research... so just wait until it's in the store some day! But that's the thing I really want to experiment and tweak the hero loadout kind of like how you can with the re-perks, but can't since most everything is locked away for me anyway, and I guess it's the same for new people picking up StW for the first time. I keep asking myself... is that fun not being able to use the mechanics they put in the game... :\ They should add a quest where you get maybe one voucher per month or something... I dunno, anything has to be better than keeping shit locked away until they decide to bring it to the store again whenever. Seems like an easy way to make people just say fuck this, I'm out.

Sorry, bit of a rant there... but yeah I'm really enjoying soloing the TP SSDs especially now with the enhanced demolition, and for sure the waves will quickly reveal any flaws you have in your design! Usually I try to just hangout on top of the home base and watch it all play out when I start an SSD, which helps if they can't "sense" my presence. However, this one SSD I noticed... good grief, the amplifier is melting!! I rush over and saw one lobber had punched a hole in the lobber shield and now there were six lobbers all huddled under that one hole throwing up an aerial bombardment with an intensity I had never seen before, and that ended the SSD earlier than expected LOL!
Pathfinder Jess is an ok substitute and should be available through the collection book. Less AMCs but the increased pick axe damage is pretty decent for farming, too.

And yeah, these sorts of games that have character classes and tons of subsystems will always leave you with "why didn't I do this in the beginning" once you know what you're doing and suffer from something you left undone. I kind of acknowledged this when we got the hero vouchers. I didn't use them at all at first. Only after I had played with the new hero system for awhile and after I knew what would be good heroes from the collection for my playstyle/other heroes. I only got the Arcaeolo-jess yesterday after I noticed her AMC description.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Arch Jess was the first Hero I ever bought from the event store when I first started playing StW. Even before the Hero system overhaul she was great for farming ammo with that perk that lets you see valuable caches in a 2 tile area after x amount of hits with the pick axe. Now she's even better

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Air Royale is so darn fun. I get way into it. It baffles me how the majority of this board ddoesn't understand the appeal of Fortnite.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Air Royale is so darn fun. I get way into it. It baffles me how the majority of this board ddoesn't understand the appeal of Fortnite.
Fortnite is great, it's become my most played game ever and that's coming from someone who will choose a single player game 99% of the time over multiplayer.

Great core game, lots of variety in game to game moments and they do a tonne to freshen things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.