• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1559593418-sans-titre.jpg

Why bother at this point..

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I felt bad about this snipe - messaged them afterward to show them the clip so they didn't think I was bushcamping or something.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Well, now I've reached Twine Peaks, but I also spent the remainder of my duct tape in order to build trap tunnels to defend the rocket. And now I gotta farm a lot of the stuff to get ready for the first storm shield defense. Juuuusssssttt great.

If you're sending out a couple of supply expeditions each day you should rarely have to worry about the basic crafting supplies. You'll end up with a lot of stuff that will go in the trash but the essentials like bacon and fibrous herbs you won't have to worry about.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Arena is way less competitive than just regular duos. Only in tier 5, as I only just tried it yesterday, so big factor I assume, but it's not even close to as hard as the last 20 or so of any normal duo game is, which is just kinda sad honestly, but hey at least I now get to play with 50 health/shield on kills again.
For me the biggest jump in difficulty was at around 250 points, where I started feeling out of my element, starting to climb now though after focusing on getting better at fighting off spawn.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Please forgive my reuse of these two images below from page 89... but I simply have to because there are no words...

LOL. Once you max out it's perks and in my case, all perks maxed out for maximum crit, it's bananas in the hands of a sniper defender. It just melts ... through walls to boot. Happy Obliterating!

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
LOL. Once you max out it's perks and in my case, all perks maxed out for maximum crit, it's bananas in the hands of a sniper defender. It just melts ... through walls to boot. Happy Obliterating!

Thanks!! Funny thing is, now that I finally have the thing, I noticed I don't have all the evolution materials needed to level it up anyway!! XD

Just as an aside, since we were discussing pistols previously... hopefully you got the Whisper .45 in your inventory, because as it turns out that is an awesome little gun! I'm really liking it because of the strategic silence so you can often draw stuff over without disturbing say an encampment if there was one close by. Good fire rate and damage makes it a real competitor to the bullet-chaining Founder's Revolt, since the .45 has an easier time with the bigger husks and at higher levels the Revolt struggles with anything above the normal husks! It has left me trying to decide which to take to level 5 first... not the worst decision to have I suppose!

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!! Funny thing is, now that I finally have the thing, I noticed I don't have all the evolution materials needed to level it up anyway!! XD

Just as an aside, since we were discussing pistols previously... hopefully you got the Whisper .45 in your inventory, because as it turns out that is an awesome little gun! I'm really liking it because of the strategic silence so you can often draw stuff over without disturbing say an encampment if there was one close by. Good fire rate and damage makes it a real competitor to the bullet-chaining Founder's Revolt, since the .45 has an easier time with the bigger husks and at higher levels the Revolt struggles with anything above the normal husks! It has left me trying to decide which to take to level 5 first... not the worst decision to have I suppose!

I think I already have that. I know I have both slots for it filled in the collection book as well as the desert-eagle like gun. When I first started playing StW I came in on the tail end of whatever event the military set came out in, because I also had the silenced specter and the tiger before the military llamas came out just recently.

I normally don't bother with pistols, but after the hero system was redone there's probably a good pistol loadout I can build with heroes I already have.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Famassu there's a 4 player retrieve the data mission that awards 4x drops of rain in Twine, PL 88 City location, available for the next 23+ hours. I just got 144 drops and we didn't even keep over half the files.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
For me the biggest jump in difficulty was at around 250 points, where I started feeling out of my element, starting to climb now though after focusing on getting better at fighting off spawn.
Starting to get better players now, wouldn't say good (certainly not compared to the final 20 of any normal duo game) as they just box up and drag out fights, but definitely starting to get better, than tier 1-4 had, which I managed to get a new kill record in those matches and won 5 in a row, which I haven't done since like Season 3.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
It's weird that STW has yet to receive a skin from the battle pass. I hope the new event themed outlander in 9.20 is one of them.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Famassu there's a 4 player retrieve the data mission that awards 4x drops of rain in Twine, PL 88 City location, available for the next 23+ hours. I just got 144 drops and we didn't even keep over half the files.

Just finished this mission with some randoms and at the end we had lost two files, but were rewarded 176 PDoR plus we got another 43 from the evo cache the mini-boss dropped, so a worthwhile mission indeed!!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, thanks for the heads up, will try to go through it a few times if the 4x thing is a permanent reward. They usually are, right?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The mission rewards will change later this evening. There's a countdown displayed when you click on the mission
By permanent, I meant the rewards that you get even if you repeat a mission, not the one-off rewards that disappear after one playthrough. Of course no rewards are permantent in the long run.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
By permanent, I meant the rewards that you get even if you repeat a mission, not the one-off rewards that disappear after one playthrough. Of course no rewards are permantent in the long run.

Yeah, it's one of the permanent rewards. And it's a 4 player mission so it's easy to get full squad of randoms

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Arena has an insane skill jump from div 5/6 to champions league, bloody hell, it's like a night and day difference, I like it a lot more than the regular modes though, also pretty rapidly getting better at editing, which I've also been really bad at.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's one of the permanent rewards. And it's a 4 player mission so it's easy to get full squad of randoms
Did the mission, like, 5 times and now I have 800 PDORs. And 3 lightnings in a bottle. -_- If it isn't one bottleneck, it's the next. ^__^;

Had a lucky llama since it had a new mythic gadgeteer lead survivor who was of the exact same personality type as the legendary lead & regular survivors I already had in Gadgeteer. The previous mythic one I got for Gadgeteer that I wasn't using yet would've required all new regular survivors due to its different personality type but now I could just swap the lead one for some extra uumph.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it's actually more effective than I thought, and even I realized it could be devastating when used in a certain way. Multiple bottles can make an endgame battlefield extremely chaotic.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
IMO makes carrying a rift even more important as it's a guaranteed escape if shit starts popping off like in that video.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
LOL I frickin' fell asleep at the wheel dealing with my survivor squads. Completely missed the fact 3 of my leaders weren't even a leader match for their squads. SOOOOO I spent about an hour fixing it, spending a ton of evolution materials and XP in the process, but I went from PL 103 - 113 and by retiring the legendary squad leaders I had just sitting there collecting dust, I got about half my resources back.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL I frickin' fell asleep at the wheel dealing with my survivor squads. Completely missed the fact 3 of my leaders weren't even a leader match for their squads. SOOOOO I spent about an hour fixing it, spending a ton of evolution materials and XP in the process, but I went from PL 103 - 113 and by retiring the legendary squad leaders I had just sitting there collecting dust, I got about half my resources back.

Is autofill a bad idea?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they adjusted the Place in the Top 10 Fortbytes. That was just looking like a huge time sink. I wish they'd do the same for the experience ones, though. I just don't have friends who play, and I don't really like partying up with strangers and having to deal with all that. But without the Team Exp Boosts, getting to 225k experience is just gonna be such a grind.

Overall, I don't really like the Fortbyte experiment. I know the whole point is to continually have new little challenges coming up all the time, so I constantly come back to the game. But I'm a completionist, and now that there's a serious risk that I won't be able to complete something, it actually makes me less inclined to keep going. If they re-do the idea, I hope there are less time sinks like that.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Laughing at the people that exploited for the 100 top10 now that it's only 50 lol

I'm actually mad af, if only because Epic is freaking spineless and consistently proves it time and time again.

I'm glad they adjusted the Place in the Top 10 Fortbytes. That was just looking like a huge time sink. I wish they'd do the same for the experience ones, though. I just don't have friends who play, and I don't really like partying up with strangers and having to deal with all that. But without the Team Exp Boosts, getting to 225k experience is just gonna be such a grind.

Overall, I don't really like the Fortbyte experiment. I know the whole point is to continually have new little challenges coming up all the time, so I constantly come back to the game. But I'm a completionist, and now that there's a serious risk that I won't be able to complete something, it actually makes me less inclined to keep going. If they re-do the idea, I hope there are less time sinks like that.

(not personally targeting you, but..)
Nothing requires all 100 fortbytes, and discounting the 4 top 10s and XP ones, at least 92 are perfectly achievable through normal casual play. Calling them "time sinks" when they're obviously meant to be passive challenges done over the course of the season pretty much sums up Epic's attitude with their own playerbase.

They introduce these seemingly daunting challenges and then their larger player base complains about them taking too long and they buckle down and bend over. IMO it's insulting to their more dedicated player base but whatever. I cheesed through downtown drop so who cares I guess.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Is autofill a bad idea?

The last time I tested it, filling your survivor squads yourself is the best route. I don't think autofill takes into account neither the set bonus or any lower level survivors you could easily level up to replace inferior survivors. Leader match leads > personality match > set bonus is a good rule to go by, assuming the majority of your survivors are of similar rarity. So to answer your question, yes I think autofill is a bad idea.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
(not personally targeting you, but..)
Nothing requires all 100 fortbytes, and discounting the 4 top 10s and XP ones, at least 92 are perfectly achievable through normal casual play. Calling them "time sinks" when they're obviously meant to be passive challenges done over the course of the season pretty much sums up Epic's attitude with their own playerbase.

They introduce these seemingly daunting challenges and then their larger player base complains about them taking too long and they buckle down and bend over. IMO it's insulting to their more dedicated player base but whatever. I cheesed through downtown drop so who cares I guess.

I mean, I'm not trying to insult anybody, and I don't mean it as some major criticism of the game. Like I said, I'm a bit of a completionist. It's my own problem. I know. Obviously nothing is compelling me to get 100 Fortbytes, beyond my own desire. I'm just in this spot where I don't really like to play Fortnite every day, but I like to get everything. Challenges like this put me in a spot where my options are either "play more often than I'd like" or "miss out on this thing." If they keep moving that way, I'll probably just pay less. But I'm sure they won't mind, since I never spend any money anyway.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The exp one isn't too bad. I've already gotten all the exp ones and I've had a couple of week-long pauses in playing this season already.
Storm Flip looks like a blast in endgame. 🤦‍♂️

Like, as soon as I saw one being used for the first time, I knew that more "pro"-level endgame would become shitshows of "who has the most strom potions to add chaos & nigh inescapable zones of death to the playground and/or bandages/slurps/medkits/campfires/chugfucks to withstand a barrage of stormspheres that engulf everything (or enough rift-a-fucks to escape them)".

Again, an addition that is a fun idea maybe for a single player campaign but which is absolute & utter shit in competitive play that is hard to fathom how anyone at Epic thought it was a good idea to add into the game..

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes the xp is easy if you play enough, problem with top 10 challenges was it's inconsistent and if you play mostly team rumble you're fucked

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The 100 top 10 placements fortbyte was easy, managed to get that a week or two ago just from playing mostly solo.

Its especially easy since these days you only have around 20-25 people left after the first circle closes.

Oct 25, 2017
Any people here wanna play some save the world? I am really loving that mode again. Lynx the ninja is a blast to play. I gotta work through canny again. I was about half way but they reset progress when they added actual campaign content.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Laughing at the people that exploited for the 100 top10 now that it's only 50 lol
Wait, is that what really happened? I just assumed it was a glitch because I've had a bunch of glitchy shit happens since the most recent update. I have more than 50 (legit, without the exploit) and those bytes still aren't unlocked. And many of the style challenges are showing as still locked and/or not completed even though I've unlocked and done them.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a new rig after years of having an old one after my last GPU died. And I made a gameplay video to show to my friends to convince them to try the game out. I just jumped into a wargame which is like home base defense with some challenges added to it. I never did wargame in my own base before and I hadn't even been in this base since I started playing again. Plus on top of that I had no idea what to expect really from the challenges.

(action starts at 4~ minutes in)

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
V9.20 Content Update (Week of 6/11)

• Sci-Fi Pistol
    • These pistol projectiles are out of this world!
  • Wargames - Quantum Countdown
    • Wait… did that bomb just teleport?

v9.30 (Week of 6/18)

• Diecast Jonesy (Returning)
  • Chromium Ramirez (Returning)
  • SSD - Endurance
    • How many waves can you complete?
  • Retrieve the Data (Beta Storm Version) and Resupply return as permanent missions!

v9.30 Content Update 1 (Week of 6/25)

• Sci-Fi Bat
    • Hey batta batta! Swing at those balls of energy!
  • Get ready for some summer fun!
    • A new quest is available each Day. Complete all 14 to unlock a 💥 weapon!
  • Wargames - Shortcut

v9.30 Content Update 2 (Week of 7/2)

• Star-Spangled Headhunter (Returning)
  • Patriot Penny (Returning)
  • Old Glory A.C. (Returning)
  • Stars and Stripes Jonesy (Returning)
    • Complete one of the 14 event quest to unlock this Hero.
  • Freedom's Herald Pistol (Returning)
  • Wargames - Meltdown
    • Stay away!

v9.30 Content Update 3 (Week of 7/9)

• Sci-Fi Launcher
  • Wargames - Double Trouble
    • There are two of them!?

We wanted to give you a heads up that the Sci-Fi Llama will be available until the launch of v9.40, which is the week of 7/16. The Scifi Llama will be replaced by the Year 2 Birthday Llama and, similar to last year, we'll be providing a comprehensive checklist of items that you can snag from the Llama closer to it's launch. The Year 2 Birthday Llama will cost 1,000 Summer Tickets (Same ticket type as the previous season 9 Llamas).

Save your summer tickets peeps.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I got pretty much every other military weapon but the Obliterator from the military llamas. -_- I didn't even know they were replacing the military llamas now. I'd have maybe tried getting a few more llamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.