• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's funny how they made getting XP a whole lot easier for Battle Pass owners this season but so far there is only one skin (Rox) where XP matters in unlocking things (at least up through Vega, the latest skin I've unlocked). As a Rumble addict, those "outlast opponents" for unlocks can go fly a kite. I've still got the friggin' Ice King from season 7 on my challenge list.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how they made getting XP a whole lot easier for Battle Pass owners this season but so far there is only one skin (Rox) where XP matters in unlocking things (at least up through Vega, the latest skin I've unlocked). As a Rumble addict, those "outlast opponents" for unlocks can go fly a kite. I've still got the friggin' Ice King from season 7 on my challenge list.

Yeah, they should have how many times the opponent team died or something instead of getting 15 at a time.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Having never really used a sniper rifle before in StW... is it better to keep the Obliterator as physical damage, or re-perk it to energy?!?

I'm thinking energy, but then I have a Ginger Blaster that is physical only and it does great against smashers, so I'm having doubts.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Found a workaround for this, sticking behind after a rumble match has finished and the people on the opposite team quit out of the match before you do, will count towards this outlast opponent goals.

Used this for a lot of the weekly goals and worked pretty well.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the season 9 week 3 free battle star glitched?

I've completed all the challenges and landed at junk but the star isn't appearing

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Did all of the challenges for the new event and it was pretty fun. The wrap is cool, but I don't know how often I'll use it.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind, getting to 200k Team Score ended up happening faster than I thought it would. Got put into a team where the lowest guy had over 45k points.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really enjoying the horde mode but God damn are random fills absolutely useless at the game.

I'm there taking out tonnes of zombies, destroying obelisks and they are barely doing anything, begging for ammo and dropping out.

Don't know how I'm gonna finish the score challenge at this rate. Hopefully I can get some on my friends list to play with me as we I only just barely got the 100k one and I had around 90k of that since people were just dropping out as we went because they could even survive.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The blue heavy assault is a boss killer and great against the regular horde too. Also love the silenced pistol against the fiends. Good damage and extremely quick reload. Too bad light ammo goes so fast. The LMG is awesome too, but getting an obelisk to spawn a chest seems like a crapshoot. What triggers chest spawns?

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Yay! Solo, no defenders, no BASE Twine Peaks SSD#6 complete!!

No issues; trap tunnels seemed to hold up reasonably well although I did notice a wall or two did get blown out, but here's the thing... I don't know if this is a bug or not because of the recent War Games trap counter "fix", but when I went back into the SSD to assess the damage and check for structure failures or traps used up... walls, trap counters, everything had been reset back to what it was before I started the SSD defense. Basically it was a risk free defense!

I mean that has to be a bug... never having to replace used up traps, or rebuild broken down walls and that sort of thing, yes/no/maybe?!? Has this happened to anyone else that just recently ran an SSD?!?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Managed to eventually get all the horde rush challenges done with some friends, much easier.

Key to the score ones is to get all of the multiplier crystals and of course lots of headshots in quick succession.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course Epic brought back the pump shotgun. (Sigh)

Yay! Solo, no defenders, no BASE Twine Peaks SSD#6 complete!!

No issues; trap tunnels seemed to hold up reasonably well although I did notice a wall or two did get blown out, but here's the thing... I don't know if this is a bug or not because of the recent War Games trap counter "fix", but when I went back into the SSD to assess the damage and check for structure failures or traps used up... walls, trap counters, everything had been reset back to what it was before I started the SSD defense. Basically it was a risk free defense!

I mean that has to be a bug... never having to replace used up traps, or rebuild broken down walls and that sort of thing, yes/no/maybe?!? Has this happened to anyone else that just recently ran an SSD?!?
Epic added a thing to Storm Shields where defenses reset at the end of every defense (whether you succeed or fail). You can also break structures instantly with your pickaxe, and any traps placed will be completely refunded in terms of components. This really helps for encouraging experimentation with storm shield defenses, but it kinda has the downside of not being to do a proper post-mortem of how well your defenses held up.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Epic added a thing to Storm Shields where defenses reset at the end of every defense. You can also break structures instantly with your pickaxe, and any traps placed will be completely refunded in terms of components. This really helps for encouraging experimentation with storm shield defenses, but it kinda has the downside of not being to do a proper post-mortem of a how well your defenses held up.

I assumed that was just for War Games, but hey I'm not complaining.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm gonna stop trying to take the game seriously in arena mode, it's getting my grumpy and is reminding how I used to feel playing ranked Dota 2 back in the day.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, getting a score of 200.000 points in that new mode is gonna be quite the challenge with these randoms, oof.

Edit: Ok, managed to get it. Took a while to get a group where everybody was actually trying, but it wasn't too hard to get it when everyone is trying.

Last edited:

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Of course Epic brought back the pump shotgun. (Sigh)

Epic added a thing to Storm Shields where defenses reset at the end of every defense (whether you succeed or fail). You can also break structures instantly with your pickaxe, and any traps placed will be completely refunded in terms of components. This really helps for encouraging experimentation with storm shield defenses, but it kinda has the downside of not being to do a proper post-mortem of how well your defenses held up.

Okay, thanks... I love the enhanced demolition which is a huge quality of life improvement, but for me anyway, the post-mortem was a big part of the SSD and is how you learn from your builds. Normally I just stand on top of my home base when I run an SSD and watch it all play out from a distance, so I can't really see what's going on until after. If you get up close for each amplifier then you run the risk of the propane husks throwing their tanks because you are in the area. But if it's risk free I guess it doesn't matter... but I'm not so sure if that makes it more fun!

Oct 26, 2017
Think I'm gonna stop trying to take the game seriously in arena mode, it's getting my grumpy and is reminding how I used to feel playing ranked Dota 2 back in the day.

Arena a joke man. I've been in champions since it was introduced and for maybe the first two weeks people took it seriously. After that it just as W key as regular mode actually probably more. Only thing that is competitive are the WC qualifiers where people play for endgame.

Epic did an amazing job this season at pissing off the competitive and casual players. In seasons prior at least one of the side is happy right now no one is.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The hero loadout change reduced the viability of a lot of heroes, which killed a lot of the diverse options you would have before, but I think a few simple changes could totally change that and increase diversity tenfold.

1. Add sub-commander slot so that you can utilize the full strength of two heroes at once.

2. Two team perk slots instead of one.

3. Remove the team perk requirements. It's dumb having to waste support slots on heroes who add nothing to your build just to get access to a decent team perk.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a 6th support slot + another 5 hero loadout slots and I'll be fine. Also let me name the different loadouts!

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I have not won a single game of this Horde LTM, because every time my random fill squad makes it to the final round, the boss ends up getting glitched and stops moving way out in the storm.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The change was welcome but constructors & soldiers are just utter shit. Their mobility is shit, gathering mats is boring as all fucks and their offensive capabilities aren't so good or fun that you should abandon Outlanders' much better mat gathering or Ninjas' mobility & fun abilities to use them.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those two classes need way more spice.

Is the Plasmatron 9000 bugged or something? If not, that gun is freaking insane. You get to shoot nonstop piercing rings that explode on impact. There must be a limiting mechanic that just isn't working or something.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Got a score of 303k in the horde mode, with a bunch of randoms. The wrap you get as a reward is pretty nice.

The key is to just focus on getting the multipliers and then destroying the spawn points as much as possible. Without a decent team or if people quit before the match is finished, you'll have a hard time getting to 200k.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I've only tried the horde mode once, how do you get multipliers? I didn't see or get any in my playthrough.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
I've only tried the horde mode once, how do you get multipliers? I didn't see or get any in my playthrough.

Destroy the zombie generators and then a purple shard (the multiplier) will appear on your minimap. You have to get it during the round though as they disappear at the end of each round, the effect of the multiplier lasts the whole game though.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the giant monster in the ice was just unofficially riding off the popularity of a new Godzilla movie or will it be back and serve a bigger purpose?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Watched Muselk playing this and it was pretty damn hilarious and really creative.

Seeing someone pretend to be a windmill was great stuff and then Muselk being a drinks cup hiding on a shelf from someone was really fun.

Does anyone know if the giant monster in the ice was just unofficially riding off the popularity of a new Godzilla movie or will it be back and serve a bigger purpose?
Its been doing damage so its around. Done a load in lake so I imagine it will keep damaging stuff and lead to a big event.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
That's the skin we get for getting 90 fortbytes? :/

It's not a bad skin by any means...just bland. It hardly feels like anything worth working towards.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I played this game for the first time in months with my nephew the other day. All these crazy changes and new weapons and items...and every battle is still "build a few ramps and jump around with a shotgun." Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.