• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I leveled up Dire in StW as far as I could and he is a lot of fun to use. Definite buy if you like using a melee weapon and moving fast as hell.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Giddy Up doing the sax is great with the little legs, other than the clipping obviously

OHOgH4U.gif

Last edited:

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Is there no reward for finding all 10 secret stars/banners? I think last season we got an extra loading screen

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Oh crap, season 7 already? Took a break from the game and haven't played since week 3. Wanted to come back eventually to finish the battlepass.
Oh well, I got far enough to get the next battlepass at least.

I see 50v50 isn't up so I don't think I'm gonna bother doing my remaining challenges.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Oh crap, season 7 already? Took a break from the game and haven't played since week 3. Wanted to come back eventually to finish the battlepass.
Oh well, I got far enough to get the next battlepass at least.

I see 50v50 isn't up so I don't think I'm gonna bother doing my remaining challenges.
Can easily be done in the two modes that are up.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did this season seem to passed by so quickly? Maybe it was all the single player games I played in between or the fact that I got those fortnitemares challenges done when they were glitched and giving out battle stars... Almost naked me think the 25 tier pass is the way to go in the future. Of course, that would also mean less store purchases with my save the world vbucks.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Getting that challenge glitch and finishing the battle pass a few weeks early almost killed my interest in the game, lol. I could feel my desire to return rapidly waning, but I finally went back last night to finish out the last couple weeks of challenges, and these s7 teases have me hyped all over again.

Snowboards could be fun as hell, curious to see how they'll handle.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Buying tiers is straight up idiotic
Yeah, true. Honestly, I wish they just had regular challenges for skin modifiers instead of XP grinds. That's the thing that made me like getting to tier 100 so early thanks to the glitch. The XP modifiers made the grind a little easier. Mind you, I would never pay additional real money for tiers. I just like playing Save the World and would only really use those additional VBucks for skins I'll probably never end up using outside of the week I bought them.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Is there no reward for finding all 10 secret stars/banners? I think last season we got an extra loading screen
Nope, nothing at all. I'm kind of surprised; I thought there was a rumor or some files suggesting that there was a green pants AIM and another style for Dire/Calamity. Before I think it said 1/2 on the final week too, but that got changed at some point.

Getting that challenge glitch and finishing the battle pass a few weeks early almost killed my interest in the game, lol. I could feel my desire to return rapidly waning, but I finally went back last night to finish out the last couple weeks of challenges, and these s7 teases have me hyped all over again.

Snowboards could be fun as hell, curious to see how they'll handle.

I was able to take advantage of the glitch and honestly, even though I've complained about challenges before, doing them is one of my favorite things to do in the game. Getting wins during the season are mainly meaningless to me besides getting at least one for the umbrella. It makes me play the game differently each time in order to survive and get the challenges done.

I'll probably get the upgraded battle pass this next season just because I don't think I'll have as much time. Without the tier glitch I probably wouldn't have gotten to 100. I'm assuming the glitch is also a reason why they chose not to do the double XP weekend too.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still unlocking tiers for the Werewolf. Is that going to carry over into the new season?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I'm still unlocking tiers for the Werewolf. Is that going to carry over into the new season?
Yep, both Calamity and Dire - as long as it's been unlocked - will allow you to keep building up XP and unlocking styles into the next season. Last season's skins allowed you to do this as well (still only 3/4 of the way to the final Ragnarok unlock lol). Not sure if they'll remain unlocked forever or eventually lock down after a certain number of seasons, though.

From the Battle Pass FAQ:

HtTcJVc.png

Last edited:

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I just may have to purchase my first battle pass....
Skins get the most discussion when it comes to Battle Passes, but my favorite parts of it are everything else. A lot of stuff that doesn't have any equal in the for-purchase shop, like contrails and menu music choices.

My favorite item in the entire S6 BP was probably the Running Man emote. The OG remix music was good, too, but I just started playing a few months ago and have no nostalgic attachment to any "OG" shit from this game. It's better than the current default music, anyway.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Skins get the most discussion when it comes to Battle Passes, but my favorite parts of it are everything else. A lot of stuff that doesn't have any equal in the for-purchase shop, like contrails and menu music choices.

My favorite item in the entire S6 BP was probably the Running Man emote. The OG remix music was good, too, but I just started playing a few months ago and have no nostalgic attachment to any "OG" shit from this game. It's better than the current default music, anyway.

Yeah, that's what I like about it too. I have a feeling unlocking backgrounds will be next, it's the only thing they haven't let us change yet made a bunch through the year.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, nothing at all. I'm kind of surprised; I thought there was a rumor or some files suggesting that there was a green pants AIM and another style for Dire/Calamity. Before I think it said 1/2 on the final week too, but that got changed at some point.

I was able to take advantage of the glitch and honestly, even though I've complained about challenges before, doing them is one of my favorite things to do in the game. Getting wins during the season are mainly meaningless to me besides getting at least one for the umbrella. It makes me play the game differently each time in order to survive and get the challenges done.

I'll probably get the upgraded battle pass this next season just because I don't think I'll have as much time. Without the tier glitch I probably wouldn't have gotten to 100. I'm assuming the glitch is also a reason why they chose not to do the double XP weekend too.
what tier glitch dam I missed out.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They need to do something against kamikaze bombers in Team Rumble (if they aren't already). Either remove rocket launchers etc. completely or penalize more/somehow for people killing themselves (make the team lose a point for every explosive suicide or something).

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
They need to do something against kamikaze bombers in Team Rumble (if they aren't already). Either remove rocket launchers etc. completely or penalize more/somehow for people killing themselves (make the team lose a point for every explosive suicide or something).
Ya, it's a dumb problem with respawn modes (it was worse in Disco, even), but if you have enough shields, watching them kill themselves and you still being alive to emote on their corpse is fucking hilarious.

I would say all suicides should lose your team a point, but killing yourself is a useful way to quickly get into the circle after the looting phase, so I don't want that punished.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Canny Valley Part 3 coming thursday. Schematic down tier crafting and Frostnite coming in 7.10 (should be 2 weeks later?), looks to include a boss fight and an endless mode.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm kinda hoping they update a big portion of the map. Like, bigger than usual.

Alright I guess what I'm saying is fuck it just do the whole map as a winter wonderland. 😂

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those skins look great! Not huge on the cat robot out of the bunch but the rest look sweet.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The hat thing on the Ice King looks very weird, also really dislike the 'my face is shrouded in darkness'. Cat robot lady doesn't fit my tastes at all. I guess Christmas Sam Fisher is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.