• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
After 3 months of using default keyboard build bindings (Z, X, C, V), I finally switched to something custom. My brain is twisted in knots trying to get used to it, but at least I can do Floor-Wall-Ramp consistently without stopping or accidentally building a Wall/Floor in front of/above me now.

6YgzQTi.png

Open to tips from other PC players, I'm still not entirely sure which piece I want on the thumb mouse button.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
After 3 months of using default keyboard build bindings (Z, X, C, V), I finally switched to something custom. My brain is twisted in knots trying to get used to it, but at least I can do Floor-Wall-Ramp consistently without stopping or accidentally building a Wall/Floor in front of/above me now.

6YgzQTi.png

Open to tips from other PC players, I'm still not entirely sure which piece I want on the thumb mouse button.
I use Q for walls, E for stars, thumb mouse for floors and still F4 for the pyramid thingy. Works for me, but it's really all about your own preference.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Made it to tier 80 with all challenges done and the secret tiers. Good enough for me.

First battlepass I haven't completed but eh, Vampires > Werewolves.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
So just out of curiosity, do people prefer to buy/use skins simply because they like the look, or for a tactical advantage? I've so far gravitated towards dark full-body skins like Dusk or Calamity (and Braniac, because his green makes for good camouflage), but I'm wondering how other people handle it and if it actually matters or not.

(On a related note, I had an incident the other day where I went by a shed and there was a guy in a black outfit hiding in the shadows. I saw him only because I heard his gun cocking. Then I proceeded to shoot him through the window and he didn't respond for several seconds, apparently surprised that I even saw him at all...)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So just out of curiosity, do people prefer to buy/use skins simply because they like the look, or for a tactical advantage? I've so far gravitated towards dark full-body skins like Dusk or Calamity (and Braniac, because his green makes for good camouflage), but I'm wondering how other people handle it and if it actually matters or not.

(On a related note, I had an incident the other day where I went by a shed and there was a guy in a black outfit hiding in the shadows. I saw him only because I heard his gun cocking. Then I proceeded to shoot him through the window and he didn't respond for several seconds, apparently surprised that I even saw him at all...)
Like the look, most skins don't really provide a tactical advantage, not unless someone has utterly shit eyesight

Oct 25, 2017
When did they make zxcv the default building for Fornite? I thought default was the F keys.

I use mouse button 4 for walls and 5 for ramps, q for the pyramid, and f for floors. Shift for editing. I feel like having your building to the mouse isn't the most optimal, I dunno. I can't build for shit, as far as build battling and getting high ground on someone.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
When did they make zxcv the default building for Fornite? I thought default was the F keys.
When I've watched older videos, I see everyone's build bindings as F1-F4, but yeah, when I started in September, the default was Z-V. Much better than the F keys, but you still can't do Floor-Wall-Ramp with that setup without taking your finger off the W key.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
If the mid guy is tier 1, I MIGHT consider checking this season out sometime. I will definitely not go to tier 100 through (or anywhere close to that honestly). XD

Excited for Creative either way, so that alone is something to get me back.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the mid guy is tier 1, I MIGHT consider checking this season out sometime. I will definitely not go to tier 100 through (or anywhere close to that honestly). XD

usually the one in the front of the picture is always the 1st guy. And MAGA Santa I guess will be the 87 tier guy

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I doubt they make a girl the tier 100, if anything MAGA santa is tier 100 and he gets his santa shit as he gets xp,

I mean, we had gotten a female skin being the main face of this last season, so I feel like a tier 100 female skin wouldn't be that far fetched.

Also, the skin next to Santa off screen could be burger guy something cause of the eye.

38843882_2094150520662261_2610681624467079168_n.jpg

Edit: Oh I see that skin mentioned a couple pages back.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

We're getting dogfights. Nice.

He's the final tier. 😬

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That last skin fucking blows ass
Also RIP your credit card if you have kids with those weapon skins, idiots will keep spending hundreds on stuff they can't even use lmao

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Buying 50 skins when you can only use one is idiotic yes, especially at that price

I bought one or two skins that were 2000 vbucks closer to when I started playing, but now I have so many skins from battlepasses that I generally never buy skins now, just the battlepass and maybe a dance or two with the earned vbucks.

I can't stomach paying 2000 for a skin, especially not playing the game long term and having loads to choose from anyway.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The default Lynx skin and the Yeti skin are pretty cool, but I played 3 matches last season outside of playground, and unless you get experience for creative, which is highly doubtful, I can't really justify getting the battle pass. I should hit the 1,000 v bucks for a year of StW log ins during this event, so I'll hold out for any cool 2,000 skins.

Hopefully weapon skins won't be battle pass exclusives.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
By the end of season 7 I will probably be able to buy my first battle pass solely by diligently earning the free tier v-bucks. I also look forward to try the planes. Seems promising.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC

6YgzQTi.png

yqWpBl9.png

I have weapon 1 and 2 on Z and X(My AR and shotgun). Mouse Click in is weapon 3(SMG or Sniper)And Keys 2 and 3 for heals(Goes auto to those slots. I have F key for building edit. It took me six months to find a key bind that works for me. And recently I out the edit key at F. And now my edits are getting quicker. I will be hitting season 7 hard now that I am done with R6. I should hit you up today when you are on. And get some duos.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can go through rifts with your plane. Myself and my cousin did not expect this.

Also zip line animation isn't unique to skin. Thought it was magnet because of aim skin but nos, just a weird magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.