• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dtuj_8nUUAAgIXJ.jpg:large

New map. Pretty big expansion. Looks nice.
So they got rid of the useless areas

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, balloons are fun now, you put them on your back and can use weapons at the same time. Headshoted a bunch of people from above.

Haven't explored the new area too much, but the new town where flush factory was is pretty cool.

Don't you dare shit talk Shifty Shafts (the rest I agree).

Haven't been there, but I don't think it's removed. The snowy areas towards the center of the map are mostly the same but with snow.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely digging this seasons battle pass! They made a lot of changes to the map too as well, need more time to check it though. I dig being able to use weapons with balloons now too

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I take back what I said yesterday, this Battle Pass is really good. Lots of unlocks for the progression skins.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
First game of the new season and first win with 7 kills. Got my new umbrella!

I love the new update!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I got three Quadcrasher kills at the start of an explosives round last night and then revived the three randoms in my squad. Felt like a fucking hero.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
lol how was snobby useless? was packed with loot
"Packed" is stretching it a little for me. I do like Snobby but most of the time once i land i ask myself 'why do i like this place' because of the little amount of chests and the time it takes to loot the whole place and the high risk of getting people with high ground advantage on you.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
This game continues to be ridiculous in a good way. I just saw Dr. Lupo jumping over a plane and shotgunning the pilot, sniping someone that was ziplining and finally sniping someone while he was ziplining. Never thought I would write something like that. lol

Epic doesn't seem to run out of ideas.

Edit:

Last edited:

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
Just got the hidden star. Ran into someone else wearing the same skin as me, we both copied each others emotes and then ran to the edge of the map, waved goodbye to each other and jumped to our demise.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I love the stop-motion opening; I'd love to see that expanded into a short.

Dtuj_8nUUAAgIXJ.jpg:large

New map. Pretty big expansion. Looks nice.
Guess where everyone's landing in the first week.

And I see the lake's now "Loot Lake" again.

It's still there, only with some snow. Only places that got removed is Greasy (covered with ice) and Flush factory
I liked Greasy Grove, the Durr Burger restaurant was good for loot. Good riddance to Flush Factory, though -- great for mining metal but not much else.

And I admit the new Lynx skin looks nice to me, but I'm going to be strong and hold off on getting the BP for now...
sheah, right.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biome (non) transitions look very silly now, hopefully they address this when they change the map next time

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just been trying out the new season in rumble whilst also going for a few of the more iffy challenges for this week and i'm really liking this new area. last circle landed on the large frozen lake and it was basically just a bunch of people ice skating past with shotguns and smg's - lots of fun.

tried the new plane and it's okay, although the guns on them are super inaccurate and seem largely useless. managed to kill a guy who had swooped down to hit me with an smg tho which felt very cool

edit:
here's a clip

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No idea if its just the rumble mode, but this game performs shit on PC again

Goes from 141 fps to about 3 and looks as if it's about to crash before it hangs for 5 seconds then acts as if everythings fine.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Digging that whole snow area there.

Only seen the skins so far, and definitely not going to bother going for the Ice King. The skins I would probably want are the tier 1 skins and Sgt Santa, though I haven't seen the different unlockable styles yet. The rest are meh, and this is probably quite a step down from last season honestly.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
part 2 of santa and part 3 of the ice king are the best themes

I'd say its a stretch to call this christmas themed, kept some vbucks back for the inevitable christmas skins in store

Glad they added weapon skins too, but the current choices suck

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I have never felt more badass than boarding a persons ship, shotgunning him in the head and then plowing down another guy in the plane I just stole.

Hot damn, this is fun.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh my god that Snowman Head Sgt Santa lol, and not a fan of Zenith, but I really like Lynx too.

So okay, getting into another season lol, but that is cause basically the stuff that I really like are in the tier 1-25 range, so I don't need to put in as much work. As for the weapon skins, eh, but I would take the arctic and red wrap.

This stuff with the planes sound so much fun.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the trails are also really nice this time. Won in my 2nd solo game, which is a big difference compared to previous seasons; last two seasons I hit the first solo win only after 40+ games.

I like the map changes although I saw everybody jumping out there and decided to go Westworld the 3 games I was able to play and only got to walk in it shortly. But it looks fun when watching it on Twitch.

I have 2200 points left now to spend on an awesome skin that are tied to my PS4 account. I hope that there wil be a nice one this season as I only play on PC with controller now for solo and on my X for cross platform squads.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
stage 3/4 lynx in the full red looks incredible

zenith looks pretty good in the black and yellow too

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Retail Row might be the new home of Durr Burger. The food trucks arrived there a few days ago and it now looks like they're setting up permanently.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
The castle above Haunted Hills is destroyed now. Guessing the snow will melt/fall off from Polar Peak and we'll have a new castle.

Finished the challenges and got a solo win, the new umbrella isn't so great.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I liked the season 6 offerings more, but overall its a solid bit of neat content to unlock this season. Definitely in it for the Ice King. Anyone know if he gets a back bling? I know we couldn't see Dire's back bling until we actually had access to his challenges.

Also I love the weapon skin patterns. Too bad we didn't get them in Season 6 for some cool Halloween patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.