• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
How viable is it for a casual player who spends like maybe 1-2hours per day playing this game and is not particularly good at the game to reach tier 100 on the battle pass?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How viable is it for a casual player who spends like maybe 1-2hours per day playing this game and is not particularly good at the game to reach tier 100 on the battle pass?

Super viable. I've gotten tier 100 on every single battle pass so far, the most important thing is keeping up with daily quests. If you play a little bit each day whe those pop up and clear the weekly stuff along the way you'll make it pretty easily. The xp requirement for the skin tiers is the grinder spot, I still didn't max Ragnarok after an entire extra season of playing but those are always there to work towards.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Super viable. I've gotten tier 100 on every single battle pass so far, the most important thing is keeping up with daily quests. If you play a little bit each day whe those pop up and clear the weekly stuff along the way you'll make it pretty easily. The xp requirement for the skin tiers is the grinder spot, I still didn't max Ragnarok after an entire extra season of playing but those are always there to work towards.
Roughly how long did it take for you to reach tier 100?

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
That's pretty much how much I play and I reached tier 100 last season at the start of week 10, still had a few challenges and a secret tier to spare. If you do the challenges and launch the game everyday for dailies you should be fine.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
That's pretty much how much I play and I reached tier 100 last season at the start of week 10, still had a few challenges and a secret tier to spare. If you do the challenges and launch the game everyday for dailies you should be fine.
That's reassuring. I was worried that I would have to grind a lot but it seems that simply keeping up with the dailies and weeklies should be enough.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's dumb idea was it to automatically send Epic friend requests to my PSN friends? Shit got annoying after three notifications.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I'm feeling some of the new updates. The planes feel kind of out of place (not in love with the controls either) and the zip lines feel really poorly implemented. The new parts of the map are cool, though I wonder if the game is really benefited by having an even larger map with even more loot and even more PoIs. It already had too many for the number of players and state of the gameplay, frankly. The Battle Pass has some really cool stuff in it but the skins are pretty disappointing compared to the things I was hoping for from a holiday themed event. It's the first time where it feels like they've really dropped the ball on that front as normally I see two or three skins I think I'll use and here I'm not sure I'll use any of them.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's reassuring. I was worried that I would have to grind a lot but it seems that simply keeping up with the dailies and weeklies should be enough.
Yeah, just doing the weeklies and a good amount of dailies and you should be more than fine, I did season 4 only playing every few days.
If you buy the more expensive Battle Pass you don't even really need to bother with the daily challenges and can even do it in 1 day (at the end of the season, takes something like 8-15 hours) if your are good enough.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just doing the weeklies and a good amount of dailies and you should be more than fine, I did season 4 only playing every few days.
If you buy the more expensive Battle Pass you don't even really need to bother with the daily challenges and can even do it in 1 day (at the end of the season, takes something like 8-15 hours) if your are good enough.

That's insane, so just wait until the end when all the challenges are out and smash them out in one go.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's insane, so just wait until the end when all the challenges are out and smash them out in one go.
It's a option, I personally wouldn't recommend it, as some challenges are just complete luck based and you'll probably have mostly good players at the season end, but it's worth it if you are late to the season and really want to get the late Battle Pass items.
Doing it with the 950 Battle Pass gets you to around 70 I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Noir York City
Exclusive Wal-Mart LE Spray codeS:
NNPT5-2KK7Q-A88NW-JS8QB
P3FQR-PP429-KZWS3-WP82V
N7XP8-SZLLE-8Y9J2-GKD5K
LTP2P-54DVE-KX54X-Q6FF9
Y67U3-7RQ6N-4FMK7-5BQ29
SEDGQ-BTTUN-HKBTH-G8MU2
8ZEPL-LY3NQ-5FKPJ-97EB7
P475H-6YC8E-NC2EF-7XWEP
QHB6B-4JUBZ-BMEC7-FDVUU
CG4UV-9H5XG-BPRVH-XU8WF
3DUQD-4YYZ9-23W53-9VFS2
QAVPD-Y7XBP-MZHCJ-G36RB
TMF9R-FK26N-TXNB4-GBKPC

Please post which one you take. I'll post more tommorrow.
Got QHB6B-4JUBZ-BMEC7-FDVUU, thank you, sir!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My main gripe with planes atm is that it feels like the payoff for blowing them up is really bad. They just get a free deploy away or towards whoever they want, and if you outgun them in a dogfight you didn't really damage the player itself at all in the process and have to try to track them down.

If you don't jump out before the plane explodes, I think you should die. There's basically no downside to being in one, worst case you can find an empty plane and just drive straight up and bail to essentially make a port a rift.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
My main gripe with planes atm is that it feels like the payoff for blowing them up is really bad. They just get a free deploy away or towards whoever they want, and if you outgun them in a dogfight you didn't really damage the player itself at all in the process and have to try to track them down.

If you don't jump out before the plane explodes, I think you should die. There's basically no downside to being in one, worst case you can find an empty plane and just drive straight up and bail to essentially make a port a rift.
Pretty much.

It's a guaranteed way to make it to top 10 with absolutely zero pressure.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I got a new SSD and want to move the install of the game to a new folder. Did that and it crashed so I deleted everything and downloaded the epic games launcher installer
You can't even choose where to install it, it defaults to where your windows install is. What the fuck epic ?

1544208721-sans-titre.jpg

edit : well I guess you can install the game on another drive.. I'll take it

Last edited:

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just got a headshot with the hunting rifle while floating with balloons on a guy flying a plane....and I couldn't record it because I'm playing on the Switch. God damnit

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Log in again and once again the game starts automatically sending out friend requests to my PSN friends. Please tell me there is a way to turn that shit off

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on PC noticing freezes? Like it freezes for a few seconds randomly? Seems to be memory leaks

I thought it was the vehicle skins at first but it still does it.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Exclusive Wal-Mart LE Spray codeS:
NNPT5-2KK7Q-A88NW-JS8QB
P3FQR-PP429-KZWS3-WP82V
N7XP8-SZLLE-8Y9J2-GKD5K
LTP2P-54DVE-KX54X-Q6FF9
Y67U3-7RQ6N-4FMK7-5BQ29
SEDGQ-BTTUN-HKBTH-G8MU2
8ZEPL-LY3NQ-5FKPJ-97EB7
P475H-6YC8E-NC2EF-7XWEP
QHB6B-4JUBZ-BMEC7-FDVUU
CG4UV-9H5XG-BPRVH-XU8WF
3DUQD-4YYZ9-23W53-9VFS2
QAVPD-Y7XBP-MZHCJ-G36RB
TMF9R-FK26N-TXNB4-GBKPC

Please post which one you take. I'll post more tommorrow.
Whoa, awesome! Grabbed 8ZEPL-LY3NQ-5FKPJ-97EB7. Thanks!!

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i haven't played this since spring.. this season/update has me ALL in. i'm shocked at how much the game has changed in just a few months.

i could use some buds to play with on Xbox: CalamitySanity

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Is it me, or is it weird how skydiving is inconsistent? If I jump out of an airplane I can skydive and redeploy, but if I jump off a zipline I have no recourse but to crash into the ground...?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that Switch players are thrown in lobbies with other platforms without being given a choice now. Auto-pickup was tweaked and I hate it.

I'm liking the new season. It's cool to see the new areas even if I had to sacrifice Flush and Greasy for it. The intro video was incredibly charming.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that Switch players are thrown in lobbies with other platforms without being given a choice now. Auto-pickup was tweaked and I hate it.

I'm liking the new season. It's cool to see the new areas even if I had to sacrifice Flush and Greasy for it. The intro video was incredibly charming.
Thought it seemed different

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I turned off auto-pickup because I got sick of discarding grey bursts, how did it change?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a silly question but if I want to play on PC with a Xbox controller who do I get matchmade with?

I know on PS4 if I played with a KB+M I would play with KB+M PC players but does that work the other direction if i use a controller on PC? Will I only play with other controller players?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a silly question but if I want to play on PC with a Xbox controller who do I get matchmade with?

I know on PS4 if I played with a KB+M I would play with KB+M PC players but does that work the other direction if i use a controller on PC? Will I only play with other controller players?

I'm pretty sure playing on PC at all will always pit you against other PC players/KBM.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Took a break during the middle of season 6 but the new stuff is fantastic. Now that it has planes this is the GI JOE game I wanted as a kid. They should really do a 80's GI JOE tie in btw.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

The type of players you get paired up with shows up on the top right corner in the lobby. So normally all controller players play together and keyboard players play together in each platform and with some overlaps (like console keyboard player playing with PC KB players)

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I love it when the Locker glitches out like this. I hope they start letting you mix and match pieces at some point.

mhrt6r.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had the weirdest thing happen earlier on ps4.

Was playing in a squad with my nephew and great nephew and when we loaded into the starting island I was suddenly in another chat party. Left the game and was still in it so was forced to restart the game.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Some observations:

-Planes are kind of fun but dear fucking Beelzebub are they an ear sore. Such constant noise pollution when a few of them are around. Gets really annoying after awhile.
-they vault useful weapons like double barrel shotgun but keep useless shit like scoped assault rifles (in a game that already has 500 different types of assault rifles). GG Epic, GG. I didn't personally use it but I know a lot of people did because I was killed with one so often. :P
-I'm not sure if I like these wires being EVERYWHERE. Plus I've died a couple of times when I've accidentally hit one and it has whisked me straight in front of an enemy that I was trying to outmaneuver. >_<
-new area is pretty cool (the alp village type place seems like it would be fun for early game gun fights so long as the game doesn't screw you over and give you a grey pistol vs. a golden pump shotgun), though they destroyed one of my favorite landing spots in the process, like I was afraid of when we learned of the snow storm coming from the direction it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.