• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's awesome. Really thought they were going to stay the course on this.

I'm guessing that they looked at the game data and realized the sword was involved in a ton of late game encounters with the winner often coming out on top and realized just how much it screwed with the game's balance.

I do like the mythic items idea...I just think an LTM for them would be awesome!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give props for owning up to that. Can't even imagine what future mythic item ideas they have/had. They really ought to use LTMs more even as a testing ground for weirder stuff like this.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give props for owning up to that. Can't even imagine what future mythic item ideas they have/had. They really ought to use LTMs more even as a testing ground for weirder stuff like this.
To be honest an OP Mythic gun that didn't change anything else about you(like added health and shield, or crazy movement abilities) wouldn't be that bad. You could still easily get killed but it'd give you a rare chance at superior offense.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they were planning to bring the Infinity Gauntlet to normal game modes as a Mythic.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Man, someone outlined in the reddit thread how hard of a decision this probably was. The sword was featured in the trailer, it had a banner, hell it had its own location in the game. I bet they'll bring it over into a LTM though in a week or so.

I'd love to see a series of LTM modes (maybe they could rotate out each week?) with a Mythic Weapon. Have the Infinity Blade, have the Infinity Gauntlet, a gun of some sort that could pierce through buildings or something etc. In these "Mythic" modes it'd be cool to bring back other vaulted weapons too.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
They obviously knew that it was overpowered, they knew it didn't make the game better, they knew that it would create hype for a few days and I find it very hard to believe they didn't plan to get rid of it. This is their modus operandi. Do stuff, break stuff, fix stuff, forever.

The ziplines need to be completely removed and/or redone. They're needless and also just clumsily implemented.

The planes are really fun to fly, but don't feel remotely balanced when you're on the ground because there's so little risk for the fliers. You take too little damage if it explodes, you can get out too quickly, it's too hard to hit the pilot, and it's far, far too hard to damage players that are sky diving and parachuting. It's just all too generous. There are also, frankly, too many planes especially given that, contrary to everything in the game, they are guaranteed spawns.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Just weaken the planes up a bit. They are really easy to take down but yeah, could leave you open for a pump shot.

Epic didn't learn from the Gauntlet thing did they?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Planes seem pretty balanced. You're not really safe at all if people actually shoot at you and you don't do that much damage.

I grinded out the Lynx outfit. It's going to look pretty ugly until next week though.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest an OP Mythic gun that didn't change anything else about you(like added health and shield, or crazy movement abilities) wouldn't be that bad. You could still easily get killed but it'd give you a rare chance at superior offense.

I feel like their idea of something being Mythic would basically alter a lot of stuff by default, especially if they follow the theme of the sword and only really let one player in the match have it. For a gun to be that worth fighting over it basically would have to be broken, or it's just gonna be ignored. If the end result is ignored or abused it makes the whole thing not super interesting.

Though it's hard to even imagine what a mythic gun would be.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like their idea of something being Mythic would basically alter a lot of stuff by default, especially if they follow the theme of the sword and only really let one player in the match have it. For a gun to be that worth fighting over it basically would have to be broken, or it's just gonna be ignored. If the end result is ignored or abused it makes the whole thing not super interesting.

Though it's hard to even imagine what a mythic gun would be.
It can just be slightly stronger than anything in the game and people would want it because it's unique and gives them a slight advantage. You don't even need to have it broadcast a beacon when its not in someone's inventory. It'd be cooler if it was just out there in someones inventory. That's the only way to have a Mythic gun not completely destroy the balance of the game, just make it superior to Legendaries.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't think they'd instantly back down after the Reddit post, fair play EPIC.
My little brother and his friends started celebrating when I told him. I wonder if anyone actually liked it?

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
Why? They're in no way OP.
theres no disadvantage to being in a plane. that 25 damage change they made earlier this week changes nothing. people are still going to dive bomb into your builds/houses without taking damage, people are dying instantly to a plane bumping into them and watching pro's hovering in the air pretending to shoot each other in competitive is a joke.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Koreans should heave a sigh of relief as the massive Korean tournament is to take place today, I think. Half of participants are celebrities so hopefully that dumb plane alliance stuff doesn't happen as well.

Poor NA lol

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
theres no disadvantage to being in a plane. that 25 damage change they made earlier this week changes nothing. people are still going to dive bomb into your builds/houses without taking damage, people are dying instantly to a plane bumping into them and watching pro's hovering in the air pretending to shoot each other in competitive is a joke.
It should definitely kill you if the plane blows up, I agree

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Korea Open live on Twitch. Local interviewers pulling people out from the crowd is making for some great on-the-fly translator moments lol

Edit: These are some really fun matches! Lots of skill but a different feel than the usual Fortnite tourneys. Aimhero in particular is a blast to watch.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think planes are THAT much of a problem, but it's too unpunishing and easy to use.

IMO just make them 'real' planes. Give them fuel (boosts use additional fuel) and make them self-destroy when flying into mountains/buildings. No more endless kamikaze nosedives.

Killing the pilot on destruction is abit much I feel.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killing in explosion would be a bit too harsh.

Personally I think 40 damage + plus forced parachute opening after explosion would be fine.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If the plane was better at showing how much health was left I would feel better about it doing more damage.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Have they said anything about making the health/shield/mats on kills the norm? That's soo much more enjoyable than the regular modes imo. To the point I don't really play normal modes anymore, just the team deathmatch mode when the Pop-Up cup isn't live.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Canny Valley, wanted the pin but just finished P1. Was a fun experience, especially the Storm King. While kinda easy, the game needs more of that stuff. Felt real epic.

Now gimme my email for the pin!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I have so long to go before I beat Canny. I only just did the oil lamps mission. I've been grinding out XP in Battle Royale. I have two weeks off coming up, so I should be able to finish before the end of the year unless the Dreams beta comes and takes over my life. It's just crazy how bad my RNG has been with some of the quests. I was only averaging one to two listening devices per match.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the extra Canny Valley missions they added in the last update. There were some good rewards from those quests, like a couple of legendary / mythic heroes and a legendary super shredder, my favorite weapon in the game. I'm at power level 81 so I coasted through but they were still fun especially Ghost Town and the storm king. I can't wait for my pin :D

Oh and go for those snowflake tickets because those llamas have a really good chance at coughing up legendary survivors.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between using all my snowflakes on the legendary llamas or waiting for the winter llamas to come out... I do need legendary survivors though...

I don't know how much more you'd get over legendary troll stash llamas. I've been getting some really good loot out of them. Several legendary survivors and a couple of legendary lead survivors, on top of some nice weapons. The Halloween llamas were shit in comparison.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much more you'd get over legendary troll stash llamas. I've been getting some really good loot out of them. Several legendary survivors and a couple of legendary lead survivors, on top of some nice weapons. The Halloween llamas were shit in comparison.
You're right, but at least they had a somewhat interesting and unique weapon set inside them, and I didn't get a couple legendary versions of weapons that I wanted from them. At the very least the winter llamas will have some new heroes and weapons. Anyway I might buy just one more legendary troll stash before then if the mood strikes me.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Season 6 recap video today:
- I completed every weekly challenge
- my favorite emote was Pop Lock (597 uses)
- my most used legendary weapon was the Compact SMG
- 47,743 structures placed
- most landed spot was Tilted Towers
- I saw the end of the cube event

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Season 6 recap video today:
- I completed every weekly challenge
- my favorite emote was Pop Lock (597 uses)
- my most used legendary weapon was the Compact SMG
- 47,743 structures placed
- most landed spot was Tilted Towers
- I saw the end of the cube event
Upset that Epic doesn't send me these e-mails for whatever reason :(

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys me and some pals just ran into a sword user again. Personally I'm stoked but everything I've read says that it was removed. Where does it spawn currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.