• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explosive 50s is unplayable, couldn't build or shoot for 15 straight seconds at some point. Test your garbage.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Single shot is actually really great.

If you've got a solid team that doesn't want to land in Tilted, it's pretty easy to get a victory royale.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
I hope Team Rumble returns tomorrow. Only mode I play outside of Solo which I only play for challenges.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit one shot is fun. I just won 2 back to back alone. I had 20 ballons and stayed in the sky the whole match pretty much trying to pick people off

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The winner was a default hiding behind a tree with 0 kills, I didn't bother to look up if it was his first win or not, but it probably was. I imagine the look on his face when the Victory Royale popped was just like "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut".
Can confirm, the first time I got a win because everyone else killed themselves I was just "...what just happened?"

I feel like making a new thread on the main board about Fortnite on the Switch is becoming a Hot Mess of a game. There are so many bugs happening it's not funny and too many software closing moments. It feels like Epic Games have given up on fixing any of the problems and becoming tone deaf.
I don't think it's that bad. Aside from the music cutting out on emotes it seems about the same as before to me. Got a couple of good games today, even. Just wish they'd re-enable video capture.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I had an 11 kill game in One Shot and died to the storm in the 1v1 because I ran out of Grapplers :(

This kill was funny, dude scared the shit out of me and then I just blasted him

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So I played a couple rounds of Explosive 50s (finally, some 50s modes again), and me along with this other guy dropped in to the building that has the Christmas tree in greasy grove.

This guy ends up trolling with me, doing the laugh emote, stealing most of the stuff, and trying to block me from getting out of the building. I try to get out once, he blows up the ramp I was coming up, but then I do get out and start skating up north. Only then that I realized he knocked himself out from the first time I was trying to leave lol, and decided just to leave him for dead. XD

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are people's feelings on DJ Bop?
When you look on the world map there should be another pin to the right of the Frostnite pin. It's the only mission there
Do you need to be caught up with the 14 Days of Fortnite quests? It's not appearing for me(just got to Twine Peaks) but then again I'm only on the 14 Days quest where you unlock the snowball launcher.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
What's with all these terrible LTMs lately?

Like we had the Literally Unplayable "Hardcore Mode", some other bullshit, and now this pale shadow of UT Instagib.

Instagib worked because the Snipers were Hitscan and didn't require scoping in. This is just terribad.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
What are people's feelings on DJ Bop?

Do you need to be caught up with the 14 Days of Fortnite quests? It's not appearing for me(just got to Twine Peaks) but then again I'm only on the 14 Days quest where you unlock the snowball launcher.

Good question but I don't know. It just showed up and his morning when I got my ass out of bed.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
^^^That looks SUPER cool. Nice job.

I can give them a break for certain things like performance which can be very demanding at times and perhaps the Switch is just not up to snuff. But some of the bugs are rather baffling. Like the music suddenly disappearing in the lobby, or how Gyro controls are reversed when you take the joysticks off the switch or use a pro controller.
The music out from lobby is annoying, but I hadn't really have any other issues aside from that. You have to switch between the 2 gyroaming modes if you change from handheld to TV mode because of the way you interact with the joycons is different.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
^^^That looks SUPER cool. Nice job.

The music out from lobby is annoying, but I hadn't really have any other issues aside from that. You have to switch between the 2 gyroaming modes if you change from handheld to TV mode because of the way you interact with the joycons is different.

But it's the reversing left and right gyro movement that changes. Why would it need inverting? The controller isn't upside down...

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
But it's the reversing left and right gyro movement that changes. Why would it need inverting? The controller isn't upside down...
I don't think I ever got that issue, unless it happened for the last update. In any case, switch the modes. On handheld mode you are rotating the joycon for giro aiming, in TV mode you will normally jist change the position of the joycon without rotating.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, got my first Victory Royal in ages grinding out alone the "Top 6 in Squads" daily. That was weird. Haven't even tried in months. (I'm not into the building aspect of this game at all) But Boom Box + Quad Launcher and suddenly there it was. 7 kills too. Not bad.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Has Epic said how long we will have to complete the 14 days of Fornite challenges? I have a few to wrap up and wondering how urgently I should do them.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Team Rumble is back, thank god
Figures it would come back after I've finished my XP grind for the season. Oh well, now I just hope these solos are counting towards the Tier 100 skin challenge. They've done it different ways in the past seasons, so I have nothing to compare it to. Last season didn't start the grind counter until you actually reached the tier, but Season 5 counted everything.

Does anyone know?

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Has Epic said how long we will have to complete the 14 days of Fornite challenges? I have a few to wrap up and wondering how urgently I should do them.
Everything Christmas event related went back to normal about an hour ago, including the 14 days of Fortnite challenges.

No more legendary weapon presents, no more red supply drops, no more christmas decorations, no more rotating LTMs, no more 14 days of Fortnite rewards, no more snowball launchers, etc.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
There is a slight possibility Epic will extend the 14 Days of Fortnite event, because there was an Epic employee that said people would have a few more days to complete the challenges and then they ended this morning. Reddit is pretty upset about it, so they might extend it.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
There is a slight possibility Epic will extend the 14 Days of Fortnite event, because there was an Epic employee that said people would have a few more days to complete the challenges and then they ended this morning. Reddit is pretty upset about it, so they might extend it.
People are saying there was a timer ingame for when the event ended. Employee posting a date that he thinks is right doesn't change the real thing of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Played on my new 144hz monitor and goddamn. The smoothness and the little input lag took me a back. I've been playing Fortnite in slow motion all this time.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Well that's a bummer if it's actually over but at least all i'd have missed out on is the weapon wrap and disco glider.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Played on my new 144hz monitor and goddamn. The smoothness and the little input lag took me a back. I've been playing Fortnite in slow motion all this time.
Ya, it's transformative. I'm intentionally avoiding seeing what a 240Hz monitor looks like, because I'll want to upgrade again. I would have to buy another $500 GPU to get 240fps, though, lol (there is no way I'm doing that).

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
At 1080p with a 2070? It's very doable if you're playing Fornite and Esports tittles.
I like playing with native resolution and High settings (except for shadows, because it's just easier to see with them all the way off).

No way I'm doing some stupid stretched-rez shit like Twitch streamers do. Most streamers are just on 144Hz anyway, I know Tfue gets 240fps, but he has like a $5000 PC that was given to him by sponsors.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The glider is annoying because it plays music very loudly, but the disco wrap was cool.
Yeah i'd never use the glider so not too sad about that but the wrap did look cool. Oh well, there's always next year lol

Speaking of monitors, I finally went from playing my Xbox One X on my Samsung KS8000 with a 60hz RF and 37.7 ms of input delay to playing on a Dell monitor with a 76hz and 5ms of input delay and the difference is insane. My build timing and shooting has increased dramatically and now i'll definitely be upgrading my monitor and graphics card this year to switch over to the real-PC experience for the higher RF rate and no input lag. Cross-play just need to become a thing on all games so I can feel even less guilty.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I like playing with native resolution and High settings (except for shadows, because it's just easier to see with them all the way off).

No way I'm doing some stupid stretched-rez shit like Twitch streamers do. Most streamers are just on 144Hz anyway, I know Tfue gets 240fps, but he has like a $5000 PC that was given to him by sponsors.
Who said you needed to stretch out the res? Don't you have a 8700k and a 2070?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I really liked the rotating selection of LTMs. The more Squad modes they have the better, especially if they have the big 30vs30 or 50vs50 modes.
I hope these become a mainstay and either rotate a Solos LTM in every week and a new Squad every month or something or they just keep at least one baby mode for people like me who just like to play casually and do challenges.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Who said you needed to stretch out the res? Don't you have a 8700k and a 2070?
Ya, and that setup gets about 120-144fps at 1080p on High settings. I would have to drop settings/rez significantly or add another RTX card to go for 240fps.

Even pro gamers don't need 240fps, plenty have 144Hz home setups and only get to use 240Hz when they visit LAN events and shit like that.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
My most embarrassing 2nd place finish was P90ing the third place guy and then ducking into one of those little huts in Wailing Woods to drink mini pots and he had put a trap on the roof of it. The only reason there would be a trap there was for exactly what happened, the guy had no plans of winning and was just hoping for the guy that killed him to try to heal in there afterwards. And I did. Even as I was walking in, I had the split second thought of "There wouldn't be a trap in here for no reason, would there?" and then *KACHINK*. Lesson learned: Build my own 1x1 to heal in, instead of using prebuilt structures that could be trapped, even if it would make no logical sense for a trap to be there.

The winner was a default hiding behind a tree with 0 kills, I didn't bother to look up if it was his first win or not, but it probably was. I imagine the look on his face when the Victory Royale popped was just like "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut".
i still think dead players' traps should just deactivate

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Glad I don't have a life and did all the xmas challenges in time! :P

PS: picked up a Switch pro controller today. That thing is cooooomfy

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Traps absolutely should not deactivate if the player dies. I do think they should allow you to build traps on other people's walls though.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Traps absolutely should not deactivate if the player dies. I do think they should allow you to build traps on other people's walls though.
I don't like that. I think the consideration of "Is this wall mine or his?" is an important part of build battles, when it comes to editing and trap plays. It adds skill to build battles, and build battles need every bit of skill they can get when spamming buttons as fast as you can is a pretty viable strategy.

It goes along with why I'm so opposed to glider redeploy in normal game modes.

Last edited:

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I decided to finish the few challenges I had left last night. I was worried I'd wake up and it would be over based on the in-game timer and sure enough I wake up to Reddit bitching.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
What's with all these terrible LTMs lately?

Like we had the Literally Unplayable "Hardcore Mode", some other bullshit, and now this pale shadow of UT Instagib.
Agreed. One Hit was annoying partially because my sniping sucks and partially because the floaty gravity was a pain to deal with. Explosive 50s was a little better but still too chaotic to be enjoyable. Even Disco Domination was better than these, or just being back Soarin' 50s.

Everything Christmas event related went back to normal about an hour ago, including the 14 days of Fortnite challenges.

No more legendary weapon presents, no more red supply drops, no more christmas decorations, no more rotating LTMs, no more 14 days of Fortnite rewards, no more snowball launchers, etc.
Good thing I got all the stuff I wanted anyway (the wallpapers and the disco glider).

Status
Not open for further replies.