• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Dang, would have like the wrap instead of the glider lol hard to be made over something free 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Pump to SMG is my bread and butter in this game. Grinding out Disco Domination/Team Rumble matches has gotten me so good at it.

Last edited:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Played a few rounds of Team Rumble tonight, just to blow off some steam and get a few of my "<Weapon X> eliminations" challenges completed. Naffed the first game like a noob, but I ended up on a pretty impressive (for me) kill streak in the last game, at one point taking out 4 players almost back-to-back-to-back using just a Suppressed Pistol.

Which leads me to finally ask the question, what's the benefit of a Suppressed weapon compared to the regular variant, other than the quieter noise? Does your target not notice they're getting hit or something? It seemed like one or two of the people I was shooting at didn't even notice I was there -- I fired at one guy from behind at nearly point-blank range and he didn't even turn around until he was almost dead. Or was it just dumb luck on my part?

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice I double-posted.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
They might be quieter, but I feel like I get more close kills with a pistol than a shotgun. Definitely underrated.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Man, whoever thought it was a good idea to have the Power Level for events tied to Storm Defense progress should be ashamed. I'm getting tired of having to requeue over and over because all I'm getting are PL 15 - PL 40 for my PL 70 Frostnite missions.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks sorry if you get this alot - just interested in what the current state of cross progression is for fortnite. My kid has an account that's solely linked to the switch but also has a ps4. I've been wary of going anywhere near linking it to the ps4 after all the previous fuss. I do know they've began (?) implementing changes there, but is it still a total no no linking his account to the ps4?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Hey folks sorry if you get this alot - just interested in what the current state of cross progression is for fortnite. My kid has an account that's solely linked to the switch but also has a ps4. I've been wary of going anywhere near linking it to the ps4 after all the previous fuss. I do know they've began (?) implementing changes there, but is it still a total no no linking his account to the ps4?
you can log onto the same epic account across any device and carry over your progression, the only thing that hasn't been implemented yet is merging two separate accounts together

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Account linking should be fine. They're still working on getting all the items you unlocked on different accounts together (account merge), they postponed that to early 2019.

More info here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/account-linking-steps

Oct 25, 2017
you can log onto the same epic account across any device and carry over your progression, the only thing that hasn't been implemented yet is merging two separate accounts together
Account linking should be fine. They're still working on getting all the items you unlocked on different accounts together (account merge), they postponed that to early 2019.

More info here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/account-linking-steps

Right, fantastic folks, thanks for the time :) there's only the one account at all, which is linked to the switch game, no fortnite on the ps4 at the minute, so I don't need to merge anything, I just worried if I did put fortnite on his ps4 and linked the account there too that he might get locked out of fortnite on the switch (I remember something about if an account had been linked to psn it wouldn't work on other consoles?)

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Right, fantastic folks, thanks for the time :) there's only the one account at all, which is linked to the switch game, no fortnite on the ps4 at the minute, so I don't need to merge anything, I just worried if I did put fortnite on his ps4 and linked the account there too that he might get locked out of fortnite on the switch (I remember something about if an account had been linked to psn it wouldn't work on other consoles?)
You're correct, for the longest time Sony prevented cross-play on PlayStation 4 and held your account hostage. They've since changed their stance (at least for Fortnite) and made it possible :)

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing around Christmas I like the game a lot enough to get battle pass.

Im still hot garbage at the game, learning to build on reflex will take me a while. And it seems like a lot of the daily challenges I only come close completing them on team rumble and maybe get lucky doing some of the harder battle pass challenges

Funny observation they should not allow balloons in rockets only. One guy got a few and he was literally King of the battle field. Nobody was able to shoot him out the sky.

Is there a general resetera key so we all can play together?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
does anyone actually like the six shooter? this is a legit question considering i'm not great at the game - and it might come down to my lack of skill using the thing - but right now it feels like the absolute worst gun to use in most situations.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
does anyone actually like the six shooter? this is a legit question considering i'm not great at the game - and it might come down to my lack of skill using the thing - but right now it feels like the absolute worst gun to use in most situations.
It's good in early game if you land at a busy place & get one, but I don't think it holds up when people gain shields & mats
Tac SMG 4 lyf :(
Miss the Silenced SMG too though.
And yet we still have scoped Assault Rifle. Who has ever used it unless absolutely forced to?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's too weak, I rather have the revolver back, it was at least a worse Deagle and fun, if also mostly bad. But with the Deagle and Silence/Pistols the Six Shooter is just outclassed completely.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I think everyone hates the six shooter. The Silenced Pistol seems to be the best, but for all of the pistols there seems to be a pretty weird bloom effect going on...or maybe im just not aiming it right?

I saw a few people mentioning the six shooter would be cool if they changed it to a dual six shooter

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The only plus I see for the Six Shooter is that it's almost completely quiet when reloading. But I never use it if I have an alternative.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah Six shooter is redundant in the current sandbox. I only pick it up when I have no other option but immediately discard it for anything else.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Literally the only time I use the six shooter is in Wild West mode. It sounds cool in theory but in practice even the old grey revolver was a better gun.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The six-shooter was just something that was meant to spice up the Wild West mode and the Deadfire skin and they forgot to vault it after.

They didn't really forget, but that's what it feels like.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
More Wal-Mart spray codes:
GGUGE-QNXX6-X764Y-K53X3
PG32N ZFKWM KJBLJ MMGZB
EPLQ3 27J9G 6KM9K N4CGS
L8GY2 VEPCX 938UC AYTDE
3DP93 SY7LJ WX4TL ZH8FE
BR7E8 WH69F WEDML 47G8W
EQQZL GPP7M J4D2T YMF6B
YRFRF YEDM3 RBLM8 BQR5K
A2Z48 ERKCT EJ8AL KA8YA
SKC95 HLFQS SBVMF 3YG2B
VQ2AM LFHVU 6GGD2 LDV32

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Man Snow Foot looks so good but also too similar to Spider King which I already have... it's a bummer that Epic has pretty much shut down leakers making it harder to know if anything better is coming soon.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
The ice 'jitter' is easily the worst bug in the game. Got it for the first time yesterday and almost threw up.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got into playing this again today, getting some of these weekly challenges done will be a pain like kill people at x location.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, doing Canny's SSD 6 unlocks star level 4 in the new setup? That's fucking insane. Canny would be a bitch with just 3 star heroes all the way through. Some of the later areas can be tough with 4 stars.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, doing Canny's SSD 6 unlocks star level 4 in the new setup? That's fucking insane. Canny would be a bitch with just 3 star heroes all the way through. Some of the later areas can be tough with 4 stars.

If that's what it says when you try to evolve to a 4 star hero / schematic then yeah. I can't evolve anything up to 5 stars unless I complete Twine Peaks SSD4 and I barely made it past the first one with 1 other player helping. I don't remember what I had to do to get to 4 stars because it was before the update, but I'm pretty sure I had 4 star heroes on CV SSD6.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

You 100% do not need more than 3* heroes for CV.

Your weapons and traps are what matters, and even they don't need to be higher than 3* in CV.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
If that's what it says when you try to evolve to a 4 star hero / schematic then yeah. I can't evolve anything up to 5 stars unless I complete Twine Peaks SSD4 and I barely made it past the first one with 1 other player helping. I don't remember what I had to do to get to 4 stars because it was before the update, but I'm pretty sure I had 4 star heroes on CV SSD6.

It was in the third skill tree before. Pretty easy to get what you wanted quickly. In fact, I think the old skill tree is way better than what we have now. I'm just glad I had already nabbed my 4 star heroes before the change.

You 100% do not need more than 3* heroes for CV.

Your weapons and traps are what matters, and even they don't need to be higher than 3* in CV.

Sorry, I main an ability based hero, so all my damage comes from my tech skills and ability multiplier. That's where my perspective comes from.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I main an ability based hero, so all my damage comes from my tech skills and ability multiplier. That's where my perspective comes from.

The majority of which comes from your FORT stats, your overall PL, not your Hero's power level. 3-4* boost in hero stats is negligible relative to the content.

3* is more than enough.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Was there no update this week? I don't think I've downloaded an update file. We're still waiting for that progression bug to be fixed in STW.

Status
Not open for further replies.