• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1546703543-sans-titre.jpg

Why are people so fucking dogshit at this game

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use the mode for challenges, Ive done so many in that mode it's ridiculous.

Helped me get back into the game too and used to the controls.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between a win and a loss in Team Rumble is like 100 XP. It just doesn't matter. People would put more effort in if you got an extra 500 XP or so for winning.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
When my PC was broken and I was temporarily playing on PS4, I did notice that PS4 players generally seemed to go for kills in Team Rumble more than PC players.

On PC, it's extremely common for <5 players out of the 20 to have like 80%+ of the kills , but I saw a bit more of an even spread on PS4. On PS4, I also ran into less players that would go down without fighting back, where on PC I very often run into players where I'm like "Ya, that guy was only here for the challenges and is clearly just waiting for the match to be over".

Just my anecdotal experience.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo! Went all the way through the end of Canny Act 1 through Twine SSD 4 in the last week and a half! Had to solo through SSDs 1, 3, and 4. Got lucky and found someone for 2. I can finally fully upgrade everything now!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo! Went all the way through the end of Canny Act 1 through Twine SSD 4 in the last week and a half! Had to solo through SSDs 1, 3, and 4. Got lucky and found someone for 2. I can finally fully upgrade everything now!
Is Twine manageable? Currently at Twine 1 (am PL 75) and want to proceed, but not sure how hard it is + I don't feel like increasing my difficulty of events yet. After Twine 1 it becomes PL 88 I believe?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a stream of dr disrespect over Xmas and he was on PC playing random duos and sometimes he would match with PS4 players, how is this possible?

He asked him if he was using a scuf and there guy said he was, was he lying and was the random just using mouse and keyboard?

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
First time I saw "Joel's Bar" outside of a city location and saw it in a ghost town in Canny Valley... was not expecting that. I've already done the side quest, but it was interesting to see. What's not interesting is trying to find those "spa" locations... *sigh*

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I was watching a stream of dr disrespect over Xmas and he was on PC playing random duos and sometimes he would match with PS4 players, how is this possible?

He asked him if he was using a scuf and there guy said he was, was he lying and was the random just using mouse and keyboard?
I imagine it's possible and they'll be matched against other mixed controls teams.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
So this might be a loaded question but what exactly is the difference between Level, LVL, Tiers, battle stars and xp?

I see all these numbers in the lobby but I have just a vague idea what they mean...

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Most likely matchmaking with a M&KB plugged in, then possibly swapping to their controller once in the game. That's the only way to get into PC matchmaking on your own as a console player, people do it all the time to join some of the "scrim lobbies". Good chance this guy was doing the same but with the intention of matching up with the streamer.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So this might be a loaded question but what exactly is the difference between Level, LVL, Tiers, battle stars and xp?

I see all these numbers in the lobby but I have just a vague idea what they mean...
EXP that you get from playing the game and doing stuff & winning give you levels. Leveling up (& completing challenges) gives you battle stars. Battle stars "level up" your battle pass that has 100 tiers and as you get up those tiers it unlocks new cosmetics tied to specific tiers. There's a free battle pass that has relatively few items (you don't get stuff on every tier) and there's a paid battle pass that gives out stuff on every one of the 100 tiers.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Is Twine manageable? Currently at Twine 1 (am PL 75) and want to proceed, but not sure how hard it is + I don't feel like increasing my difficulty of events yet. After Twine 1 it becomes PL 88 I believe?
I mean, you'll want to move on eventually, I'd think. The change in challenge difficulty did put me off doing Frostnite for now, but I'm sure after I start doing more work in Twine, I'll get more comfortable.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
First time I saw "Joel's Bar" outside of a city location and saw it in a ghost town in Canny Valley... was not expecting that. I've already done the side quest, but it was interesting to see. What's not interesting is trying to find those "spa" locations... *sigh*
They're huge locations on the outer edge of nearly every ghost town map.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

They aren't that difficult. I think I was at 76 when I started. You can also bank on having other players in there that are over leveled. The 4 player missions can get kinda hard though

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got to Twine at power level 87 and I don't find it too too hard yet.

I think you should have some shadowshard schematics going into it though.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the missions themselves in Twine aren't bad at all. The SSDs were a bit of a bitch, but then again, I basically did them solo in a day.

Also, I can't believe I never realized how good Striker is for gathering materials. I can come close to maxing all three out from basically nothing in a single match. I mean, I'm sure this is common knowledge, but I don't watch anything Save the World related outside of a David Dean video here and there.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, the missions themselves in Twine aren't bad at all. The SSDs were a bit of a bitch, but then again, I basically did them solo in a day.

Also, I can't believe I never realized how good Striker is for gathering materials. I can come close to maxing all three out from basically nothing in a single match. I mean, I'm sure this is common knowledge, but I don't watch anything Save the World related outside of a David Dean video here and there.

Striker AC is the farming guy. He can anti-material punch nearly constantly and his reach is big enough to go through multiple resources.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info on Twine all! Think I'll wait a tiny bit longer, just for the weekly Frostnite challenges :>

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to team rumble got caught up on all weekday and daily challenges in about probably 7 hours playtime lol

It's great to play this casually whether it be solos or other modes. I just need to get much better at building as that really lets me down.

Been having a right blast as well, god I love Battle Royale games be it PUBG, this or Blackout, so many good different take on the genre.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to skin leakers?

Got a pic of what it looks like? Having trouble visualising lol
Epic changed the way they do stuff with data, so leakers can't datamine the skins and such anymore. I think.

For the building:

4i3jgu8o8am11.gif

You build walls, stairs and optional floor and do that 2/3 times to get yourself a quick elevated position in cover.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic changed the way they do stuff with data, so leakers can't datamine the skins and such anymore. I think.

For the building:

4i3jgu8o8am11.gif

You build walls, stairs and optional floor and do that 2/3 times to get yourself a quick elevated position in cover.

Holy crap that's insane building lol. The speed.

What Noppie said but also several of the more prominent leakers were threatened by Epic to stop otherwise they would face legal consequences.

Wow, I wondered why a few of the twitter accounts I followed fell silent. I can see why they would do it as it does spoil the surprises.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap that's insane building lol. The speed.
I slowed it down to a piece-by-piece video to at least give you some idea where each piece is going. When it comes to 90s, there's a lot of improvisation you can do depending on how secure you want your structure to be, the speed you're going for, and how many materials you can afford to spend. There is no perfectly right way to do 90s, the important thing is that each consecutive ramp is rotated 90 degrees from the one before it and the rest is kind of up to you. Most of what you're practicing is the timing of the jump so that you phase through your own ramp and land on top of it, instead of building it above your head and getting stuck (I think this is called "Harry Potter-ing yourself", but I've never read/watched Harry Potter and don't understand the reference).

The other building technique I find important to practice earlier rather than later is Ramp/Wall/Floor (or whatever the hell you want to call it, I don't think it really has a name). It's just putting a floor and a wall underneath your ramps to add some extra reinforcement to them. Depending on materials, sometimes just a wall beneath the ramp is enough, the floor is usually a little overkill. Basically you want to look down as soon as you cross the very bottom of the ramp and then quickly press the Wall and Floor buttons, before going back to the Ramp button as you're looking back up. All about practicing the rhythm so you're not putting the walls or floors in front of or above you.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I slowed it down to a piece-by-piece video to at least give you some idea where each piece is going. When it comes to 90s, there's a lot of improvisation you can do depending on how secure you want your structure to be, the speed you're going for, and how many materials you can afford to spend. There is no perfectly right way to do 90s, the important thing is that each consecutive ramp is rotated 90 degrees from the one before it and the rest is kind of up to you. Most of what you're practicing is the timing of the jump so that you phase through your own ramp and land on top of it, instead of building it above your head and getting stuck (I think this is called "Harry Potter-ing yourself", but I've never read/watched Harry Potter and don't understand the reference).

The other building technique I find important to practice earlier rather than later is Ramp/Wall/Floor (or whatever the hell you want to call it, I don't think it really has a name). It's just putting a floor and a wall underneath your ramps to add some extra reinforcement to them. Depending on materials, sometimes just a wall beneath the ramp is enough, the floor is usually a little overkill. Basically you want to look down as soon as you cross the very bottom of ramp and then quickly press the Wall and Floor buttons, before going back to the Ramp button as you're looking back up. All about practicing the rhythm so you're not putting the walls or floors in front of or above you.

Cool, thanks for that, nice building skills

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope they don't add more stupid crap tomorrow.

dual pistols coming back is awesome. Loved them

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...Denied emote available to buy in the shop a day after the Bears kicker misses the GW field goal. COINCIDENCE?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
That feeling when you get a Mythic Lead in a squad with perfect personality match.

+4 PL after upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.