• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like lag has been more of an issue recently for me. Someone shoots at me with a shotgun and I'm dead with a bit of delay. Someone shot way past me but somehow I still took, like, 150 damage. I clearly shoot at & hit someone but nothing happens to them while I'm dead a second later. I build walls that never materialize or that bullets just fly through in a manner that mine never do against others. I shoot someone in the upper body or head in close proximity on my screen with a legendary pump shotgun and only do 55 damage, as if I've barely hit them. Shit sucks.

On a different tangent, this food fight mode is trash, but man if the wall dropping down isn't an insanely awesome event. Too bad it's tied to such a shitty game mode.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes:

What's New?
Suppressed Sniper Rifle
Trade power for stealth with the Suppressed Sniper Rifle. Drop in now and sneak up on your enemies!

The Block
Drop to The Block and explore the newest community creation! Bounce around in the DM Arena made by KojackNumber2.

Limited Time Modes

14 Days of Fortnite has been extended for a limited time! For the next week, drop in and complete any Challenges you may have missed out on to earn in-game rewards.

We'll also be featuring some of the most popular Limited Time Modes that have been available over the past two weeks. Log in each day to find out which modes are available to explore. Weapons + Items
  • Suppressed Sniper Rifle added.
    • Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
    • Can be found from chests, floor loot, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops.
    • A single shot, scoped sniper rifle.
    • The suppressor makes for a quieter shot, trading stealth for power.
      • Deals 100/105 base damage
  • Six Shooter has been vaulted.
  • The following variants of the Burst Assault Rifle have been vaulted:
    • Uncommon, Common, Rare
  • Dual Pistols have been unvaulted.
  • Dynamite drop rate reduced by 40%.
  • Boom Box adjustments:
    • Drop rate reduced by 33%.
    • Health reduced from 600 to 400.
    • Duration reduced from 25 seconds to 18 seconds.
Gameplay
  • X-4 Stormwing adjustments:
    • The knockback a player receives after being hit by a Stormwing has been decreased by 70%.
    • Damage done to the Stormwing from colliding with structures has been increased by 50%.
      • Impact damage reduction while boosting through structures reduced from 50% to 25%
    • Increased the spread of the Stormwing machine gun by 75%.
    • Stormwing spawn chance has been decreased to 80% from 100%.
  • Supply Drop health has been reduced to 250/500/750 (Solo/Duo/Squad).

Bug Fixes
  • The X-4 Stormwing is no longer able to fly above the max build limit.
Creative
This is an early release so you may experience client crashes, loss of progress, or other unexpected errors.
Weapons + Items
  • Suppressed Sniper Rifle added to Creative Inventory Weapons
    • Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
    • A single shot, scoped sniper rifle.
    • The suppressor makes for a quieter shot, trading stealth for power.
      • Deals 100/105 base damage
Save The World
What's New?
Santa's Little Helper
Help Santa deliver gifts, with a BANG! Find this weapon in the Weekly Store.

The Popshot Shotgun
Blast through enemies with this rapid firing shotgun! Get your very own by completing Frostnite Challenges.

Weapons + Items
  • Santa's Little Helper will be available in the Weekly Store
    • Launches explosive presents that damage and knockback groups of enemies. Does not consume ammo, but has very low durability.
    • Available from January 9 at 7 PM ET until January 16 at 7 PM ET.
  • The Popshot Shotgun will be available as a Frostnite Weekly Challenge reward
    • A rapid firing low capacity semi-auto shotgun
Missions + Systems
  • Weekly Frostnite Challenge 2: Burn Bright
    • Time between enemy waves is drastically reduced. Use your time wisely!
    • Weekly Frostnite Challenge 1 Quest rewards include:
      • Challenge Banner 2
      • Popshot Shotgun
      • Snowflake Tickets

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v7-10-content-update-3

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The following variants of the Burst Assault Rifle have been vaulted:
  • Uncommon, Common, Rare

Holy fuck FINALLY
Also could they not be bothered to tell how much headshot damage does the suppressed sniper do ?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
So they removed the bursts to appease people who are shit at the game? I don't get it. The burst is always the better option. Hell, get a burst a rarity below.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Damnit, I loved the burst. Especially because a lot of people would leave them for the regular AR. I'd take a lower quality burst over the regular anyday. You could wreck people close range with it and it was good long if you took your time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cant believe they vaulted the bottom three bursts, i mean i would rather have a normal AR but the burst has saved me plenty of times and allowed me to shred into enemies long range when needed too.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Every now and then? Fools, you should be lasering dudes on the regular with a burst.

__

I have a lot of blue squad leaders. My luck is awful with them.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The Doc has already gotten bored of Blackout and is actually having fun with Fortnite now, his streams the last 2 days have been great

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
For those of you that don't know, Ninja and HighDistortion are in a race for first to 100k kills. I believe Ninja is around 97k and has only a few hundred lead. The next few weeks Ninja will be going strictly for kills so be prepared for a lot of really great gameplay. HD is also really good but to put things in perspective, Ninja has more kills than him with 3000 fewer games played. Absolutely insane.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
My kid got me into this game, after months of begging me to play with him. It's weird because to me it's not even a competitive shooter, to me it feels like a shooter RPG (because of the challenges that I'm obsessed with completing as if they were quests) and collecting game because Ive got to unlock or buy the skins.

It was the respond modes. Team rumble and disco domination are two of the funnest game modes I've played since Goldeneye in the 90s. When those modes return my kid and I have a ton of fun playing. It's actually helped us bond even more and we get excited when the new challenges come out every week or the item shop updates (no spoilers allowed: we load it up on our respective systems and then see what the other may have bought).

Two months ago I was sitting on chapter 3 of red dead redemption two and happily skinning animals and shooting O'Driscolls and I could give a shit about this game. I haven't touched RDR2 since the first part of November And suddenly here I am watching gaming streams on my lunch break and following people that used to annoy me like Ninja or the Kingslayer.

I'm on Xbox "Deo Diabolikal" or PS4 "bgraven" if anyone wants to play. Yes, I have two accounts, the Xbox is my main and the PS4 is my kid but I play occasionally to help him get XP or survivals and he wants me to get a winners umbrella for him. I've got my first umbrella a few days after Christmas but it was on mobile and in a solo LTM and during the "thank the bus driver massacre" so I feel like I want to try and get one on the Xbox.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
My kid got me into this game, after months of begging me to play with him. It's weird because to me it's not even a competitive shooter, to me it feels like a shooter RPG (because of the challenges that I'm obsessed with completing as if they were quests) and collecting game because Ive got to unlock or buy the skins.

It was the respond modes. Team rumble and disco domination are two of the funnest game modes I've played since Goldeneye in the 90s. When those modes return my kid and I have a ton of fun playing. It's actually helped us bond even more and we get excited when the new challenges come out every week or the item shop updates (no spoilers allowed: we load it up on our respective systems and then see what the other may have bought).

Two months ago I was sitting on chapter 3 of red dead redemption two and happily skinning animals and shooting O'Driscolls and I could give a shit about this game. I haven't touched RDR2 since the first part of November And suddenly here I am watching gaming streams on my lunch break and following people that used to annoy me like Ninja or the Kingslayer.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

I'm on Xbox "Deo Diabolikal" or PS4 "bgraven" if anyone wants to play. Yes, I have two accounts, the Xbox is my main and the PS4 is my kid but I play occasionally to help him get XP or survivals and he wants me to get a winners umbrella for him. I've got my first umbrella a few days after Christmas but it was on mobile and in a solo LTM and during the "thank the bus driver massacre" so I feel like I want to try and get one on the Xbox.
The game is significantly worse when something like 50v50, Disco Domination, or Team Rumble isn't in the playlist.

But when they are, Fortnite is pretty much the only game I want to play. I live for the chaos of these Large Team modes. The regular BR modes are a bit too slowly paced for me (and I wish the LTMs were even faster, like Team Rumble with a 30v30 playercount, 150-200 kill limit, and a smaller playing space).

Last edited:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The fun part of Fortnite is its flexibility -- I love 50 v 50 and Team Rumble for the chaos, but I also like BR for the slower-paced survivalist aspect, even when it becomes a running simulator at times. But the mechanics are the same so it's easy to switch between them at any time.

But let's be clear, Fortnite is not a competitive shooter... and that's a big part of its charm. It's too sloppy to be competitive, so there's less reason to get stressed out about your performance. If you lose, shrug it off and have another go. It's a big Massively Multiplayer Arcade Game in my book.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god...my son did the thing I read happens to others and never thought would to us. He just spent $180 on Fortnite purchase on my PS4. I imagine I am fucked. Anyone know if I contact Epic or Sony to beg and plead? Google is giving mixed answers.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god...my son did the thing I read happens to others and never thought would to us. He just spent $180 on Fortnite purchase on my PS4. I imagine I am fucked. Anyone know if I contact Epic or Sony to beg and plead? Google is giving mixed answers.
I think there's some kind of refund option in the game's menus but I'm not sure if it gives you back those purchases in V-Bucks or real ones (I'm guessing the Vs). And I think that only gives you back whatever it does for singular skins/items and is limited to, like, 5 purchases. You are probably fucked, but it never hurts to ask.

At least you know now to turn on the "always ask for account password when purchasing stuff" option (or change it if your son knows yours).

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Hime is back in the store, just a reminder there's a selectable style that removes the helmet and makes the skin way better

55T1YOM.png

b_chamba

Oct 26, 2017
my brother called xbox when he bought $25 of vbucks by accident and they refunded it and he got to keep the v bucks. I think you probably get one chance to do this.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DwjyEkJVsAAcBfL.jpg:large

What's the best mode for that damage with different weapons in a single match? Disco dom?

I used that team rumble mode for every other weeks challenges lol, would've been perfect for this one.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
On Reddit, they said the "Damage with different weapons" challenge is glitched so that it's only counting KILLS, instead of just damage.

So definitely Disco.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knocked out the different weapons in a single match challenge easily in a Disco Dom match on my phone during my commute this morning.

Is it a set amount of damage with each weapon? Or does it not matter? So it could be 1hp with 5 weapons and it's all good? That's assuming it's not glitched and was based on damage lol

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is it a set amount of damage with each weapon? Or does it not matter? So it could be 1hp with 5 weapons and it's all good? That's assuming it's not glitched and was based on damage lol

There's that claim about the glitch only counting kills, but I had no issue there. any amount of damage from 5 different weapons. like other challenges, it'll usually only show the progress in the game once you die (before respawning). was pretty easy in Disco Dom.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely glitched, but it should be 1hp with 5 different weapons yeah.
There's that claim about the glitch only counting kills, but I had no issue there. any amount of damage from 5 different weapons. like other challenges, it'll usually only show the progress in the game once you die (before respawning). was pretty easy in Disco Dom.

Cool, I'll try it later tonight. SnugTeam6 did you die at all when going for that challenge? I saw on Reddit just now someone say you have to get the kills in one life, respawning resets the clock.

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, I spoke with Sony today and as a one-time courtesy they said they would refund to my virtual wallet. So...I guess that is good. I don't like to buy digital games, but I'll live. Much happier that I can at least use that $180 to buy some new games in 2019 than get nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.