• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've had the game on PS4 since BR launched, and I recently connected my account to the Switch version. If I bought the new skin+V-bucks bundle on the Switch, would this carry over to the PS4?

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the game on PS4 since BR launched, and I recently connected my account to the Switch version. If I bought the new skin+V-bucks bundle on the Switch, would this carry over to the PS4?
The skin would, but I'm not sure about the V-Bucks.

I have 300 V-Bucks on my PS4 account I earned from the battle pass while I was building my new PC that I can't access on PC. I have to spend them on PS4, and 300 V-Bucks can't get you anything. I think I'm just kinda waiting for another 300 V-Buck gun wrap to come back to the store and I'll login on PS4 and buy it that way to get rid of them.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Can confirm the skins definitely transfer from one platform to another. I booted up Fortnite on my iPhone just to get the Rogue Agent skin a few weeks ago, and he's now in regular rotation when I play on the Switch.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, OK. My skins and V Bucks from StW are on Switch now, so I guess it'll make sense that it'd work the other way. Suppose there's no harm in trying it.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Leaked challenges for tomorrow. You'll also be able to unlock the secret skin for the season for 60 challenges completed.

FREE PASS CHALLENGES
  • Use a Sneaky Snowman in different matches (3)
  • Stage 1: Dance on top of a sundial
    • Stage 2: Dance on top of an oversized cup of coffee
    • Stage 3: Dance on top of a giant metal dog head
  • Shotgun Eliminations (3)
BATTLE PASS CHALLENGES
  • Complete timed trials in an x-4 Stormwing Plane (3)
  • Stage 1: Land at Retail Row
    • Stage 2: Land at Frosty Flights
    • Stage 3: Land at Haunted Hills
    • Stage 4: Land at Shifty Shafts
    • Final Stage: Land at Dusty Divot
  • Pop Golden Balloons (10)
  • Eliminate opponents at Junk Junction or Retail Row.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The skin would, but I'm not sure about the V-Bucks.

I have 300 V-Bucks on my PS4 account I earned from the battle pass while I was building my new PC that I can't access on PC. I have to spend them on PS4, and 300 V-Bucks can't get you anything. I think I'm just kinda waiting for another 300 V-Buck gun wrap to come back to the store and I'll login on PS4 and buy it that way to get rid of them.
And then a new 300 V-Buck gun wrap comes to the store today, lmao

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
My wife won her first solo game today. Actually, she solo'd a Solid Gold duos game. Pretty proud considering this is her first third person shooting game she's played.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On Xbox, the option to disable it has been removed for quite a while.

That's not how that option works AFAIK.

All it does on the PS4 for example is prevent people not on your platform from joining on you (which would put you into a cross-play lobby).

Even if you have it "Enabled", if your party is just you in a solo, or you + other players on your platform, you're not put in cross-platform lobbies. Cross-platform play only happens when someone in your party is on another platform or has a M&KB plugged in.

EDIT: Yup ^^

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You only "crossplay" if you are playing with a friend on another platform IIRC. When you are alone you match up with people playing on only the platform you are on.
That's not how that option works AFAIK.

All it does on the PS4 for example is prevent people not on your platform from joining on you (which would put you into a cross-play lobby).

Even if you have it "Enabled", if your party is just you in a solo, or you + other players on your platform, you're not put in cross-platform lobbies. Cross-platform play only happens when someone in your party is on another platform or has a M&KB plugged in.

EDIT: Yup ^^
Actually, you two are right. I haven't been playing much solo and only with my PS4 friends.
I guess my issue is more for Console cross-play having to play with KB+M players with no option to disable it. As a casual player who has no desire to actively try that hard with every single encounter, it gets very frustrating.

I've talked with friends and console needs a lot more control options so that we can at least be closer to PC in terms of speed of input.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Actually, you two are right. I haven't been playing much solo and only with my PS4 friends.
I guess my issue is more for Console cross-play having to play with KB+M players with no option to disable it. As a casual player who has no desire to actively try that hard with every single encounter, it gets very frustrating.

I've talked with friends and console needs a lot more control options so that we can at least be closer to PC in terms of speed of input.

Well, that's also the same. You only play with KBM people if you are playing with a friend on PC or using KBM on a console. It splits everyone out. If your friends aren't using KBM, you won't play with KBM people.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Well, that's also the same. You only play with KBM people if you are playing with a friend on PC or using KBM on a console. It splits everyone out. If your friends aren't using KBM, you won't play with KBM people.
That is what they say but reality is its not true. I've played with controller only people in my squad and be killed by people with TTV or YT in their names and then when I go to their channels they are playing on KB+M.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yup Deception is right on this one, cross-play servers essentially = PC servers.

PC players playing duos/squads (even in full PC squads) can be matchmade against console users cross-playing or console users with a M&KB plugged in.

There's no further split based on input method when it comes to cross-play, it's either your own platform, or you're put into the big pool of cross-play which are basically PC servers (since even PC players NOT cross-playing are part of that same pool).

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Gyro Aim?
Well for one I am Xbox so unfortunately do not have gyro aim, but besides aim, I was referring to the amounts of inputs it takes to do an action.

For example:
Switching weapons, if you need to switch from your 1st weapon to your 3rd weapon, that requires 2 inputs vs 1 input for PC. This can be easily fixed by allowing us to map specific weapon slots to certain buttons.
Destroying and Editing a wall, on Console, it takes 3 inputs vs 2 on PC.
Editing, while I believe it takes the same amount of inputs, it's more intuitive and responsive on PC.
Placing a trap, this always glitches out for me on console and I believe also takes 3 inputs vs 2 inputs on PC.

Small things but can have a major impact in a fight. Not to mention the whole FPS directly affecting rate of fire discovery that was recently made. Not sure of the validity of this but it puts PC players at even more of an advantage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/aibsus/fps_directly_affects_the_rate_of_fire_of_guns/

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I agree about the general controller vs. keyboard input issue, but in the end I think the difference is negligible. Weapon switching, for instance, can be handled by finding an order for your gear that works for you to swap quickly between your preferred choices. The FPS bug is a bigger issue, but that's a player-vs-player inequity, not a platform-vs-platform inequity.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The difference isn't negligible when in a fight and often tips the scale into PC players favor.
Also, the FPS bug is very much a platform vs platform issue since PC players can set their FPS lower or higher, whereas console players cannot.
If a PC player with 144 FPS is shooting faster than you on console then how it is that not a platform issue?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
My point is that different computers will have different FPS settings, so it's not like all PC players are inherently having an advantage there.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
If you've unlocked the Snowfall skin, you can find one of three additional styles for it by interacting with a key in Polar Peak. It's in a room near the top of the tower.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I actually found that easy but the problem was it took three goes for it to register that I had completed it.

Typically the o ly challange left is the snowman one and I can't for the life of me find one more when I actually need it.
I either fuck up the roll or smack the house. Only tried a few times though as the storm was there and the plane was nearly dead. Couldn't really be bothered doing the rest today.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I either fuck up the roll or smack the house. Only tried a few times though as the storm was there and the plane was nearly dead. Couldn't really be bothered doing the rest today.
Yeah I hit the house a couple of times myself, luckily I had the time to keep trying. There was like 3 planes all taking turns to try and do it with some arsehole shooting at us every now and then.

Found the snowman in the end so back up to date now, plus got the second form prisoner too and was already level 100.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have some ecstasy I can buy off them

lOQh8VA.png

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
At 32 I'm the oldest of my immediate coworkers (who range from 19 to mid 20s) and I'm utterly bewildered by the fact that I'm the only person amongst them excited for a Marshmello concert in Fortnite, lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into it.

Both modes, been enjoying STW but man the Plankerton grind is the worst.

Also won my first game of the season today. Started at Battle Pas Lv 6 and now I'm at 21 from my work.

I'm hoping to maaaybe get to BP 75. Sure I'd love 100 and get that cool skin but my main thing is that Carbon and Gold skin... looks so good.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the emote for the music but passed on the other stuff.

This key hunt going on is just another thing that they're doing that is so simple but really effective at getting people to explore the world they've made. I love the concept.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Has/is anyone else experiencing severe ping spikes on PC? It's doing my head in. It's the only game that does it and has basically rendered Fortnite unplayable for my son and I on PC.

My ping will be at <10 and then suddenly jump to 800-1000 for no reason every minute or so.

Really hoping there's a solution.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
After Switch optimizations, they're focusing on Mobile bug fixes now.

• Unable to Build
    • We are currently investigating a variety of building issues and hope to have more information.
    • Got info to share? Drop it here!
  • Reset button will not apply when user slides along the button when editing a wall
    • Fixed in v7.30.1
  • Temporary loss of 'ADS' functionality upon switching between weapons
    • Fixed in v7.40
  • Deleting then reinstalling the Fortnite app will reset the user's HUD Layout
    • Fixed in v7.40
  • No spectator icon appears after killing a player on mobile.
    • Fixed in v7.40
  • Double tapping from a weapon to a consumable briefly fires the equipped weapon (visual bug)
    • Fixed in v7.40
*If we learn new information is discovered or a fix is now arriving in a later update the change will be reflected in the above list

Last edited:

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The Marshmello glider is really quite nice and has become one of my favourites. The simple music it plays is enjoyable enough, it's the same music you hear with pickaxe, but what really sells the glider for me is how well they did the lighting. The glider glows and emits its own light, which looks really good at night especially with how the lighting illuminates your character hanging below it... as a whole its a self-contained little light show that works well with the standard glider design.

Status
Not open for further replies.