• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Campfires found naturally in the world can now be activated for the same effect as the trap campfire.

EDIT: Errr, after tomorrow's update

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably in light of the lootbox controversy, but yes, it is to stay.
Cool. Will make it more likely I might actually waste V-bucks occasionally. Like, I saw that there is mythic lead survivor and I probably wouldn't mind spending V-bucks to get one. Unfortunately it was a mythic for a squad I already have a mythic one for. -_-

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
These rocket & grenade launchers really need to go from respawn team modes, or their drop rates need to be dropped to, like, 0,000001%. Rocket launchers especially. These kamikaze motherfuckers & "imma kill myself by deliberatley shooting a rocket at a nearby obstacle before the enemies can shoot me to death not to give the other side any kills" idiots are so frustrating. Grenade launchers are a bit less problematic but it's kind of annoying in the chaos of bigger battles when you have no idea whose grenades are flying around, especially when there are more than one person shooting them at once.

Or at the very least they need to give a -1 to whatever side those assholes are from (auto-kick anyone who gets more than 3-5 minus points). Or if they are afraid that will be abused by trolls who have no problem making their own side lose, give +1 to the other side & +1 to a kill count to anyone who shot those suicide bombers last.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
These rocket & grenade launchers really need to go from respawn team modes, or their drop rates need to be dropped to, like, 0,000001%. Rocket launchers especially. These kamikaze motherfuckers & "imma kill myself by deliberatley shooting a rocket at a nearby obstacle before the enemies can shoot me to death not to give the other side any kills" idiots are so frustrating. Grenade launchers are a bit less problematic but it's kind of annoying in the chaos of bigger battles when you have no idea whose grenades are flying around, especially when there are more than one person shooting them at once.

Or at the very least they need to give a -1 to whatever side those assholes are from (auto-kick anyone who gets more than 3-5 minus points). Or if they are afraid that will be abused by trolls who have no problem making their own side lose, give +1 to the other side & +1 to a kill count to anyone who shot those suicide bombers last.
Suicides should always give a -1 is scorebased games, but to remove/reduce them is unneeded.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Suicides should always give a -1 is scorebased games, but to remove/reduce them is unneeded.
I'd be happy with a -1 but that doesn't seem to be happening with Fortnite either and kamikaze fools have been a problem for pretty much all the time that I've played these (respawn) modes.

And I'm currently just bitter about rocket launchers in general because I always seem to run into elite players in duo & squad mode endgame that has 2-3 players with them while I never seem to find one and they just require absolutely no skill (and are even deadlier when there is skill involved) & put me into such a defensive mode that I always lose against better players I might otherwise even have a small chance against because I'm afraid if I stop building for one millisecond to try to shoot at them, they'll hit me with an explosion (and they usually do). I can accept defeat at the hands of people who have better aim & a quicker trigger finger than I, but dying to a rocket explosion that hits some angle that I didn't notice wasn't covered (anymore) that can be from a shot that wasn't aimed with any sort of precision is infuriating.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Actually doesn't feel that unfair, especially since the player damage is kinda low. Fun item for now (After using it a couple of times).

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Day challenges are coming. "Challenge fatigue" is starting to feel real, especially now that Apex Legends dropped and is competing with my time.

Also there will be a "dark" variant of the Love Ranger skin.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I really liked the abilty to edit enemies structures in the Architect pop-up, really made turtling useless since an enemy could just edit out your structure for you.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Earthquake event starting, this will probably set into motion the events leading into Season 8.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So I can't play on Switch on my PS4-connected account?

I just get instant "not the llama you were looking for. Can't connect to match. Error.com.epicgames.fortnite.invalid_platforms" message.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So I can't play on Switch on my PS4-connected account?

I just get instant "not the llama you were looking for. Can't connect to match. Error.com.epicgames.fortnite.invalid_platforms" message.
You should be able to, not sure if there's a special action you need to do though. The game is crossplay on all platforms since Sony changed their mind.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to, not sure if there's a special action you need to do though. The game is crossplay on all platforms since Sony changed their mind.
I thought so too but this ain't even trying to connect to games. It (almost) instantaneously just brings up the error message. The only help people have had to this problem that I found was deleting their PS4 connection from the Epic account.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone actually like the Pump? I hate it personally, just not fun to play with, dunno maybe it's because I've used it so much, but you just have to carry one, because it's too strong and you're at a massive disadvantage without one. I'm sick of hitting 96 damage headshots too.
I absolutely despise everything about the way shotguns work in this game.
Shotguns fucking perplex me in this game.
I'll always have a laugh that people think having a 1 hit skill up close is a good idea in a game with 30hz servers and right peek advantage. Current balance of the game as a whole has me feeling extremely lukewarm about it.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always have a laugh that people think having a 1 hit skill up close is a good idea in a game with 30hz servers and right peek advantage. Current balance of the game as a whole has me feeling extremely lukewarm about it.
1-shot shotguns + right-peek advantage = lots of desk slams

Obviously right-peek advantage is something that can be played around, but it shouldn't have to be. It's always been confusing to me since I started playing this game back in September that streamers have accepted right-peek as just a part of the game, but will complain about everything else.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I got the key from polar peaks place, and unlocked the mask but how do I then get to the next stage?

I went to a camp fire and lit it but it hasn't done anything...

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here still do STW?

Would love to get the 128 Banner with 3 era members

I can farm like a fucking mad man
Fully 131 pimped out Outlander

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
There are text strings in the game files related to searching camp fires, which is why you're seeing people talking about it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
caormi52o5f21.jpg
search the campfire on the top of the mountain.
Credit: https://old.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/ao478w/prisoner_stage_3_can_be_unlocked_by_inteeacting/

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Play with others is such a broken POS feature. Play by "Quest progression", base level 41 and have to do shit in 40+ areas (build survivor relays), get thrown in someone's Plankerton Shield Defense 1. Then to a 15-20 ATLAS mission. -_-

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Play with others is such a broken POS feature. Play by "Quest progression", base level 41 and have to do shit in 40+ areas (build survivor relays), get thrown in someone's Plankerton Shield Defense 1. Then to a 15-20 ATLAS mission. -_-
yeah it does that to me half the time too. use the custom option, it works better

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
All challenges done. Think I'll only play during the double XP weekends to round up the Lynx/Zenith challenges and take a break otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.