• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
oh, the mysterious hatch didn't get destroyed like the rest of Wailing Woods, it really is indestructible. Also took me too long to realise the volcano basically was summoned where the Prisoner got to phase 4.

Got the new umbrella, this one is cool! Finally won after three frustrating second places in a row.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Save the World update was supposed to buff ninjas and shuriken, but completely destroyed my Shuriken Master build. Kind of dumb considering it was actually a viable Twine build. You throw less, less often, and they do far less damage. Used to clear entire waves of mobs and now you're only hitting a few at a time.

They also fucked up my main Outlander - Wild Fragment Deadeye. Don't know why you'd make him about shock tower instead of fragments. Everybody was using Teddies and other abilities because your weapons aren't balanced for end game in the slightest. Everything feels like a darn pea shooter even when they are at sunbeam level.

My main outlander got nerfed into the ground because they removed the +20% ability damage squad bonus I got with shuriken master sarah in the support slot.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
My main outlander got nerfed into the ground because they removed the +20% ability damage squad bonus I got with shuriken master sarah in the support slot.

It sounds like we have a similar build, but just as a guess I think that previous "ability damage bonus" is a new "team perk" that has yet to be revealed/discovered/found. Reading the patch notes we have this:

Team Perks are granted through story events, event rewards, and other ways. They can also come from Mythic Heroes!

I'm hoping that the old "ability damage bonus" hasn't been nerfed, and it's more just that we don't have the "team perk" for it yet... just my guess anyway.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like we have a similar build, but just as a guess I think that previous "ability damage bonus" is a new "team perk" that has yet to be revealed/discovered/found. Reading the patch notes we have this:

I'm hoping that the old "ability damage bonus"
hasn't been nerfed, and it's more just that we don't have the "team perk" for it yet... just my guess anyway.

I have 10 or so 4 star outlanders at level 106 and I can't come up with a combo as powerful as I had before the update . And I've leveled up several heroes to the max just for support slots, with little difference. After a couple of days I can say with certainty that this "update" is a failure at least whe n it comes to StW.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing with randoms and this kid dies and says "quick get to the beacon to revive me"

Other than that though why are random people soooo f*cking toxic

Last edited:

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I have 10 or so 4 star outlanders at level 106 and I can't come up with a combo as powerful as I had before the update . And I've leveled up several heroes to the max just for support slots, with little difference. After a couple of days I can say with certainty that this "update" is a failure at least whe n it comes to StW.
To be honest, while I lament the fact that Outlanders got a nerf, the class had it coming. I think my Teddy and shock towers did more work than I ever did. I was the top damage dealer in 90+% of my matches while I was letting my teddy/turrets do most of the work. Still, I do think that they nerfed them a little too hard.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada

I'm giving it a few days and just doing the event quests. Doing the Hero challenges renewed my interest in maybe rolling up a ninja.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, playing as the Llamurai in a focused ninjas match is freaking hilarious. You can fill the entire screen with shuriken because the cool down is less than a second.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sound design is such a mess right now. I kinda can't believe season 8 launched like this.

I don't know if it was me just using different headphones when I played on the PC (I normally use A40's on my Xbox but on Pc I use my Sennheiser HD 579) but the sound was utterly insane, like the environmental noises and guns were totally different I could pinpoint people so much easier as well , so much so I just assumed it was the better headphones being better, but then I see comments like yours and wonder if it's due to the changes.

I'm not having a problem with the update really, people say you can't hesr things around you when you're firing but I could easily.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I don't know if it was me just using different headphones when I played on the PC (I normally use A40's on my Xbox but on Pc I use my Sennheiser HD 579) but the sound was utterly insane, like the environmental noises and guns were totally different I could pinpoint people so much easier as well , so much so I just assumed it was the better headphones being better, but then I see comments like yours and wonder if it's due to the changes.

I'm not having a problem with the update really, people say you can't hesr things around you when you're firing but I could easily.

Pinpointing isn't my problem, it's how *loud* some of this shit is. Like ARs. Although nearby footsteps have bugged out on me while firing them.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Someone in the tournament yesterday got killed because he couldn't hear his opponent destroying his wall over the sound of the AR. That's real bad.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you must commit seppuku no more than one hour after you taint your soul by looking up the answer in gamefaqs

other sites are fine only gamefaqs stains the honor of your family
Pinpointing isn't my problem, it's how *loud* some of this shit is. Like ARs. Although nearby footsteps have bugged out on me while firing them.
Someone in the tournament yesterday got killed because he couldn't hear his opponent destroying his wall over the sound of the AR. That's real bad.

That's weird, any specific AR?

I only played team rumble but whilst firing the scar I could still hear the enemy coming round to get me, and the footsteps were very loud.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Jess is so much better for farming. Even if you expend all your energy, i believe the recharge time for one AMC is less than Striker's cooldown.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I absolutely love the new hero/perk system in StW. Such customization!

I'm a big fan of the R.O.S.I.E. turret and so many constructors can use it and have perks for it now.

Also, they brought over my favorite BR skin(Archetype) as a hero.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I absolutely love the new hero/perk system in StW. Such customization!

I'm a big fan of the R.O.S.I.E. turret and so many constructors can use it and have perks for it now.

Also, they brought over my favorite BR skin(Archetype) as a hero.
How long is the cooldown again? I stopped using it because I absolutely hated having only 150 rounds and cooldown only beginning after R.O.S.I.E. was used up. I see there's also no cooldown perks added. We need more perks in general for stuff like this.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The new hero loadout system kind of torpedoes expeditions. Any hero you slot in a load-out is unavailable for an expedition even if it's not your active load-out, which sucks because I used expeditions a lot so I didn't have to farm anything. Oh well

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Reminder that levelling your heroes also increases your ability damage so you shouldn't just leave them at level 1 even if you have enough health/shield.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How long is the cooldown again? I stopped using it because I absolutely hated having only 150 rounds and cooldown only beginning after R.O.S.I.E. was used up. I see there's also no cooldown perks added. We need more perks in general for stuff like this.
Yeah, cooldown still sucks. Hoping they touch on that at some point now that so many constructors are R.O.S.I.E. users. Still though, with a bunch of perks put into it the turret is now pretty strong.
Reminder that levelling your heroes also increases your ability damage so you shouldn't just leave them at level 1 even if you have enough health/shield.
Seriously? So I should still make sure all the heroes in a squad are leveled to max even though I have the team perk maxed out?

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The first round of Hero quests in StW can easily be cheesed by doing the storm king mission in Canny Valley, plus gold and XP.

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes when I jump off the bus my keyboard button "w" won't register, so I need to press it again. It only happend 2 times in the game while running. Also a few times when I jump off I fly automatically slightly right. So I have to press the "d" key again to correct it. Is that a bug? I just replaced my keyboard and don't want to to it again (Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Yellow Switches). I played through Doom (2016) recently and didn't notice anything wrong, so it's a little confusing.
It's a bug. Happened to me.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Checking out this season this morning, and digging a lot of the UI changes, though I would have still like the daily challenges being separated in the lobby screen. Nice to see 50s back for now, along with Team Rumble too.

Battle pass wise, I am aiming at tier 50 for the time being, for Peely and the animated loading screen of Hybrid. Having a closer look at them, Hybrid is probably my favorite skin among these (really digging Peely and Sidewinder too), and of course the Wolfpack bling fits him perfectly lol.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How annoying is it that the exclamation mark on the item shop never goes away now

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
*chef kiss*

bHLb1nc.png

Context : a player kept placing directional launch pads underneath me while I was trying to place defender pads down

Last edited:

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the game laggy for anyone? Whenever I click start game it freezes for about two seconds

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely just sped farm everything with arch jess. Do you have the 2 tile perk on?
Not sure where you're getting your info from it still breaks environmental objects.
Muh bad. I thought they had altered Striker AC's AMC visually and functionally but they had actually completely replaced it with another move (Seismic Smash or something). I just leveled him up to lvl 30. -_-;

This is BS. I don't want no Seismic Smash. Why the fuck does Epic keep doing these dumb small changes.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Muh bad. I thought they had altered Striker AC's AMC visually and functionally but they had actually completely replaced it with another move (Seismic Smash or something). I just leveled him up to lvl 30. -_-;

This is BS. I don't want no Seismic Smash. Why the fuck does Epic keep doing these dumb small changes.
what? Literally every outlander has AMC

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So those Nvidiagraphics card skins are in the shop lol and only 1200 vbucks. I bet a lot of people are salty.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017

Anti material charge isn't in your abilities anymore, instead you have to use your pickaxe's heavy attack. For me (PC) it's right mouse button with the pick axe equipped. And it seems to share the same cool down as the ground pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.