• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Just finished the "Eliminate Opponents at Haunted Hills or Salty Springs" challenge, all by landing at Salty with some other people and pickaxing them to pieces. Not quite in the spirit of the original intent, but I'll take it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
After basically taking off the last month from fortnite, due to maxing the BP and wanting to play through some other games I have been back in the last few days.

Trying to get rid of that ring rust but slowly getting there, got myself a couple of wins today and another yesterday.

Was pretty pleased with this snipe just now, especially with how their loot just burst out from them 😂

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
IwWGpGNHOV4X6OVj9xliM0KXHkAa1B8BihXqC_7M5gk.jpg

So a Hamster Ball with a grappler, we're Wrecking Ball / Hammond now.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the cannon challenge yesterday, team rumble zone was on the house (or pirate camp now) on the hill west of fatal fields, had to spam it a bit at dudes jumping around but eventually got it.. what a pain.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tide starting to turn against these creators?

They seemingly just want to dunk on people who are worse than them and get easy wins because of it.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is basically Team Rumble (well, and StW) for me anymore, mainly for the easy XP and complete lack of stress. I'm over here doing tricks on a snowboard and getting kills in the middle of backflips. Fortnite is crazy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeesh, Solo isn't for humans anymore. Dude does flips on the hoverboard and the second I step out to take a few shots at him (he didn't know where I was) the dude lasers me with a heavy sniper rifle.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

Tide starting to turn against these creators?

They seemingly just want to dunk on people who are worse than them and get easy wins because of it.

Creators are just upset that the rest of the player base has caught up and surpassed them in skill. It's easy to dominate on players that just started playing a game that's been popular less than a year. Much harder to do so when it's all people have been playing for 6-8+ months.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creators are just upset that the rest of the player base has caught up and surpassed them in skill. It's easy to dominate on players that just started playing a game that's been popular less than a year. Much harder to do so when it's all people have been playing for 6-8+ months.

Reading the thread about it on reddit too it seems lots of people feel the same, seems a common opinion that the health/shield regen update was the turning point.

I really do not agree with that mechanic either, I have no idea why it's been kept for so long.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Reading the thread about it on reddit too it seems lots of people feel the same, seems a common opinion that the health/shield regen update was the turning point.

I really do not agree with that mechanic either, I have no idea why it's been kept for so long.
I can see why they introduced that mechanic as a way to combat 3rd partying but all it's lead to is an increase in thirsting which makes going down pretty much game over once it happens. Fortnite has created such an insane skill-gap and I honestly have no idea how Epic can even begin to "fix" it.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The health/shield regen is the best change in a while. It sucked that getting into a fight was basically a punishment which leaves you with depleted health & resources and that much worse off for any subsequent fights.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The health/shield regen is the best change in a while. It sucked that getting into a fight was basically a punishment which leaves you with depleted health & resources and that much worse off for any subsequent fights.

That's BR my friend.

You can't say getting into a fight was a punishment. You pick a fight you deal with the consequences.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

I see the problem they want to fix, but it's a simplistic fix to a deeper problem. It's too expensive, in terms of resources, to counter defensive play and it always has been. It is also simply too easy to get good loot, a problem that Epic have continually exacerbated. Frankly, too often in Fortnite I feel no need to fight, and little actual desire to engage. Epic have lost sight of what it means to be a good Battle Royale game - they've figuratively drowned what was a genuine step forward from PUBG with endless illconceived additions.

I guess the other thing to consider is skill based matchmaking - I know what they said publically about it - but I'm really not convinced.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the problem they want to fix, but it's a simplistic fix to a deeper problem. It's too expensive, in terms of resources, to counter defensive play and it always has been. It is also simply too easy to get good loot, a problem that Epic have continually exacerbated. Frankly, too often in Fortnite I feel no need to fight, and little actual desire to engage. Epic have lost sight of what it means to be a good Battle Royale game - they've figuratively drowned what was a genuine step forward from PUBG with endless illconceived additions.

Totally. Having jumped back in it's a massive downgrade to what it was when I played and enjoyed myself massively in season 3.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest thing is that the meta is ungodly boring right now. Shotgun is mandatory and AR +sniper is up there. Feels incredibly boring to have to pick up the same 3-4 weapons every game if you don't want to get shit on. Meanwhile in apex I can pick up 10 different guns and not feel like i'm gimping myself

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The HP/Shield is a mostly great change, only downside is it rewards instant finishing, but that will be less of a problem when they add respawn points.
I agree Fortnite has just got a bit boring, Pump Shot and Turtle is like nearly every fight now and that shit got old in like season 3. Don't even bother with solo anymore, opposite of fun for me now, though I never really liked Solo much anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
The mechanics of the cannon is so fucking trash. Clunky ass shit. Fuck this trash ass challenge. Epic keeps adding stupid, useless shit. How about you refine what you already have?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The HP/Shield is a mostly great change, only downside is it rewards instant finishing, but that will be less of a problem when they add respawn points.
I agree Fortnite has just got a bit boring, Pump Shot and Turtle is like nearly every fight now and that shit got old in like season 3. Don't even bother with solo anymore, opposite of fun for me now, though I never really liked Solo much anyway.

The respawn system for me is yet another change which will not be a good addition.

They are taking this game further from battle royale with all of those stupid decisions.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The respawn system for me is yet another change which will not be a good addition.

They are taking this game further from battle royale with all of those stupid decisions.
I like it in Apex. As long as there's a punishment/risk (no items on respawn, a good indicator someone is being respawned and a small delay on respawning) I think it'll work great. The game is super punishing with knockdowns now (it was always pretty bad), so a possible second chance if your teammate plays it well would help balance that.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it though ? Rarities are just color in the end. Drop rates matter the most.

edit : wtf ? You had a screengrab of the infantry rifle/heavy assault before.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is it though ? Rarities are just color in the end. Drop rates matter the most.

edit : wtf ? You had a screengrab of the infantry rifle/heavy assault before.
Removing common Infantry Rifles and reducing Heavy AR to common basically changes the weapons you find in that pool. It's basically a nerf to the Rifles' droprate.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
That one is pretty cool, for sure. I always buy the starter packs, this one will be no different.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I think I'm done spending money on this goddamn game, they drag me back in. Super pumped for the Getaway LTM making a return - it's such a fun, chill mode. Looking forward to grinding for those crystal llamas.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play Fortnite, but I just saw the most recent patch notes:

Are they saying that Switch players can no longer play with Xbox One/PS4 players? Or is it saying that by default Switch players will be matched with mobile players but players still have the option of playing with people on other platforms?

I ask because I know people do cross-platform between Switch/PS4/XB1, and it would seem crazy to cut that, so I'm guessing/hoping it's the latter option.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play Fortnite, but I just saw the most recent patch notes:

Are they saying that Switch players can no longer play with Xbox One/PS4 players? Or is it saying that by default Switch players will be matched with mobile players but players still have the option of playing with people on other platforms?

I ask because I know people do cross-platform between Switch/PS4/XB1, and it would seem crazy to cut that, so I'm guessing/hoping it's the latter option.

Exactly that, switch players now only play with other switch users and mobile players.

I imagine in your scenario of playing with people on xbox then they will be able to still do this.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly that, switch players now only play with other switch users and mobile players.

I imagine in your scenario of playing with people on xbox then they will be able to still do this.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure people have cross-platform playing partners/friends, so I'm hoping this is just something that affects default matchmaking and not actually something that cuts people off from playing with people with whom they want to play.

(I say this all as someone who is currently a non-player but knows people who play, so maybe I'm just ignorant.)

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Thanks for the input. I'm sure people have cross-platform playing partners/friends, so I'm hoping this is just something that affects default matchmaking and not actually something that cuts people off from playing with people with whom they want to play.

(I say this all as someone who is currently a non-player but knows people who play, so maybe I'm just ignorant.)
It's just default matchmaking, you can still play with your friends on PC or consoles obviously.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Every time I think I'm done spending money on this goddamn game, they drag me back in. Super pumped for the Getaway LTM making a return - it's such a fun, chill mode. Looking forward to grinding for those crystal llamas.
Never tried the Getaway LTM before, might want to give it a shot this time. And I admit I'm tempted by the Laguna skin even though it's terrible for camoflage.
Pretty sure it's the latter. Will be interesting to see if I can finally get a win this season...
Mobile people (touch screen) will be playing against Switch players, who have controllers. r/fortnitemobile is melting down over it, apparently.
Touch-screen controls vs. 30 fps seems a reasonably fair matchup, though letting people choose via configuration preferences would be the best way to go.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to keep malachite after leveling up weapons from 3 star to 4? I need to free up some space in my backpack and storage

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to keep malachite after leveling up weapons from 3 star to 4? I need to free up some space in my backpack and storage
Recently introduced into the game is down-tier crafting, meaning you can still craft the malachite version if you want to use it in a lower PL mission. Personally I try to avoid using Shadowshards in Plankerton, for example.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Good for making explosive weapons or when playing in a lower level area.

Man, I love these ball things. It's so much fun just swinging through the trees like a spider-ball or just sitting there hanging like an ornament.

Status
Not open for further replies.