• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Finally got my video up. Recording on mobile using the built-in iOS recording is nice. And LumaFusion is an amazing video editing app. I got lucky enough to remember this was happening 1 minute before it did and jumped on my phone.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Really not that weird people would want the tommy gun back. It is ridiculously OP. It shreds through players and structures alike.

And for fuck's sake I can't get into Endgame games. I just need either 200 damage with thor's hammer or 500 with Hawkeye's bow. But it just keeps complaining the games are full.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
1st Season 9 teaser
"The Future is Unknown"
D543rl8X4AAFYwU.jpg:large

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure whether I'll play S9. Haven't complete S8 BP yet and played way less than previous seasons. Mostly LTM's, those are still good fun sometimes.

Teaser looks dope though.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Felt burned out so took a long break from the game this season, was surprised I have been able to grind within a few days up to tier 71 so far, just wanted the elf skin, might do the same thing next season, play a bit, take a break and grind the final days of the season

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Felt burned out so took a long break from the game this season, was surprised I have been able to grind within a few days up to tier 71 so far, just wanted the elf skin, might do the same thing next season, play a bit, take a break and grind the final days of the season

That's pretty much what I did for season 8 also and would probably do for future seasons (unless I so want the tier 100 skin I suppose lol). Didn't play much after the first 3 weeks of challenges, then really came back for the Endgame event, and I ended up completing enough challenges to get Ruin and up to Ember at tier 71.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I feel like kind of a weirdo for actually enjoying this game. I mean, I do the dailies for the sake of the battle pass, but I still find myself playing this every day even though I completed the pass several weeks ago.

StW kind of jumped off a cliff for me after the character update. I don't know if that is due to the changes themselves or the fact that I've already completed the full storyline though. Hope season 9 brings some decent things to StW.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Have they talked at all about adding new main story stuff into the game? For Twine Peaks. The seasonal events are fun but ultimately they are just filler with no higher stakes or anything.

I'm not done with the main story even though I'm already at TP SSD 3. Kind of did so much grinding trying to play so that I might one day get the Platinum trophy that I became really overleveled for Canny and managed to do the SSDs & leave Canny when I was still doing post SSD4, pre SSD5 quests.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I haven't played a ton this season and the bit I have played has been almost entirely LTMs. I really want to get this season's umbrella, though, and the more I think about winning the worse I start playing, and the clock is ticking...

tenor.gif

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Going to finish 1 challenge short of 💯 this season. Made it to level 100 but the damage someone on the zip lines is proving impossible. Not bad considering both sets of my Switch joycons have drift. Luckily I picked up a Xbox One X and I've got enough free bucks from this season for the next battle pass.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Have they talked at all about adding new main story stuff into the game? For Twine Peaks. The seasonal events are fun but ultimately they are just filler with no higher stakes or anything.

I'm not done with the main story even though I'm already at TP SSD 3. Kind of did so much grinding trying to play so that I might one day get the Platinum trophy that I became really overleveled for Canny and managed to do the SSDs & leave Canny when I was still doing post SSD4, pre SSD5 quests.

Not in the last roadmap post they made on reddit. But they did mention "significant changes" to storm shield missions in S9. Whatever that means

I've grown bored of StW and only login for the daily login bonus and daily quests for easy V bucks. And most of the time I stack / swap at least 2 daily quests I can do at the same time.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
You know, I feel like kind of a weirdo for actually enjoying this game. I mean, I do the dailies for the sake of the battle pass, but I still find myself playing this every day even though I completed the pass several weeks ago.
You and me both. I finished the Season 8 BP already but I still jumped on for a few games tonight. The Fortnite Battle Royale gameplay loop is just satisfying in an arcade-like manner; a lot of times when I'm playing Solo and I encounter another player, I get taken back to playing competitive arcade games like SF2 or Track and Field, just you vs. some stranger in a quick challenge. And if I just want to fart around and have fun, there's Team Rumble.
The overtime challenges are trash. Stop trying to get me to play with people, Epic.
Yeah, this. I just want the Dark Ember skin, but it looks like you have to do at least one "play with a friend" challenge to get it. Feh.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this. I just want the Dark Ember skin, but it looks like you have to do at least one "play with a friend" challenge to get it. Feh.
I also really want Dark Ember, also hate the play with friends challenges and luckily, if leaks are correct, the remaining challenges that will be unlocked dont require friends, you just need to complete 4 to get Dark Ember so we are good.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

Nah, unless something was changed, the last two challenges can be done solo, so you can still get her. Thank god lol.

Edit: And course I missed the post above already mentioning that. XD

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why Epic views the group challenges as equivalent to the solo ones. Getting top 12 in squads is not remotely similar to top 50 in solo. You have to wait until until 12 people remain to guarantee that you got it.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I'm the opposite, I only ever play this game with my friends so I dread the daily solo challenges.
I don't think they have to get rid of them but what they should do though, is if you replace a solo or squad challenge you shouldn't get another solo or squad challenge. If I don't want to do a top 25 in solo, chances are high I also don't want to do 3 top 50s.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
All the people complaining about the play with friends challenges... ya know, you could probably all play together right?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This thread be like:
*minor inconvenience happens*
"this is trash"
Fortnite has one of the biggest cry baby fan bases I have ever seen. The smallest change and the game is written off and people swear they will never play again, only to never actually leave.

I swear for many it's just a way to show off how OG you are, reading every twitter post from fortnite and its filled with people saying how 'S4 was the best' or 'revert' etc.

Have I agreed with every change they have made? No but nothing has ruined the core gameplay and its still fun.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Damn it, why must this season be futuristic theme. D: I might just end up getting this upcoming season, if only to possibly get some more futuristic gliders or such alongside the skins lol. Hopefully the earlier stuff are good.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I also really want Dark Ember, also hate the play with friends challenges and luckily, if leaks are correct, the remaining challenges that will be unlocked dont require friends, you just need to complete 4 to get Dark Ember so we are good.
Confirmed -- the last two challenges are "Outlast 500 enemies" and "Get Top 25 in Solo." Not bad.
All the people complaining about the play with friends challenges... ya know, you could probably all play together right?
I don't want to lose my friends with my potato playing skills. And I don't want to use a headset/mic because it bothers the other people in my home.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I don't mind Get Top # Solo, I just jump in a Baller and just roll around the edges of the storm.

I find top Squad more hard because every team is never full so it's hard to gauge if you've made your goal. Plus every random wants to land directly next to his that can build a whole in your face in seconds and destroy you.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm hating is this "Collect coins in Featured Creative Islands" challenge. Why am I being asked to play irritating amateur-made platforming games in my battle royale shooter?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
What I'm hating is this "Collect coins in Featured Creative Islands" challenge. Why am I being asked to play irritating amateur-made platforming games in my battle royale shooter?
Just do the "Fortnite Quiz" creative island. You get 1 coin per correct answer, and the questions and answers are the same every time. Even if you know nothing about Fortnite you can guess the answers and get the challenge done in 3 or 4 cycles.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got fucking 10 kills(most ever) solos and got top 3. So pissed. Got boom bowed off a rift because of some idiot and was trying to get to the next spot in the circle. Haven't had one win all season.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The overtime squad challenge isn't that difficult since you have to play with a friend, so solo players are very unlikely to skew the numbers. I went for the top 19 players remaining and got it every time. Easy as shit if you have a friend, and if you have a mobile device with Fortnite installed ... then you have a friend.

Oct 25, 2017
The overtime squad challenge isn't that difficult since you have to play with a friend, so solo players are very unlikely to skew the numbers. I went for the top 19 players remaining and got it every time. Easy as shit if you have a friend, and if you have a mobile device with Fortnite installed ... then you have a friend.
It's annoying. I don't want a reward dependent on other people.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I am getting wrecked in the easiest ways, Having each build type assigned to a bumper/trigger is way different from having to scroll in Switch. Also the sticks feels way looser on the Xbone X controller.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting wrecked in the easiest ways, Having each build type assigned to a bumper/trigger is way different from having to scroll in Switch. Also the sticks feels way looser on the Xbone X controller.
Ummm... it's called builder pro mode and it's in the Switch version as well. It's also the superior way of building.

Status
Not open for further replies.