• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Major's voice actor in StW sounded really familiar so I looked it up on IMDB and sure enough it's Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen)

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The new shotty definitely rewards ADSing over swipe shooting since it's not very accurate from the hip. With that being said, I really like it so far from my limited amount of games with it yesterday. This update definitely made performance worse though, getting terrible FPS drops, texture load-in and severe hitching on the 1X.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
So can you not still make progress on the style challenges for the lizard ninja or ghost pirate from last season? The only ones that still show up on my challenge page are Luxe and Ice King (from s7 lol). Makes it seem like only the "outlast opponents" challenges carryover to new seasons whereas the XP-based ones do not. That would be sad for me, as I was looking forward to some purple lizard.
Curious what the rewards for the bytes will be.
The skin that you used to get from doing weekly challenges is now gotten by collecting 90 Fortbytes. The challenge itself is still listed in the "complete all challenges in x number of weeks" page, but you can see there that it is now 90 Fortbytes. So yeah, the Visitor/Enforcer/AIM/Prinsoner-level skin this season will be a lot tougher to get.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It's starting to grow on me. Love the rate of fire and the damage, but the lack of bloom means I actually need to aim better to do well with it.

But the range is great. I actually snapped a guy on top of one of those mountains in the middle of the map. Sure he probably only had 5 to 10 hit points left but it's still pretty impressive for a shotgun.

OP
OP
antitrop

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
But the range is great. I actually snapped a guy on top of one of those mountains in the middle of the map. Sure he probably only had 5 to 10 hit points left but it's still pretty impressive for a shotgun.
Ya, yesterday I killed someone from 75 meters with it. Like you said, it was ~10 damage that was enough to finish them off, but still.... a shotgun from 75 meters. It was enough to give a range in the killfeed.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
The skin that you used to get from doing weekly challenges is now gotten by collecting 90 Fortbytes. The challenge itself is still listed in the "complete all challenges in x number of weeks" page, but you can see there that it is now 90 Fortbytes. So yeah, the Visitor/Enforcer/AIM/Prinsoner-level skin this season will be a lot tougher to get.

You don't need to do all 100? Great, then I don't have to care about 100x top 10! Hopefully the hard ones are the ones already listed and the rest will be like the one today where you just have to find them on the map.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Vaulting the pump was the best thing this game ever did. Fuck getting 1-shot after your pump just does 32 damage.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
^^^ funny thing about the pump is that people basically want a one shot point blank range weapon - so why not just make a melee weapon or button?

Thinking about it, the new shotgun is essentially the heavy shotty with increased RoF.

I used to always carry a shotty and an SMG. The combat shotty has replaced both. While I don't have as much spray meta, I have more space for another item I would normally debate on picking up like an explosive.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or has the performance on the switch really tanked this season, getting lots of drops to single digits. Modes like rumble are borderline unplayable at the moment. May have to Switch back to the Xbox until they sort it out.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or has the performance on the switch really tanked this season, getting lots of drops to single digits. Modes like rumble are borderline unplayable at the moment. May have to Switch back to the Xbox until they sort it out.

They always seem to screw it up some how, start of last season on my one x the lobby island performance was terrible and would take ages to load my player model in, they fixed it midway through the season.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
They always seem to screw it up some how, start of last season on my one x the lobby island performance was terrible and would take ages to load my player model in, they fixed it midway through the season.
This. My unscientific observation of internet chatter is that performance is tanking on every platform right now.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Drum gun is as OP vault-worthy shit as ever. These flying platforms are one of the dumbest things Epic has added into the game.

This. My unscientific observation of internet chatter is that performance is tanking on every platform right now.
I haven't noticed worse framerate issues on PS4 but lag has been horrible.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Drum gun is as OP vault-worthy shit as ever. These flying platforms are one of the dumbest things Epic has added into the game.
Yeah, the Drum Gun is right up there with the Compact SMG for insta-kill in my book.

The flying platforms are good for a quick loot stop, but they're better as a launching point to get around the map quickly.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the Drum Gun is right up there with the Compact SMG for insta-kill in my book.

The flying platforms are good for a quick loot stop, but they're better as a launching point to get around the map quickly.
The platforms are shit because they are such an easy camping spot for squads and snipers, especially later on if the storm moves in a way that puts the platform in a good place. Plus the added mobility favours the aggressive super pros who can just rush to anyone they see or 3rd party other people's fights even easier than before.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The platforms are shit because they are such an easy camping spot for squads and snipers, especially later on if the storm moves in a way that puts the platform in a good place. Plus the added mobility favours the aggressive super pros who can just rush to anyone they see or 3rd party other people's fights even easier than before.
As a fellow sneaky bush-camping tree-hiding player, I hear ya. But honestly, Fortnite BR is not a game for the timid; just accept that the game really expects you to be aggressive and bold in order to do well.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Extra mobility is great for us bush campers though. Most of my wins come from last minute bursts of agility after sitting in a gangster ball or bush for most of the game.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
The hamster balls play a secondary role in that they help to reduce server load in stacked late game circles, as well as being generally fun and helpful for getting bad players to late game. I don't see them getting rid of them any time soon.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to fucking loathe playing with randos in Save The World. I've played five missions and lost all of them except one. You'd imagine people who are playing in Twine Peaks would know what the fuck they are doing but I'm put into SSDs where people have build a few measly traps and no walls around their storm shields. I have players in a 4 player Fight category 4 storm missions who just put tier 1 stone walls around the ATLASes. This in a mission with wall weakening enemies.

As a fellow sneaky bush-camping tree-hiding player, I hear ya. But honestly, Fortnite BR is not a game for the timid; just accept that the game really expects you to be aggressive and bold in order to do well.
I'm not a camper, I like to play somewhat aggressively. But I'm also not a super good player, so these are actually the worst for me. I play fairly aggressively but I do like to try to choose my battles (no skins and soccer skins I stray away from...). And I'm not good in the chaos of several squads duking it out. Better players now have it incredibly easy to just go flying around the map racking up kills, wiping lesser players or weakened duos/squads out like a tsunami. It's the same as when people had infinite glider redeployment. It just takes away all obstacles from traversal and that's not all that good for the overall balance of the game. They are fun mechanics in their own right (I'd love to have a single player with these kinds of gameplay elements) but for the meta of Fortnite Battle Royale, it just doesn't make for a fun time in the long run.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to fucking loathe playing with randos in Save The World. I've played five missions and lost all of them except one. You'd imagine people who are playing in Twine Peaks would know what the fuck they are doing but I'm put into SSDs where people have build a few measly traps and no walls around their storm shields. I have players in a 4 player Fight category 4 storm missions who just put tier 1 stone walls around the ATLASes. This in a mission with wall weakening enemies.

lmao

That's bad, and I'm no stranger to shitty teammates

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
The main problem I'm having with this season right now is the fortbytes having a "place top 10 in solo/duo/squad 100 times". I much rather play team rumble but at long as that challenge is there I'll probably avoid it just to be efficient. Hopefully later fortbytes won't introduce similar challenges that force you into modes you don't actually wanna play.

Also, did they accidentally reintroduce locked character customization again? If fortbytes don't return next season, any character specific unlock that involves fortbytes won't be available anymore. I guess we won't actually know until the next season starts, but hopefully that won't be a thing again.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The main problem I'm having with this season right now is the fortbytes having a "place top 10 in solo/duo/squad 100 times". I much rather play team rumble but at long as that challenge is there I'll probably avoid it just to be efficient. Hopefully later fortbytes won't introduce similar challenges that force you into modes you don't actually wanna play.

Also, did they accidentally reintroduce locked character customization again? If fortbytes don't return next season, any character specific unlock that involves fortbytes won't be available anymore. I guess we won't actually know until the next season starts, but hopefully that won't be a thing again.
Wouldn't surprise me if they lock progression to each season since my nephew said he can't continue to get xp for hybrid which he hadn't maxed out

Scratches

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if they lock progression to each season since my nephew said he can't continue to get xp for hybrid which he hadn't maxed out
Epic said in a tweet that it was not intentional and it will be fixed.

The main problem I'm having with this season right now is the fortbytes having a "place top 10 in solo/duo/squad 100 times".
That one is just as bad as having to unlock all the customization options of the Omega back in season 4 🤢

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's only been three days and I'm already at 25 top tens. That's with me having spent the majority of my time with Team Rumble.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if this has been talked about but smoke bombs were back on in Rumble last night. Nipped that challenge in the bud pretty quickly.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team rumble really messes with you when switch back to proper BR, the nerves proper kick in with every encounter again when something is on the line.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
6WOluCP.png

xJDrJss.gif

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
30/100 top tens for those Fortbyte challenges down. I got a couple of wins today thanks to the combat shotgun and boom bow. Got a couple of wins today and the umbrella for this season might be my personal favorite so far.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
The final circles since every pro started tunneling in the world cup are a total nightmare now, it's usually just whoever has the most mats wins.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Got to say, its shit right now. Between the wind tunnels, the new shotgun, new boombow, etc. All of those need to be vaulted

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've never once in my life watched Ninja play Fortnite but I checked out his last stream while having lunch today. He was playing duos with some guy named Reverse2 or something. They hot dropped onto the pirate ship over and over and got killed over and over as soon as they landed. It was the equivalent of TeePee dropping into Firing Range in Blackout and dying over and over except one big difference: TeePee never died this many times like this...Ninja was fuckin' pissed and rightfully so. It was embarrassing to watch it from such a big streamer.

TL:DR - Is Ninja even considered a top tier player in Fortnite anymore or is his stream just big because of his personality and branding at this point?

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he's still really fucking good at the game, but in terms of technical ability they're are loads of players better than him. I don't know why the fuck he drops pirate ship though.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
where the heck are all of the cool new cyberpunk skins to buy? Feels like we had the blue on the first day and the totally unrelated female Raptor, and it has been quiet ever since.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never once in my life watched Ninja play Fortnite but I checked out his last stream while having lunch today. He was playing duos with some guy named Reverse2 or something. They hot dropped onto the pirate ship over and over and got killed over and over as soon as they landed. It was the equivalent of TeePee dropping into Firing Range in Blackout and dying over and over except one big difference: TeePee never died this many times like this...Ninja was fuckin' pissed and rightfully so. It was embarrassing to watch it from such a big streamer.

TL:DR - Is Ninja even considered a top tier player in Fortnite anymore or is his stream just big because of his personality and branding at this point?
They're playing arena and they have a shit ton of points. Everyone is extra sweaty at that level. It happens to all the good players.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
where the heck are all of the cool new cyberpunk skins to buy? Feels like we had the blue on the first day and the totally unrelated female Raptor, and it has been quiet ever since.

The shop so far has been utter shit!

I was going to buy £30 worth of vbucks for the pass and some 2k skins, so far I'm glad I've bought neither.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Meta is the best it has been since that two week span where SMGs were absolute kings.

Also, the Shadow Bombs have to be one of the best utility items introduced so far. They fill so many roles. Ganks, escapes, negate fall damage, and quick climbs. I love having them in the final moving circles. It gives that extra little boost to get ahead of people running out of the storm and confusing them as to where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.