• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Probably because it stops people from turtling up lol As a console player, I love it.
Boombow is much more OP and outright broken in the hands of a good player. Getting hit for 150 damage from 200 meters away consistently is so frustrating.
It honestly feels like 99% of the complaints in Fortnite arise form someone just getting killed and annoyed and writing that thing off. That or them just not being very good at the game and getting frustrated.

While i dont use it much myself, the Boombow is ridiculous lol. 100 damage from a million miles away and it being easier the aim then most weapons.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
They should just replace the drum gun with a jackhammer or something. All I use it for is to break down walls. I prefer my SMG for fast damage when not using the new shotgun.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
It honestly feels like 99% of the complaints in Fortnite arise form someone just getting killed and annoyed and writing that thing off. That or them just not being very good at the game and getting frustrated.

While i dont use it much myself, the Boombow is ridiculous lol. 100 damage from a million miles away and it being easier the aim then most weapons.
That's basically what it all boils down to. Personally, I'm not too prideful to know when i've been outplayed so unless it's something egregious then I know I did something wrong.

The bow is not fine. lol clearly you never played arena when someone has the high ground with a bow. It's impossible to win if they get that first shot off on you.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Meta is the best it has been since that two week span where SMGs were absolute kings.

Also, the Shadow Bombs have to be one of the best utility items introduced so far. They fill so many roles. Ganks, escapes, negate fall damage, and quick climbs. I love having them in the final moving circles. It gives that extra little boost to get ahead of people running out of the storm and confusing them as to where you are.
If you keep wall jumping you can stay shadowed indefinitely, it won't expire until you touch the ground.
idk drum gun needs to go
Yes it does. What's the point of vaulting the pump if you're gonna have a gun that melts you just as fast anyway? I've even started putting the drum gun on my shotgun key - that gun is better at close range than the combat and tactical shotgun.

EDIT: also the bow is absolutely fine unless you are just wandering around in the open not paying attention to what's around you, or if you're fighting and you've left yourself uncovered for some reason. The thing can't even 1-shot wood - the scariest part about it is that it can hit the ceiling and two sides of your box if it hits a corner, but I'd rather have that than someone drum gunning into me and insta-melting me.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I had never really thought about how useful boogie bombs can be in the late game. Those and shadow bombs combine for some pretty darn satisfactory wins. The only time I had ever really bothered with them before was in the early game when you kind of just toss them out just because.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i actually really liked the new AR in the brief time i got to use it during a Rumble match. very, very accurate.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping someone might be able to help with an issue my son is having.

He cannot select any weapons in creative mode. He can choose his pickaxe and then press 'Y' to select the mobile phone device in his inventory but then he cannot cycle through his weapons...it is stuck on the mobile phone. There are prompts to press 'Y' to move through his inventory but it won't move away from the phone device. Very frustrating. I've tried resetting all settings and I even reinstalled the game but the problem is still there.

Currently he cannot play creative with his friends due to this.

Is it a bug? Has anyone encountered this before?

Any help would be great.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I'm hoping someone might be able to help with an issue my son is having.

He cannot select any weapons in creative mode. He can choose his pickaxe and then press 'Y' to select the mobile phone device in his inventory but then he cannot cycle through his weapons...it is stuck on the mobile phone. There are prompts to press 'Y' to move through his inventory but it won't move away from the phone device. Very frustrating. I've tried resetting all settings and I even reinstalled the game but the problem is still there.

Currently he cannot play creative with his friends due to this.

Is it a bug? Has anyone encountered this before?

Any help would be great.
If he still has the phone in his hand it means he hasn't launched the game and is still in "editor mode". He needs to actually set the island rules and then launch the game in Pause Menu -> "My Island".

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
If he still has the phone in his hand it means he hasn't launched the game and is still in "editor mode". He needs to actually set the island rules and then launch the game in Pause Menu -> "My Island".

Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't got much experience with this game so have been trying to figure this out.

You are right....launching the game allows him to choose his weapons. What is confusing though is that in 'editor mode' he can cycle through the weapons using mouse and keyboard. As soon as he uses a controller he cannot select any weapons. I've been testing it this morning whilst he's at school and pressing Y cycles between his pickaxe and mobile device...you don't even have to hold 'Y' to choose the pickaxe.

I tried changing controller scheme and the one which allows you to cycle weapons using LB/RB works fine. As soon as I choose a scheme where you use Y to cycle the inventory I lose the ability to select any weapons. It's very odd.

But as you say....launching the game removes the problem entirely. I'm just really confused why M/KB and LB/RB allows weapon cycling in editor mode. Something doesn't seem right.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't got much experience with this game so have been trying to figure this out.

You are right....launching the game allows him to choose his weapons. What is confusing though is that in 'editor mode' he can cycle through the weapons using mouse and keyboard. As soon as he uses a controller he cannot select any weapons. I've been testing it this morning whilst he's at school and pressing Y cycles between his pickaxe and mobile device...you don't even have to hold 'Y' to choose the pickaxe.

I tried changing controller scheme and the one which allows you to cycle weapons using LB/RB works fine. As soon as I choose a scheme where you use Y to cycle the inventory I lose the ability to select any weapons. It's very odd.

But as you say....launching the game removes the problem entirely. I'm just really confused why M/KB and LB/RB allows weapon cycling in editor mode. Something doesn't seem right.

I'm not familiar with console controls so I don't know why you can in certain control schemes and not in others. But the only reason you can have weapons in your inventory in editor mode is to put them down on the ground and things like that, it's not meant to actually be played in. As long as you can still do that (there should be no need to select the weapon if it works like it does on PC) then it's not really an issue.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, my son will be chuffed that he can play creative again.

I really appreciate your help.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone just get all of the EXP-related Fortbytes all at once just by logging in? Because I just did, dunno why. It is a significant relief (I'm still salty that the S4 challenges don't carry over because of the obscene EXP requirements), though, so it's mainly just the weekly challenges that'll be difficult and the top tens will be more of a tedious grind than anything.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Top 10s aren't that bad if you spread them across a season. If you just do 2 a day, you would have still had 25 days left at the end of the season. I don't know if it's better to do it in Solo or Squads though. You can theoretically get it in Squads with more people still in the game, but it could also come down to the last 10 remaining too.

I've gotten 50 so far, mostly in Solos (although I did win a couple solo squads when my daily was squad related). I think it's fun playing in the top 10 with the moving circle and everyone going crazy with the builds.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Top 10 has been much easier than i was worried about, already got just over 50 since the season started.

Although to be fair im having a better season then 8 which was surprisingly bad for me (half as many wins as S7).

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Fortbyte #82. Now I can start and quit team rumble matches for a hour straight until I get lucky and find 4 people actually going to that spot. Great challenge Epic, keep em coming.

This fortbyte trash is severely hampering my enjoyment of this season so far.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Fortbyte #82. Now I can start and quit team rumble matches for a hour straight until I get lucky and find 4 people actually going to that spot. Great challenge Epic, keep em coming.

Do squads and mark the spot, hopefully people help.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Do squads and mark the spot, hopefully people help.
Had no luck with teammates, but got lucky with 3 enemies dropping there after about half a hour of resetting, had worse times for completing co-op challenges I guess.

I just wish they would stop with the challenges you can't complete solo, especially when they're as dumb as standing on buttons in a circle, what a waste of time.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn this might be the most difficult game to get back into after taking breaks. I play for a bit then stop then play again when a new event comes out and I need to readjust to the gunplay and building.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Makes me glad I didn't purchase the Battle Pass this season. I'm enjoying myself more without the pressure of chasing challenges every week, and Fortbytes look like they're extremely annoying.

I'm personally chuffed because I've come close to getting a Win this season, but missing by a hair (playing exclusively Solo) every time. Last night it was down to me and one other player near Haunted Hills, it's a close fight so I drop a Shadow Bomb to reposition myself... and then get blasted while I was invisible. Arrrrgh!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fortbytes complaints are really overblown.

Worst one so far is the pressure panel one since you need 4 people but otherwise they very most you have to do is go somewhere to collect it and you can Google that easy and be done in a minute.

The rest are ones you would get just by playing, getting xp and high positions.

If that's too much for you I don't know what to say, maybe just stop playing or worrying about skins so you don't have to get the battlepass.

Status
Not open for further replies.