• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
What mode are you playing ? I'm assuming the large game mode
Duos and solos. There is tons of new stuff but every encounter felt like it played out just like they did back when I played regularly. Other team tries to build over you and then drop down and shotgun you to death. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed things would change.

Jul 18, 2018
Duos and solos. There is tons of new stuff but every encounter felt like it played out just like they did back when I played regularly. Other team tries to build over you and then drop down and shotgun you to death. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed things would change.
Interesting since I play those modes only now (for daily challenge stars haha). Outside top 10, most engages I seem to be in involve the rifle and smg. Must be bad pool of games got matched into. But he's shotgun can get irritating but one miss and you basically got an advantage. I just stopped playing team rumble because it's everyone with shotguns

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I tried to solo the Stonewood Endurance mode SSD and yeah, that's not happening. I suppose it could be solo'd if I went back and redid all of Stonewood and set it up properly with trap tunnels, lobber shields and all that. But back then Stonewood was me not knowing anything about the game and I brute forced the area to move on to Plankerton. Anyway, I got to wave 11 which is the first Taker wave, although they do start sending mini-bosses at you before that, but I counted at least seven Takers all coming at me at once and then it was game over.

However, with four decent enough players it should not be too bad to clear all 30 waves, just make sure you have plenty of mats and traps pre-built and waiting in reserve, because whatever traps you do have deployed will get used up or destroyed by propane tanks, etc. I'm sure the Twine Peaks Endurance SSD will be similar to Frostnite levels of challenge!

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with the epic games launcher staying on your system tray after you close it, even though you haven't set it to in the settings?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"search a chest, use a vending machine, and a campfire in a match" doesn't work, used a few bonfires, both traps and in-world ones, used a vending machine (at which point the challenge updated) and searched several chests

Why can't they code proper

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
"search a chest, use a vending machine, and a campfire in a match" doesn't work, used a few bonfires, both traps and in-world ones, used a vending machine (at which point the challenge updated) and searched several chests

Why can't they code proper
Not 100% sure it will help you, but did you actually receive heals from the campfire you used? I tried it once while at full health and it didn't work, but then tried again with a different campfire after damaging myself and it worked. I think you may have to actually be healed by the campfire for it to work. And fwiw I did this at Lonely, where there are fires aplenty.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not 100% sure it will help you, but did you actually receive heals from the campfire you used? I tried it once while at full health and it didn't work, but then tried again with a different campfire after damaging myself and it worked. I think you may have to actually be healed by the campfire for it to work. And fwiw I did this at Lonely, where there are fires aplenty.
Can't remember really, it was in the middle of a match. Still, that's not what using a bonfire means.

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
Fortbyte 70 bugged for anyone else? PS4 if that matters. No matter what I do, the rings don't appear for me

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
New LTM is pretty crazy, not sure if it's been around before.

Called barebones and the only things you have on your UI is health, shield, weapons and mats otherwise everything else is disabled.

Can't tell hon many people are left, where the circle is, how much time left, what damage you have done to someone etc.

Oct 25, 2017

Called barebones and the only things you have on your UI is health, shield, weapons and mats otherwise everything else is disabled.

Can't tell hon many people are left, where the circle is, how much time left, what damage you have done to someone etc.
It's like a hardcore playlist in COD

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

It's been up before.
I played this with the new back bling with the radar. Made locating the circle so easy.
I don't like that the UI for items isn't shown as it makes picking up a certain item in crowd harder

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't there supposed to be challenges for this event? I can't seem to find any.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Okay I guess I'm dumb cause I can't figure it out but does anyone wanna give me the rundown on how to disable cross platform play on PS4? Thanks. Feel like I've checked everywhere in game and can't find it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm def finding this a lot more boring now that there isn't a constant battle like in tilted towers. I went from having constant double digit kills to trying to finding more than 5 people in a match. Where's the spot everybody goes now?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this event really highlights how shit the meta used to be. Pre-unvaulting event meta was pretty fair and let lots of different types of players compete. I love how utterly useless the crossbow is in team rumble right now.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I play here and there nowadays but whatever season they changed tilted towers, it is definitely nowhere near as popular as it used to be. It was guaranteed hot drop every match and now I'm lucky to even hear shots go off when I'm looting tilted.
That's a good thing to me.

Before most places were empty and most just went straight to tilted but now I find people spread out more which brings some variety to the matches.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
QWicks Bounty continues to be the funnest game mode. The fast paced high octane firefights are where I feel comfortable.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Okay I guess I'm dumb cause I can't figure it out but does anyone wanna give me the rundown on how to disable cross platform play on PS4? Thanks. Feel like I've checked everywhere in game and can't find it.

If you don't have this yet... under game settings, scroll down to almost the bottom where you set auto-run and auto open doors... right between those two is something called: Allow Cross Platform Parties. Set that to "no" and that's it.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least 8 tryhards playing together in rumble with matching colors, always going 3 to 4 on 1
Pretty fucking pathetic

lmao next shit the same game with a group that were always grouped as 4-6 and some idiot who was building like his life depended on it

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie lads I feel like I'm starting to lose steam with this game.
Same. I don't like the current weapons & balance (combat shottie is way more OP due to its reach & firerate than pump ever was, them both being available in this unvaulting-event pretty much confirmed that), and I feel like I've reached my limit as a player while others are still evolving. Used to be I could win an occasional solo game, now I'm having trouble even getting kills in most games. And we could play squads with a team of 3 and get at least 2-3 wins per night. Now we struggle even getting into the final fights because there are so many no/soccer skin try-hard supernerd full squads who just sweep over us.

Plus I'm getting sick and fucking tired of the lag and the never-ending audio issues. Enemies who can run right behind you without you hearing a single step and, like, why is a turret 100 meters away seemingly drowning sounds near me, or at least I'm hearing that loud & clear while someone running right next to me makes no sound?

Also, now that everyone starts with full health & shield, they need to drop Team Rumble's win condition back to 100 kills. These games take way too long now with 150.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
After winning a game with 12 stink bombs I tried it again but this time with 18. The result was the same. Those things are op in late game because most players carry only shield potions (which make sense of course). So if someone wants an easy win it's worth a shot. Will try it next time with only stink bombs if I find that many.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
This Power Up mode seemed like a great idea at first, but the circles close just... inexplicably slow. I figured it'd be "stock up on shields so you can survive the final few minutes of the meat grinder," not "stock up on shields and wind up being one of the five people left, all of whom have 1000+ shields, and it'll take the circle five minutes to finally reach you"

Maybe I'm just inherently salty when LTMs don't devolve into deathmatch because I'm good at Quake but bad at Fortnite lol

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
This Power Up mode seemed like a great idea at first, but the circles close just... inexplicably slow. I figured it'd be "stock up on shields so you can survive the final few minutes of the meat grinder," not "stock up on shields and wind up being one of the five people left, all of whom have 1000+ shields, and it'll take the circle five minutes to finally reach you"

Maybe I'm just inherently salty when LTMs don't devolve into deathmatch because I'm good at Quake but bad at Fortnite lol

Yeah I agree. Those last circles are. So. Damn. Long.

Everyone is just turtling at that point. I left my hiding spot after 3 minutes out of sheer boredom and didn't care I got killed moments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.