• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The full trailer/opening for Season 10 has leaked. It's pretty cool.

You can find it on the subreddit.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The full trailer/opening for Season 10 has leaked. It's pretty cool.

You can find it on the subreddit.
I personally think it's trash.

Not looking forward to a season of rehashes. Oh look, old locations that were removed for a reason are back. Oh look, lazy remakes of skins that have already been released are coming. This might be the season I finally drop the game at this rate.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the map when Jonsy is falling:
Seems the vulcano and Lazy Lagoon are still there, Dusty Depot and factories are back and there something new by the monster skeleton. Can't see the slipstream though.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if the time fluctuations started piecing the flesh of the monster back together until it was suddenly revived.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how this will be handed. Areas like Dusty Depot were absolute garbage and were changed for a reason.

I fell off pretty hard on fortnite by the end of this last season. Fortbytes + all the different challenges that drop feed daily just got to be too much, I like the final overtime skin by I'm not bothering with any of that shit anymore.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What if we get slipstream portals that will instantly transport you from one location to another throughout the map?

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to this season after taking an extended break. Really interested to see remixes of old skins now that skin quality in general is way better than before.

Just got all my fortbytes finished today what a grind but I love the singularity skin so much.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this season after taking an extended break. Really interested to see remixes of old skins now that skin quality in general is way better than before.

Just got all my fortbytes finished today what a grind but I love the singularity skin so much.
You just got my hopes up for a redux Black Knight skin, or a visual upgrade to the first one since I own it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So after some hours Fortbytes are gone? No way to collect them in Season 10?
Seeing as how the map is completely changing I'd say they are a Season 9 thing only. S10 will probably have some kind of equivalent though.
All of the current fortbytes are gone as they were tied to the season.

I have read that there won't be any for season 10 from people online but haven't seen official confirmation from epic themselves.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Ah man, I should've started playing again yesterday. Didn't know the next season was coming so soon.
Oh well, I got far enough in the battlepass to get 950 at least.

Am I seeing things or is team rumble a permanent mode now? It becoming the team rumble: siphon crap is what made me stop playing.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone please confirm if the 5 stages of Singularity Helmets are the onyl secret things to unlock in this season right? For now we have just the fortbytes and weekly challenges to finish right (besides the tilmed events ofc)?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time I've 100%ed a season. Welp.

I really hope this season brings back the Carbide/Omega challenges so the folks who couldn't unlock all their styles can finish that off, because it feel kinda mean that Epic made all the other style challenges permanently available.

Can anyone please confirm if the 5 stages of Singularity Helmets are the onyl secret things to unlock in this season right? For now we have just the fortbytes and weekly challenges to finish right (besides the tilmed events ofc)?
Yeah, it's just the helmets to find around the map (was pretty quick for me with a guide), the Fortbytes and the weekly challenges.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I finally understand what "crank 90s" means. I've seen that build tactic before but didn't know that it was called that.
Those are the only ones.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
First time I've 100%ed a season. Welp.

I really hope this season brings back the Carbide/Omega challenges so the folks who couldn't unlock all their styles can finish that off, because it feel kinda mean that Epic made all the other style challenges permanently available.

Yeah, it's just the helmets to find around the map (was pretty quick for me with a guide), the Fortbytes and the weekly challenges.
I finally understand what "crank 90s" means. I've seen that build tactic before but didn't know that it was called that.

Those are the only ones.

Thanks for the relief.
What is crank 90s btw? :p

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Thansk for the relief.
What is crank 90s btw? :p
ZGHsnod.jpg

The fastest way to build to the top without slowing down.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks fine but I don't like what they show of the skins
The tier 100 fucking blows ass, yet another edge lord

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
According to the patch notes, you can now use loading screens, emotes, and music from BR in STW?

Edit: You can! It's all shared!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
v10.00 Patch Notes
BATTLE ROYALE
What's New?
Season X - Battle Pass

New Season, new Battle Pass. 100 levels, over 100 new rewards. Find out more information on everything that's new in Season X in the announce blog

Click here to view Image

B.R.U.T.E.

Few suits make you feel as powerful as a mech suit does. In this two-person vehicle, players can control its movement while their partner controls its firepower. Those feeling extra adventurous can operate it solo by switching between moving and shooting!

Click here to view Image

Rift Zones

The Zero Point Explosion has made the island volatile! Locations once thought to be lost are beginning to appear, but they aren't the same as they once were… Drop in and explore to discover what mysterious gameplay changes they have in store.

Weapons + Items
  • B.R.U.T.E.
    • This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
    • The driver is able to:
      • Dash into combat.
      • Super Jump to victory.
      • Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
        • Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
    • The passenger has two weapons at their disposal: a shotgun and a missile launcher.
      • Shotgun
        • Clip Size: 10
        • Damage: 50
        • Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
    • Missile Launcher
      • Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
      • Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
      • After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
    • New Mechanic: Overshield
      • Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
  • Vaulted
    • Baller
    • Quad Crasher
    • Flint Knock Pistol
    • Shadow Bomb
    • Semi-Auto Sniper
    • Tactical Assault Rifle
    • Mounted Turret
    • Air Strike
    • Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
      • Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we'll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Heavy Shotgun not piercing through water in modes where it is available.
  • All Campfires now heal vehicles.
  • The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle no longer has perfect hip-fire accuracy after aiming down sights.
  • Boogie Bombs and Grenades no longer pass through vehicles.
Gameplay
  • Missions
    • New Battle Pass feature!
    • Missions are a series of thematic objectives that grant rewards. As you complete these objectives, you'll earn Battle Stars, XP, and exclusive cosmetic items.
      • More information about Missions can be found in the Battle Pass and Challenges tabs.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue involving players getting stuck under a ramp as it's placed.
Events
  • Arena Game Mode updates!
    • Season kicks off with Solos and Trios Arena.
    • Hype will be reset at the start of Season X, with a new scoring structure in place.
    • 10 Divisions - point values have been increased, but progression should be roughly the same. The bolded divisions are new.
      • Open I (0 - 499)
      • Open II (500 - 999)
      • Open III (1000 - 1499)
      • *Open IV (1500 - 1999) *
      • Contender I (2000 - 2999)
      • Contender II (3000 - 4499)
      • Contender III (4500 - 6499)
      • Champion I (6500 - 9999)
      • *Champion II (10000 - 13999) *
      • *Champion III (14000+) *
    • Scoring model updates - standardized points and bus fares across all playlists.
      • Solo
        • Eliminations: 20pt
        • Top 25: 60pt
        • Top 15: 30pt
        • Top 5: 30pt
        • Victory Royale: 60pt
      • Trios
        • Eliminations: 7pt (per team member)
        • Top 8: 60pt
        • Top 4: 30pt
        • Top 2: 30pt
        • Victory Royale: 60pt
    • Bus fare increases at Divisions 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
    • Matchmaking in Arena is still based on players with similar Hype. Players in higher divisions may experience longer-than-normal wait times to ensure higher-quality matches.
Performance
  • Improved level streaming performance for all platforms by optimizing the way assets are preloaded. This reduces cases in which players land on buildings with a low level of detail, particularly on Switch and Xbox One.
Art + Animation
  • The Ride the Pony Emote is now a traversal Emote.
  • Players who earned the Ride the Pony Emote from the Season 2 Battle Pass have been given a new, additional traversal Emote: Pony Up!
Audio
  • Added new bullet impact sounds.
  • Increased the volume of distant gunfire and Gliders.
  • Increased Chest volume and audio range by 10%.
Bug Fixes

• Ambient sound no longer cuts out when players walk between biomes.
UI
  • Pressing the Main Menu button on controllers now defaults focus to the Main Menu (right side of the screen).
Bug Fixes

• The loading content message will no longer be stuck at 0% when players are matchmaking.
  • Fixed a Lobby camera issue when returning from a replay.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the selection of different players in the Lobby after switching from different game modes.
  • Selecting Leave Match no longer prevents a player in your party sitting out in the Lobby from entering matchmaking.
Replay
  • A new camera mode, Battle Map, has been added to server replays. This camera mode shows:
    • A path of where the followed player has been during the match.
    • The locations of the eliminations the followed player has done during the match.
Mobile
  • Auto-fire system improvements:
    • We've re-tuned Auto-fire for every weapon with this update and would love specific and detailed weapon feedback so that we can continue to improve it.
    • If you want to try it out and don't use Auto-fire already, go into your HUD settings and enable Auto-fire.
  • Added a new setting: Tap to Search/Interact for Controllers.
  • Added a message for devices on Android that have the Sensor Pressure settings (S8, S8+, S9, S9+, and Note 9) to inform players about the settings being active.
    • Players would unintentionally return to the Home screen due to this setting being active.
  • We've increased the size of buttons and icons in the following areas:
    • The Frontend Lobby tab buttons.
    • The Crown for Party leader display icon.
    • The Map Marker.
  • "First team to reach the elimination goal wins!" message won't remain throughout the whole match in Team Rumble.
Bug Fixes

• Exiting a vehicle won't reload the player's weapon.
  • The button for skipping cutscenes is now visible on Android.
  • Vertical black lines aren't displayed on the Challenges page.
  • The Settings Menu will properly display when language is set to Spanish.
  • The text on the menu buttons in the Settings Menu is aligned.
  • Quick Heal button won't appear when falling or after opening the map.
  • Scaling the Quick Heal button in the HUD Layout Tool won't cause the icon to change to the item's icon in the inventory.
  • Quick Heal button won't disappear from the HUD Layout tool when another button is modified.
  • Players are able to open doors or Chests while using the ADS button.
  • Build mode button will correctly change to the Weapon mode button when pressing it on Android.
  • Added header on multiple widgets in the HUD Layout Tool.
  • Graphical improvement of CloudBreaker outfit.
  • Graphical improvement of the blue variant of the Sea Wolf outfit.
  • Freefall icon will be displayed when falling to the map.
  • ADS button won't be displayed when driving a vehicle that you entered while holding a gun.
  • When updating the Banner Trooper outfit, players won't disappear in the Locker, and the proper Banner will be displayed.
  • Edit button will be displayed when using passenger seat.
  • Screen won't turn black when looking inside of a body of water.
  • Jump button won't remain greyed out after players press it.
  • Audio improvements.
  • Fixed the occasional static sounds on Android.
  • Tapping with interactable items in Edit mode will no longer cause the camera to lock.
  • Player won't be able to edit through structures.
  • Ex: Looking at your wall and being able to edit another structure (floor, ramp, roof).
  • Fixed an unopenable Chest near Polar Peak.
BATTLE ROYALE
UI
  • All players' matchmaking regions have been reset to Auto. You can change your preference in the Options menu.

BALLERS GONE PRAISE FUCK

This is dumb tho :
"We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. "
Right you just want people in mechs to not feel like shit because they can't aim

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Jumping in now, weekly challenges have changed, it's sets of theme based challenges now (team rumble challenges, traversal challenges, level challenges etc. ) with two different levels of difficulty and lots of styles for the battle pass skins as rewards.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
only interested in getting to level 75.

looks like a fun battle pass and the skins/styles look great

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
RIP to the ballers, they allowed me to travel out far, loot well and not have to worry about the storm in that first circle. I also loved attacking peoples towers with them, even winning a Duos match for the final kill.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I remember some people saying it was easier at the start of a season to get a win, even on switch it seems like nothing but soccer sweats so far, nothing like just a few days ago.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's usually easier. After I get home from work, I usually get a win in the first couple of games if not the very first. Of course, I get off work at the same time as kids, so maybe I'm just catching casual opponents.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Won't lie. With the increased gains in StW vBucks I've been getting, I went ahead and just got the 25 tier pass. It's not that bad when you're making nearly 100 a day. So glad I started checking a tracker for those money missions.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Btw, since Weekly Challenges are kind-of gone, this mean we won't have the Weekly Star once you've finished a week of challenges?

Yep another way to make the grind even bigger, I'm kind of disappointed by this choice.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This season there are XP-specific rewards, though. Skin colors and such.
Don't care much about bullshit colors, just want the tier 100
Btw, since Weekly Challenges are kind-of gone, this mean we won't have the Weekly Star once you've finished a week of challenges?

Yep another way to make the grind even bigger, I'm kind of disappointed by this choice.
Yeah, a year ago you had 5 free tiers from the previous BP and 10 secret stars for 10 free tiers
Now all this is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.